~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did a hot the day before my period was due (11 dpo) that was negative. Husband started telling me those tests are only really accurate if you have a 14 day lp which I don't so the negative ment nothing. My beta was this morning so I see no reason to test while I wait for the clinic to call. Sounds like they probably won't get them today, the lab tech said it will probably be this evening so I assume the clinic will be closed.
I'm never late so I'm trying to take this as good sign but the spotting freaked me out. I've never spotted and not gotten my period the next day so when it happened I just assumed I was screwed.
#302 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 AM

@OneWithTwo
My husband checks my cervix for me and he said from what he's read and how it feels my cervix always seems open. So maybe you're just weird like me.
I hope you get your positive today.
#303 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 11:49 AM

@jenjy they do seem ideal symptoms...I do feel looney!

Glad you are ok <3
jenjy likes this.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#304 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Good luck to the two of you! It only takes a few hours for the doctor to get the results of the HCG test, but usually they don't call you back until the next day.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#305 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Ladies, I just feel like I should explain myself because some of the recent posts have led me to feel guilty. Firstly, I find making mentions and personals tricky because I always post from my phone and it doesn't effectively scroll back/wont allow me to view a previous page when I'm commenting. Secondly, for my sanity, I try to limit my time on this board (whenever I log in I always always read through all the new posts though). I tend to come here most during my 2ww, and less so at other times when I feel so disheartened and frustrated with ttc. I just do not want to STILL be here, I'm so done with this business and want to be pregnant yesterday. None of this means I don't feel your pain, celebrate your joys and wish you all the best. My support is here in my heart even if its not transmitted into text on the screen. I guess the reason for feeling guilty is that I've been taking advantage of your wisdom and being inspired and moved by your stories without giving a great deal back. Its something I'm going to think on/work on.
jenjy likes this.

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
#306 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post

Ladies, I just feel like I should explain myself because some of the recent posts have led me to feel guilty. Firstly, I find making mentions and personals tricky because I always post from my phone and it doesn't effectively scroll back/wont allow me to view a previous page when I'm commenting. Secondly, for my sanity, I try to limit my time on this board (whenever I log in I always always read through all the new posts though). I tend to come here most during my 2ww, and less so at other times when I feel so disheartened and frustrated with ttc. I just do not want to STILL be here, I'm so done with this business and want to be pregnant yesterday. None of this means I don't feel your pain, celebrate your joys and wish you all the best. My support is here in my heart even if its not transmitted into text on the screen. I guess the reason for feeling guilty is that I've been taking advantage of your wisdom and being inspired and moved by your stories without giving a great deal back. Its something I'm going to think on/work on.

Please don't feel badly about that. We have ALL had seasons where the give and take ebbs and flows. You are welcome here in whatever capacity you CAN be here. hug.gif:
jenjy likes this.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#307 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Li5i and everyone else new- Welcome! I hope you stay is short and sweet!

Rosie- have you ruled out shingles? I know that sounds random but I had it once during a time of extreme stress. I hope that you find out what is going on and that your docs can put all the puzzle pieces together and come up with some answers and a solution for you!

apeydef- I could be wrong but it sounds like your taking AF's arrival in stride, however it makes me sad to see that threadkeeping has you down. It seems like it should be fun even though it seems time consuming! We DO appreciate you! I hope things happen quickly for you in the fall.

jenjy-  I had surgery for endometrosis mid Jan. They found some behind my uterus and they found some scar tissue that they took care of. I'm having some pain again, but my doc said that the location of the endo and scar tissue shouldn't be keeping me from conceiving. My doc ran dye up my tubes while I was under, right tube is wide open, left tube they couldn't tell. His thoughts are that the dye took the path of least resistance as he tried and tried to get it to go up the left but it just wouldn't. He didn't see any obvious blocks or anything, but theres only so much he could tell without the dye going where it was supposed to. Anyways, I have an appt with the doc for May 7. If I'm not pregnant by then I will be put on fertility meds. DH and I have decided that if I'm not pregnant at the end of this cycle hes going to get his counts done. There is NO WAY that I'm going to put myself through hormone hell if hes got a problem that needs addressing.

