The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 429 Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So excited for you, Chourd! 14 eggs... so exciting. Thank you for sharing your journey here, I've really enjoyed being able to read about what you are going through and your feelings about it. 

More personals later :) Still having a hard time. We are making an offer on a different house and I am trying not to think about it. I just feel like I can't take anything else onto my plate right now. Trying to read about turning a breech baby. It's early to worry, but my others were head down at this point and I've been so much less active this pregnancy, so I'm a bit worried. Feeling lots of movement, though, and very thankful for that. Also enjoying this song and trying to let the peace in it just kind of take up residence in my body https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPCyiGUPBWk

Personals later, I've feeling very thankful for all the support and sisterhood here. Such a nice little group of really outstanding women here. 

Oxford, especially thinking of you and the troubles with your SD. Such a terrible position. I can really relate to it, and it is... difficult in a way nothing else I've experienced is. It sounds like you handle it gracefully.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 429 Old 03-05-2014, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 312 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Mares - well done you for looking at the happy, remember when it gets intense just do one day at a time xxx

Just found out all 14 fertilized, apparently that's quite rare... I'm sure we'll lose a few along the way - but a great start!

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#363 of 429 Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you everyone. I am going to just focus on one day at a time and try not to overwhelm myself. I am trying to remind myself that my spirits will lift soon. I remember feeling very low in the first trimester of my pregnancies with my other 2 babies. It is just a rough time.

Mares I am sorry the other house didn't work and hope that something positive will break soon.

Chuord good job!! You did great. That's awesome news about all 14 eggs fertilizing! Can't wait to hear what happens. Take care of yourself xx
#364 of 429 Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Chuord- well done on all those eggs fertilising, you will have lots to freeze. Keep us updated on their progress. Are you having the transfer on Monday?

Darling wengrin- sending you big hugs. It sounds like you are sat in a big pile of gooey stuff and wading through it is hard work :-( be gentle with yourself. You are feeding a little one that is doubling in size! I think you're doing a great job :-)

Mares- I can understand why you have no energy for houses. It is stressful when you are not pregnant! Let DH sort it out, it is his contribution to the family while you care for 2 big kiddies and one little one! Look after yourself.

Over here it's waiting, waiting time. I'm so impatient this month. Today I have been hungry and craving pickled onions!! I ate 5 at lunch time but could do with another one now.... ;-)

Mamablue- hope you are continuing to glow?

Lindscott- are you waiting with me girl?
#365 of 429 Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Oxford -- I love soury things all the time, and especially when I'm pregnant. Hoping this is a good sign for you!!

Chuord -- That's quite a batch of eggies you produced! This is going to be a very exciting TWW. I'm glad that the procedure went well and you're recovering well. Here's to excellent fertilization and division!

Mares -- Yes, I feel you. Many hugs. This sounds so hard, and I know that it must feel like it's been forever. I am hoping for you that you will find a house very soon and your situation will just continue to improve from there.

Wengrin -- I hear you on feeling bluesy. It's good that you have your sights set forward. How's the nausea for you this time around? I'm thinking lots of good thoughts for you with your upcoming u/s.

I am sorry if I missed anyone. I'm reading, I'm just a really bad writer right now.

Thanks everyone for your supportive responses the other day. It really does help to hear that some others have gone through a lot of the same issues with stepkid stuff. My parents are still married to each other, and I just don't have any experience with all this beyond my family now. It's hard to tell sometimes what's normal bumps in the road and what's a big problem. I'm doing okay right now, just really bogged down in school stuff. I'm taking probably a year off after this semester, and DH will be out of school this summer, so I'm really hoping for some relief in our stress levels in a couple of months. I'm going to keep on with my OB provider for now and try to find my way with solutions for feeling my baby groove. It would be really expensive for us to switch, and I probably couldn't even see a midwife at this point because of availability (you have to nail them down quickly around here). I'm hoping that I'll get a better vibe after my next appointment in a couple of weeks. My head is so scattered right now; I can't even remember when my u/s appt is... I suppose I should figure that out.

I feel like I'm only complaining here right now. I seriously will be able to be more positive when I'm not so over-scheduled. My emotions are in rebellion. To top it off, my son's having trouble in school which is requiring a lot of hands-on help from me every night with homework, and my toddler just learned to climb out of her crib. Even though part of me thinks they're horrible, I don't care -- I'm buying a crib tent!

