Mothering Forum banner

~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ January 2014

15K views 494 replies 38 participants last post by  innacircle 
#1 ·
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
January 2014

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gif
Waiting to O
whistling.gif

Becka32

Alivewithyou

swilliams771

linnylou422

MakeitSew

badwolf092087

MamaBrighid

Charmedseed

apeydef

cagirlintexas

OregonMoon

NaturallyMo

Suiann

rosie2727

livesay

Kaliakra BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif
Waiting to Know (2WW)
headscratch.gif

scjp1109

nikwhit76

Kay75

mygreenestgrass

baydraftmare

lunarsongbird

jenjy

Galatea

edubluv

smilezalot

crunchymonkey

saharaviolet

Mzrasciner

WifeofAnt

alittlemischief

tifga

countryfried

confused.gif
WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
confused.gif

Verias Vitae

katealicia

jojobean

jchole

idea.gif
Waiting to be Ready
idea.gif

tinytina
jesepumpkin
crunchymonkey
dancingmama0721
mareseatoats
clarwyn

joy.gif
~ 2013 GRADUATES~
joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!

:heartbeat
January BFP's

mygreenestgrass

CrystalMarie

magrat

Diamhim

December BFP's

innacircle

Motivated Mama
2twins.gif

delightedbutterfly

kateaton

biggrinbounce.gif
Waiting to Hear From You
biggrinbounce.gif

See less See more
Reactions: hendrix01
#253 ·
Innacircle- thanks for posting the test dates, gives me a good idea on where everyone is in their cycles- I like to keep track. Please can you update that I tested BFN this month, and AF arrived today. I was expecting her so I'm not too upset.

In fact I'm rather ok about it all- my basal thermometer arrived today too, so I'm starting my charting journey tomorrow (CD2) I may be back with questions shortly, so if anyone wants to throw in some free advice ...
wink1.gif

#254 ·
So, fantastic news. I'm ovulating. Full on EWCM and double solid lines on all ovulation sticks peed on. Of course DH wants to try.. But we received bad news this AM... My oldest brother passed away yesterday after battling stage 4 brain cancer. This new year hasn't been full of a lot of win so far, and that was a huge blow. I remember him and my other brother use to always protect me from 'older boys' growing up. It's heartbreaking knowing his kids won't have their father growing up. His wife went through years of fertility treatments and gave up, then ended up pregnant three times. Triplets, twins, twins. I feel guilty for wanting to DTD later, but don't want to lose a window.

Sorry for ranting. House full of emotionless men for me, and the siblings are currently spaced across the country. :/

#255 ·
Hey everyone :)

I am 7DPO and in the 2WW....and I am losing my mind, slowly haha. This is only our second cycle of ttc #1. I am hoping I am having early symptoms but I also know I am extra aware of every twinge and symptom. I have been having headaches, exhaustion and nausea since 4DPO but I know I am extra sensitive, like I said! Good luck to you all :)

Susan
:joy

#256 ·
Badwolf-I'm sorry to hear about your brother that is terrible.
greensad.gif
I don't think he would want you to put your life on hold though but I understand feeling guilty.

Susanevelyn- good luck! I am pretty sure ovulated yesterday or today so my crazy paranoia is about to kick in.
smile.gif

#257 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

So, fantastic news. I'm ovulating. Full on EWCM and double solid lines on all ovulation sticks peed on. Of course DH wants to try.. But we received bad news this AM... My oldest brother passed away yesterday after battling stage 4 brain cancer. This new year hasn't been full of a lot of win so far, and that was a huge blow. I remember him and my other brother use to always protect me from 'older boys' growing up. It's heartbreaking knowing his kids won't have their father growing up. His wife went through years of fertility treatments and gave up, then ended up pregnant three times. Triplets, twins, twins. I feel guilty for wanting to DTD later, but don't want to lose a window.

Sorry for ranting. House full of emotionless men for me, and the siblings are currently spaced across the country. :/
So sorry for all the pain this year has brought so far for you, in such a short time.
greensad.gif
I really hope for you that a baby comes and brings light.

#258 ·
badwolf- SO sorry to hear about your loss. I to hope a baby can bring some happiness for you soon!

Motivated Mama- Thanks!! This is the first month for DH and I that we are really hoping for a BFN

Of course I have become a pee on a stick-a-holic....I got a BFN this morning (of course) I know it's too early.

I am trying to make myself wait til 1/19 and then if thats a BFN 1/21....I know if can take awhile for some women to show BFN and just hope AF stays away this month!!

#259 ·
It's been hard to stay updated lately. Life... it gets kind of obnoxious. Anyways, I'm officially going to say move me to waiting to be ready. After a couple more discussions DH and I decided that we are going to wait until my cycle at the end of April. If we got pregnant that first cycle, we'd have a 2015 baby which would put us past the holidays and the worst of his schedule. I'm actually okay with it. It's giving me some time to get in the habit of temping so that I can have a better idea of my cycles when we do try. Also it'll give me some time to meet with some of the midwives in the area here. I found out I was pregnant with DS 1 week after we had moved and didn't know any doctors and hardly anyone in the area. There was a hospital based midwife/obgyn practice a few towns over that was recommended to me and I called for an appointment. I'd like to be a little more prepared this time around since I'll be going for a VBAC and I feel it's very important to have the right provider. Oh... and I POAS yesterday. BFN. The night before I was shredding some chicken for a pot pie and the smell was making me nauseous which was really weird since I'm a carnivore and have never had a problem with the smell of meat. It was enough for DH to freak out and demand a test. So now I'm just waiting for AF and April!

