Mothering Forum banner

~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ November 2013

16K views 349 replies 40 participants last post by  Leelee577 
#1 ·
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
November 2013

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gif
Waiting to O
whistling.gif

delightedbutterfly

Eve Maya

Tara2 BFPChart2.gif

emilyg25

girlspn

southbaymama BFPChart2.gif

Naturallywhole

jennmk13

alittlemischief

russell27

Becka32

tifga

swilliams771

saharaviolet

innacircle

rosie2727

Alivewithyou

kateaton

linnylou422

Charmedseed

clarwyn

jenjy

SunnaRising BFPChart2.gif

Kaliakra BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif
Waiting to Know (2WW)
headscratch.gif

OregonMoon

zbugmama

Diamhim

nikwhit76

Siuann

scjp1109

Right of Passage

Rojita

NaturallyMo

katealicia

edubluv

mygreenestgrass

innacircle

confused.gif
WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
confused.gif

badwolf092087

idea.gif
Waiting to be Ready
idea.gif

tinytina
MakeItSew
jesepumpkin
crunchymonkey
mareseatoats
WifeofAnt BFPChart2.gif

joy.gif
~ 2013 GRADUATES~
joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!

:heartbeat
October BFP's

Katemonster128

jenjy

southbaymama chartnew.gif

Cassie86

Water Mama

claregageler

berrypavlova

ecnarwold

ladyelms

activia

September BFP's

TeaJunkie

MrsRoss

RoseMomof2boys

Dianna79

Winter2013

phunkymama1

jesepumpkin

eazar

jennmk13

heartbeat.gif
August BFP's
heartbeat.gif

MamaJen

tolovemercy

newgirlintown

Jayray

manysplinters

tantylynn

monkeyscience

brooksfam

Anaralia

heartbeat.gif
July BFP's
heartbeat.gif

pepperedmoth

runonmama

heartbeat.gif
June BFP's
heartbeat.gif

MistyNicole

pattimomma

MrsM

tabitha

cressyhoke

seattlemamma

heartbeat.gif
May BPF's
heartbeat.gif

Blanca78

jesepumpkin

JustJenny

heartbeat.gif
April BFP's
heartbeat.gif

LilyKay

Erica812

heartbeat.gif
March BFP's
heartbeat.gif

babibelli

heartbeat.gif
February BFP's
heartbeat.gif

John16n33

SparkleMaman

heartbeat.gif
January BFP's
heartbeat.gif

devilish
SuzieSmiles

biggrinbounce.gif
Waiting to Hear From You
biggrinbounce.gif

momof2trying43

anjalisa

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe I made the starter post right. It wouldn't let me start a thread in the TTC section, until I tried from my phone! Of course I couldn't do everything from my phone so I had to crawl out of bed to fix up the November ONE Thread for y'all.
:shy
I'm not sure if I should remove @momof2trying43 and @anjalisa. Are you two out there?

Anyway, today marks our switch to TTA. Just for the month though. Not like I'm ovulating anyway, lol. I hope everyone had a good Halloween/Samhain. We had fun. DS got tired partway through trick or treating but he did end up with a lot of candy. I should get to bed now though. I'm hoping I get this thread admin thing right!

#4 ·
Hey all I'm on cycle day 41hubby bought me them clear blue digital to take and took it today bfn and I'm use to 35 and also I need info on preseed. Me and hubby bought some tonight to try when do u start using it and any experiences that are good out if it? Thanks

#5 ·
We're starting to BD again tonight. I'm taking a more low-key attitude to this cycle: not temping or using an OPK. Just regular BD every other day. We got the results from my husband's latest semen analysis and motility is back to normal. Counts are still low (5 million), but they're rising. So we're hopeful.

We use PreSeed as lube whenever we have sex to try to conceive. I use the applicator to insert it right before we start. Haven't had a positive result yet, but that's because of the low sperm count.

