Random Ramblings of TTC #2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're getting ready to gear up to TTC #2 here in our crazy household.  We only have one little dude now, who's 16mo.  I would have preferred to have more space between them, but hubby and I are aren't exactly youngins and there may be more kids in the pipeline (no pun intended), so I'd rather get started now than later.

I'm still breastfeeding said 16mo and still haven't had a PP AF.  Some of that I attribute to being on domperidone, which is due to being on a wonky work schedule that doesn't allow me to pump as often as I'd like.  I'm weaning off the domperidone hoping that it will help me to start cycling again.  So far my supply hasn't taken too much of a hit, thank goodness.  Little dude is starting to eat more solids, which is helping, too, as it removed the stress of providing enough milk for him.  I've minimally weaned him (only from nighttime comfort nursing, which is helping us BOTH sleep better during the night now).  

I have an appointment next week to get the IUD out and to talk with my doc about getting myself ovulating again.  If the dropping domperidone dosage doesn't help, my next step would be night weaning, which I really don't want to do.  I work night shift, so those nighttime cuddles don't happen often and I truly treasure them.  I've even looked into doing Clomid just to get myself ovulating again (I'm not seriously looking at it, but I know it's out there as a last-ditch option).

Before having Little Dude, my cycles were wildly irregular.  Oddly, getting the IUD about 1.5 years before TTC him I suddenly became regular for the first time ever.  I was able to use charting (temping, cervical mucous, etc.) to help conceive him in short order.  I won't be able to use temping this time as my sleep is so much more erratic that my temps are all over the place.

So, any recommendations on anything else I can be doing to help get my body jumpstarted again?  We'd like to start officially TTC again in April.

RN (34), a bit of a treehugger.gif, fur mama to 3 cat.gif and 1 horse,with a wonderful, artistic hubby (41), married since 2004.

Mama to D.G., born 9/19/12 at 32w4d, who happily fly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfambedsingle1.gifcd.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gif 

#2 of 4 Old 01-31-2014, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm sorry I don't have advice to share, but I am bumping this up for more attention! Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A little random update...  

Still no ovulation in sight for this mama.  I'm still decreasing my domperidone dosage.  I held it steady for a couple weeks as I got a cold and had some stressful situations and didn't want to risk tanking my supply.  I've added in a few fertility herbs to my daily regimen and I've started temping to the best of my ability.  Skipping days here and there due to frequently waking up at night, but I'm getting enough to see a normal-ish chart.  I have night weaned, as I found out that hubby was getting Little Dude to sleep through the night when I was at work, so that was a logical and easy step.  Only thing is that when I work, I am pumping at 4am, so hopefully my body doesn't use that as an excuse to not ovulate, lol.

RN (34), a bit of a treehugger.gif, fur mama to 3 cat.gif and 1 horse,with a wonderful, artistic hubby (41), married since 2004.

Mama to D.G., born 9/19/12 at 32w4d, who happily fly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIFfambedsingle1.gifcd.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gif 

#4 of 4 Old 03-07-2014, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Some people have taken Vitex or Maca to help regulate cycles. I'm taking some maca right now and have taken vitex in the past. Either one would take at least a few months to have a full effect on cycles, though.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page