~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone! I sent an email to my OB/GYN and they said they wouldn't see me until week 8-10, so now I get to start the 6 week wait. I'm praying so hard that everything goes okay.

Badwolf- My fingers are crossed for you! Those sound like good signs!

Rosie- This would be our second cycle trying.

Makeitsew- I'm sure that I would find it difficult too! Hopefully your cycles straighten out soon.

Li5i- Sorry that AF arrived. You're lucky DH is supportive though.

FX for those in the 2ww.

badwolf092087 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 01:08 PM

Tifga Omg i'm so sorry!

#483 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post

well at least rosie got to be right.

number is 8 this morning.

I don't think Rosie enjoys being right about these things, either.  She just knows the signs from it happening.  BUT her, alive and jenjy do know what you are going through.  They are some of the most supportive ladies, despite what they each have gone through.  Take comfort in knowing that what you're feeling and will be feeling, are things they most likely will be able to work through with you.  :)

Obviously I can try my best to be supportive.  I've had miscarriages late into the 1st trimester, and than a couple of chemical.  No matter how it happens, it isn't easy.  And it brings out feelings you didn't know you had or wanted to ever feel.  But just remember, you have a great support team on here, regardless of what everyone has been through personally.  <3

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#484 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffula11 View Post

Thanks everyone! I sent an email to my OB/GYN and they said they wouldn't see me until week 8-10, so now I get to start the 6 week wait. I'm praying so hard that everything goes okay.

Badwolf- My fingers are crossed for you! Those sound like good signs!

Rosie- This would be our second cycle trying.

Makeitsew- I'm sure that I would find it difficult too! Hopefully your cycles straighten out soon.

Li5i- Sorry that AF arrived. You're lucky DH is supportive though.

FX for those in the 2ww.

Thank you!  For your 6WW, I def recommend the beginning of a "pregnancy project."  Helps kill a lot of time.  Or start reading books on a list you have that you just have been meaning to get around to.  :)  Congrats again!

Sarah & DH Alan 

#485 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

tifga, I am so sorry.  There is not much I can say to make it easier, but we are definitely here for you.  Hugs to you.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#486 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

Thank you!  For your 6WW, I def recommend the beginning of a "pregnancy project."  Helps kill a lot of time.  Or start reading books on a list you have that you just have been meaning to get around to.  :)  Congrats again!

Pregnancy project?

#487 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffula11 View Post

Pregnancy project?

Pretty much it's a distraction project to help keep your mind at ease.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#488 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjp1109 View Post

Congrats on the bfps here lately I have not been active in a cpl weeks and I am 2 days past af should of started for normal period lol.. I had the pinching pain the day I should have ovulated I had the same pain and ewcm like I did 14 days before I started in my last cycle. So here's to hoping. smile.gif my sis in law thinks someone is preg me or my other sis in law cuz she is having weird cravings and she can't at all get preg again lol. A few mths ago she Thot the same thing cuz she was getting sick and come to find out her best friend was preg. So I hope she is right and it's me. I have no real signs but my boobs are sore and just needing to pee more lol

I've been wondering where you were!  Have you tested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
ok ladies I am out of my slump. I don't know what my deal was. I had a thought this weekend though. All this early testing seems to lead to so much heartbreak. I wonder if testing was done when period was late if it would save a lot of heartbreak. I wonder how many chemical pregnancies women have and never know. They just have AF and dont think anything of it. Any thoughts?