I'm sorry I'm so bad with personals and responding to everyone. I have a bit of a mood disorder and it sometimes makes it very difficult to be social sometimes, even through anonymity on the internet. Sometimes I get so down that I don't want to depress anyone else with whats going on in my head when we all have so much we are struggling with. Sometimes I'm so up I can't focus on whats going on with whom and I feel like I'm hopping all over the pages on here. I still haven't figured out the quote thing or the multi quote thing. I have tried medication, it makes things soooo much worse and none of the dozens I've tried have helped for my moods. Eventually I gave up and fired all my shrinks. I try to manage it by keeping my blood sugar stable-even though I'm not diabetic it seems to help keep things more steady. However, with all the stress from TTC I haven't been doing the best job of eating low GI type foods. I'm not using my moods and shit as an excuse, I just hope you all understand and know that even if I stay silent I'm rooting for you all, celebrating with you all, and crying with you all. Hopefully soon we will have more celebrating than anything else!

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#308 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

@Harmony96
 How is your new business going?  What DPO are you now?

Look at you with your thorough personals! orngbiggrin.gif

Business is going well. I've already made over $10,000 for the month and recruited 14 new people to my team!

No, not really. lol.gif Direct sales businesses always start out slowly, but I am happy with where I'm at and just trying to do a little bit each day, whether it's reaching out to someone or personal development or whatever. smile.gif

I am 8 DPO right now and plan on testing on Friday if my temp is still up. If it's negative, I won't be able to test again until Tuesday (if AF stays away).

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#309 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:33 PM

@Siuann
I'm not sure if you care to hear this but I use to have a lot of mood an anxiety problems which were made much better by a gluten free and grain free diet.
I just know how much I suffered half my life and how much this helped.
lucky#7 and Kita4 like this.
#310 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

jenjy, hugs to you and sorry about your loss. I lurked in the Feb TTC thread and was rooting for you. 

Kita4 likes this.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#311 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Woah! It's so busy on here today!! :joy I'm not a fan of quiet days lol. But I understand that people have LIVES!

@tifga I always have my husband check mine too :). It just makes me feel weird! And he's always more than willing ;). Excited to hear your numbers.

@Siuann have you tried a light box? They work for me! I just sit in front of if for 20-40 minutes a day and get some "sun" :). I'm so sorry you have to go through all those surgeries and pain :( :(.

@alittlemischief don't feel guilty! I wasn't pinpointing anyone in particular here.  I hope you get your BFP soon! I'm grateful for the wisdom shared on here as well.

@Harmony96  glad business is going well- look at all the mulah!!!

AFM- ummm so I only got one day of +OPK. Is that normal? We BD'd last night but not the day before...and my temp was down today, too. Good or no good? We shall see?

Married August 2012 .......    Baby #1 due Jan 2!
I'm 23 & teach ESL. Hubby is 28 & works with refugee children
(currently) My kids have paws:Malamute & Newfoundland
#312 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM

@Harmony96 -see what I did there with the @ button;)

thank you for replying to my emotional splurge! I've always felt very welcome, I will just try to 'give' as much as I take from the thread. I find it an invaluable source of support, friendship and information. Hope your business takes off smile.gif 8DPO is always an exciting time to be, your almost at the point where an early test won't be wasted, but if you see a single line you can just shrug it off as being too early, I love an excuse to POAS!

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
#313 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

tifga- I've been gluten free for about 3 years now. It definitely does help! I try to avoid corn, rice, sugar, etc because of wanting to keep my blood sugar steady.  I typically use coconut flour at home if I want something that is similar to bread or muffins.

kita4- whats a lightbox? I live in Florida and we get quite a bit of sun all year round, but it sounds intresting. My doc said that women usually get one to three days of +opk. I could be wrong, but I believe that after you get the +opk, what is it, like 12-36hrs or something before you o. I could be completely wrong in that though. I'd keep BDing til you get cross hairs if I were you!

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#314 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM

@Siuann
Isn't coconut flour the best? Love that stuff. I found zero tolerance is best for me.I so eat white rice but that's it. Even husband has found that zero tolerance for any sugar or grains or gluten has done wonders for his ADD.
#315 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 01:15 PM

@Kita4
Its supposed to be 12-36 hrs later you o but you can have a short surge. Last month they detected lh surge around 9am saturday and I o'd around 1am Sunday(that is the only time I ever felt o)
#316 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li5i View Post

Hi tinytina, this is a whole new world here! I have very little experience with any of this, feeling a bit like I'm trying to drink out of a fire hose! But I'm learning new things by reading everyone's comments and browsing some other parts of the forum.

I feel a little weird about being here - someone mentioned that this board isn't so much for people who are just starting to TTC but more for people who've had trouble. What board would be for someone who's TTC for the first time and really has no idea what lies ahead, be it a super easy conception or a lot of heartache?

Even though this isn't my first time TTC, I think this is the perfect place for anyone trying to conceive in general.  Could mean first, second, third, etc.  This is suppose to be a place to come to and feel you can ask questions without getting lashed out, and by getting help and advice from people who have been in your shoes at one point or another.

