~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#961 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yep!  . TriNessa.  I started a brand new pack this morning before M. and I agreed we'd definitely try again.  I was planning a trip to AZ for a spiritual conference in July, but that's now on the backburner.  :wink  I'm going to have to read up on charting and all that again.  I read TCOYF many years ago.  I hope it's at the library. 

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#962 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

I think it would be kind of fun to announce a real pregnancy on April 1st! With that said, I will be waiting a long time before announcing my next pregnancy. How many weeks will you be on April 1st?

I'll only be 6 weeks (and just barely), but I'm a huge blabbermouth about pregnancies and have trouble waiting even THIS long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

It's taken a lot of therapy to get to the point I'm at today.  I literally went into the "darkest of times" after everything happened, and eventually ended up on happy pills to make it better.  I miss him all the time, and there's not a moment where I don't think of him or bring him up.  People think I'm weird for being able to talk about him, but it's better than pretending he didn't exist.
I very much sympathize with you. We had our Jonathan with us for a longer time (27 days) but it was still hard for a long time afterwards, once the shock wore off. He would be almost two and a half now and I can mostly talk about him just fine now, but there are still times where I tear up. I imagine it will be that way forever.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#963 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

I'll only be 6 weeks (and just barely), but I'm a huge blabbermouth about pregnancies and have trouble waiting even THIS long.
I very much sympathize with you. We had our Jonathan with us for a longer time (27 days) but it was still hard for a long time afterwards, once the shock wore off. He would be almost two and a half now and I can mostly talk about him just fine now, but there are still times where I tear up. I imagine it will be that way forever.

This is about the time 5 years ago I found out I was pregnant with Connor.  And now I'm pregnant with his little brother/sister.  It seems too surreal.  And I can't believe he would be 5 this year.  If he was with us, I would be getting ready for him to start school.  God time flies..

I think I'm 5w1d, give or take my stupid short cycle back in February.  We've told the people we are close with.  It would've been hard to hide since I am no longer drinking coffee or doing anything I normally would.  And taking naps at like 3:30 each day.  When's your first US?

Also, can someone explain rainbow baby to me?  I keep forgetting to ask.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#964 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 03:32 PM

Rainbow baby is the one you have after a loss.  

I'm so very sorry to hear about Connor.  Many hugs.  :Hug

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#965 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post

Rainbow baby is the one you have after a loss.  

I'm so very sorry to hear about Connor.  Many hugs.  :Hug

Ahh that makes sense now.  And thanks.  

Kita4 likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#966 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post

I think I'm 5w1d, give or take my stupid short cycle back in February.  We've told the people we are close with.  It would've been hard to hide since I am no longer drinking coffee or doing anything I normally would.  And taking naps at like 3:30 each day.  When's your first US?

I'm not having an early ultrasound, but my first appointment I'll be far enough along to hear the HB via Doppler.
Kita4 likes this.

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#967 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Man, this thread moves fast- not even sure where to start in posting all my personals this evening. 

Hello to everyone and welcome to everyone new.

I agree its hard to remember everyone 's story.

Still waiting for our appointment on Wednesday in the city with the urologist.

AntoninBeGonin likes this.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#968 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome, Antoninbegonin :).

Badwolf, and Harmony.... again, so sorry for both of your losses. I feel your stories are full of encouragement and hope as you share how you are overcoming grief and moving forward with your lives in the midst of great pain. You are truly inspirational & your sons will never be forgotten, nor should they be. May God bless you both with happy, healthy babes. I think pills are absolutely necessary at times and I do not look down at the use of them at all. They are a wonderful tool that has helped millions. 

Onewithtwo - My friend is getting married next month to a man who has had a DOUBLE vasectomy reversal. He was in a previous marriage where the woman changed her mind two times snip, then un-snip, then snip again. Now he is marrying someone else and recently had surgery to reverse it again, and their Doc says everything looks good and gave them a pretty positive outlook for making those babies. Crazy, huh? I'll let you know how that goes ;). But hopefully you guys will already be expecting another little bean by then.