If I weren't trying, maybe I wouldn't be expecting AF.  And I if I weren't expecting it, then maybe I wouldn't notice if I were a few days late.  I did have one chemical once in which I tested early and got a BFP (on 3 diff tests), but AF came right on time the next day.  That one I would not have noticed for sure.  But my other two chemicals, I didn't start bleeding until a week after AF was due, so I'm fairly certain I would have noticed that.  Sorry you were in a slump.  It happens.  Glad you're feeling better.  Early testing definitely puts me in a bad mood.  If I get a BFN the day AF is due, then it's not AS BAD, but BFNs day after day just depress me.  I was getting really bad about testing early, hoping to be one of those people that get a faint BFP at like 9 dpo, but it's never happened before for me.  When I got BFP with this last chemical, I was 14dpo.  I wouldn't allow myself to test prior to that.  And my mood benefited greatly from it.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li5i View Post

@apeydef I have come to a very similar conclusion. This was our very first month TTC and I POAS first to catch O and then to check for BFP, but it stressed me out tremendously! I think OPKs are alright, because I know it'll turn positive eventually, but HCGs are a whole different story. Next cycle i will use the OPKs but I will not check for BFP until AF is supposed to start.

I know I'd be upset if I had a chemical pregnancy and if I didn't POAS I'd never know. Next cycle I think it'll be fairly easy not to want to POAS every day since we'll be traveling. Just leave the pee sticks at home and whatever happens happens. Now if we're still not pregnant in 3-4 months I may feel differently about all of this, but for now, my resolution is not to POAS until the day AF is supposed to start.

Has anyone else imposed a POAS break on themselves?

I'm thinking I may be here.  After this last chemical, I don't even want to know until I'm like 2 weeks late.  I know that will be impossible, but I'll try....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifga View Post

well at least rosie got to be right.

number is 8 this morning.

That stinks.  Obviously I take no joy in being "right".  I would give anything to be wrong on this one.  I should have kept my mouth shut with my predictions, but I just get super nervous now when I see low betas.  When mine came back at 51 everyone was telling me "that's in the normal range."  But it seems like every post I've read where the pregnancy was successful, betas began at like 500 (or at least something substantially larger than my 51).  I'm really sorry and truly hope you didn't think I was finding satisfaction in being right.  It's not about right or wrong, I was just trying to be realistic.  I just get so tired of everyone sugar coating things.  It gave me false hope and I didn't want to contribute to that.  I think in the back of my mind I knew my # wasn't good, but as people cheered me on I started buying into it.  Then BAM!  It was over.  It's the biggest slap in the face and it's awful to have such extreme happiness ripped away.  I really am sorry and would never wish this on anyone.  I will say - and I don't think this is false hope I'm offering - that one loss doesn't mean you're destined to never have a child.  It happens so often to so many women.  I had one child, then my first chemical and then went on to have two more children without any complications.  You're one step closer knowing that conception is possible.  Hang in there and better luck next time ((hugs))

alive:  welcome back.  I hope your vacation was good.  I'm sure it was much needed.  I HATED that I had to go to work while I was miscarrying.  It was so hard not to break down every hour.  And it's not like you can tell your boss "hey, I'm miscarrying, cut me some slack."  I did end up taking a day and a half off.  But I sure could have used a vacay.  Where did you all cruise to?  And that's exciting about your house. 

AFM:  not much to report here.  I've been doing OPKs kind of hit or miss.  No positives, but I haven't even taken one the past two days.  I'm just not feeling it.  My dr appt is one week from tomorrow anyway.  Based on temps I still don't think I've ovulated, but who knows.  Maybe I won't ovulate at all this month.  I think I might almost be to that point of not even wanting to try anymore.  My job is so stressful and they royally pissed me off a couple of weeks ago.  I got my review and they didn't have one bad thing to say, yet I'm being paid less this year.  Meanwhile my responsibilities and workload have increased.  Screw that.  More work for less pay.  Don't think so.  The dept I'm in is notorious for being crazy stressful and a ton of work.  Anyway, what really pissed me off was my boss told me everyone was being affected this way.  I know that was a lie b/c one of my co-workers told me how she was super excited with her raise.  So BS.  Long story short, I applied for several other positions at my company and already got an interview.  I had that today and I think it went well.  I'm anxious to hear if I get it or not.  I'd love a change and maybe less stress at work would help with baby making.  Baby dust to everyone and hugs to those experiencing loss and sadness right now. 

