The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
And another shot from last nights test. Color processed on my iPhone edit. It is the shadow of where a line should be....I'm thinking. Like you said, Mamablue.

Lots of cramping on and off today though....hmmmm.

#62 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 AM

I need to stop, wait, RELAX and see what happens and by Friday if no period then test that morning. Must practice ZEN. Whatever will be, will be. And it will be exactly what I need right now....I think the bed bugs have my anxiety going crazy. Plus if I do get a confirmed pregnancy I want to know as soon as possible so I can stop Advil, Lexapro, and the muscle relaxer I take at night for my neck/ back spasms. I am going to do a "by the book" first trimester if I get another chance. My OB was so relaxed about the Lexapro and muscle relaxer, he said take it if you need it....category C. Well I'm going to make sure I don't take anything that could possibly cause me to miscarry or hurt the baby. So I guess in my anxious mind I want to know the minute it is positive so I can cleanse my body. If I wouldn't suffer so much I would go ahead and get rid of it now, but they really help me. (Sigh)

SCJP yes some of the stronger BC methods can cause amenorrhea for a long period of time. I had that the year I got pregnant with DS. I was on Loestrin and didn't have a period for 6 months. I didn't like it. So my doctor told me to get off, let my body reset and we would go back to one of the old tried and true like Ortho-Tricyclen. Well....during the reset period I had 2 periods and then got pregnant with my sweet little boy. I imagine Depo might be stronger? See what your doctor thinks. Best of luck to you!!! I hope it is a BFP and you are one of the rare occurrences that never actually get a positive test?
#63 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Wengin - I hate the dollar tests. I've never got good results on those until way after frer showed positive. Best of luck!!

eta: snow totals are up to 12 inches. We'll see when it all ends.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#64 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Morning!
Ok wengrin, forst thing this morning the first test you posted looked more obvious... The next two pics not so much... Last night I tuned into you and there's definitely a babies energy - whether it's landing this month or next (mind you I could feel that with me for that brief time this month) I don't think you're over reacting... I'm with Chrissy - go the frer! My Internet cheapies never gave me other than a squinter... I think I'd be tempted to stop any meds you want to stop until AF shows... Fx so hard for you xxx
Oh yes the headlice, mum taught special ed for a few years and she caught like two lol - the entire household was stripped and dipped in that 'lovely' smelly stuff they used... A friend here had done issues with her daughter at school (waist length hair) she found that the dirtier the hair the less likely so during school week - no hair washing and she would coat it with leave in conditioner - that worked and she had no more issues. (Her daughter had to sit next to one if the infested ones - eew)
Faith - hi smile.gif
Primal - wow phantom kicks when no pg sound 'fun' obviously your body knew there's be another and was anticipating smile.gif I'm glad you're making your manic life that little bit more calm - you do have a busy schedule - I'm so impressed with you ladies! I totally hear you on the scans and needing to know, nowadays some life threatening conditions can even be operated on in the womb...
Oh lovely some friends of ours who are both doctors were working in a hospital while pg... They would pop down and do a scan any time there was a space (probably once a week) both their babies (now 7 &6) are total over achievers - and no noticeable issues if that helps.
Mamablue - how's that relaxed vibe going?
Afm - another hot day, I'll take all 12" of that snow Chrissy! Starting to get the punchy ovary feeling that goes with the letrozole (yay it means it's working) am determined to exercise today...

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#65 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

subbing

#66 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM

Chuord - good to know letrozole is working. Come get some snow but leave some sun behind. Lol

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#67 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Wengrin -- I definitely see something. Whether it's residual HCG or a new bean, only time will tell!

Do be gentle with yourself with making a decision about your meds. I agree 100% about stopping the Advil (and yes, I'm sure you want this non-doctor stranger's opinion on all this ;-), I don't really know about the muscle relaxers, but if Lexapro is something that is supporting you effectively, I would make that decision carefully. It's the first choice for depression/anxiety during pregnancy as far as safety goes, and while it's not guaranteed, the effects of uncontrolled anxiety and depression during pregnancy are. I understand your worry, though! I always wished I could have a by-the-book pregnancy, but it wasn't to be for me. I had to really process feeling broken, etc., but the bottom line is that my medical situation just isn't the same as everyone else's, and my doctor-supervised meds didn't cause my miscarriage. I can't change that, but I can make the best choices I can about treating myself. Best of luck to you while you make your choices.

