~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn612 View Post

harmony thatis what my test looked like lol! I was like evap or positive?

I'm going to say positive. orngbiggrin.gif (but get your pic in here!!!)

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#362 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hmmmm tried. I can't figure it out!
#363 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

AFM - So I went to bed last night, and I told myself that I could go ahead and test a day early if my temp was at least 98.5. It was 98.56 and I got this. It was my last test and I was really expecting it to be negative and I'd have to find a way to get out today and get another one to use for tomorrow.
AHH!!  That's a great looking test!!  So exciting!  :joy

The picture you posted of yourself is pretty.  :)  You have a striking smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn612 View Post

afm - I got a bfp (faint so retesting tomorrow to confirm). 

marilyn, that is such wonderful news!!  :love  I cannot wait to see your picture (take one of today's!  Oh just saw your post -- click the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun).  Can't wait to hear how tomorrow's goes!

@tifga you are PREGNANT!  Oh my gosh!!!!  Congratulations!!  :bgbounce  What DPO was that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post
8DPO is always an exciting time to be, your almost at the point where an early test won't be wasted, but if you see a single line you can just shrug it off as being too early, I love an excuse to POAS!

I feel the exact same way!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post

@Kita4
Its supposed to be 12-36 hrs later you o but you can have a short surge. Last month they detected lh surge around 9am saturday and I o'd around 1am Sunday(that is the only time I ever felt o)

And to add to this, I somehow O'd and still got positive OPKs afterwards.  But generally, 12 - 36hrs is exactly what I have heard too and is almost always true for me (24 hours.)

@rosie2727 Did the rheumatologist have any answers this morning??

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

As for eggs, I got the oldies too and I instituted 600mg Ubiquinol (in divided doses) and 10mg PQQ daily for egg quality (mitochondrial support).  That lasted 2 months before my BFP that stuck.  I also added 1000mg VitC with bioflavonoids (divided) and 400-600mg VitE for progesterone support during the LP, on top of the 50mg (divided) of B6 to help lengthen my LP. 

I do all that and have for months (except the PQQ -- have to look into that.)  Only thing is, I'm realizing now that my Ubiquinol was way too small of a dose. Crap.  I'll up it but I know that takes months to really have an effect.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

@jenjyA MOCK (simulation) transfer has to be performed in order to assure that, once we have good embryos, it will be possible and easy to transfer them into the uterine cavity (a full bladder is necessary for this procedure) --essentially a practice run.

I read the link but couldn't figure out what that really entailed.  So it's like everything is exactly the same as the transfer will be, but without embryos?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffula11 View Post

Jenjy- I am so sorry! Hugs! My cycles were always a little wacky before I was on BCP, sometimes they'd be 28 days and sometimes 35. I started temping so hopefully that'll put me better in tune with my cycles.

AFM- POD 7 for me. I had cramping and a couple streaks of pink when I wiped yesterday, but without going into TMI i'll just say I'm not sure about the source of it. Time will tell I guess.

Thank you!  And yes, temping is awesome!!  It will help.  Your signs sound promising, I have to say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2009 View Post

Hi Jenjy,
No idea why my cycles are whacky except that I finished nursing about 6 months ago, am now 36, & I've been dealing with very low iron for over a year now. But my cycles have been short, long, heavy, painful, normal & everything in between over the past 6 months. They've been consistently short on the LP but last month was a full 14-day LP, so I'm hopeful!

I'm waiting to O now but I've been freaking out about my age since I accidentally laid eyes on a book for "conceiving after 35" at the bookstore. It seems like yesterday that I got pregnant so easily & had my healthy little babe but it was 5 1/2 year ago & I guess my body is changing! Hoping to catch a good cycle this month!

Oh sure, that makes sense about your cycles.  Yay for the 14 day LP!  Please don't worry about your age.  :)  I bet everything will go fine!

@OneWithTwo  Ah, so frustrating about the bloodwork!  And BTW I'm pretty cartain I'm dealing with MTHFR as well... that is a piece I figured out when working on my DS's allergies so long ago.  Since then I've been taking the methyl form of folic acid and considering it taken care of.  And I have to say THANK YOU so much for mentioning the days-of-the-week association.  I like that much better... For years, I've been saying it @rosie2727 's way in my head!

