~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ November 2013 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 348 Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

crunchymonkey, diamhim, tifga, swilliams, badwolf - welcome!   btw badwolf, how long are your cycles?

alive - that certainly sounds promising!  Can't wait to see your next update.

kateaton - Thx for the tip!  I'm not very knowledgeable about those supplements so am researching them now.  I did start taking 100mg standard CoQ10 this month around CD7.  Going into my fertile window I noticed that every time I took one I would get EWCM about 90 mins later!  It happened 8 distinct times.  Apparently CoQ10 is can be used to increase saliva for dry mouth, so maybe it's an extension of the same mechanism.  Add that as another item on my list of "things to research."  It has now become my full-time job!  I even got one of those gel butt pillows for my computer area cuz my @$$ was going numb!

rosie - I totally understand about being ticked off.  My DH and I joke that my new norm is PO'ed... it's ridiculous!

wife - have you given any more thought to moving?  was that 90 mins away from DH or DH's job?

AFM: 9dpo today.  Had distinct queasiness last night when I woke up around 2am.  Never had queasiness due to hormones until a couple of months ago.  Ever since my mc all my "norms" have gone out the window.  My temp is still climbing though, and my Ovacue indicates that my progesterone is still high.  My right ovary pain has diminished greatly - I almost was able to sleep on my side last night (on stomach still a no-go).  My elastic-waist-band lounge pants aren't bothering me hardly at all today.  Aside from waking up exhausted, I actually feel kinda normal. Hallelujah! 

#182 of 348 Old 11-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I've never been a supplement/vitamin consumer but decided to try some. So I bought some royal jelly and coq10 today. I have no idea how much to take though! The coq10 is 200mg so I thought I'd take 2/day. The royal jelly is in a gel cap form and is 500mg. I'm guessing 2 of these / day to start out?? Any advice is welcomed!

Also, DH doesn't take vitamins and I'd hoped to convince him to take stuff that should help with male reproductive health. Well, when I told him about the royal jelly I thought he'd think I was crazy. But he thought it sounded good and asked me to get him some vitamins too! So after MINIMAL research, I concluded vits C, E, and zinc are most important for men. So I just got him some centrum cause it had lots of all that stuff. Just feels good to be doing SOMETHING!!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#183 of 348 Old 11-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

I've never been a supplement/vitamin consumer but decided to try some. So I bought some royal jelly and coq10 today. I have no idea how much to take though! The coq10 is 200mg so I thought I'd take 2/day. The royal jelly is in a gel cap form and is 500mg. I'm guessing 2 of these / day to start out?? Any advice is welcomed!

Also, DH doesn't take vitamins and I'd hoped to convince him to take stuff that should help with male reproductive health. Well, when I told him about the royal jelly I thought he'd think I was crazy. But he thought it sounded good and asked me to get him some vitamins too! So after MINIMAL research, I concluded vits C, E, and zinc are most important for men. So I just got him some centrum cause it had lots of all that stuff. Just feels good to be doing SOMETHING!!

Rosie, I use YS Organic Bee Farms royal jelly in honey.  I take 1 tsp. 2x day.  I did a lot of research a few years ago ( before becoming preggo with dd3) and that seemed to be the specific one that many women recommended on various threads and forums.  What you have may be fine but you might want to look into this one in particular.

My DH wouldn't take vitamins either.  But I finally convinced him to let me buy him one of those days of the week pill boxes and to put the ones he needs in there.  It's pretty hilarious seeing that thing on the counter.  But he's now taking a men's multi (but it's pretty weak and lacking many things), a B50 complex, C, D3, K2, ubiquinol, and zinc.  I also make him eat a couple brazil nuts a day for selenium.  

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#184 of 348 Old 11-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
@inmacircle, my cycles have always been 7 dsys without fail, then 28 days like clockwork till the next. Any other questions? I'm glad to answer anything since I'm kind of bad with describing details in relation to me.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#185 of 348 Old 11-15-2013, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband said he'd take vitamins if I want him to. Been meaning to research. Right now I'm taking folic acid and a calcium/something else I can't remember to help my broken hand heal. Plus I take elderberry syrup on a reg basis lately as I keep feeling colds coming on. Been meaning to take alfalfa but goodness the after taste!

