~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

The notes I have say at 6 weeks, 1 day I had my first exam and it was a few days prior to that I started having these pain episodes. I remember asking the dr about it at that appt. So I'd say 5.5 weeks. And I was spotting.

Ok. I was thinking maybe this was too early for me to even be feeling pains of an ectopic. I'm somewhere between 4w and 4w4d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

dmariev - the first time I got pg, I had lots of pains in my ovaries - mostly on one side.  I described it over the phone to the doc's office and they had me come in same day.  I told the doc it felt like a herd of buffalo was running through my pelvic region and she said this is very normal... that the ovaries are put into high gear to produce progesterone and estrogen.  I was approx 18dpo at the time.  She did some labs and everything came out within range and the aches did fade after a few weeks.

Thanks for telling me that. I feel a bit better. I've had the pains a couple times this afternoon on the right side as well, so maybe that's what it is.

I'm going to try to hold out till my appt next Wednesday. If the pain gets worse, I think I'll just go to the ER

Thank you ladies.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

Ok. I was thinking maybe this was too early for me to even be feeling pains of an ectopic. I'm somewhere between 4w and 4w4d.
Thanks for telling me that. I feel a bit better. I've had the pains a couple times this afternoon on the right side as well, so maybe that's what it is.

I'm going to try to hold out till my appt next Wednesday. If the pain gets worse, I think I'll just go to the ER

Thank you ladies.

Okay, so I've had some mild pains.  Like the nutcase that I am, I called my OB.  He laughed.  He said that my stomach is stretching and producing all sorts of new hormones and making space for the baby.  The only reason the pains should be a worry is if they are equal to cycle pain and are accompanied by blood.  He also said there probably will be pressure from the gas.  Which he has been very correct about.

The point of this little story.  You have absolutely nothing to worry about.  He also told me that if an ectopic were happening, you would be on the floor and not able to do pretty much anything.  You and I are pretty much about the same time frame for our pregnancies.  have you scheduled your first appointment yet?

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

Okay, so I've had some mild pains.  Like the nutcase that I am, I called my OB.  He laughed.  He said that my stomach is stretching and producing all sorts of new hormones and making space for the baby.  The only reason the pains should be a worry is if they are equal to cycle pain and are accompanied by blood.  He also said there probably will be pressure from the gas.  Which he has been very correct about.

The point of this little story.  You have absolutely nothing to worry about.  He also told me that if an ectopic were happening, you would be on the floor and not able to do pretty much anything.  You and I are pretty much about the same time frame for our pregnancies.  have you scheduled your first appointment yet?

Thank you for this. My first OB apt is next Wednesday.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

You and I are pretty much about the same time frame for our pregnancies.

And me. smile.gif My first appt isn't until 4/24 though. I was 5 weeks yesterday, though, and I've heard the HB on my own at about 8 weeks a couple of other times, so I'm breaking out the doppler in three more weeks.

Those of you who've had ectopics, I'm so sorry that you went through that, but I thank you for sharing your stories. I get irrationally fearful every time that every little twinge of pain must be because surely the pregnancy is ectopic this time (and now that I have a c-section in my past, my risk is higher, I think I saw somewhere). It's helpful to know what degree of pain an ectopic causes. hug.gif:

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

And me. smile.gif My first appt isn't until 4/24 though. I was 5 weeks yesterday, though, and I've heard the HB on my own at about 8 weeks a couple of other times, so I'm breaking out the doppler in three more weeks.

Those of you who've had ectopics, I'm so sorry that you went through that, but I thank you for sharing your stories. I get irrationally fearful every time that every little twinge of pain must be because surely the pregnancy is ectopic this time (and now that I have a c-section in my past, my risk is higher, I think I saw somewhere). It's helpful to know what degree of pain an ectopic causes. hug.gif:

My OB has been really good about telling me the truth and what to expect in different situations. It's worth paying a lot out of pocket to see him. My appointment is April 9th. My sister was like 'make it the 2nd so I can be there!' Uh no. She's the one who one moment is pro pregnancy, and the next talks about how we should've waited longer. I'm going to be huge at her wedding. Oops.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 03-27-2014, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:

Thank you ladies.
I agree, if it gets worse, go to ER. But I will add that they won't be able to do anything. They will test your betas, and may do an US. But this early in the game, I don't think US would show anything. I think after 5-6 weeks, a sac could be seen though.