@Siuann OK, that sounds like a good plan.  I'm sorry you are dealing with pain again.  :(

@NSmomtobe Wow, it sounds like you got some thorough testing done -- I agree with your idea to follow up with your family doc.  

@girlspn  thank you :hug

@Kita4 sure, 1 day of +OPK should be fine.  Once your temp goes up, you probably O'd the day before, but it takes a few days to confirm.

@badwolf092087 :(  feel better soon

@jchole  7 weeks!!  You are inspirational!  We are very excited for you :heartbeat 

badwolf092087 likes this.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#364 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

That actually sounds like the timing that I had this time, but you can also go tonight because a friend of mine only had all her conceptions on the day after O.
Take a picture anyway! We love squinters! Take it out in bright daylight (but not necessarily direct sunlight) and use the macro function on your phone to get a clear picture. orngbiggrin.gif

AFM - So I went to bed last night, and I told myself that I could go ahead and test a day early if my temp was at least 98.5. It was 98.56 and I got this. It was my last test and I was really expecting it to be negative and I'd have to find a way to get out today and get another one to use for tomorrow.

1964783_10152085666319247_929524639_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn612 View Post

harmony thatis what my test looked like lol! I was like evap or positive?

This is exactly how mine have looked before with this brand and they were positive!!! Looking good so far!! And Harmony, you're so early...so I think that's a good indicator that it's detecting something! I predict strong betas for you within a few days!!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#365 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

14 dpo.

#366 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:

so beta was postive but the number was 20 which is apparently a little low.
between that and the spotting I am pretty worried. 
second beta tomorrow morning.
Ugh! It's a start at least!! That's encouraging! Congratulations! Hope your beta tomorrow is amazing and the spotting stays away (not that it's always bad, it's just scary)!

05/14
#367 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

Thanks for the input, everyone... We'll see what this month brings. *sigh*. The fight was so stupid too; he just got so angry. 

I have long blonde hair and haven't had a haircut in four months. I NEED to get it at least trimmed. I also wanted a partial highlight because something is making it turn sort of orange-ish. Ew. Hubby just doesn't get it. Why spend almost $100 on hair, he says.

We have more than enough money for it.... he just doesn't think it should be spent on that. He's a super saver.

Anywho :( I'm getting over it. Ugh. It's just so frustrating. awuehflkjdsoilewhfksdhdh.

My temp was 96.9 yesterday morning (WED), and 97.2 this morning (THURS).

My +OPK was Tuesday afternoon, and we did BD that night.

We'll see. I'll try not to be mad at him if no baby happens this month ;) ;).

You know what's funny?  My DH and I just had this same fight.  My hair costs around $150 to get done.  My stylist is worth every penny.  Since my strawberry blonde likes to go near copper sometimes, she will just strip it out and completely redo it.  But it lasts for over 6 months.  He got all angry about it (even though we have more than enough to cover it), and then offered to upgrade one of my electronics... which would cost more.  Men..

Kita4 likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#368 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:

so beta was postive but the number was 20 which is apparently a little low.

between that and the spotting I am pretty worried. 

second beta tomorrow morning.

Lots of positive thoughts your way!  FX for you.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#369 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 AM

I tried the mountain. Must be a setting I need to change first
#370 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Nurse said hcg is less than 2 greensad.gif

Now I question my strength if I want to keep going and trying

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#371 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey all, I just skimmed over all the conversation over the past two days and it kind of got me thinking...I haven't been here all that long, but I feel like I can definitely relate to those that have because my husband and I have had very different ideas on when to have children and how far apart they should be spaced.  Before my first, I waited three long years for him to come around before TTC.  Now, for my second, I've been ready to go for a year now, but this is only our second cycle actually TTC.  I'm trying hard not to be anxious about this process, but my default is that "this has to happen now (since I've waited so long)."  Has anyone else dealt with something similar?  

Anyway, so I'm 9 DPO today and totally symptom spotting even though I know I shouldn't be...  Yesterday all day I had this weird dry/cotton mouth feeling and kind of an "off" taste in my mouth despite drinking water all day.  This morning I woke up with a twinge on one side (very similar to the ovulation pains earlier this month) and a little bit of queasiness that has mostly disappeared, but even stranger is whatever was going on with my mouth yesterday has evolved into feeling like I need to swallow and clear my throat like every two minutes. I'm holding off on testing as a "false" negative would be pretty deflating for me. 