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#489 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 06:31 PM

alive: forgot to mention too...your brother's girlfriend...WHAT THE HELL IS HER PROBLEM?? I'm sure you don't want to fight with her, but maybe you could send her an email or a text saying "I know you don't mean harm, but your comments on more than one occasion have been very hurtful. Could you just not say anything?" Sheez....

And I'm glad you mentioned your final beta. I was supposed to get mine done last week and still haven't! I keep forgetting!

05/14
#490 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Rosie: I found out I was miscarrying at work and literally had to leave and still broke down as I was leaving. It was horrendous.. and oddly enough I did end up telling my boss. He was actually pretty nice about it and shared with me that his wife had one before going on to have four children.  Luckily, I didn't actually physically miscarry until the day before we left which also sucked but then I basically just had a regular period while cruising. It was only there for about half of the vacation. We went to Puerto Vallerta and Cabo. It was beautiful and so much fun but now I am sick and exhausted. I get to return to work tomorrow, boo. As far as my brother's girlfriend, I don't know what her problem is but I am still internally struggling with whether I should confront her or not. She basically told my whole family I overreacted.. I actually read the following conversation out loud and everyone in my family thought I was actually pretty calm:

Her: are you excited for your cruise?

Me: Yeah, should be fun

Her: I bet, I'm jealous lol

Me: Very much needed after the last two weeks lol

Her: Yeah I bet. Maybe you guys will get lucky on vacation when you are more relaxed !!!

Me: Ha ha I don't even want to get pregnant nor do I think I miscarried because of not being relaxed lol

Her: ok just seems like you have a lot going on right now and stress can cause things like that I wasn't trying to upset you or bring it up

Me: It's okay but I didn't kill my baby with stress it just never developed hence why it ended. I don't expect people to understand it so I'm not mad just trying to explain

Her: well I hope you guys have a good vacation

Me: Thanks

Dammit, I think I am just going to have to be mature and forgive her. I don't know what benefit I would get by yelling at her as she just seems to not get it.

I'm excited for your upcoming dr. appointment, i hope you can get some much needed answers and come up with a game plan. Your boss sounds insane. I was just complaining about only getting a 3.5% raise; I guess I will keep my mouth shut lol. I couldn't imagine doing more for less. I honestly don't feel like I needed my last beta.. I know there is nothing there.. but it was good for closure and it doesn't hurt to make sure. I won't be calling and begging for my results though.. I'm just ready to move on. :)

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#491 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I'm beginning to notice a pattern: 10 days after my last positive ovulation test, AF shows up. Its been exactly 10 days. I have about 5 days positive tests, with the first day being a faint line and the second day being a super dark line. It seems I'm O'ing during the first week of each month. Granted this is only after 3 months of serious tracking but I'm noticing a pattern which  a) still doesn't explain why I'm not getting pregnant despite knowing for sure when I'm O'ing; b) hasn't been this predictable since early last year when I finished BCP; and c) might require some additional tracking such as temping (not sure how well that will work since I literally do not and cannot go to bed at the same time every night and get even 3 hours of straight sleep - you try sleeping straight through the night with kids!)

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#492 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Dammit, I think I am just going to have to be mature and forgive her. I don't know what benefit I would get by yelling at her as she just seems to not get it.

I think taking the high road is probably the best bet here. She may never really understand, in fact I hope she never has an occasion to, and pressing the issue may just make her more defensive.

It's pretty incredible how insensitive people can be when they've never been there. After my second miscarriage I scheduled a trip to Disney World, to relax and ride every ride I couldn't go on while pregnant. A well meaning friend made a comment about how maybe I'd come back with a "souvenir for 9 months later," and I just wanted to scream. At that point I was still having painful flashbacks to my miscarriage (and passing a 12 week old fetus) and was nowhere near thinking about getting pregnant again, much less making a joke about it. People who've never been in your shoes just don't think things through sometimes.