#7 ·
Hello, ladies! I would like to get added to the thread. I am getting back to TTC after a miscarriage in September. My first AF came 4 days ago and is winding down now, so I am hoping to ovulate in about 2 weeks, which was my pattern before the miscarriage. My first cycle was insane - 44 days. I am both excited and nervous. Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/helenne32

#8 ·
Thread Updated To Here

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyg25 View Post

We're starting to BD again tonight. I'm taking a more low-key attitude to this cycle: not temping or using an OPK. Just regular BD every other day. We got the results from my husband's latest semen analysis and motility is back to normal. Counts are still low (5 million), but they're rising. So we're hopeful.
Are you guys using maca root or anything?

AFM - Argh, my teeth are killing me. I really need to get at least one of my wisdom teeth out but I don't have dental insurance and don't want to spend so much money. I might end up getting forced to have the one out because its partially erupted and I've already needed antibiotics for it once because stuff gets in between the tooth and the gum. I haven't been able to open my mouth all the way in a while without some pretty bad pain.

I also had another fake fertile phase. I think, if I don't ovulate by the 20th, I might ask my doctor for Provera. If my body is trying to use the same egg each time it starts over it's probably going to be no good if I ovulate this cycle anyway.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Are you guys using maca root or anything?
Yeah, he just started taking FertilAid for Men and Count Boost. He had his vasectomy reversal in May, so we're still in the normal recovery period. I'm also drinking FertiliTea and taking Evening Primrose Oil for cervical mucous, so our counter looks nuts. :) But it doesn't hurt and it makes us feel like we're doing all we can.

#10 ·
emilyg25 - I've heard *amazing* things about maca root. I'm guessing FertilAid is going to have some of that in it. I have DH taking some maca root and multivitamins 'just because'. We didn't conceive DS until about 3 months after he started vitamins so maybe there was something to it last time. Maybe it was a coincidence.

AFM -Its a little depressing knowing that no matter when or how this cycle ends that I won't have a "2WW", since my time window closed and I didn't ovulate (no August due dates!). If I ovulate pretty close after my time window opens again, I'll be able to POAS around Christmas or New Year's. DS will be 3y9m at my earliest EDD. Never would I have imagined a 4 year gap when I was pregnant with him!

#11 ·
Hi I'm new here but I guess I am under waiting to know. I am on day 17 of my cycle and tried on day 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. I am not charting yet but more going off of the timing of my cycle and over trying I guess lol. I have been regular before and during my use of birth control and just stopped using pills this month.

#12 ·
Welcome Kaliakra! I'm sorry to hear of your mc in Sept ;( Sounds like your cycle is picking right back up though, and it is rumored that fertility is higher for 3 or so cycles afterwards. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a big turnaround!

wife - you really got right on it making sure we had a new Nov thread. nice work - and thanks! Is not ovulating something new for you? Wisdom teeth are such a pain (literally and figuratively). You could always apply clove oil until you get it squared away. Clove oil is mildly antiseptic and it dulls pain. My md used it after my wisdom teeth were removed (had dry sockets) and it was a lifesaver. The pulsing radiating pain stopped within a minute.

scjp - still nothing? when will you retest? Re Preseed, I usually have decent CM so lube hasn't been an issue... UNTIL last month when I started taking Femaprin. Whoa - it was as if I was on max decongestants all month! We just used Preseed like normal lube (it was our first time trying it). It seemed like good stuff though. -btw I stopped Femaprin (it has vitex in it) when AF arrived and CM is back to normal this month.

emily - I can totally understand that desire to feel like we're doing all we can. Same here - it seems like conception is my new full time job! Have you noticed any changes in your body since starting the supplements?

AFM - CD 9 and nothing to report. One question though - I started using OPK sticks on CD4 since I have short cycles and I've never used those before. Aside from the dark control line, there was a very faint line that progressively got lighter each day through CD 6, then it was completely negative on CD 7. I really felt like we conceived last month bc I had very out-of-the-ordinary symptoms but I didn't do a proper HCG test... AF came a day late and that was that. Do you guys think the fading on the OPK sticks could indicate the lessening of HCG after a chem pregnancy?

