Nursing Mama's TTC February/March/April - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 106 Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet, but it seems like this is the place for me. I'd love to join you all.  I'm still nursing my 19 mo and have not yet had PPAF.  I talked to my identical twin sister who has four children, and she said that she never got her cycle back until about two years out. I was hoping to have my kids two years apart, but looks like that isn't happening. We have been actively trying, even though there is no indication my cycle is coming back, though I did have some CM earlier this month which seemed promising, so I guess we're trying to catch the first egg.  We had previously tried night weaning, about two months ago, and we crashed and burned. I've started following Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning advice and we are starting fresh as of yesterday. 

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12
#92 of 106 Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorcandy View Post

Oh ladies I am losing my mind over here! I am getting my fourth short LP in a row. The B6 and vitex seem to be helping me ovulate a hit sooner but my LP still won't go past 8 days. To make matters worse my son who only nurses at night has been nursing every hour for LONG periods of time. He cries like an exorcism is being performed on him of I try to do the Jay Gordon method on him. He cried and entire hour once and would hardly let me soothe him. He was so angry and desperate. It broke my heart and I gave in and fed him. I wish there was an easier way. Any suggestions?

How old is your son?

I tried Jay Gordon's method when my dd was around 2 years old and it took a few days of her crying for 1-2 hours to work. You really have to be firm. I would offer water and cuddling, and sometimes dd would accept water. She would refuse the cuddling though, because she was angry. She stopped nursing at night for around 2 weeks until we moved. The transitions resulted in us reverting to night nursing for another 8 months. 

Recently I tried again to night wean her, and it was so much easier now that she's older. She'd cry for  a few minutes, accept holding hands, and would go back to sleep.

A few mothers on here suggested waiting a few months if the baby isn't ready to yet... I didn't like that suggestion, but they were right. Good luck!!

Warriorcandy likes this.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#93 of 106 Old 03-19-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vitae View Post

I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet, but it seems like this is the place for me. I'd love to join you all.  I'm still nursing my 19 mo and have not yet had PPAF.  I talked to my identical twin sister who has four children, and she said that she never got her cycle back until about two years out. I was hoping to have my kids two years apart, but looks like that isn't happening. We have been actively trying, even though there is no indication my cycle is coming back, though I did have some CM earlier this month which seemed promising, so I guess we're trying to catch the first egg.  We had previously tried night weaning, about two months ago, and we crashed and burned. I've started following Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning advice and we are starting fresh as of yesterday. 

Welcome!! How did it go yesterday with Jay Gordon's method?

I cut down nursing sessions but didn't need to night wean to resume cycles, but the cycles were irregular. I had no indication of cycles resuming... just happened one day in the first month dd started full-time at a toddler program and wouldn't nurse 8 hours straight.. She was 28 months old. This is a lot later than most women though. 

Good luck!!! :)

Warriorcandy likes this.

#2 due December 2014!
#94 of 106 Old 03-20-2014, 07:11 AM

It went well, she has been pretty receptive to it this time around, though she still wakes up.  She does cry for a minute and beg, "Na-nees, Na-nees," but I cuddle her and explain that she can have some nani in the morning, and that she had some before she went to bed, but not overnight.  Sometimes she just cuddles in close to me and falls back asleep on my arm, other times she says no when I try to cuddle her so I just give her space and she goes back to sleep.  I did give in at 4:30 am yesterday because she was waking up every hour requesting to nurse. We are doing extra cuddles and nurses in the morning to make up for the no overnight nursing.  I'm defintely hoping nightweaning doesn't hurt our nursing relationship though, and trying to make sure we have some time set aside during the day.  Right now we do bedtime, morning, and when we get home from work/daycare, and then once in between getting home and bedtime, depending on if we have a lot going on or not, because then we usually skip the random nursing session. And WarriorCandy, we had to take a couple months off because she just was clearly not ready.

Warriorcandy likes this.

#95 of 106 Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you everyone! This is such a supportive and wonderful board!