How's it going for the rest of you?

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#366 of 429 Old 03-06-2014, 01:34 PM

Wengrin - I'm with Oxford - just be gentle! The same goes for Promal and mares, be gentle, love yourselves in whichever way that needs to be, and remember to just take it one day at a time... It's the only way I managed my injections. When I was 4 it took 2 nurses and 3 doctors to hold me down for a tetanus injection - lol I'm only marginally braver now smile.gif
We all prove everyday how incredible we are, each of us has they're own load they carry... Own that knowledge that you are amazing and incredible, and cut yourselves some slack smile.gif sorry that went a little preachy / but I love everyone on this thread - we have an amazing bunch of ladies!
Primal - I'm hoping they divide properly too! I'm expecting a little loss through that part...
Oxford transfer will be Monday (day 5)
Pickled onions is so cute (I love them normally) fx!
Lindscott - how are you traveling?
Hugs all xxx

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#367 of 429 Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all! I'm here, trying to keep my calm.
Chuord- so excited for you! Fx for great results with dividing! Loved your words about being gentle and loving yourself, I needed to read that!

Oxford-right there with you! Hoping to get answers as to if/when I O'd tomorrow!

Dh and I had a rough spot this week due to the stress of it all and I totally over reacted to the "I'm tired" response when I had a major temp drop and tried to BD. Had a nice cathartic cry and have done better since. Sending my chart to the nurse in the AM and they'll let me know what they think. Temp dropped quite a bit Tuesday, a bit more Wednesday but shot up today so I'm hopeful! I had ewcm the past two days and this morning but my monitor never peaked. RE said he'd like me to use it but also said it likely won't peak in a Clomid cycle so I'm not sure of the purpose of using it... oh well what's one more expense in the long run when the pay off is so great? Tomorrow is my last day of work before the miracle that is spring break! It's at the perfect time for a tww because I'll be too preoccupied to think about it much.

I'm throwing in my chart to get your opinions, Whatcha think?

#368 of 429 Old 03-08-2014, 02:19 AM

Lindscott - it looks like you may have O'd if the temp stays up the next few days it's more likely - keep bd just in case. Ignore the temps before as clomid makes them rise.

Ladies I'm in a grumpy miserable place... Still no number 2 action (sorry tmi), and I'm on 8 x 2mg estrogen and 8 x 2mg progesterone tablets daily, plus 4 crinone or progesterone pessaries... I want to cry all the time! Oh and I think I've developed a haemerroid!
The embryo's are doing ok still 9 are a good level and correct cell division. 2 are still there but going slow -,no idea re the others... Lol I'm too busy surviving to think about Mondays transfer...

36***40
#369 of 429 Old 03-08-2014, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Prunes, white grape juice, Miralax. All things I've had to use on ds to get him to go. Miralax works wonderfully it just takes a day or 2. Good luck getting things moving, chuord.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#370 of 429 Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Oh, hugs, Chourd! That's so miserable. I had never dealt with it until early this year and it was awful. I ended up buying a natural medicine to get things moving. It worked it just a few hours, and a bath helped as well. Great  news on those 9 (11) little embryos! 

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#371 of 429 Old 03-08-2014, 12:51 PM

Thanks ladies I really needed to complain... I'm off to try and resolve... I'm about to try one of those bowel prep cleanses... I've been on 3 ltd of fluid a day since surgery - up to 3.5 yesterday, the last two days have been mainly fluids - including fruit and vegie juices... (No space for solids) already tried pear juice, movicol, micro lax, and even fleet (a home enema thing)... Hopefully this morning will fix it. I already take fibre powder as well... Have been getting really hungry on just the fluids...

36***40
#372 of 429 Old 03-08-2014, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Chuord -- I don't remember how your time difference works, so I just wanted to make sure I wished you luck on your transfer! Also, I have so much sympathy for your constipation. I've had such a go of it this time around; it's the progesterone. I am taking Colace, three capsules a day, to keep it things moving. 

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#373 of 429 Old 03-09-2014, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Primal - I look at it as chuord's a day ahead of me.

Chuord - Good luck on transfer! (I dunno when it is ).