#260 ·
How long do you guys wait to urinate after bd? I've always done it right away to avoid utis but since we started trying to conceive I try to wait for at least 10 minutes. Last night (hopefully the day I ovulated) I fell asleep. Just curious if there is a good way to go about it or not.

I was supposed to get X-rays on my lower back and neck today and decided to hold off until I know if this is our month. I won't lie I am trying very hard not to get overexcited right now.
smile.gif

#261 ·
Hello!

I am at 10 DPO, got 3 BFNs so far at 8, 9, 10 DPO, and I promised myself I wouldn't obsess, but now here I am. I did learn through obsessive research that the most common implantation day is 9 DPO and that the most common first BFP is 13.6 DPO, so I'm trying not to feel bad about those 3 BFNs. (Even though I have got BFPs at 9 DPO before.)

I am obsessing because I have not spotted like normal (usually I spot brown starting around 8 DPO and continue through to AF.) This morning, at 10 DPO, I had one tiny bit of pink/red tissue in the toilet, so now I'm obsessing that it was from implantation yesterday. That and I have had constant dreams of a BFP for three nights running, and my dreams are often right.

I suppose I should be marked as testing on 1/20, but who am I kidding; I got 3 more HPTs in the cabinet that I will totally use up before Monday.

#262 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

How long do you guys wait to urinate after bd? I've always done it right away to avoid utis but since we started trying to conceive I try to wait for at least 10 minutes. Last night (hopefully the day I ovulated) I fell asleep. Just curious if there is a good way to go about it or not.

I was supposed to get X-rays on my lower back and neck today and decided to hold off until I know if this is our month. I won't lie I am trying very hard not to get overexcited right now.
smile.gif
If peeing made the sperm fall out and prevented pregnancy, think how happy all the women who don't want to be pregnant would be! Hahahahaha! Anyway, you don't have to wait. I usually go right away. Semen jellies up right after it comes out of the penis to keep it stuck inside the vagina.

#263 ·
Badwolf- I'm sorry to hear about your brother, IMO do what feels right to you.

innacircle- my doctor said I need to take a week off from work, so I'm assuming if I can work I can DTD? I'll have a list of questions to ask him at my pre-op appt so I will def include that one! He said that the majority of women that he has done the lap on get pregnant in about 4-6 weeks, but that some don't.

Can you move me to waiting to be ready? I never thought I'd be in that column, but its obvious that I need this surgery to get pregnant.

#264 ·
Hi ladies! I've been hanging over in Infertility but it looks like I'll bounce between the threads. Just to give you a heads up of what's been going:

Went back to the doctor on 1/10 to meet with a different doc. Turns out he doesn't think I have PCOS at all. He says all of my blood work is within normal range and of no concern. He started me on progestrone pills on the 1/10 and today is my last day of them. Hopefully AF will make an appearence and then I start Clomid on cyle day 2 or 3 (can't remember. After that, the waiting begins and I report back to the labs on cycle day 21-22 for testing and then back to see him 3 weeks after that to determine if 1) I'm pregnant or 2) if we need to repeat and increase a cycle of clomid

#267 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Hi ladies! I've been hanging over in Infertility but it looks like I'll bounce between the threads. Just to give you a heads up of what's been going:

Went back to the doctor on 1/10 to meet with a different doc. Turns out he doesn't think I have PCOS at all. He says all of my blood work is within normal range and of no concern. He started me on progestrone pills on the 1/10 and today is my last day of them. Hopefully AF will make an appearence and then I start Clomid on cyle day 2 or 3 (can't remember. After that, the waiting begins and I report back to the labs on cycle day 21-22 for testing and then back to see him 3 weeks after that to determine if 1) I'm pregnant or 2) if we need to repeat and increase a cycle of clomid
Well that sounds promising!!! Baby blessings to you!
AFM please move me to WTO

#269 ·
TWW. 14DO and no AF... Still hopeful. Probably got O wrong.

:)

#271 ·
My husband specifically told me not to test until jan 29th so I won't even buy tests until the weekend before lol. It is really hard to wait though.

On a happy note, I've lost 5 lbs in two weeks. Maybe I can get close to my goal weight (only 10 more lbs) and then just focus on staying healthy while pregnant.

#274 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

My husband specifically told me not to test until jan 29th so I won't even buy tests until the weekend before lol. It is really hard to wait though.

On a happy note, I've lost 5 lbs in two weeks. Maybe I can get close to my goal weight (only 10 more lbs) and then just focus on staying healthy while pregnant.
Ok I typed out this whole long thing about weight loss and great job, and it posted twice and then I tried to erase one and it erased both lol so I'll redo it later lol

#275 ·
I haven't tested again since what I think was 10dpo. Small miracle there. Now I'm scared to so am not planning on it. AF due tomorrow or Sun. Today is CD28. I have zero symptoms. I have been more tired than normal. I usually stay up til 11ish, but 3 times this week was asleep by 9. But I've had insomnia and am super stressed at work, so that's probably why. I've been having weird "ovary pains" too. Both sides. But I'm sure I'm just over analyzing every twinge. I just wish I was pregnant already!!! Ugh!

NaturallyMo: good to hear from you!! Keep us posted. I'm really curious to hear what this new dr has to say and what your tests show! Good luck!

#276 ·
I suppose I should update you all.

I'm testing tonight! <- What!

AF is 7 days late. We were taking December/January Cycle off trying to relax, not charting, not tracking, just relaxing before trying. We happened to BD on January 1st, which happened to be 1DPO not on purpose and now AF is MIA. ('m really regular) DH is convinced we're pregnant. I'm waiting to see that BFP! (hopefully)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.