First period/spotting while breastfeeding....or implantation? Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wanted to hear what "been there done that" women think. :) I am exclusively breastfeeding and my son is 7 months. I have had sore breasts, been tired and hormonal, and "knew" that I was going to get my period or I am pregnant (one of the two). Pregnancy tests have been negative. Then finally today, I had some brown-tinged mucus, once, and nothing else all day. Pregnancy tests are still negative, but I think that is not uncommon if I am just now having implantation bleeding. However, it seems these sore breasts have been around for a week. What is your guess? (humor me!) I won't take it as medical advice, I promise! :)

I have read online that the first period you get after baby is typically heavy. I also read that if you are breastfeeding, you can just get some spotting and that is normal too? What has your experience been?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Well I my experience I had my first period when ds was 9 months (EBF) that's about when he started eating solids. I thought the same thing leading up to it. My hormones were so crazy. I was like either I'm prego or I'm gonna start! Well it ended up being that I started and it was super heavy and still is 7 months later. I am still breast feeding and quite often at 15 months pp. so I don't know how long it will take to get normal lol. I don't remember with my first but I only breasted my first for 7 months. I do remember my first pp period being heavy with my first too though! I had one at three months pp with my first bc at two months I went back to work and due to not getting a lot from pumping and lack of knowledge on building supply I supplemented some with formula while at work. I think I didn't have another period for a few months after that though and did spot and stuff in between. I think spotting is normal too! Everyone is different though! I gave heard of EBF moms who start at a few months pp and some who go over a year. I also sometimes get sore breasts around period time so it's so hard to tell. Sorry for rambling😋

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

With my first child that I was exclusively breastfeeding, my period started when she was about seven months.  It started really slow spotting for a few days.  I was so nervous that I was pregnant because I also felt extremely nauseous with the spotting.  But it must have been the hormones that made me nauseous because it definitely turned out to be my period. And for some weird reason I can't remember with my second.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

My first pp period after number six was just like that, very light bleeding, looked like older blood. Next one was light but normal color. Third one was a lot heavier.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List