Felt some heavy twinge feelings tonight, 8dpo. Very tired but that's the norm with a teething toddler. Going to test with an answer test (which I equivalate to frer) on 10dpo Sunday, maybe Monday if I can hold off. wink1.gif

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFdelayedvax.gifcrochetsmilie.gif               luxlove.gif Happily married 06/2013 love.gif       bouncy.gif DD1 (S) 04/2012  waterbirth.jpg

candle.gif missed mc 04/2013 at 9 weeks candle.gif              stork-suprise.gif Due 09/2014 belly.gif

#186 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 12:49 PM

Ok, still trying to get the CM thing down. Yesterday was clear and stretchy. Today is still clear, more watery, and VERY stretchy. So what does this mean for ovulation? By my chart, today is supposed to be my ovulation day.

#187 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliams771 View Post

Ok, still trying to get the CM thing down. Yesterday was clear and stretchy. Today is still clear, more watery, and VERY stretchy. So what does this mean for ovulation? By my chart, today is supposed to be my ovulation day.

It means get busy... like, immediately!  The thinner and stretchier the better!  In textbook cases, it's thinnest and stretchiest on the last (and highest) day of fertility in a cycle. 

Typical CM (aside from fertile time) is thicker - with more densely packed "fibers" in it.  These fibers form a mesh that sperm can't swim through.  As you become more fertile and your developing eggs produce increasing amounts of estrogen, this tells your body to thin the mucus.  The fibers in that thin, watery, slippery CM are farther apart - so the sperm can swim right through between them! 

#188 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliams771 View Post

While I agree to get busy, I'm of the opinion that 1-3 days prior to O is ideal! But that CM sounds ideal!!

05/14
#189 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

I am going crazy. :( 3 days late and still no sign of AF. If anything i have absolutely no cramping now which I had before and the spotting has completely stopped. I've been pretty upset to my stomach (nausea and diarrhea) and just been pretty miserable. I took a test yesterday and still negative so I am still stuck in limbo not knowing. 

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#190 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 04:51 PM

I think I'm going to test tomorrow morning. I read the other day that some people actually get a stronger result with second morning urine instead of FMU, anyone have an opinion on that? I'll only be 10dpo

Alivewithyou That sounds miserable. Things like illness and stress can cause your period to be delayed, so that is what I would suspect if you're still getting a neg. Hugs, hope you feel better soon.

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFdelayedvax.gifcrochetsmilie.gif               luxlove.gif Happily married 06/2013 love.gif       bouncy.gif DD1 (S) 04/2012  waterbirth.jpg

candle.gif missed mc 04/2013 at 9 weeks candle.gif              stork-suprise.gif Due 09/2014 belly.gif

#191 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
I'm of the opinion that 1-3 days prior to O is ideal!

rosie - just for you, I say *especially* 2.67-3.58 days prior to O (wink, wink)!

swilliams - it's possible that you might ovulate a day later... Rosie's got it though, as 1-3 days prior are the best. 

alive - how many dpo are you?  limbo is just the cherry on top of the TWW isn't it?

crunchy - I don't know about SMU.  I've heard that's better for OPKs but not HPTs.  Hopefully someone has some experience with that and can share.

badwolf - so if I read right, you are a week late (discounting that episode last week)?  do you have any idea if you ovulated?  do you track your cycle? 

#192 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
alive - how many dpo are you?  limbo is just the cherry on top of the TWW isn't it?

To be honest.. I'm not sure now.  I was going off of ovulating perfectly mid-cycle.. but I didn't chart or anything. I did have EWCM about 9 days ago... so I'm starting to wonder if I just ovulated really late. I've always been pretty regular so this is just an emotional tease lol. My DH is also going crazy and has to check and see if AF has shown up every couple of hours. 

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#193 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM

Thanks ladies! We've been BDing daily since Thursday, so here goes nothing! Fingers *crossed*. Guess I can be moved to 2WW. smile.gif
#194 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

innacircle - We're thinking about it but I don't know. DH would have to find a much better job out there for it to be worth putting down a down payment on a trailer. I'm also going to talk to him about trying to find a better one out here. Maybe eventually we'll get enough saved up and get a real house. It just doesn't seem too appealing to have to put down a 'big' down payment and still end up having to pay lot rent every month when the trailer is paid off. I hate living in an apartment and I don't have good enough childcare to work more hours or go to school. Its like we'll keep swimming in circles until either DH gets a better job or he deploys (he's reserves, it'll be a few years at least). I'll have to be sure to remember my super-frugal habits if a deployment happens first. Nothing like doubling your income to make you forget how to be cheap. :eyesroll Its funny how I'm more worried about how to pay for water and gas and than diapers. Babies R Us sales are my go-to for disposables. I can't even cloth diaper this cheap at $3 a load in the laundromat when I already own the diapers.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#195 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post
 My DH is also going crazy and has to check and see if AF has shown up every couple of hours. 