Ugh does anyone else deal with super annoying advice from their pediatrician. She basically told me I am to blame for him not sleeping through night because we bedshare. He actually did used to sleep through and only with teeth and day weaning has he stopped. I wish people could just give advice based on the criteria we set not their own. I know plenty
#96 of 106 Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 PM

@Veritas Vitae That sounds very positive. Cutting out night nursing didn't hurt the nursing relationship between myself and dd. It helped me a lot actually, because I get to sleep more and have more energy with her during the day. She would still cry a little, and yesterday cried for a good 10 minutes. A sudden change in nursing patterns can affect fertility pretty quickly!! 

@Warriorcandy Don't mind them if their advice doesn't apply to you. I haven't met a doctor/pediatrician who was supportive of breastfeeding beyond 6 months. I avoid wellness visits and I just focus on what I need from the doctor (sometimes prescribed medication). My dr was also shocked (not in a good way) when my dd wasn't sleeping thru the night at 5 months old. I came to these forums for support a lot in those months. 

#2 due December 2014!
#97 of 106 Old 03-24-2014, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
We will be on night 4 of dr jay Gordon night weaning tonight. The first night was hell because he cried for over an hour and a half straight but the next night max was 30 min and last night was only 5 mins. He has a cold now though and he is waking a lot still just not nursing. Praying this helps us sleep better and with my short LP. I am also upping the vitex. Now we are only nursing 2-4 times a day. We shall see. Soon my husband will push for full weaning so I hope I get pregnant before that.
#98 of 106 Old 03-24-2014, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ugh big AF visit today. At least I am definitely ovulating and have a relatively normal cycle. Guess we will be trying again this month!

As far as night weaning, more power to you. I haven't Been able to go through with it. Had Jay Gordon's website open on my phone for months. Baby boy is only 15 months now, if I ever bring myself to weaning I would definitely try his method. Interested in hearing the results. Best of luck to you!

Btw- should we be thinking of starting an April board soon, lol!
#99 of 106 Old 03-24-2014, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofthewolf View Post

Btw- should we be thinking of starting an April board soon, lol!
lol

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#100 of 106 Old 03-30-2014, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

Has anyone ever heard anything about clomid and breastfeeding a toddler? My son is 20 months. His ped. is a lactation consultant and told me I would have to pump and dump during the whole time each month I took clomid. But then I found something on Dr. Hale's site that said that as long as I didn't nurse within 6 hours it should be okay. hm...

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#101 of 106 Old 03-30-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post

Has anyone ever heard anything about clomid and breastfeeding a toddler? My son is 20 months. His ped. is a lactation consultant and told me I would have to pump and dump during the whole time each month I took clomid. But then I found something on Dr. Hale's site that said that as long as I didn't nurse within 6 hours it should be okay. hm...

I took clomid last cycle while nursing my 33 month old toddler. I'd take Clomid around 8am after dd nurses, and my dd wouldn't nurse again at 6pm. My doctor wasn't concerned about Clomid whilst breastfeeding at all. 

#2 due December 2014!
#102 of 106 Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post

Hi, boots! I don't have an answer for you, but I'm glad to see you here!

#103 of 106 Old 04-07-2014, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi There all-

Sorry I have been MIA.  I have been reading, but not replying or updating much.  How is everyone doing?  I am finding the absence of AF to be nice, but also irritating.  DH has pretty much decided against any more children, so this is not really a great thread for me anyways.  I do always have such a kinship with this thread as I was here between DD1 and DD2 and also between DD2 and DS.  I loved the support and opinions of you ladies.

Anyways, if someone would like to step up and take over, that would be great.  Otherwise.... I can continue to update (periodically....) and cheer you guys on!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#104 of 106 Old 04-10-2014, 05:32 AM

I could take over and start a new thread for April.  I am new to this group, and but I'm thinking I will likely be around for a bit as I'm still waiting to start my cycle post partum. 

#105 of 106 Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks Veritas!  I hope your stay isn't too long though.  

What I did for the new thread was to copy and paste the first thread into a new post.  Then I would go into Edit post under the first thread box each time I wanted to update.  Does that make sense?  

I really wanted to be better about staying on top of this, but I didn't.

But I have been reading and sending good vibes to everyone!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#106 of 106 Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 AM

Redirect to the current Nursing Mama TTC thread

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page