Kita4 likes this.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
#493 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeItSew View Post

I think taking the high road is probably the best bet here. She may never really understand, in fact I hope she never has an occasion to, and pressing the issue may just make her more defensive.
It's pretty incredible how insensitive people can be when they've never been there. After my second miscarriage I scheduled a trip to Disney World, to relax and ride every ride I couldn't go on while pregnant. A well meaning friend made a comment about how maybe I'd come back with a "souvenir for 9 months later," and I just wanted to scream. At that point I was still having painful flashbacks to my miscarriage (and passing a 12 week old fetus) and was nowhere near thinking about getting pregnant again, much less making a joke about it. People who've never been in your shoes just don't think things through sometimes.
I agree....I didn't mean that alive should be combative with her. Just ask her to keep her comments to herself because, while she may think they are helpful, they just aren't. I think she could ask her to pipe down in a way that let's her know she's not mad at her and isn't holding a grudge. Yet at the same time letting Her know that she's not helping.

Ppl don't get it. One of my closest friends told me the other day that maybe this is Gods way of telling me that I shouldn't try to have another. Uh, not helpful. And she even said that maybe I wasn't pregnant at all, maybe I wasn't miscarrying. Like I had just made this up?!?!?? I would never assume I was pregnant without a positive hpt, so I'm not sure why she would think that. I'm not one of those ppl that is 1 day late and says "I'm pregnant", start AF the next day and call it a miscarriage.

I get that ppl don't know what to say sometimes, and forgiveness is good. But I also see nothing wrong with standing up for yourself in a way that let's others know you're not mad at them...you just need their support differently than what they've been offering.

Either way...all of our next babies will be healthy sticky babies, so we won't have to deal with this nonsense again....right?!?!!

05/14
#494 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

Either way...all of our next babies will be healthy sticky babies, so we won't have to deal with this nonsense again....right?!?!!

Omg, yes please! Is it weird if I don't really have the same "yearning" for a child I had before? Don't get me wrong.. I would be super excited if it happened but I'm not aching to get pregnant right now. Maybe because our finances have gotten way more stressful all the sudden, maybe it's because we are about to move into our new house and will have a ton of projects. Not sure, I just know I'm content with where we are and the future will bring what it's supposed to.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#495 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I'm beginning to notice a pattern: 10 days after my last positive ovulation test, AF shows up. Its been exactly 10 days. I have about 5 days positive tests, with the first day being a faint line and the second day being a super dark line. It seems I'm O'ing during the first week of each month. Granted this is only after 3 months of serious tracking but I'm noticing a pattern which  a) still doesn't explain why I'm not getting pregnant despite knowing for sure when I'm O'ing; b) hasn't been this predictable since early last year when I finished BCP; and c) might require some additional tracking such as temping (not sure how well that will work since I literally do not and cannot go to bed at the same time every night and get even 3 hours of straight sleep - you try sleeping straight through the night with kids!)
Ok, so that first OPK is negative then if it's light. The 2nd day is def pos if it's super dark (yay!). So that sounds like a healthy luteal phase length. Let's say you've only been ovulating the past couple of months - since your dr jump started you....that's really not uncommon for you to not be pregnant yet. As far as temping, I know it can be hard. I have insomnia half the week. I do go to bed at fairly regular times, but I wake up randomly and can't sleep for hours afterward. IMO, as long as you can get a couple of hours in, take your temp, then it's close enough. I have 3 kids, one of which is an almost 4 year old that HAS NEVER ONCE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT. He literally gets up every single night and gets in our bed. He tosses and kicks and talks in his sleep. Then you've got freight train snoring DH (I may strangle him)....needless to say, I rarely get a good nights sleep either. But I'm still able to see a decent pattern on my temp chart as long as I take it after at least 2 hours of solid sleep. It wouldn't hurt to try anyway....and I couldn't remember how many cycles you've had now ovulating. Even if it's been 3-4, that's not so bad. It took me 11 months of hard core trying with my first child and there was nothing wrong. Who knows why - there's just too many things that have to align and go right for it to happen. It truly is a miracle.
jenjy likes this.

