Salutations! TTC for the 1st Time. Get to know you thread. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hello All!

I wanted to introduce myself a little bit before jumping into your threads. :) I just joined today and my DH and I just started TTC two days ago, but I have been dreaming about this moments for years. In fact, I dedicated this entire year to preparing for TTC.

Here is a picture of some of the progress I have made (and so that you can put a face to a name): 

I changed a lot about my lifestyle. I no longer eat processed foods and now incorporate interesting things into my way of eating, such as raw milk (for the sole purpose of making baby bones, but it also has great benefits for (future) mamas. 

I've been told that I'm mildly crazy and that people have never seen someone prepare so much. :innocent 

I actually started a public facebook album to document the journey: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100294242387990.1073741831.29901698&type=1&l=e14160ac2a

I'm surprised how many people have reached out to me and shared that they appreciate how open I have been. They realize that they are not alone in this journey, that so many people keep secret. 

And I've been dreaming away on my pinterest page: http://www.pinterest.com/seasonallove/

I'm  just SO interested in the topic of pregnancy and birth.  I've considered becoming a doula someday.

I am really looking forward to getting to know you all, but of course- we all hope that our time here on this forum is brief and that we get a chance to meet again in other threads. :twothumbs 

Oh. And I almost forgot. In October, DH and I found out that we only have a 1% chance of conceiving naturally (low sperm count, awful morphology and I'm short on eggs). 48 hours later I found out that my insurance was dropping fertility benefits.

:: sigh ::

But now I'm so excited to be actually trying, I haven't been thinking about those numbers lately. 

But what about you? How long have you been trying? Do you think the board helps you stay a little grounded? 

Do you have any tips or advice to someone wildly excited to finally be TTC?

#2 of 7 Old 12-20-2013, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there! I'm new here, too, and fairly new to TTC. 

My husband and I have been married since June, spent a few months not trying/not preventing and in October started actively trying. I'm doing as best as I can to do the deed at all the right times and wait patiently to test while not stressing too much about it.

#3 of 7 Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liabeth View Post

I'm doing as best as I can to do the deed at all the right times and wait patiently to test while not stressing too much about it.

This is exactly what I am trying to do, as well. I'm not charting at this point, because I'm afraid it would stress me out a bit and my DH hates the beeping of the thermometer. Why can't they make a thermometer that doesn't beep? I literally think it would be a million dollar idea. It could vibrate. ;) 

I seem to have very consistent cycles- 28 or 29 days, but TOM is usually only 2.5-3 days, which I think is a smidge concerning. My temperature is also low. -_- Last month I had a temp that was in the 96s. I usually have one day of EWCM and some ovulation cramping. So I hope that I'm BDing at the right time. 

#4 of 7 Old 12-20-2013, 09:09 AM

I'm such a newbie, I don't know what half of the acronyms mean yet. LOL.

I'm charting the environmental pieces (first sign of bleeding to last, which days we do and which we don't, symptoms, food consumption, emotions, etc.), but not temping yet. I'm a real worrier, and a bit obsessive, so I think maybe easing into it all is the best course for me. I'm currently waiting to test, experiencing a few symptoms, but really trying not to think too much about it (my presence here is proof that's not working.).

I'm impressed that you've educated yourself so highly, and I wish you luck. :)

#5 of 7 Old 12-20-2013, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Oh- I found a great post for the acronyms and abbreviations- http://www.mothering.com/community/t/522590/abbreviations-acronyms-emoticons

I'd be lost without it. 

I think I'm only 2DPO and with our chances- it would be absolutely insane if we got pregnant on our first time. LOL. But it would be awesome!

#6 of 7 Old 01-02-2014, 04:58 PM

Hi! I'm new to boards and first time TTC. Still trying to learn the acronyms-thanks lunarsongbird for posting the link!

I got married in August, and quit the pill last day of HM after being on it almost a year. We have been trying (as seriously as I know how) since then, but no luck yet.

Me,27;partners.gif DH,34; DSS,10 geek.gif, Due 10/30 #1belly.gif!
#7 of 7 Old 01-05-2014, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post

Oh- I found a great post for the acronyms and abbreviations- http://www.mothering.com/community/t/522590/abbreviations-acronyms-emoticons

I'd be lost without it. 

Seriously, thank you! I've been looking for this! I've been on mothering for over a year now but joined when I was pregnant with my first so I skipped all the lingo, this is so useful now that I'm ttc #2

Welcome and best of luck ttc to us all!

Crystal Marie
Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail – as you surely will – adjust your lives, not the standards.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page