I just know I went to te ER enough times to realize tht they aren't gonna do much for me. Nothing my own OB wouldn't do for me or a lot less money. But yah, if the pain is awful, you should still go cause you don't want to have a tube rupture!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I started a new batch of 88 cent walmart sticks and they're different, they don't get as dark and my Wondfos have been all over the place, so I decided to use some FRERs to track progression. This is yesterday and today - is this good? Are FRERs good at tracking progression? Does anyone have experience with FRERs and chemical pregnancies? Are these dark enough to be "out of chemical pregnancy territory"?

And because I'm a worrier I called the midwives office this morning and asked for blood work, so they did the blood work this morning. Theyr'e closed tomorrow, I'll call them on Monday and see what the hcg is. I'll probably ask them to do another one on Monday too. That'll hopefully ease my mind a little bit.

Married to my best friend since 1/14, TTC#1
BFP 3/24/14
Full-time grad student, part-time farmer.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

FRERs are very good at tracking progression in my experience.  I think that is OK so far.  You will probably find that once today's dries a bit, it will look more impressively different than yesterday's.  ETA I should add I don't think a FRER can really tell you if you are out of danger just by how much darker it gets... but I do think it can give someone a warning by not getting darker, or by going lighter.

Hi everyone else.. hoping to get caught up here today smile.gif

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM

Li5i: I think those look good. The only thing I have to compare to is the following. I found out it was chemical at 5 + 2. But I hadn't taken anymore FRERs...

05/14
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM

I can post a couple sets of mine later today, too.  

Old 03-27-2014, 09:11 AM

Thank you @jenjy and @rosie2727.

Going by O I"m only 4 weeks and 3-5 days. LMP puts me at 5w4d, which I know is too much. I just want to get to 6 weeks, then I'll take a breath :/ (and, I'm sure, immediately find something else to freak out about)

BFP 3/24/14
Old 03-27-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li5i View Post

So I started a new batch of 88 cent walmart sticks and they're different, they don't get as dark and my Wondfos have been all over the place, so I decided to use some FRERs to track progression. This is yesterday and today - is this good? Are FRERs good at tracking progression? Does anyone have experience with FRERs and chemical pregnancies? Are these dark enough to be "out of chemical pregnancy territory"?
And because I'm a worrier I called the midwives office this morning and asked for blood work, so they did the blood work this morning. Theyr'e closed tomorrow, I'll call them on Monday and see what the hcg is. I'll probably ask them to do another one on Monday too. That'll hopefully ease my mind a little bit.

I think those lines look great!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 AM

My cheapie took a long time to darken up this morning. I think it's lighter than yesterday's. I need to stop poas and just wait. It's so hard though.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:

My cheapie took a long time to darken up this morning. I think it's lighter than yesterday's. I need to stop poas and just wait. It's so hard though.

My cheapie was lighter yesterday than the day before and today only about as light as yesterday. maddening. I'll rest a little easier once I hear back about the blood work on Monday, hopefully.

BFP 3/24/14
Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:

My cheapie was lighter yesterday than the day before and today only about as light as yesterday. maddening. I'll rest a little easier once I hear back about the blood work on Monday, hopefully.

Your cheapies are from Wal-Mart, right?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:19 AM

I have some Wondfos too @dmariev, both the Wondfos and Walmart cheapies didn't get darker from two days ago.

BFP 3/24/14
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I made an appointment to see doctor. 16 April. Yay not a long wait!

I dread making appointments because the receptionist is an arse!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:

I have some Wondfos too @dmariev
, both the Wondfos and Walmart cheapies didn't get darker from two days ago.

Darn these cheapie tests! Your FRER's look great though! I'm sure your numbers will come back good.