05/14
#496 of 1022 Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Rosie I haven't tested made a deal with my husband I would wait til wed lol so one more whole day lol
#497 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 AM

I've always had sleep issues, which is part of why temping always fails me. Right now sleep is failing me. I'll fall asleep at 10:30, wake up at 1 or 2am, not fall back to sleep till 4ish. And then I'm up at 7:30. The no sleep gap sometimes is happening twice a night. I need a normal sleep pattern again.

As far as someone insulting or being rude after a miscarriage, they're idiots. Though I'd rather that instead of being looked at like I'm broken. There's no defending against that.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#498 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 126 Post(s)

Alive:Thank you. About the comments. From the looks of the conversation I think she thought maybe she was trying to be nice/helpful, but it was very unnecessary. She obviously has never been through that heartbreak. I get so angry and cry when people say stupid things. I am sorry you are having such a rough time, and I hope you have a friend or someone who is more supportive than her. 

tifga: :grouphug

Rosie: I hope you get a new position at work that isn't so stressful. Stress never helps when TTC. I am sure less stress will be better for you and your family too.

NaturallyMo: This pattern sounds promising.

Updated 

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

#499 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Alive:Thank you. About the comments. From the looks of the conversation I think she thought maybe she was trying to be nice/helpful, but it was very unnecessary. She obviously has never been through that heartbreak. I get so angry and cry when people say stupid things. I am sorry you are having such a rough time, and I hope you have a friend or someone who is more supportive than her. 

Yeah. Some people just don't know how to talk to someone who's going through a loss :(. I'm sorry that happened to you, Alive.

You know those blog posts that go around FB that are like: "10 things not to say to someone who is dealing with depression" and "10 things not to say to someone who has lost a spouse".... they should have one that says "10 things not to say to a woman who has recently been through a miscarriage". It'd educate the world faster ;) 

I'm so sorry tifga :(. No one here finds joy in this news :(.

Badwolf, I am testing on Monday, too. I'll be 12DPO then.

AFM: Eeeeek! I am so excited to see what this month may bring. I've been really crampy, and also nauseous, but I feel it's too early to have that @ 6DPO ? Maybe I ate something funny yesterday. That very well could be the case. I had my advisor come in and evaluate me in my ESL classroom last night while I taught, so I was really anxious for most of the day & didn't eat vey well. Oops :/

Married August 2012 .......    Baby BOY due Jan 6!
Love my two monstersMalamute & Newfoundland
#500 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

Good point @rosie2727

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#501 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

Yeah. Some people just don't know how to talk to someone who's going through a loss :(. I'm sorry that happened to you, Alive.

You know those blog posts that go around FB that are like: "10 things not to say to someone who is dealing with depression" and "10 things not to say to someone who has lost a spouse".... they should have one that says "10 things not to say to a woman who has recently been through a miscarriage". It'd educate the world faster ;) 

I'm so sorry tifga :(. No one here finds joy in this news :(.

Badwolf, I am testing on Monday, too. I'll be 12DPO then.

AFM: Eeeeek! I am so excited to see what this month may bring. I've been really crampy, and also nauseous, but I feel it's too early to have that @ 6DPO ? Maybe I ate something funny yesterday. That very well could be the case. I had my advisor come in and evaluate me in my ESL classroom last night while I taught, so I was really anxious for most of the day & didn't eat vey well. Oops :/

I'm not nauseous, except when I ate a taco.  But I'm blaming DH for putting onions.  I've had all the other symptoms, and still keep getting the heartburn even when I have a glass of OJ.  That is completely out of the norm for me.  Fingers crossed for both of us!!  Also, eat!

jenjy likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#502 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 09:35 AM

@Truffula11 so I thought AF showed, but false alarm.

I'm now on CD 31, which is the longest cycle I've had since I started keeping track in September. I know the days getting longer (way way North near Canada) effects my cycle length, so I'm chalking that up to the more abundant day light.

I woke up super nauseous this morning, but then got a BFN, so I'm 99% certain I'm out for this cycle. I'm just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for AF to show so I can get this next cycle started.