Btw, welcome to the board!  Hope your stay here is warm and helpful.  :)

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#317 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Good luck to the two of you! It only takes a few hours for the doctor to get the results of the HCG test, but usually they don't call you back until the next day.

Welcome!  Sorry I missed your earlier posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post

I understand.  Don't feel guilty!

Everyone else, I'm trying to get through personals today but I am having super bad mood swings.  And my focus is scattered.  I will try my best later when I feel this has passed.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#318 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 PM

I know I'm bad about not being supportive enough! Partly cause I'm still new at this, partly cause I'm always on my phone and can't go back and see very far when teying to reply! I do support everyone on this thread and wish you all the best of luck and baby dust!
@rosie2727 I did have a US last Friday, and I will be 7 weeks tomorrow! We got to hear the heartbeat then too-it was 128. I had my first appt yesterday, and everything looked good, cervix is closed, and uterus is growing. I'm due Oct. 30th.
I still want to stop on and check in with everybody, but at the same time, I almost feel bad/guilty for being preggo. I don't want anyone to think I'm throwing it in their face or anything-I honestly never thought with the way my cycles have been and the bad news I always got that there was much of a chance of a BFP without fertility drugs.

Me,27;partners.gif DH,34; DSS,10 geek.gif, Due 10/30 #1belly.gif!
#319 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM

@jchole please never feel bad for being pregnant! To be in your position is what we all strive for, and hearing of yours (and other's) success is inspirational. I for one really appreciate you checking in.

@Li5i - this place is inclusive to everyone no matter where there journeys are starting at or whatever road they are going down, I hope you feel at home soon (and that your stay is short!)

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
#320 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
My post was in no way to make anyone feel guilty! We are all busy I know that, and a forum is not our #1 priority. I'm just going through some stuff! I have to wait now until fall and that makes me sad bc my baby will be 2 now by the time I get pregnant.. no one should feel bad!!!!!! @jcholedo not feel bad for being pregnant!!! Omg you have been through hell and God blessed you with a baby!! Nobody should feel bad about announcing pregnancy on here whether it be their first cycle or 20th!! This is not a forum for fertility problems. I wouldn't go and announce it on one of the fertility challenged threads if you become pregnant on first try, but this thread is for all walks in TTC!
jenjy likes this.

DH 31; Me 30; DD 5; DS 1; Baby due Dec 17th
#321 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post

I did a hot the day before my period was due (11 dpo) that was negative. Husband started telling me those tests are only really accurate if you have a 14 day lp which I don't so the negative ment nothing. My beta was this morning so I see no reason to test while I wait for the clinic to call. Sounds like they probably won't get them today, the lab tech said it will probably be this evening so I assume the clinic will be closed.
I'm never late so I'm trying to take this as good sign but the spotting freaked me out. I've never spotted and not gotten my period the next day so when it happened I just assumed I was screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post

@OneWithTwo
My husband checks my cervix for me and he said from what he's read and how it feels my cervix always seems open. So maybe you're just weird like me.
I hope you get your positive today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

waiting for beta labs are a PITA. I had mine drawn at 11:45. I just called the OB nurse and she lol'd..knew my voice and said she's been watching but it hasn't come through yet. She said it will be 4-5pm and she will call as soon as she sees it.
I hate the OB for her nasty comments about women in their 30's but damn I love love love the nurse and am thankful she cares so much!
This cycle was the first cycle that I've tried checking cervix. I suck at it. I know it's soft and the rest is best guess. My daughter and son were "SURPRISE, you're pregnant" babies. This is the first time I've "tried" since the miscarriages. I guess I assumed that everything would be simple and easy since I obviously had no issues getting pregnant with my kids.
@tifga hope you get your positive too!

So it's 2:36p...only like 1.5-2.5 hours waiting greensad.gif

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#322 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

@Harmony96
  glad business is going well- look at all the mulah!!!
You didn't read my whole post. lol.gif:

#323 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

Dr. Inna, it's got a very defined area to it...it always shows up in that EXACT same area, is warm to the touch, a tiny bit itchy, but not much. It's causing minor swelling, in parts of the area it has that "orange peel" appearance, but for the most part it's just red and swollen. I did look up rashes related to Lupus and found the butterfly rash. This looks exactly like that, but it's only on one side. It goes right up to the edge of my nose, but stops short of actually being on the bridge. It is affecting a small area on my left nostril, that has like a little sore that looks like it would have pus, but it doesn't. I'm also getting over that sinus infection and have blown my nose a zillion times, so that could just be due to irritation from wiping my nose over and over.