I have one FRER left, but I'm afraid to take it. If it's light too, then I don't think I'll have much hope left. I wish Wednesday would get here already.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM

In my experience, Wondfos and dollar store are lousy for seeing progression.  (Never did Walmart 88cent ones but I imagine they are the same story.)  Great for early testing though since they are so cheap.  

chilee, I am so excited you are back!  yay for no snip!!!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry guys, theres so much to get caught up right now. This forum has been flying! I've got a question for all you chart stalkers out there, why did I get a temp dip today at 11 dpo? I normally have a couple more days in my post O phase. Is AF gonna come early? Ugh. I hope not. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/465eee 

btw I dont record BDing once I get cross hairs. Not gonna lie, it takes too much effort lol.

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for 2 years. Momma to baby Castiel
Old 03-27-2014, 11:21 AM

OK, here are my FRER progression pics from the pregnancy I just lost at 4 weeks + 6 days.

I got my first faint positive at 9DPO.  I had HCG drawn at 11 DPO afternoon and it was 53.  That's very good for 11 DPO.   My 11DPO evening test looks lighter than the 11DPO morning one, but the control line is also lighter.  It should be thrown out of the comparison, but I don't have the tests anymore and these are the pictures I have.  I wrote in the hcg result kind of in the time when it was drawn.

Now here is a group picture of day-to-previous-day comparisons for the next set of DPO.   I had hcg drawn again at 13DPO.  It was 111.  Again, that is pretty good for 13 DPO.  Doubling time had slowed a bit, though it was still less than 48 hours.  After 15DPO, I stopped FRER'ing it because I had a 2-3 week result on a digital (meaning 4-5 weeks pregnant and likely the hcg was in the 200's) and I was happy with that.  18DPO I spotted, so I took a FRER and while it was a bit darker than 15DPO, it should have been MUCH darker since 3 days had gone by.

That afternoon, I had my hcg drawn.  Since I was interested to know what my FRER would look like at a given exact hcg, I took a FRER immediately before my draw.  The FRER is obviously lighter than my 18DPO morning one, and the hcg came back at 122.  So the hcg probably peaked somewhere between 16 and 17 DPO then started going down.  

I was very glad I had a warning.  Made it much easier to hear that 122 result.

I'll can post my FRER's from my 8 week miscarriage as well.  Once they hit a certain saturation, they don't really get darker and I don't even know if I have pictures.  But I can post what I've got.  Will do later.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siuann View Post

Sorry guys, theres so much to get caught up right now. This forum has been flying! I've got a question for all you chart stalkers out there, why did I get a temp dip today at 11 dpo? I normally have a couple more days in my post O phase. Is AF gonna come early? Ugh. I hope not. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/465eee 

btw I dont record BDing once I get cross hairs. Not gonna lie, it takes too much effort lol.

I think it can really mean anything/nothing.  Sorry, I know that is not helpful!!  I will be honest though, if my temp starts tanking, I usually assume I'm out.  Having said that though, my temp nose-dived last cycle starting at 7 DPO and didn't head back up until 12 DPO... and I still ended up pregnant.   You can find charts on FF to support pretty much any theory!  

Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 AM

@Kita4 I thought what you posted about Will was very helpful and encouraging and I am glad you posted it.  :heartbeat   I will admit, my fear would be the medical procedures that a little one would likely go through.  My DS had to go through some medical stuff and it was nothing compared to something like open heart surgery, and even that broke my heart to see him in pain.  I like to see encouraging stories, especially since I am 40.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

OK, here are my FRER progression pics from the pregnancy I just lost at 4 weeks + 6 days.

I got my first faint positive at 9DPO.  I had HCG drawn at 11 DPO afternoon and it was 53.  That's very good for 11 DPO.   My 11DPO evening test looks lighter than the 11DPO morning one, but the control line is also lighter.  It should be thrown out of the comparison, but I don't have the tests anymore and these are the pictures I have.  I wrote in the hcg result kind of in the time when it was drawn.

Now here is a group picture of day-to-previous-day comparisons for the next set of DPO.   I had hcg drawn again at 13DPO.  It was 111.  Again, that is pretty good for 13 DPO.  Doubling time had slowed a bit, though it was still less than 48 hours.  After 15DPO, I stopped FRER'ing it because I had a 2-3 week result on a digital (meaning 4-5 weeks pregnant and likely the hcg was in the 200's) and I was happy with that.  18DPO I spotted, so I took a FRER and while it was a bit darker than 15DPO, it should have been MUCH darker since 3 days had gone by.