Any news on O, Alive? How are those chart temps, Rosie?

Jenjy- I'm hoping they are able to come up with a treatment plan on Tuesday. I really don't know how many more of those episodes I can take... I am sort of battling the fear of the unknown as they can happen at any time around my period. Should I just stay home then and avoid another public scene? What about my work? My education? I'm trying not to stress.

Siuann- Please know that although I have not been trying for as long as you, I do understand that this is so so very hard and am right there with you in this journey. My hubby is getting an SA done this week and we are talking about the potential for fertility drugs as well. I sincerely hope you have a healthy pregnancy by May & won't have to go on any drug treatments. :) babydust to you. 

Personally, I would just like the "comfort" of knowing that I can even get pregnant at all. Although, I am all about the value of life and can't bear the thought of  potential life dying inside of me. Mothers who have experienced this, I look to you as inspiring warriors who are fighting well and I do respect you greatly. I can't imagine what you have been through and am so sorry for your losses. May you all be blessed with sticky babies too. 

I'm a little nervous about my appt on Tuesday. I'm also having a hard time because I don't know anyone who has experienced episodes like mine, and would just like to talk with someone who knows that I'm going through. I know I'm not alone in this... unfortunately there are women do face the unpleasantry of passing casts, but I don't know any. Maybe that's a good thing I don't know any, less people suffering- yay! :)

On another note, if things don't go well at my appt.... Hubby and I have talked about adoption and agree that whether we can have a child or not, we would like to pursue adoption at least once in our lifetime. 

badwolf092087 likes this.

Married August 2012 .......    Baby BOY due Jan 6!
Love my two monstersMalamute & Newfoundland
#969 of 1022 Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Okay here goes my personals- sorry if I miss anyone in advance. Hello @devilish and @chilee

Wow....I haven't posted in 4 days- 7 pages ago. See what I mean about flying by.....

Still in waiting mode- sorry. I was really down about my job ending but my husband reminded me that now we have time to devote to our journey into parenthood- really positive to think this way

@Harmony96 -congrats dear. I know that I am so excited about trying that I am not sure if I will be able to keep my mouth shut when we get pregnant either.

@badwolf092087 -sorry to hear about Connor. Congrats on your current pregnancy. I can only imagine how much therapy you needed- I also underwent a lot of therapy to deal with my husband's accident and my previous miscarriages. I had some dark days and I am happy to be putting that behind me now. Glad your mother in law is happy/excited.

@AntoninBeGonin- Hello and welcome back

@Siuann- sorry to hear about your dog.

@NSmomtobe- I love the term "open to life"- very positive sounding.

@Kita4- hope your ultrasound goes well and you get some answers. I had to look endometrial cast up too and it looked painful. Sorry it was so embarassing dear

@OneWithTwo- good luck after the reversal

@rosie2727- I always have to eat when drinking because otherwise I do not feel well

Hello and welcome @LoveChild421

@Alivewithyou- Seems you have a solid plan

@jenjy- glad you ovulated this month!

@dmariev- Hope things are continuing to progress normally dear

@Li5i- hope you are doing well dear

badwolf092087 likes this.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#970 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 AM

Hey @tinytina & @Kita4

Thanks for the welcomes!  It's nice to be on this journey again, especially after so long.  I've been learning about charting this morning.  I downloaded the Fertility Friend app to my iPhone a few minutes ago.  I'm going to buy a basal thermometer as soon as my money goes on my credit card (hurry up hurry up!).  

#971 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:

Hey @tinytina & @Kita4

Thanks for the welcomes!  It's nice to be on this journey again, especially after so long.  I've been learning about charting this morning.  I downloaded the Fertility Friend app to my iPhone a few minutes ago.  I'm going to buy a basal thermometer as soon as my money goes on my credit card (hurry up hurry up!).  

When I was allowed to temp (DH made me stop for a while, long story), the Walmart brand ones were fantastic.  They do have cheapie pregnancy tests as well.  Don't let Fertility Friend overwhelm you.  Just use what you need.  