For some reason talking about this is embarrassing. Here we discuss our vaginas, sex, cervical fluid, etc, and I'm embarrassed by a facial rash :/ haha.

Also, it's not so much a rash. It's more just red and swollen. Except the orange peel looking area. It looks bumpy/more like a rash. But that's like a nickel size area compared to the tennis ball sized area it covers....

rosie - I woulda been a doc but I didn't want to work that hard!  I know myself too well and the call of the beach or the lake is just way to strong for me to have that kind of dedication for 10 solid years!

As you know - I don't think it's lupus.  Someone here mentioned shingles and I don't think it's that either bc usually that presents on the torso and is quite painful.  Hopefully it resolves soon.  If I had that rash I'd be putting some cortisone cream on it.  I prefer a brand called Aquanil and it's sold behind the counter at the pharmacy (no Rx needed). 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
AHH!!  So MUCH to catch up on!  Come on, ladies, I was only gone a couple weeks!  :p
@innacircle YAY!  You're popping in!  Pleeeeease make a habit of that!!
AFM -- I want to do more to improve egg quality.  What do y'all think of royal jelly?

jenjy - I always liked how you kept up with everyone.  You know I can't stay away completely either.  My hair twirling schedule just isn't that booked right now.  :thumb

As for eggs, I got the oldies too and I instituted 600mg Ubiquinol (in divided doses) and 10mg PQQ daily for egg quality (mitochondrial support).  That lasted 2 months before my BFP that stuck.  I also added 1000mg VitC with bioflavonoids (divided) and 400-600mg VitE for progesterone support during the LP, on top of the 50mg (divided) of B6 to help lengthen my LP. 

Never really got so far as royal jelly and don't know enough about it to add much. 

lucky#7 likes this.
#324 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)

I still feel like a novice- honestly I feel like a fish out of water sometimes- I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge to contribute, but I think and pray for all of you daily even if I don't get online as much as I would like (I don't always have time to post or mention everyone by name or welcome everyone who is new- there is always new members). Somedays I feel like I need help matching up all the names and associated information. I also sometimes feel like I don't belong because our circumstances are so different.

@jenjyA MOCK (simulation) transfer has to be performed in order to assure that, once we have good embryos, it will be possible and easy to transfer them into the uterine cavity (a full bladder is necessary for this procedure) --essentially a practice run.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#325 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh oops! I did but I didn't understand. Sorry! I see now.

Married August 2012 .......    Baby #1 due Jan 2!
I'm 23 & teach ESL. Hubby is 28 & works with refugee children
(currently) My kids have paws:Malamute & Newfoundland
#326 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 PM

Wow I have a lot to catch up on! Sorry if I miss anyone.

Jenjy- I am so sorry! Hugs! My cycles were always a little wacky before I was on BCP, sometimes they'd be 28 days and sometimes 35. I started temping so hopefully that'll put me better in tune with my cycles.

Siuann- I'm the same way. I was on antidepressants for years and finally went off when we started TTC. I honestly don't feel any different now that i'm off, so obviously drugs aren't always the answer. Fx you find what works for you :)

Harmony- Wow that is awesome! What do you sell?

Li5i- Welcome! I am newly TTC too, so you are not alone here. I've learned a lot from this forum too!

Jchole- That is so exciting! Congrats!

Apeydef- lol at nagging at your kids! I know how it feels to just want AF to just come and get it over with!

Chilee- Don't give up hope yet. You never know, maybe you'll get a surprise down the road or you'll decide to start trying again.

Rosie- I'm sorry that you had bad experiences with other threads. I think sometimes when you're not in person it's easier for people to be a lot less sensitive without realizing it. And as for the true inconsiderate ones I try to remind myself they have to be pretty insecure IRL to want to make people feel bad.

Onewithtwo- Those sound like good signs! I can't wait to hear the results of your beta!

Tifga- I think my cervix always feel open too. I try not to make too much of it.

NSmom- Welcome! I got some OP strips online. They were way cheaper and you can tell if the line is moving lighter or darker.

Kita- I don't pay attention to the second line on the digital. Both my positives the line looked like the dye had ran so you could barely see it.

Badwolf, Make it Sew- FX you get answers soon.

AFM- POD 7 for me. I had cramping and a couple streaks of pink when I wiped yesterday, but without going into TMI i'll just say I'm not sure about the source of it. Time will tell I guess.