Hope everyone else is doing well...

#372 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 09:25 AM

SO much going on here! I'm inching up on when my next AF should start 3/16-17 and I'm wondering when I should start POAS to see if anything happened this month. Today is 11 DPO. I don't want to get my hopes up and see a negative, and I also don't want to waste all my pregnancy tests. So, when should I start checking? Today? AF day, if she doesn't show?

Married to my best friend since 1/14, TTC#1
BFP 3/24/14
Full-time grad student, part-time farmer.
#373 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post

Please don't give up hope.  Your O date is a little up in the air, I'd say.  It really could be too early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsd View Post

Hey all, I just skimmed over all the conversation over the past two days and it kind of got me thinking...I haven't been here all that long, but I feel like I can definitely relate to those that have because my husband and I have had very different ideas on when to have children and how far apart they should be spaced.  Before my first, I waited three long years for him to come around before TTC.  Now, for my second, I've been ready to go for a year now, but this is only our second cycle actually TTC.  I'm trying hard not to be anxious about this process, but my default is that "this has to happen now (since I've waited so long)."  Has anyone else dealt with something similar?  

Anyway, so I'm 9 DPO today and totally symptom spotting even though I know I shouldn't be...  Yesterday all day I had this weird dry/cotton mouth feeling and kind of an "off" taste in my mouth despite drinking water all day.  This morning I woke up with a twinge on one side (very similar to the ovulation pains earlier this month) and a little bit of queasiness that has mostly disappeared, but even stranger is whatever was going on with my mouth yesterday has evolved into feeling like I need to swallow and clear my throat like every two minutes. I'm holding off on testing as a "false" negative would be pretty deflating for me. 

hilsd, I'm sorry about your long waits!!  That is hard.  Yes, I've gone through something similar.  Our DS took a lot of our time and energy because of his allergies and such, and DH wasn't ready to deal with another when I was I think because he liked the relative calm we finally were able to achieve.  :)  Then I couldn't get pregnant.  Then I had medical issues that I had to CTA for a long time during.  Now the mc's.  So in my head, I've been waiting for years.  So come one now, any day a sticky would be welcome.  It's a good thing I like a big age gap, although at this point it's larger than I would have liked.  It'll work out though.  :)  Anyway, I hear you!!  BTW I think your symptoms sound encouraging!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li5i View Post

SO much going on here! I'm inching up on when my next AF should start 3/16-17 and I'm wondering when I should start POAS to see if anything happened this month. Today is 11 DPO. I don't want to get my hopes up and see a negative, and I also don't want to waste all my pregnancy tests. So, when should I start checking? Today? AF day, if she doesn't show?

I would test today!  

Quote:

14 dpo.

That can be a normal number at 14 DPO.  It's the doubling that matters.  I hope your next beta is a beautiful number!!! 

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#374 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:

What DPO are you? Keep us posted with any feelings/symptoms....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsd View Post

Idk what to make of those mouth tastes/sensations. My DH and I have different opinions too. I think he'd prefer to not try am just see what happens. But I also don't know if he'd even be at that point if it weren't for the ectopic that got this ball rolling just over a year ago. I think he thought he was done. Men....they just dot know what's good for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li5i View Post

The earliest I test and have real expectations of seeing something is 12dpo. But if you think you'll be hugely disappointed by a bfn, don't test til day AF is supposed to arrive. That's the method I go with anyway...good luck. And if you want to test today, I'd love to hear about it anyway!! Good luck!

05/14
#375 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

harmony96 and marilyn612, how exciting!! 

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#376 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM

Rosie2727, thank you. I just spent some time reading about the pros and cons of early testing and chemical pregnancies and now I'm not so sure I really want to test early. I'll talk it over with my husband later today and then maybe POAS tomorrow morning. I'll report back with what we decide and possibly a test result.

Married to my best friend since 1/14, TTC#1
BFP 3/24/14
Full-time grad student, part-time farmer.
#377 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Congrats to the recent BFPs! How exciting!