That afternoon, I had my hcg drawn.  Since I was interested to know what my FRER would look like at a given exact hcg, I took a FRER immediately before my draw.  The FRER is obviously lighter than my 18DPO morning one, and the hcg came back at 122.  So the hcg probably peaked somewhere between 16 and 17 DPO then started going down.  

I was very glad I had a warning.  Made it much easier to hear that 122 result.

I'll can post my FRER's from my 8 week miscarriage as well.  Once they hit a certain saturation, they don't really get darker and I don't even know if I have pictures.  But I can post what I've got.  Will do later.

Thank you for sharing these!

BFP 3/24/14
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

Okay..... I have an honest question about this whole obsessive stick peeing thing, and please please please no one get upset.

At what point do you stop checking/peeing on a stick everyday once you know you're prego and just let it go? When do you plan to stop stressing and let your body do its thing, as checking the stick every day will not change the outcome.  2 months? 4 months? Those who have been pregnant before what did YOU do? 

This is a sincere question :). I repeat, a sincere question... from someone who has never been prego and has no experience (but may think peeing on a stick multiple times every day is sort of pointless).

Once they hit a certain level, they won't go darker.  I plan on testing for a week or so after a BFP, then intermittent after that.  My first pregnancy was 14 weeks along when we discovered the baby had stopped developing at ~11 weeks.  I know FRERs aren't useful at that point, but I learned from that experience that I really dislike bad surprises.  So if something as simple as a non-invasive pee test can give me some information in early pregnancy that I wouldn't have until later otherwise, then I will take it.  Edited to add... even given that experience, we did not do U/S/doppler with DS and DD.  

Quote:

Already done with appt...

I felt it went ok. He did mention that I'm not exactly young, but I'm certainly not too old at 38. He said that he would estimate my mc chances at 40% right now, and chances of a healthy pregnancy 60%. He told me I could take aspirin, which I started last weekend anyway, and he wants me to start progesterone supplementation 3dpo. Says it won't sustain an unhealthy pregnancy, but will help a healthy one. He sent me for tons of bloodwork. I think he's testing thyroid, autoimmune issues, and idk what else. He said to call back in a week for those results. Unless something comes back bad - then he'll send me for further testing. But overall I felt like he seemed fairly optimistic that I could have another baby...it just might take some time and possibly more miscarriages before it happens. DH seemed ok, but he wants to know that we won't get pregnant with a special needs child. Idk what he expects....no one can provide that guarantee. I felt like when dr said there's no reason to think we can't have a healthy pregnancy, that he also meant it's a good possibility that we could have a "healthy" baby. DH said "healthy pregnancy doesn't mean healthy baby to me". He wants to hear some guarantee that he's not going to hear. Ever. But he didn't even ask the dr about those concerns while we were there. He said he wants to wait and see what the dr says after bloodwork comes back. I just feel like with all these early losses of mine, that my body is great at recognizing an unhealthy pregnancy. And that when we catch a good egg, everything will be fine.

I love this update.  (And btw, my DH had similar thinking when we talked about starting TTC #3.)  I am super hopeful for you!!   

Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

Once they hit a certain level, they won't go darker.  I plan on testing for a week or so after a BFP, then intermittent after that.  My first pregnancy was 14 weeks along when we discovered the baby had stopped developing at ~11 weeks.  I know FRERs aren't useful at that point, but I learned from that experience that I really dislike bad surprises.  So if something as simple as a non-invasive pee test can give me some information in early pregnancy that I wouldn't have until later otherwise, then I will take it.  Edited to add... even given that experience, we did not do U/S/doppler with DS and DD.  

I only took two HPTs with each of my first 3 pregnancies and felt confident that they were dark enough to not continue.

However, I continued to take my temperature every day for the first 6 weeks of my first 2 pregnancies. With my first pregnancy, I noticed a temperature drop from 98.4 to 98.0 that occurred 2 days before I miscarried, and I am grateful for that drop (even though everybody told me to stop worrying and stop temping because it means nothing after a BFP) because it mentally prepared me that something could be wrong... even though I didn't quite believe it until I started bleeding 2 days later. With my second pregnancy (DS), my temperature never dropped below 98.3 after my BFP. I stopped temping at 6 weeks because I was feeling reassured by the temperatures staying up and my blood tests coming back strong (at 5 weeks, 5w5d and 6 weeks). Although I still didn't fully believe I was pregnant until I had an ultrasound at 11 weeks.