Sarah & DH Alan 

#972 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Waiting to know

cd 20 so 8 days to af shows up.

i usually read in the middle of the night or while bf'ing. By the time i get to the computer to comment i have pretty much forgotten everything. 

I cant go without commenting to badwolf and harmony and the loss of their children <3

I am one of those awkward people that  can never say the right thing and is dread the thought off hurting someones feelings. So i wont say the right thing to you now, but just want to recognise you.

#973 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

old and slow, but i just realized something.

in december i had a CP that was my first time having a period of 1.5-2 days and very light. af has stayed like that since. before i had 3 days of med flow and a little brown spotting after

#974 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I had a wonderfully semi-stress free weekend, which was perfectly timed because I should O sometime this week. My birthday is next month and it would be awesome to have a BFP for a birthday present.

I'm still trying to figure out Fertility Friend. Sigh. This thing just has so much going on. And I'm confused about how the accounts work. I am only free for 30 days and then I have to pay for an account?

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#975 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi all,

Sorry I don't have many personals as I've lost track of this thread a bit.

Kita, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through & I hope you get some answers with the u/s!

Siuann, sorry to hear about your dog. Cute picture of him.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM: I have a question for anyone who might have ideas. I tend to get spotting before AF, used to be up to 7 days but the last 6-7 cycles has gotten it down to 3-4 (I've been doing acupuncture & taking Vit b6 & made dietary changes... Lots of stuff, not sure if any of it's to credit). So I posted that I had some spotting at around DPO8, well it hasn't stopped. Well, it did stop yesterday but then it's started again today! I'm now DPO14, no sign of AF yet. Thing is, before AF the spotting gets darker & brighter red but this spotting has consistently been light & brown. I'm wondering if I could be pregnant but it seems silly of me to keep hoping for that this cycle. I'm so tired of all the spotting & no one can tell me what it's due to but my acupuncturist is worried that I won't be able to get pregnant if I'm spotting before AF... She's the only one whose concerned (not my Dr or gyn). I just wish AF would come already. Sorry, just had to vent!! I'm not so upset about likely not getting pregnant this cycle it's just my irregular cycle makes me crazy!!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#976 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I had a wonderfully semi-stress free weekend, which was perfectly timed because I should O sometime this week. My birthday is next month and it would be awesome to have a BFP for a birthday present.

I'm still trying to figure out Fertility Friend. Sigh. This thing just has so much going on. And I'm confused about how the accounts work. I am only free for 30 days and then I have to pay for an account?
It's always free. First 30 days you have VIP membership for free though. It allows you to do more. After that, it's still free, you just lose a lot of options and your chart doesn't have as much info on it each month. Glad you had a fun weekend before O week!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#977 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Ladies I will take the time to scroll through properly and make personals later. I'm just checking in and saying hi. I'm chilling at 6dpo according to ff but I think/hope I may be 7. Because of the late O I think I've done all my stressing this cycle, even the tww testing itch isn't getting to me! Hope you are all ok, welcome to the new ladies, and good luck to all!

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
#978 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 12:36 PM

So, I suppose I'm in the "Waiting to Know" camp. I'm definitely PO and AF is due anytime. Too nervous to test, I'm a big chicken. Both of my boys showed up negative when I tested at first and then finally I got a positive with them about 2 weeks after missed period. 

Anyone else used Maca root to regulate your cycle? I have never struggled with fertility issues, but I do struggle with severe PMS and I have been taking Maca for about 2 years now. I have noticed my cycles are more regular and it has helped so much with PMS. Anyone else doing Maca or Vitex or any of the "fertility herbs"? 

Question, am I the only one who doesn't need any kind of calculating or anything to KNOW for sure when I am ovulating? I mean, every month I always 100% sure of when I am fertile due to 1) having a sudden insanely high sex drive (that lasts only about 4 days)  2) very obvious fertile CM and 3) I get a pain (very specific pain that I only get when I ovulate) right at the moment the egg is released.  I have charted and such before, but I'm always right on so I don't bother to keep track anymore. Anyone else's body make it very clear when you are fertile?

