FRER BFN but inside there is a line - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-15-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello - I guess you could say I was obsessing over my BFN and I decided to open the test to see if there was a faint line.

Inside on the spongey part, was a pink line. I've opened tests before and never saw a pink line before. Could it be a false negative?

Today is CD 28 for me. AF usually comes CD28-30. Unfortunately, I dont have another test on hand to retest.

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#2 of 10 Old 11-15-2013, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think I have had the pink dye spread to the foam part before.... It is good that AF has not arrived though.  Can you get more tests????

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 10 Old 11-15-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Yes - I can get some on Sunday. Thanks. At least I know its normal for the dye to spread now. I dont want to get too hopeful.

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

#4 of 10 Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Just an update. I've been testing like crazy. Mostly blue tests since now AF is 5 days late. All BFN's

Im feeling very tired, but that could be because my 2 year old hasnt been sleeping (teething).

Wierd thing is I'm feeling sick after almost every meal. The only thing I can eat without getting nauseous is eggs. Im thinking maybe low blood sugar due to fatigue?

AF symptoms are no where in sight. And Im confused and hoping Im not sick. I will visit doctor if this is prolonged, but does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I ovulated on the 4th. BD on the 4th. Also wanted to add that I was extremely emotional on the 14th and still am. Its typically not like me,

#5 of 10 Old 11-21-2013, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been TTC for over a year now.
Just wanted to let you know I had a similar incident last week but I'm praying your outcome isn't the same. I was late by 7 days kept getting negative tests I'm very regular as well so I got pretty hopeful. Took one in the morning one day and it came up negative. I checked again when I got home from work and the photo I posted is what I came home to. So I got very excited I've never in my year
+ of ttc had any test give me the slightest positive. I got excited, talked with my doctor and went in for blood work a couple days later, and it came up negative. She said it could've been a chemical pregnancy or a false positive. I hope you have great news! But I think seeing a photo like that might help a little bit for people who have had possible false test , etc! smile.gif
#6 of 10 Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the pic and post. So sorry about what happened. Wondering, did you finally get AF?

I still didn't. I'm getting worried now, but not wanting to waste any more money on preg tests.

#7 of 10 Old 11-24-2013, 06:30 AM

I did end up getting AF a couple days later, I had light brown/pink spotting . I had really bad cramping more than normal so something was not normal for my body that month. Have you talked with your doctor at all?
#8 of 10 Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't talked to my doctor, but still no AF. Took another FRER this morning. BFN.

I was thinking about anything I've done differently this month. And I realized I have been taking a new B6 supplement. I've never taken B supplement before. Would that delay my period?

I'm usually regular 28-30 days. Never, ever been this late. I think its going on 9 days now.

#9 of 10 Old 11-25-2013, 07:02 AM

I was never late either and it just happened with me as well. So it can happen. I just had
To try and turn my mind off. Which is hard to do when you're late.

I've just started taking maca and cod liver, which both are supposed to aid in TTC. But I have read with those there's a chance it can mess with my ovulation cycle. So I'm not sure with what you're taking if it affects that but you should definitely just go in and get blood work done to see if anything comes up. You will need that to ease your mind and maybe just so you know that it can happen.

Take a deep breath and eventually you'll have answers soon with your next cycle.
#10 of 10 Old 11-26-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page