Hello. New, young, and looking for advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(I tried posting this earlier, but I am not sure if it worked.) Hello, everyone! I just recently married the love of my life in September! I am 22 years old. My husband and I have decided that we want to try having a baby! This month has been our first attempt. I am pretty sure that I ovulated on February 9th. My husband and I had unprotected sex every other day of my fertile week (including on Februrary 9th). I keep track of my period/fertility/ovulation with an app on my phone. It is amazing! :) My period is pretty regular. If it is ever "off" it is usually only off by a day or so. Anyway...it is still too early for me to test. My period is supposed to start in about 8 days (February 23rd). Recently, I have been feeling "different"...not sure how else to explain it. I have been having some symptoms...or I think I am. Things such as: slight nausea, bloating, cramping, vivid dreams, and headaches. I've also had a hard time getting to sleep at night...but once I am asleep, I will be out for hours!!! I haven't noticed any breast changes or spotting (even though I know that spotting does not always occur during implantation). I know that the mind is a powerful thing. Perhaps I am just anxious and hopeful and my mind is playing tricks on me! What do you guys think? Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated! :) Thank you!

AllyFolsom likes this.
#2 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

There have been plenty of times where I want so badly to be pregnant and my mind makes up all these signs. And odds are that is whats going on here. Now that doesn't mean you aren't...I'm just saying the two situations are probably not connected. In my experience though it's waaaay to early for you to have any symptoms. But as I said this is in my own experience. Not only are pregnancies with women so different but each womens pregnancy is so different! I'm 41 weeks with my third baby. You would think I would be a pro at this birth and pregnancy thing. Ha! Not exactly. 

JerFenstmaker likes this.

Wife, mom of 3, obsessed with photography, crafting and blogging http://annleaartsy.blogspot.com/
#3 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

I agree with annlea.  It's likely too early to be noticing any symptoms if you are pregnant.  I think, for most women, real symptoms don't set in until about 7 weeks.  With the exception of sore boobs.  I think a lot of women experience that pretty early, but more like when AF is due.  I too should be an expert since I'm trying for #4, but I'm still going crazy wondering....

I'm currently TTC and I am "noticing symptoms" all the time too :dizzy Most likely, it's in my head.  Or we're just paying so much close attention to our bodies right now, that we notice every little twinge or feeling.  If I wasn't trying right now, most of these feelings I probably would not even notice.  Several months I've thought I had symptoms, but AF came right on time.  Try not to put too much stock into subtle feelings.

If you care to join a TTC thread, there's some great ones out there....

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#4 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both very much! Honestly, I am just an impatient person and this whole waiting thing is killing me! haha!!! My husband and I are both very excited about trying too. Do you guys think that my chances of being pregnant are good? Or does it usually take a couple tries?

#5 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I, personally, felt symptoms as soon as 10 days before my period would normally be due.  Like being in a different dimension. . . hard to describe.

Most often it takes a few cycles.  Sometimes it happens on the first try . . . .and sometimes it happens when you're not trying, LOL.  : )  Congrats on beginning your adventure!

#6 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I've had 3 term pregnancies and 3 mc's. First time took me 11 months. Nothing wrong - it just can take awhile. All other pregnancies came quickly but one mc took a few months. So many variables that can affect it working. Good luck.

Oh, and maybe some women do feel early symptoms, but I also believe a lot of women that "knew" they were pregnant had the same "symptoms" in several non pregnancy cycles before actually becoming pregnant. A pinch one month could be nothing, but the next it could be implantation. Who really knows? It's a mystery...

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#7 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all so much for you input! I guess that at this point it is just a waiting game! haha! I should be able to test sometime next week! of course I will keep everyone posted! :)

This site is amazing! Everyone is so helpful! I really appreciate it!

OrmEmbar likes this.
#8 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Who knows, it could be in your head or you really might be pregnant. My husband and I got pregnant with our daughter one of the first times we ever had sex. We got pregnant with our son the very first month of trying. With both I knew without a doubt I was pregnant a week after conception. My symptoms started VERY early. Let us know what the results are, good luck!

Mommy to Adilene Faithjoy.gifand Damon LeeROTFLMAO.gifWife of Joshua fuzmalesling.gif

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering x2

lactivist.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.giffamilybed2.gif

#9 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

My husband is convinced that I'm pregnant. He says "I just know..." haha! Obviously I'm hoping that he is right! But if it doesn't work out this time...we are just going to keep trying! Thank you! I'm excited to start my life as a mother. And I know that when it happens, the timing will be perfect!!!!

AllyFolsom likes this.
#10 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm willing to wager that you are orngbiggrin.gif
I've got 4 kids and didn't *try* for any of them! Happy surprises!! So yea, I totally think you could get preggers the first try. And also, I had symptoms before I knew with all but my #3. Good luck! fingers crossed for u!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#11 of 11 Old 02-15-2014, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I am keeping my fingers crossed as well! haha! Waiting is just so hard!!! hahaha

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page