With my 3rd pregnancy, I was completely laid back and positive everything was going well (no HPTs, only one HCG draw, no temping) until I miscarried at 11 weeks.

With my 4th pregnancy, I never truly believed it was going to last. I tested multiple times/day for a week, but the lines never seemed dark enough. I took my temperature regularly and worried about the fluctuation. Incidentally, @Siuann, I had a temperature dip at 11 dpo that cycle and thought I was out, but it went back up the next day, so I decided to test at 13 dpo. It kept going up and down after that, and it was giving me major anxiety, along with the HPTs. I took the Clearblue test at 5 weeks and it said I was 5+ weeks along, so that relieved some of my anxiety, but then I got my blood drawn at 6 weeks and 7 weeks and it just barely doubled in that time, so that concerned me, even though the doctor said I was within the normal range. I finally started spotting at 9 weeks and had another blood draw, which showed a slight decrease from my draw at 7 weeks, which the doctor said could be normal as it starts to decrease after about 8 weeks? But along with the bleeding, I had lost any hope I might have had by that time. I had an u/s and d&c a couple days later. I'm actually surprised the pregnancy lasted as long as it did as it was a blighted ovum.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Oh how I wish I could be 26 again, get my very first BFP and never look back. Of course I worried, but not like I do now. Or to the extent I do now. That's why I sometimes wonder if I can even handle all this stress. If I can just get thru this one more time, I'll be saying goodbye to all this nonsense!!

05/14
Old 03-27-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Oh how I wish I could be 26 again, get my very first BFP and never look back. Of course I worried, but not like I do now. Or to the extent I do now. That's why I sometimes wonder if I can even handle all this stress. If I can just get thru this one more time, I'll be saying goodbye to all this nonsense!!

I've got all my FX for you! It used to be so much easier! Darn you thirties!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Well I'm 23 and I still lost a pregnancy so maybe I'm just extra lucky. wink1.gif I don't think I'll ever have a worry free pregnancy after that.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Had my meeting with my new OB today. She seemed very nice, & also very knowledgeable which helped a lot. She's kind of edgy/punk looking, which I'm like the totally opposite style so I liked her right away :). Just someone different, ya know?

She wants me to get my blood drawn on CD3 and CD22 to check for appropriate estrogen and progesterone levels. She also wants my DH to get a SA done. My husband is going to be heartbroken if his results come back low. Ugh :( I honestly really hope the issue is me and not him because I really don't want to deal with the fallback and him becoming depressed about his potential inability to produce a child. Me, I can handle. Him, I know he will be an absolute mess for a while. It will really take away a piece of his manhood for him. But that's what marriage is about right? Sticking together and being there for each other for better or for worse :). I'm just dreading it if the issue is with him, even though I know there are things that can be done to help sperm count. Time will only tell with that. That test will be soon though.

If all that comes back normal, she thinks that I have an issue with endometriosis (on top of my lining shedding all at once during periods- OUCH!!!) and wants me to have a Hysterosalipinogram/HSG (sp?) done in the hospital asap. I hope our insurrance covers that; she said it's like a $1,500 procedure here. YIKES. I already had the balloon/saline test done and that hurt like hell, so I was glad to hear that for this one they would put me under. Clomid and progesterone are next on the list as well.

Anywho, I finally caved and told my mom we have been trying. She got pregnant with me the first month they were TTC, and I feel like she didn't really know how to be super supportive over the phone... but her heart behind her words is what counts I suppose :). I know she loves and supports us.

My OB also wants to count us TTC since July because that's when we stopped BC and weren't really being careful with condom use. DH wants to count October since that is when we were being more conscious about it with my fertile days and such. Idk... what do you ladies think? I suppose it doesn't really matter now since more tests are being done, but whatever. 

@Alivewithyou  we are the same age : ). I'm so sorry you had to experience such a loss so young :Hug .

Married August 2012 .......    Baby BOY due Jan 6!
Love my two monstersMalamute & Newfoundland

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List