AFM, I had my NT scan today. All was well. There was some confusion over whether or not I could get the MaterniT21 test (they use a test called Verifi, but it's the same test), since I'll be just shy of 35 when I deliver. After talking with the genetic counselor and financial counselor, they seemed to agree that we may qualify for financial assistance, and if not, it will cost us around $200. Definitely worth it to us. So we had that drawn, and had the scan as well (they do both?). Baby looked good, very active. I swear I can feel him move when I'm watching him do it at the same time. I don't know if it's the baby or not; it took me until quite a bit later to feel DD, and I don't remember with my older kids. The tech said I was measuring a week ahead, which I expected, since I ovulate early in my cycle. That will put me just over 13 weeks, but it will be up to my doctor about "officially" changing my due date. I really think I saw the sex on the ultrasound (looked like a boy to me). DH was skeptical of my skills. Time will tell. We checked yes for x/y testing on the blood test, so that will tell us for sure. I'm really glad that's being done. I just need to know so I don't have to worry. I never wanted this information with my older kids, but life becomes more complicated when you have three other kids and are relied upon as the sole breadwinner.

How are the rest of you? We're getting some weather tonight (not a big deal for northerners, but down south we don't really have plows or salt trucks, so everyone kind of freaks out). I've been dealing my my employees all day wanting to know if they're going to be required to come in tomorrow.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#68 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 02:45 PM

Hugs primal! I forgot you not only work but are the main income... You really are superwoman x

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#69 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the input about getting OH in the mood, normally I try not to worry about it but this month will be 3 yrs of trying and its getting to mein october Ill be eligible for IVF but I really hoped we wouldve conceived by then sorry for my negativity.

Eek all the talk of beds bugs has made me itch I dont do well with creepy crawlies lol. I thought I could see something on the first pic but Im not sure hope you get a strong positive soon.
#70 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Chuord -- You're too sweet. I'm not super, unless you mean super crazy. :-) I hate how busy I am, but it's just one of those life seasons where you have to work hard planting crops so that you have something to harvest later on. DH's only work experience is in restaurant, which pays much less than what I make and has terrible conditions and hours. My job is flexible and meets our needs, so this is how it will be for now. If we were younger, we would be delaying babies until he graduated (he's going to be an engineer), but I don't want to have age-related issues if I can avoid them. My older boys are eleven and twelve, so I'm going to be raising babies for a very long time as it is (and I'm blessed, truly, but I do imagine a day in the distant future where I can plan a real vacation again). I'm in school partly to defer my existing student loans and partly to keep moving toward my BSN, which will help keep me from sliding back career-wise if this job goes away for any reason. I work for a government contractor, so who knows?

So, it's all for good reasons, but I very much look forward to DH being the main earner and me working less, if at all, not being in school, and taking care of my kids and home and myself. Just a few more years and we'll be there.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#71 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 PM

Primal, that really is a huge effort - totally understandable and a great plan for moving forward, but that doesn't cheapen your effort, particularly doing the ttc roundabout on top! I'm not joking, compared to the balls I have in the air you do seem super wink1.gif

I used to work for a government contractor too - I love the work, and I loved studying - but had a way longer break than intended and after 5 years I'm worried about employability... Mind you any time I think about looking for work now I'm well enough I think about my priorities... Two that are fairly equal in priority - get pg and help dh get more patients (marketing) - not my thing, but I can get me a basic project management job or I can help dh get enough to work full time - where he could in my salary in two months... The greater good lol, and I know I'm lucky to be kept etc - but a bit of my persona is tied up in working so it wasn't an easy adjustment...
Ok enough dribble and back to the washing!

#72 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 PM

Oh I think the letrozole gives me a slight headache? Blah!

#73 of 429 Old 01-21-2014, 07:08 PM

Hi All,

Chrissy I hope you stay warm!!

I bet everyone must be getting crazy weather. Being in FL we arent used to covering our plants and scraping ice off windshields.

Primal you really have great advice- you're totally right about the Advil, I stopped that....I can do without until I know. The muscle relaxer too....it won't affect me too much to do without. Just did a warm Epsom salt bath tonight. But the Lexapro is very tricky. I would have to very slowly taper...which I might do. My doctor was always fine with it in the past but this last time I had the enlarged yolk sac he acted worried about it and said "if it were my wife, I would try to wean off of it...at least for 1st trimester" Now mind you this was at 7 weeks so I could have strangled him and his nurse because they knew I was on it. I could have weaned down much sooner....anyway I know logically that isn't what caused my miscarriage, but I still worry. I did taper down from 7 weeks to 9 weeks (when I found out baby had died) and that was not a good period of time....I'm sure the withdrawal of Lexapro didn't help.

So anyway thank you so much everyone for your thoughts and inputs. :-)

I am just going to test again with FMU tomorrow and see what happens. I might go buy a FRER but just hate to waste the money. I have wasted so much on this whole charade (haven't we all).

Hubby thinks I should just wait another 3 weeks and then test. I was like......huh?!?!?! Men completely don't get it sometimes. I am hoping he meant 3 days but I quickly dismissed him and walked away before I punched him. Lol.....jk of course.