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#374 of 429 Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 AM

Hugs Chuord and Best of luck on the transfer!!

Natural Calm also works for moving things along. Just up your dosage. I totally sympathize there....being constipated is the worst! And yes I agree with Primal, he progesterone relaxes your muscles so everything gets backed up. I actually went to the ER at the hospital once because my lower back was killing me and I was vomiting and so sick. I thought I might have an infection. Anyway after tests and talking to the doctor, I was just severely constipated. It was awful though, and the nurse told me that people come in all the time thinking they are dying!! (But just constipated). So it definitely stinks. Hope you got some relief.

Let us know how the transfer goes! Take care!
#375 of 429 Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Chourd - Thinking of you and your embies today!!

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#376 of 429 Old 03-09-2014, 12:18 PM

Me, too, Chourd! And hoping you are feeling more comfortable. 

#377 of 429 Old 03-09-2014, 01:08 PM

Happy transfer day chuord! Fingers crossed for great results today. I hope Everything got moving again.

Let us know how you get on with the transfer.

Hi to everyone else!
#378 of 429 Old 03-09-2014, 02:54 PM

Oxford! Been thinking of you. How are you feeling/how is your chart looking?

Wendy, thinking of you too. How are you feeling about your scan tomorrow? I hope you are able to feel a little excited! Sending healthy little baby thoughts your way.

Primal, I hope things have eased for you a bit. You said your ultrasound was soon, too, didn't you?

AFM - Excited about all the goings ons in this group! I finally caved and got some Sudafed and it seems to have helped immensely. I am hoping the half dose I took was enough to knock whatever has been bugging my sinuses out permanently. I've been feeling a little worry over the nuchal fold reading - I think I mentioned that the doctor said it was on the large side of normal, which can be a sign of down syndrome. None of the other markers were there, and the baby has a healthy little heart (and everything else!) so that is wonderful... but I can't help but feel a little nervous. I'm going to talk to my midwives about it this week when I have my appointment. Baby is moving around a bit more and I finally seem to have "popped". I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going - I'm 20 weeks now. I swear Malcolm's gestation was the same as a baby elephant's.

#379 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 01:28 AM

Morning!

Mares, your bump is so cute! That little one is certainly growing fast. I'm pleased you are discussing your concerns with the midwife about downs. Is there a test they can do to put your mind at rest? How are things with you and DH? I hope they are flowing again.

I'm 9dpo and just trundling through the TWW. Nothing much to report.

Wengrin- looking forward to your test tomorrow :-)

Primal- has the steps issues settled?
#380 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 01:03 PM

There are only two tests, a quad screening (the doctor said if we got a positive the chance of it being a false positive would be 99% based on how the test is done and results calculated) and an amino, which has the 1/300 miscarriage risk. Neither sound like very good options... What do you think? I guess it is at a point where we wouldn't "do" anything about the results anyway, so I don't know that it is worth the risk.

#381 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 01:15 PM

Quad screenings have very high false positive rates. I don't do them. What about newer tests like the Maternit21 or Harmony? They are extremely accurate (99.5-99.9%), but are rarely offered to moms without a reason (35+, abnormal ultrasound, genetic predisposition) and can be quite costly. I'm 35, so I had it done.

#382 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM

I'll have to ask about that. I am not sure if you have to do it earlier or not, do you know? I wanted it but didn't have risk factors so my insurance would not cover it. Perhaps that would be different now.

#383 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 01:41 PM

It can be done anytime after 10 weeks. I did mine at 11 weeks, my sister in law did hers around 20 weeks.

#384 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 02:06 PM

That's great information, thanks Mamablue! I texted my midwife to ask about it. That would be a much better option.

#385 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Hi all smile.gif thanks for the love... I got a bit distracted.,. Finally moved Sunday night - I drank a litre of bowel prep solution (the stuff to clean you out before a colonoscopy or op) it's meant to work after an hour - it took 11 lol! However it was painless, I had to share the laugh! The transfer got bumped back a day, there was one very early blast and 8 that were 'movating' or getting ready to turn into blasts... The science boffin said that if I only had 2 they'd have gone ahead and transferred those - but since there is a choice they wanted to see which were best. All good and have me a day to try and get normal digestion.
Primal - I agree I reckon it's the progesterone too - the doc reckons not, but everything is normally more sluggish in the progesterone part of the cycle... The provera are 10mg each so that's 80 I take, plus 3 crinone at 90mg each... I hope I get pics of the blasts smile.gif

36***40
#386 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Great advice Mamablue. Those two options you were given Mares, both sounded awful. I hope you can do the maternit21 and put your mind at rest.