I started taking my temperature yesterday and tracking CF (really liking the Kindara app I found for my phone) so we'll be better informed and better prepared for this next cycle. I'm already a little worried for this next cycle though since we'll be traveling for two weeks. If AF shows tomorrow we'll be traveling starting on CD 27, so I guess at least O and the important BD would be done before then.

The nerd in me is loving this charting business, making pretty graphs and collecting data :)

Married to my best friend since 1/14, TTC#1
BFP 3/24/14
Full-time grad student, part-time farmer.
#503 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:

@Truffula11
so I thought AF showed, but false alarm.

I'm now on CD 31, which is the longest cycle I've had since I started keeping track in September. I know the days getting longer (way way North near Canada) effects my cycle length, so I'm chalking that up to the more abundant day light.

I woke up super nauseous this morning, but then got a BFN, so I'm 99% certain I'm out for this cycle. I'm just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for AF to show so I can get this next cycle started.

I started taking my temperature yesterday and tracking CF (really liking the Kindara app I found for my phone) so we'll be better informed and better prepared for this next cycle. I'm already a little worried for this next cycle though since we'll be traveling for two weeks. If AF shows tomorrow we'll be traveling starting on CD 27, so I guess at least O and the important BD would be done before then.

The nerd in me is loving this charting business, making pretty graphs and collecting data smile.gif
Oh no @innacirclewe have another nerd on our hands lol

DH 31; Me 30; DD 6; DS 1; Baby boy due Dec 17th

#504 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 10:01 AM

I'm a professional nerd - really! I'm working on a doctorate in biology, my whole life is data and charts and graphs and measurements. I can't wait to see a pattern in by BBT! My poor husband, he's already being subjected to my charts.

BFP 3/24/14
#505 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

The nerd in me is loving this charting business, making pretty graphs and collecting data :)

Tracking cycles is great for that :) I'm really fascinated by the whole thing.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#506 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:

All this early testing seems to lead to so much heartbreak. I wonder if testing was done when period was late if it would save a lot of heartbreak. I wonder how many chemical pregnancies women have and never know. They just have AF and dont think anything of it. Any thoughts?

For me, I would be happy with BFP no matter the outcome. At least it means conception is possible..... 

Early testing gets so discouraging though. I wish I can be one of those ladies who finds out she's pregnant when she's already a few months along.

#2 due December 2014!
#507 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 12:55 PM

CD 10 yesterday, and last night had long stringy stretchy cloudy mucus after wiping (sorry if TMI...). Is that EWCM?? Cervix was low and firm, and opk negative. I had an ultrasound yesterday and the largest follicle was only 11, so isn't it way too early for EWCM?

#2 due December 2014!
#508 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hey everyone, sorry been away for a few days- work, not feeling well, busy- trying to keep myself busy etc. 7

Just wanted to stop in and say "Hi" and hugs to everyone.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#509 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
@girlspn I usually assume that clearish cm when I shouldn't expect ewcm is mr's swimmers- but tbh I don't often know much about what I'm talking about when it comes to ttc! All these months and still like a newbie... There's certainly a lot to learn!

@Li5i I really enjoy the number bending/looking at probabilities with charting too. Are you on fertility friend? Chart-stalking is a very easy-to-acquire hobby on there smile.gif

Good luck to everyone testing soon! And I'm sorry that some of you lovely ladies are experiencing such bad feeling/unkind words following your losses ( I hope that I'm not being insensitive by not tagging you in- reached my scrolling limit for this reply) although it seems that its friends, families and medical people and not you DP's, so hopefully you are getting lotsa love and support on that front.

AFM- I've calculated that my next cycles O date coincides with a full moon. And would give me a pretty poetic due date (a birthday of a gentle, dear woman who left this world earlier this year). So although I'm not disregarding this current cycle, I feel a little like next month is 'meant to be'. We shall see!

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
#510 of 1022 Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM

@alittlemischief i'm not on fertility friend, I think I should stay away or my productivity at work will teach absolute zero...

BFP 3/24/14

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page