Period is a Week Late, Still Got a BFN. Support? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just looking for some support after a BFN. My period is a week late, still, so I decided to test. It came back negative, but to be fair the test was expired (from the last time we had a kiddo!). I was really hoping to see the positive, if only to justify the crazy amount of symptoms I seem to be having. Now I just feel like a faker. And I HATE waiting! 

Who else got a BFN but thinks it will read otherwise in a week or so? Who got a BFN and is experiencing "symptoms", real or imagined?

#2 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
*raises hand* 8 days late, negative tests and only have 2 symptoms of pg.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 6 ASD and severe adhd
#3 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Expired tests are completely not valid.  You need to retest with a non-expired test.  I tested neg. with an expired test and then retested with a new test and got a positive.  I also did a lot of research on expired tests and found out that the chemical in them that reacts to hcg weakens over time and there is an expiration date on there for a reason!

aqueene likes this.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#4 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your input, ladies! I did end up buying a new test, which I will put to good use in the morning. :)

As far as my symtpoms go, I am noticing more CM that usual at this point in my cycle. So much that I keep thinking that my period has come, only to find that it indeed has not. Also my boobs grew a cup size bigger (complete with soreness) in a week. They grew so much bigger than my partner commented on how big my "period boobs" were this month. I just smiled and nodded. I don't want to make him wonder about it until I know for sure.

What two symptoms were you feeling, Chrissy?

#5 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

I am going to reply again, because I still have so much going on in my mind that I cannot tell anyone else!

I know I am being a baby, but waiting until tomorrow morning to test again is KILLING me. Way too impatient, I am. I am brainstorming ways I can tell my partner about it, if I get the positive. Probably will just tell him, plain style. But how cool would it be if I could tell him in a way that is more memorable and fun to re-live?

Ugh, time to get back to work. It is SO tough with all of this floating around in my brain. They should have special sick days for times like these!!

#6 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Good luck I am officially a week late tomorrow and still haven't seen a bfp. I think I might use my last cheap test tomorrow but I'm kind of nervous to see another negative. greensad.gif

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#7 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Aqueene - fingers crossed for tomorrow! My symptoms are hungry and I get pooped out quick. My luck it's just hormones playing tricks on me.

Alivewithyou - good luck to you too!!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#8 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

yes, let us know!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
#9 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Tested this morning and still a bfn. Pretty discouraged right now but just going to relax and keep trying and hopefully I ovulate this month.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#10 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 05:12 PM

Hugs Alivewithyou!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#11 of 13 Old 12-12-2013, 01:36 AM

I'm going through the same thing, and I was wondering what the update is.. 

#12 of 13 Old 12-12-2013, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Good luck ladies! Sending baby dust your way! I figured out on my own that when I thought I was late I actually wasn't and could have sworn I was getting pg symptoms. Turns out I just had a bug and was off on my average cycle day. If you google "ovulation calendar" click on the link for the one on WebMD. I did this and it has you plug in the first day of your last 3 af. I did this the second time around and was due AF yesterday. The WebMD site not only tells you your predicted fertile days but also tells you the average length of your cycle and when AF is due along with the next couple of months. As for my AF, it never came yesterday so I took a dollar tree test. Yes, they have them there. They are kept behind the counter and you have to ask for them. Well this morning I took my test and got a very faint BFP!! It was faint but it was there! Again, good luck, I'm praying for all of you and sending baby dust your way!
#13 of 13 Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM

I am in this boat, too.  Today is cycle day 32 and I've been averaging 28 day cycles.  I have been testing at home for the last 8 days or so and they are all negative.  I was just surprised with a positive blood test from some labs I had done yesterday!  I am totally shocked because we just started trying.  The nurse has to call me back later with the value (is that called the beta?) and I have to get another blood draw tomorrow to see if it's increasing enough to be true.  I can hardly believe it.  I have never been pregnant before and wonder if this is why I've been so weepy lately.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page