4 days of positive opk - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-05-2014, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using the answer opk for the last 3 mos and have never had more than one day of a positive lh Surge and then the next day it ends up going back to one line. I usually ovulate between day 13-16 depending on my cycle. This cycle I started testing day 12 and it was negative then day 13 I got what I thought was a pos opk at 2pm. I've tested everyday since then and the double lines never go away and even day 14 -17 which is what day it is now I have had pos opk. The test line is darker than control line. And every test in between these at different times there has still been two lines. Just not as dark. Getting frustrated. Don't know if tests are messed up or what. But for someone TTC it's a struggle. Please help! Is it normal to have an LH surge for 4 days? IMG_9140.jpeg
#2 of 12 Old 01-05-2014, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

#3 of 12 Old 01-06-2014, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
When I had over a week of positive OPKs it was because I was pregnant smile.gif
granolamommie likes this.

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#4 of 12 Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply! I hope that is the case. My cycle is normal but this month I was 4 days late and so I took a pg test and it was neg. started testing with the opk on day 12 and it's now day 18 and I still am having at least one positive test a day (where the test line is darker than control) the other tests I take still have two lines. Called dr and she recommended checking temps next month along with opk. She said sometimes you can get a bad batch. My next cycle isn't due for 12 more days. I called the makers of the test and they acted like it's normal to have a surge for a few days but I know 5 isn't. But recommended going off first test. So idk it's frustrating for sure.
#5 of 12 Old 01-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

For me, I knew I ovulated the day of the second positive test because I can feel the ovulation pinches. I just kept testing because I kept getting positives. I ran out of OPKs on day 8, I believe, and they were still absolutely positive. When I mentioned this to my midwives they said that was common with falling pregnant that cycle. Fingers crossed for you! 

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#6 of 12 Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

I had another positive one today. I keep testing thinking they are gonna change but no. I don't understand the ones that aren't positive but still have 2 lines?! Next cycle is due in 11 days so we will see. Thanks again
#7 of 12 Old 01-19-2014, 07:39 PM

What happened with your tests? going through something similar!

#8 of 12 Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

I actually started hurting on my right side some so I went to dr and I'm not pregnant. I ended up having a very small ovarian cyst. Apparently that can make you have false positives. I don't have pcos which I know can make that happen. My cycles are spot on. Dr explained sometimes you develop small cysts during ovulation if the egg isn't released. My body was prolly trying the surge but never did. Hoping a pregnancy happens soon. And in your case you get a positive pregnancy test.
#9 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 03:26 PM

I had mu IUD removed NOV 27th, my first cycle was 35 days. This is my second cycle, Im CD 18. My temps show I ovulated the 17th but my +OPKs were 17th, 18th and 19th. I didn't check today. So, that doesn't make any sense, my concern is that I developed a cyst a few years ago while on the IUD...I have no idea if it's still there or not. Did the doctor say if the cyst would stall pregnancy? I have 2 children that were both conceived while on different birth controls (depo and the pill) so I never imagined it would be so difficult to figure this all out.

#10 of 12 Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

The type I have they said wouldn't stall it. It's a functional cyst. I don't think I did ovulate tho. I think my body surged but never did ovulate. The cyst I have forms when an egg isn't released during ovulation. There's so many different kinds tho. The kind I have usually goes away after a few menstrual cycles. I go have an ultrasound February 7th. Hope it goes away! What type thermometer do you use and opk? I had a baby at 23. Remarried and now 34 my age worries me plus my new hubby has no kids. I haven't done the temp charting yet! Don't know much about it
#11 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 03:57 PM

I have no idea what kind of cyst mine was, I'm assuming it was functional because they tried to shrink it with a birth control pill.

I started taking my temp this cycle. I have a regular thermometer. I don't know if my temps are accurate because I sleep with a fan on and the window cracked. I used OPKs this cycle too but they don't match my temp spike. Honestly, I don't know what I am doing!! 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4aeb6a

I don't know if you can see that, maybe you have some insight. I had sex every night but didn't bother charting it, My cycle isn't usually 35 days but because it was so long after removal, FF thinks that's normal for me.

I'm about to turn 30 this month and have two children (6 and 8) from a previous marriage. My new husband and I want a baby badly but after this IUD im getting discouraged.

#12 of 12 Old 01-21-2014, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't don't the temp thing so do they go up like a point when you ovulate?? From what it looks like to me you should have ovulated Sunday the 19th and your opk picked up the lh surge on Friday the 17th. You get a positive opk when u first have a surge and can ovulate anywhere between 12-36 hours from then. Your first increase of temp highest was on the 19th. But the fact that you have had still positive opk on the 18th and 19th and a still increased temp the 20th and 21st you could have ovulated those days. I would think as long as you have been active every other day that you would have your basis covered. They say most people ovulate mid cycle which if yours is 35 days then yours maybe around day 17. My doctor recommended me being active every other night day 10-20. And also recommended temping in the morning but with a basal body thermometer and using the opk in the evening when the hormone is higher. I've been very discouraged and we have only been trying since October but I feel like my clock is going tick tick tick! Everyone says 40 year olds are having babies all the time now. I listen but it's harder to deal when you want a baby so bad. So makes me wonder if I relax and try to quit stressing maybe it will come. I pray about it daily! Easier said than done I know tho. It's very frustrating!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page