alive - OK that is hilarious!  As if you'd forget to mention it... men are such goofs sometimes.  If you did ovulate late, and still no AF - that's a really good sign.  You just had spotting a day or so ago right?  You're probably in the middle of implantation and the hcg hasn't built up enough for a test to detect yet.  This sounds really promising! 

wife - sounds like a rock and a hard place type of situation there in Michigan.  Are you in areas where there are jobs to be had?  I've heard it's pretty dire there in a lot of spots.  Seems like it all boils down to your husband finding a better job.  If that can be had, the rest of the pieces would be able to be moved into place without so much uncertainty.  Sometimes it's better to do less, even though all you want is to change everything.  (been there, believe me)

#196 of 348 Old 11-16-2013, 09:20 PM

@innacircle still no AF. It should've been here 4 days ago. Like I said before, what I had last weekend was peachy and it was similar to cm and gooey. I ovulated after my last AF. If what I has was AF last weekend, ovulation would technically be starting but no sign. Instead I've been over emotional and exhausted. And peeing. A lot. And red apples now make me nauseous. I want to test but hubby thinks I should wait till December. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but the boobs are getting bigger. So my body is more confusing now. :/

Sarah & DH Alan 

#197 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 AM

Tested way early like a crazy person and now refuse to test at all. Waiting!

mama to an amazing kid ~ '07  ~ lover of phish, books, sunshine, bare feet, meditation, healthy living, non-gmo, creating, positive good-natured people ~ "disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government & business." -tr

#198 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

@innacircle still no AF. It should've been here 4 days ago. Like I said before, what I had last weekend was peachy and it was similar to cm and gooey. I ovulated after my last AF. If what I has was AF last weekend, ovulation would technically be starting but no sign. Instead I've been over emotional and exhausted. And peeing. A lot. And red apples now make me nauseous. I want to test but hubby thinks I should wait till December. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but the boobs are getting bigger. So my body is more confusing now. :/
If you're already 4 days late, why would you wait 2 more weeks to test? Why not test now?!?!
delightedbutterfly likes this.

05/14
#199 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 10:53 AM

@rosie2727 I did test because I am not patient. It came out negative, again. But that may not be accurate. I don't produce enough of the hormones and need to see my doctor. She's booked for almost the next 5 weeks. So I'm trying to see if there's someone else in her practice I can see.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#200 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM

badwolf: so why exactly does your dr say it's impossible? Have they given you a specific diagnosis of any kind? That stinks bfn....no way I could have lasted til 4 days late even!

05/14
#201 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

@innacircle still no AF. It should've been here 4 days ago. Like I said before, what I had last weekend was peachy and it was similar to cm and gooey. I ovulated after my last AF. If what I has was AF last weekend, ovulation would technically be starting but no sign.
just a one more note...if last wkend WAS AF, then I don't think you'd probably O again until next weekend. So maybe it would make sense that there'd be no signs of O yet. Unless you know you ovulate 7-8 days into cycle...also, have you ever had this peachy, CM like goo? I think you should call your dr and describe it, as it sounds very odd, unless this has happened before...i know women can have varying colors of CM, but I've never heard it referred to as peach colored. If it wasn't AF or O related, then it could be infection??? Just trying to cover all bases here...

05/14
#202 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 12:06 PM

@rosie2727 its a hormones and estrogen issue. They wanted me to start doing fertility treatments, but the money isn't there and insurance because of all the new changes won't cover this 'pre-existing' condition.

Never had the peach discharge before. It did also come with some dark spotting. There's no infection. Doctor told me what else would've come with infection. She also said she couldn't diagnose over the phone and wanted to do a blood test and ultrasound. My patience is just very thin. As far as ovulation cycle, it's always 8 days afterwards. These are all things that have been tracked since my first son 4 years ago who is now our angel above. There's a story behind that I'm not ready to tell. The hubby keeps laughing because all signs are pointing to pregnancy and he thinks he's own and proven the doctors wrong. I don't want to let him down if he didn't. Hope is a painful thing...

Sarah & DH Alan 

#203 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 PM

So my husband was up ALL NIGHT sick and restless, so I was up all night. Didn't even try to check my temp this morning. I woke at 6:30, took a test with SMU. I didn't see any line within about 2 minutes and managed to go back to sleep. Woke back up at 10 decided to look at it again and there's a faint pink line. Probably evap? But everything I read says evaps are gray and look more like an indention than a dye line. Going to get a cheapie test tomorrow. 