Ugh today was another tough day with DD. She is very bullheaded and won't do her homework properly, then when I try to show her how (which I'm pretty sure she already knows) she tries to argue with me that her teacher told her that this is how it is to be done, etc. DH checked it for me and I am right, but you can't tell this 3rd grader that. She is the most stubborn headstrong person I have ever known....other than her father. Which probably explains part of it.... Anyway I have got to come up with some serious consequences and if she chooses not to do her work then she chooses not to have X,Y,Z. She mentally wears me out. And cheer is such a big part of our life but I can't take that away for a week, or make her miss out on one competition or something, for punishment. It is an all or nothing thing....if I take her out then she is off the team. They rely on each other and they stressed at he beginning of the year that this can't be used as a punishment tool. So that leaves little options for punishment. Take away iPad, take her TV out of her room, no playing with friends, no parties or sleepovers, etc. I need to write it out clearly so she knows what the consequences are and she can make her choice.

The wits days are always when she has just come back from her dads. She stays up too late and her behavior is always a mess.

Sorry for complaining.

I hope everyone is doing well. Chuord I bet those hormones give you headaches, love. I know my hormonal shifts always trigger headaches for me. And thank you for the info about the baby energy.......I do feel in my gut that this is a pregnancy. It could be a chemical, but my cervix is high and closed and tilted back which is always an indicator for me. So we'll see. The only worry is why no pink somewhat dark line. I think tomorrow is 13-14 dpo, but then I have no idea because this has been the longest cycle ever. I really have no idea when I ovulated.

Night all xx
#74 of 429 Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Well good morning! Or good evening....wherever you are, friends.

I am frustrated. I had hoped that the line would be pink this morning because I used concentrated FMU. It is definitely a line....but still very, very faint. So I'm afraid it's either leftover hcg from before, or another chemical.

Here is today's pic- not enhanced.

#75 of 429 Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I can see the line. Hoping this is a sticky bean smile.gif
#76 of 429 Old 01-22-2014, 05:20 AM

Here is another shot. It is so light...I feel like if it was a pregnancy it would be getting darker. Oh well......now I just have to wait. 36 days since the D&C. How much longer.....
#77 of 429 Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Wengrin - I do see something in the second picture, but from my vantage point I don't see color. A true squinter. Could it be leftover HCG from before? Is it a chem? Are you not as many dpo as you think? Is it an evil trick from that particular brand of test? I can't say. I'm sorry that you are not getting a clear answer yet.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#78 of 429 Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM

Hugs wengrin. I can see something on 2nd pic. The not knowing is so awfulI

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#79 of 429 Old 01-22-2014, 01:12 PM

Wengrin I'm in the second test clan too... Here's to waiting and seeing - which I agree is the worst... Maybe that frer is worth the splurge...

#80 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 04:48 AM

How is everyone today? It is so cold this morning! We are out and about for appointments for ds. School on a 2 hour delay.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#81 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 07:48 AM

. Big bold evap line lol I took this a few days ago and have never seen such a. Bold dark evap line lol.. Anyone had one this dark
#82 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 AM

I did last month. Looked positive but was an evap. Makes you do a double take!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#83 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 08:10 AM

. This is both test with evaps it's crazy I got two evaps this dark lol
#84 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 08:13 AM

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#85 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 AM

Hi Everyone! Hope you are staying warm Chrissy. It has been in the 30's here in FL!

Another test this morning. I won't even post it because I am trying to relax but they are ever so slowly getting color and easier to see. I believe it is either a chemical or I ovulated way late and it is just early. I am leaning toward the chemical just because I have seen this progress before. When it takes forever to get a dark line then something is going wrong in there. So I will wait. I plan to test again on Sunday.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the care and concern. xx
#86 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 10:10 AM

I think early testing makes me looney tunes. I must take a break and relax. Fortunately I have another cheer competition for DD and we are leaving tomorrow so I will be distracted.
#87 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hugs Wengrin. I hope you have a great time at your daughters cheer competition.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#88 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM

Scjp how did that doctors appt go?

Chrissy - that snow pic is just magical... Thanks for sharing!

Wengrin - hugs and thank goodness for the cheer comp, they make pills for most things ttc - where are the sanity ones!

Mamablue smile.gif

#89 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 11:50 AM

I go to the doctor feb 17 to a obgyn that's diff from one that said wait a few weeks
#90 of 429 Old 01-23-2014, 02:04 PM

Scjp - that's still a while to wait! Hope you get some resolution before then.

AAM - sorry info download... Had my doc appointment this morning... Scan went ok I think... Lining is a bit thin - but letrozole may be causing that, plus I only stopped AF 3 days ago... Two follicles on the left one about 16 I think he said (seems big) and one under 10. Right 3 under 10, he's got me on gonal f for 6 days but only 50 (he was going to do 75 but I was worried about over stim) essentially if 4 or more ripen he won't iui me, but as I said dh has excellent swimmers lol so we could still accidentally fertilize the bunch... Hence the lower dose... Next appointment Wednesday next week... Fx!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page