Question about Mittelschmerz / Ovulation Pain - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 11-10-2013, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I was wondering how soon after you feel the mittelschmerz you ovulate. I mean, I understand that is ovulation, but would you then count from that day to figure DPO, or would you count from a day after that (because the egg has to make its little journey)? I had very strong pinches in my right ovary on the second. I have had positive ovulation tests from the 1st of November - today and am no longer testing them (and I don't temp). I am just trying to figure out my DPO and how soon I can test ;)

Thanks!

Girl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
absolutely in love with boy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our DD
(9yrs), DS1
(5yrs) and DS2
(2yrs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
I always counted the day of mittelschmerz as the day of ovulation so the next day would be 1DPO. Conception would normally happen within 24 hours of when the egg is released. The journey down the tube can take a while. Since you got a positive OPK the day before, it makes sense that you could have ovulated the next day because tests are usually positive 24-36 before O. Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman
since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our
#3 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Thank you so much! You're right that it makes sense with the positive ovulation test. 

And thanks for your work on MDC! It looks like you do a lot around here. I really appreciate that thanks.gif

Girl
absolutely in love with boy
and our DD
(9yrs), DS1
(5yrs) and DS2
(2yrs)

#4 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
You're very welcome!

p.s. anddoeseatoats, andlittlelambseativy

Married to a wonderful woman
since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page