Oh I am such a grumpy cow today!! I have been awful to DH, just irritable and snappish!!!
This happened last month on 9dpo, unfortunately I think it is PMS. It's a new one for me as I don't normally get it, but I have full force this month. OR it's an early pregnancy sign ;-)
#387 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Oxford, I woke up super grumpy as well! Clementine made me hot chocolate and toast and brought it to me in bed on a little tray with a cloth napkin. I was so surprised it knocked my bad mood away! Maybe suggest that to your DH wink1.gif Are you planning in testing in a few days, or going to wait it out?

Chourd, glad you've found relief! That really is an awful feeling. And good news about the little ones, too. So exciting! How many are they planning on transferring? How would you feel about twins?

Wengrin, hoping you are doing well.

#388 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 03:08 PM

Chourd - Yay for burgeoning blasts! Tomorrow is the big day! Woohoo!

Oxford - Testing day is so close. I'm excited for you, and thinking lots for happy thoughts in your behalf.

Wengrin - How are you feeling? Tummy treating you ok? Was your ultrasound today?

Mares - Your Clementine is a sweetheart. Her kindness melts me.

AFM - We are back from a short vacation that included a couple days at Disneyland/California Adventure. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. The food offerings were healthier than it has been in years past, so that was nice. Even so, the last day we were all craving greens so badly, that we searched out a raw/vegan restaurant before we drove home and we filled up on some amazing greens. Even my picky toddler chowed down on a mushroom "pizza". Good times.

#389 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mares -- I agree with Mamablue. This test goes by some different names, MaterniT21 (which I think is most common), Harmony. The one I did was called Verifi. I had an amnio after a concerning quad screen with my last baby, and I didn't want to go through that procedure and worry again, so I opted to have the non-invasive test this time. It was great having that peace of mind so much earlier. The only thing I would add is that, if the test is positive for a chromosonal difference, they will recommend an invasive test to confirm. This is because, if there was a disappearing twin early on, or if either the baby or you has some degree of mosaicism (where there are cells in the body that are different than the body overall), the results can be misleading. However, that result is very rare, especially when compared with the terrible accuracy of the quad screen. A genetic counselor can explain all this better than I can. Overall, I think this new test is a wonderful thing. Regardless of how you decide to proceed, I am thinking of you and hoping all is well with you and your little one.

Chuord -- Grow, little embies, grow! 

Oxford -- Keeping fingers crossed for you. A weird thing I heard is that you can actually experience PMS and be pregnant, depending on when you implant and how quickly your progesterone catches up. Our bodies are crazy sometimes!

Mamablue -- I hate eating on the road just for that reason. I'm glad you guys got some fresh stuff and had a nice trip.

AFM, I'm doing alright, working on getting over a terrible chest cold. Bogged down with homework, too, but it's coming along, and I'm counting down the days until I'm done. I have my anatomy scan on Friday and my next OB appointment next week. I decided I'm going to talk to them about switching to the CNM practice, see what's involved. The location of the group is actually the same, and I would deliver at the same hospital, but I'm hoping the experience will jive with me better. I want to talk to someone in the practice first about my medications (I take medications for anxiety and insomnia and can't discontinue during pregnancy, but my doctor wasn't concerned about them) to see if it's something they are comfortable managing. I don't want to feel "broken" again, which can happen in the context of the uber-healthy low risk practices. I appreciate their caution but need to protect my self-esteem, too.

Our spring is starting to arrive. Everyone else starting to thaw out?

#390 of 429 Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, P.S., Mares -- Some of the labs that do these have financial assistance programs for those whose tests aren't covered by their insurance. You can ask them about criteria and applying. Even if that's not an option, a lot of these labs have a cap on how much they are charging consumers right now who opt for the test. For the lab that did mine (and I think this is common), the cap was about $200. The test is normally about $1500. I think they cap it because they want it to become commonplace and eventually replace the quad. 

mareseatoats likes this.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page