#327 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post

@NSmomtobe
Yes, thinking hoping?
It was my first cycle Clomid. I O cd13 and AF is due today. Been trying for 6 months.
At the lab now. I'll know today.
I've had good signs but I felt cervix and it seemed soft and open greensad.gif which I thought if pregnant it would be high and closed?
All of a sudden I feel AF symptoms like low back pain and bloated/crampy greensad.gif stupid mind playing tricks! I know my temps are high, boobs hurt BAD, and excess saliva, nausea...but could be mind tricks too.

I wish the labs were instant.

Also did they test you for MTHFR?
I had seven miscarriages before my daughter. They did some testing when I was pregnant with her, but nothing big. She was born at 32 weeks.
My son(second live birth), the drs did massive testing! They discovered then MTHFR. My son was also born at 32 weeks.
So miscarriages to preemies, my body will not go past 32 weeks so far.

No, I don't believe I was tested for MTHFR. I asked about it and she gave an elusive response, so I am taking that as a no. I am still awaiting the results of my karyotype test, but it's not part of that, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

Yup, the anti-RNP and anti-ds-DNA tests are done as a follow up to a positive ANA to help determine what the issue is.  Your ANA should also have a result with it, usually a titer% or a range.  When you do get to look, please share that one too (along with the ref ranges).

Anti-ds-DNA is done primarily to rule out lupus (SLE).  There are so many different ref ranges for this test that I can't really add much at this point. 

Anti-RNP is done to differentiate bw lupus and other connective tissue disorders.  Same here with the result and the ref ranges.  Whenever you do get a hold of your lab slip, if you post the results and ref ranges I can hopefully be more helpful!

Even without the exact labs, you do have an elevated autoimmune response based on any positive (anything more than negative incl indeterminate) results.  This would definitely lead me to have an open discussion with the MD about this type of reaction happening in your system even in the absence of an active disease. 

I'll try to help with figuring out the numbers so you can at least have some idea of what they mean before you open that line of communication.  Admittedly, it's tricky though.  There are lots of articles in scientific journals about interpreting these tests in relation to one another.  Apparently it's not a clear-cut science. 

I have it in front of me right now, and unfortunately the numbers are exactly what I said. But here is detail on the reference range: An AI of 1.0 indicates an antibody cut-off concentration that corresponds to approximately the 99th percentile of values obtained from a non-diseased population.

AI < 1.0 Negative

AI >=1.0 Positive

Note: The ANA test is positive if any of the specificities below are positive (it is not a separate test).

Then the following are listed:

Chromatin AI = 0.2

Ribosomal P, SS-A/Ro, SS-B/La, Centromere B, Sm, Sm/RNP, Scl-70, JO-1: <0.2 (the same score for each of these)

RNP AI = 1.3

Thank you so much for your help with this!

#328 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 05:16 PM

NSMom-

According to your post, you are ruled out for the following autoimmune diseases based on your 0.2 or <0.2 results:

-SLE/lupus (all tests except Scl-70, Jo-1 and Centromere B)

-Sjögren’s syndrome (SS-A and SS-B)
 -polymyositis (the Jo-1)
 -systemic sclerosis/scleroderma (Scl-70)
 -CREST syndrome (Centromere B)
 -MTCD (Chromatin)

The separate RNP AI could indicate other misc connective tissue diseases but it's so hard to tell!  Do you have cold fingers a lot?  Do they ever turn bluish?
The anti-ds-DNA result being indeterminate was probably disregarded because almost all of your other tests point to no SLE/lupus.  That makes the anti-ds-DNA result essentially moot.
The good news is your doc did a very comprehensive test (there's not really any bigger test for this). 
#329 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 06:16 PM

innacircle, I do get cold fingers and toes. I don't think they get blue, but they do get numb when they get really cold.

I'm glad it was a good test because it seems like she missed other things (such as MTHFR). Obviously she wasn't concerned with the results. I wondered if the test had to be repeated to be conclusive.

#330 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 07:08 PM

NSmom - have you ever heard of Raynaud's?  That was the only one left that I could think of aside from RA.  Raynaud's is where you get the cold fingers/toes but I don't know that much about it to know if it's variable (mild, mod, severe) or if it's all or nothing.  However, when I looked again I see that it's part of the CREST phenomenon which has been ruled out.

It sounds like you have most everything AI related ruled out, but your physician should explain that to you and not just brush over it since one of the results was positive.  This happens apparently, but again - this is not an exact science from what I've gathered.

MTHFR is totally unrelated and would not have been tested as part of that assay.  I think with repeated mc you would certainly be a candidate for the test.

Bottom line - don't be afraid to be a squeaky wheel with your doc.  They almost always can do more if you feel like every stone is not being overturned.  They don't really mind it either, but sometimes the concern of the pt is enough to help them properly justify the procedures/labs. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page