Hilsd, good luck to you. I can totally relate. We've waited a few years to TTC #2 & I'm so impatient! I feel old (though thanks, Jenjy, for the support on that front!). We thought we were done with one but now... And we were so lucky the 1st time around (I got PG before we officially started TTC) that my husband is a little baffled at the process.

Well, wish me luck! CD 9 & might start DTD tonight... Had some spotting today but it's too early for O, wth?! This has happened last 2 cycles. I'm trying not to over analyze every little thing though... Positive, calm vibes!

And good luck, Li5i! And to all!!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#378 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 PM

Congrats Tifga, Marilyn, and Harmony!

#379 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AF started greensad.gif

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#380 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:

AF started greensad.gif

Oh no im sorry :(

#381 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

AF started greensad.gif

I'm sorry : ( 

Married August 2012 .......    Baby BOY due Jan 6!
Love my two monstersMalamute & Newfoundland
#382 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:

AF started greensad.gif

Sorry hun.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#383 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 05:29 PM

sorry one with two
#384 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 05:48 PM

onewithtwo:  Sorry AF arrived.  Such a bummer.  Especially when you know your body was producing hcg - which means SOMETHING WAS happening. 

05/14
#385 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

AF started greensad.gif

So sorry :( 

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#386 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So sorry, onewithtwo.

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#387 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM

So I've been going back and forth on what to do while waiting on my RE appt.  I was going to use OPK's and try to seduce DH.  But then I kind of changed my mind.  And I really don't know when to even test b/c I wasn't real sure on when "AF" really started after this last mc.  So I was going to start temping again, but after one day of that, I've had the worst insomnia all week!  So no reliable temps have been recorded this week.  But then today I had some CF that seemed like it was gearing up to become fertile - still thick though.  So maybe it's not too late. If I go by FF, I'm on CD15 which is my normal O day.  But I've heard a lot of women say they O later after a mc.  So maybe I haven't O'd yet.  No other signs of it.  Not that I get a lot of signs, but I do get sore boobs afterward, a zit, and bloating.  I did have a little bloating today, but I also get that when stressed and work is crazy stressful right now.  So I took an OPK this evening and it was super light.  So either I already did, or I'm trying to gear up to.  I'll probably keep using them the next few days to see what happens.  If I get a + I will probably revert back to plan A and seduce DH! :nut

05/14
#388 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:

I think they just say less than 2 because the test isn't sensitive enough to pick up levels lower than that, so you might not have had a chemical. Not sure if that helps at all, just my two cents.

#389 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

So I've been going back and forth on what to do while waiting on my RE appt.  I was going to use OPK's and try to seduce DH.  But then I kind of changed my mind.  And I really don't know when to even test b/c I wasn't real sure on when "AF" really started after this last mc.  So I was going to start temping again, but after one day of that, I've had the worst insomnia all week!  So no reliable temps have been recorded this week.  But then today I had some CF that seemed like it was gearing up to become fertile - still thick though.  So maybe it's not too late. If I go by FF, I'm on CD15 which is my normal O day.  But I've heard a lot of women say they O later after a mc.  So maybe I haven't O'd yet.  No other signs of it.  Not that I get a lot of signs, but I do get sore boobs afterward, a zit, and bloating.  I did have a little bloating today, but I also get that when stressed and work is crazy stressful right now.  So I took an OPK this evening and it was super light.  So either I already did, or I'm trying to gear up to.  I'll probably keep using them the next few days to see what happens.  If I get a + I will probably revert back to plan A and seduce DH! :nut

Do you check cervical position? For both times I conceived, I never got fertile CM. I went by cervical position and we used pre-seed. The first conception ended in m/c, and the second happened right after and is my dd. The ovulation following m/c was a week or so later in the cycle.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#390 of 1022 Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post

Do you check cervical position? For both times I conceived, I never got fertile CM. I went by cervical position and we used pre-seed. The first conception ended in m/c, and the second happened right after and is my dd. The ovulation following m/c was a week or so later in the cycle.
I don't. But I have heard a lot of women say they O'd later and then there's the whole "more fertile after a mc" thing. I didn't have any EWCM last time either but used pre-seed....thanks tho!

05/14

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page