#13 ·
Alivewithyou - If you aren't charting, you're going to want to keep trying. It can take a few months off of birth control for your body to get back into the swing of things. You may ovulate late or you might not ovulate at all. Every other day until your period shows up should cover it. If it doesn't, I'd test when you think you're "late" and a week after that.

innacircle - I'm coming off of Depo Provera. Its no longer "effective" but it could still take a while for my body to start ovulating again. I'm just going to sit and wait until January (when it should be undetectable in my blood) but we're going to use barriers for the month because we're avoiding August due dates.

#14 ·
Yeah we planned on continuing to try we just took a break yesterday because we were tired. I keep feeling random twinges and cramps but I also know I'm hyper sensitive to my body now lol.

#16 ·
Waiting to O! ( And my first post:)) LMP was 10-20-2013, I O on the 3rd of Nov ( my body is like clock work) This will be my SO and I's first child. After having a 13 week miscarriage in June, and losing my children and burying another...we are REALLY hoping for this. Grasping at straws for healing I suppose, but it is what it is.

#18 ·
Welcome to November TTC friends. Thanks WifeofAnt for keeping the thread. Hello new faces.

This is my first 2WW and it hasn't been easy on me. My impatient bordering on obsessive nature has been taking the wait hard. Since I haven't started proper charting with my temps, only used dates and cervix/cm info O day isn't 100% known. I will start temps if/when AF comes. The surprise baby 12 years ago was so much easier!
redface.gif

#20 ·
Hi everyone!

Thank you wifeofant for this thread! I'm on CD 20, testing with opk every day, all negative. I'm also temping for the first time since after the first ppaf... everyday is pretty much the same but temp dipped yesterday, so I'm hopeful! Opk still negative though. Will I ever ovulate? If I had a ppaf, does that mean I ovulated? My daughter is still nursing a lot...

Sorry, lots of rambling on my part..

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjp1109 View Post

Hey all I'm on cycle day 41hubby bought me them clear blue digital to take and took it today bfn and I'm use to 35 and also I need info on preseed. Me and hubby bought some tonight to try when do u start using it and any experiences that are good out if it? Thanks
scjp1109-- I conceived twice on pre-seed. I had almost no cervical mucus so decided to try pre-seed after after 2 years of TTC and never got pregnant. Well, there were other reasons for that, but the 2 cycles we used pre-seed I conceived both times (miscarried first and conceived immediately after), so I think it's pretty awesome. Back then I was checking my cervical position to determine ovulation, and just used it on the days around ovulation.

#22 ·
I told my husband I would wait on testing for hopefully another week. I didn't drink last night at my sister in laws party just in case and of course everybody was asking why lol but didn't tell them. I'm on cycle day 42 Just hanging around no symptoms peeing more but that's it lol

#23 ·
Yes, thanks wife for the thread keeping....I didn't know it was up yet so I've had some catching up to do!

CD? Ha! I've been so down after that chemical last week that I've been a bit oblivious. But I do know enough to know that my fertile window should open soon. So I'm getting back in the program. Ok, quick thinking puts me at CD8.

After a pack a day for 19 years, I haven't had one smoke in 6 days! This is huge for me as I only quit when prego. But I have to quit and what if it's hindering my fertility? It's about time I give it up!

Welcome to any newbies! Kaliakra, good to see you here too. Been following you on another thread.

And for those of us that have been here at least a couple of months....I hope we can leave this thread soon!

Reactions: southbaymama
#24 ·
DH thinks I'm nuts but I'm spending my time being an information sponge. Reading "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" and found this little nugget.

But when the researchers looked at which pregnancies survived past 6 weeks, they found that large percentage of conceptions from sex on the day of ovulation led to early miscarriages.
Maybe, even *if* the egg survives 12-24 hours its not really a 'good egg' if its not fertilized almost immediately? Interesting.

#25 ·
wow! I can't believe its November already! Just wanted to post on the new thread. I'm 7 dpo and I'm exhausted, I'm so emotional like I just want to cry. I'm having a party in like 1 min and idk if anyone is coming. I feel like I should be pmsing or something but I'm not, ovb. If my temp stays up it'll look triphaseic. Ugh. Someone plz tell me that tmw am at 8dpo is too early to test. I know it is but omg, I feel like sh*t. Sorry if I'm not supposed to say that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.