#204 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymonkey View Post

So my husband was up ALL NIGHT sick and restless, so I was up all night. Didn't even try to check my temp this morning. I woke at 6:30, took a test with SMU. I didn't see any line within about 2 minutes and managed to go back to sleep. Woke back up at 10 decided to look at it again and there's a faint pink line. Probably evap? But everything I read says evaps are gray and look more like an indention than a dye line. Going to get a cheapie test tomorrow. 
This sounds kind of promising! Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted.

05/14
#205 of 348 Old 11-17-2013, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Okay I was wandering. I am on cycle day 13 and no I'm never sure when I ovulate my cycles have been whacky lol. But today I have had ewcm all day!! And I have not infection or anything it's just clear and no odor but I have had it all day. Does that mean I am ovulating or bout to or what? I don't do much about knowing when I ovulate lol. Thanks smile.gif also me and hubby dtd last night so hopefully if I am ovulating that is good since we bd last night and maybe tonight lol
#206 of 348 Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM

scjp- that is fertile cm, you definitely want to be bding now!

Please move me to waiting to know FINALLY!!  I wasn't completely sure of ovulation this month- I think I had a slow rise and a fallback rise.  I think I'm 4 dpo now.   Being my first post partum cycle, it has definitely been a bit wonky, with a longer follicular phase then I normally would have.  So we'll see what happens this month.  I was looking back on my old charts from before dd3 and I sometimes had slow rise or fallback rise (not usually in the same cycle though).  The cycle dd3 was conceived on was wonky too.  I had been travelling and O was delayed and I had a fallback rise after O.  So who knows?

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#207 of 348 Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 AM

I have a random question.  Does anyone know if you can release two eggs from the same ovary (in the same cycle)?  I had seriously strong pain on my left side for about 6 hours the evening I think I ovulated (I had a pos. OPK early that morning and other signs of impending O too).  I NEVER get painful ovulation signs like that.  I had to lay on the couch and not move and had a hard time falling asleep.

I've been praying for twins- I know it's crazy but I just want them, and I know it wouldn't be easy. (They also run in my family, I'm over 35, have had 3 kids and am breastfeeding, so I know there's an increased chance).  Anyway, just thought I'd ask.

#208 of 348 Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 AM

scjp: yes, I agree that it's fertile CM and it's good you e been BD'g and should continue til that's gone. Yay!

kateaton: idk for sure, but when people become pregnant with fraternal twins, obviously 2 eggs were released during the same cycle. So if say it's possible. But idk if they can come from same side or if they come one from each side normally.

crunchymonkey: we are all on the edge of our seats!! Did you test again?!?? Lol!

AFM: still nothing going on. My crappy hormonal moods have diminished some. I was having strong pinching pain really low on my right side on my way into work this am. Not trying to read too much into it tho. I should be approx 7dpo. I keep thinking maybe I should temp chart, but I'm already so obsessed! And I've had two healthy pregnancies without (and 3 unhealthy pregnancies too). So I think just knowing approx when I O is useful. But there are some days I just wish I knew for sure!! Today is my first child's 11th birthday!! I cannot believe that 11 years ago at this very moment I was in awe over my first born, perfect and sweet DD!

05/14
#209 of 348 Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well I still have it this morning and what do you know hubby is sick greensad.gif he has the worst
Stuffy nose sore throat and so we didn't get to bd last night I'm hopin by tonight he will be better lol I wanna catch that egg I wanna be able to tell everyone at Christmas smile.gif lol that would be awesome present
#210 of 348 Old 11-18-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saharaviolet View Post

BeckaI read your first two posts and was blown away by our similarities. Easy first time conceiving son, LMP oct 5th, O probably 20-22 ish. So when I read your AF visited today I wanted to reach out with a virtual hug, we are practically cycle buddies. I would be due between CD 30-34 and still no AF today, day 32. Slightly agonizing couple days since I am holding out on testing until morning after 34 if that comes. So true about instant gratification in this world! I admire you for choosing to leave your anxiety to a higher power. Question, did you think you had any early Pg signs? I am having some but it's probably my hyper vigilance on the subject and noticing every twinge. Baby dust to you this November 5 cycle!
Sry I have been super busy lately and haven't been on. That is crazy how similar we are! 👊 cycle buddies! I should O any day now. I'm using my OPK and haven't gotten the go yet. I don't temp although I should. How are you? I haven't gotten the chance to read any post yet to get updated on everyone.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page