Huge :Hug for all of you mamas who have experienced pregnancy loss. I had a miscarriage before my sons were born and it hurt my heart deeply. Prayers for mended hearts and lots of rainbow babies!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#979 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveChild421 View Post

Question, am I the only one who doesn't need any kind of calculating or anything to KNOW for sure when I am ovulating? I mean, every month I always 100% sure of when I am fertile due to 1) having a sudden insanely high sex drive (that lasts only about 4 days)  2) very obvious fertile CM and 3) I get a pain (very specific pain that I only get when I ovulate) right at the moment the egg is released.  I have charted and such before, but I'm always right on so I don't bother to keep track anymore. Anyone else's body make it very clear when you are fertile?

Sounds like you're really in-tune with your body!! :)  Are your cycles regular?

I started learning more about fertility awareness when I realized after 2 years ttc that I wasn't going to get pregnant by just randomly BDing throughout the month. My periods were irregular and sometimes anovulatory though. 

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#980 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Unpaid account is working for me so far. I input temps, CP, CM, tests, and specifics. The chart is a useful visual for analyzing cycles. I occasionally browse the gallery for others' charts to see what pregnant vs ovulatory vs anovulatory charts look like. Helps me interpret my chart. 

I never had a paid account so I'm not sure what I'm missing... 

#2 due December 2014!
#981 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

On another note, if things don't go well at my appt.... Hubby and I have talked about adoption and agree that whether we can have a child or not, we would like to pursue adoption at least once in our lifetime. 

Good luck on your dr.'s appt! I hope you get some answers. I think it's great that you and your dh are on the same page about adoption. My ex-husband was against adoption and it made ttc very stressful because I felt so much pressure to conceive. 

Kita4 likes this.

#2 due December 2014!
#982 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 02:35 PM

I wish I could say for certain if I know my body or not, but I was put on birth control when I was 11 for a hormonal imbalance and I've been on it pretty much ever since, except when I was pregnant and breastfeeding.  I hate taking it and after this next baby I'm going to absolutely stop.  

Quote:

Huge :Hug for all of you mamas who have experienced pregnancy loss. I had a miscarriage before my sons were born and it hurt my heart deeply. Prayers for mended hearts and lots of rainbow babies!

#983 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:

So, I suppose I'm in the "Waiting to Know" camp. I'm definitely PO and AF is due anytime. Too nervous to test, I'm a big chicken. Both of my boys showed up negative when I tested at first and then finally I got a positive with them about 2 weeks after missed period. 

Anyone else used Maca root to regulate your cycle? I have never struggled with fertility issues, but I do struggle with severe PMS and I have been taking Maca for about 2 years now. I have noticed my cycles are more regular and it has helped so much with PMS. Anyone else doing Maca or Vitex or any of the "fertility herbs"? 

Huge hug2.gif  for all of you mamas who have experienced pregnancy loss. I had a miscarriage before my sons were born and it hurt my heart deeply. Prayers for mended hearts and lots of rainbow babies!
Well, now you're just rubbing it in. Lol! I don't think I've come across many (none off the top of my head) that just know 100% certain without a doubt that they are O'g. I think you should consider yourself lucky. I will say that after charting and OPKs, it's pretty obvious I O on CD15. But I don't want to just count on that every month. I like to confirm it with data.

05/14
#984 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 03:10 PM

Is CD15 chart day 15?  I get some of those acronyms but not all of them!  Lol

#985 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:

Is CD15 chart day 15?  I get some of those acronyms but not all of them!  Lol
Cycle day 15....
AntoninBeGonin and Kita4 like this.

05/14
#986 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I'm just hanging out on cd25 not knowing when and if I will ovulate. If anything my temps are staying very very low. Who knows?! My body officially sucks.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#987 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

I'm just hanging out on cd25 not knowing when and if I will ovulate. If anything my temps are staying very very low. Who knows?! My body officially sucks.

Nah, your body is readjusting.  Give it a cycle or two.  Things should get better.

Kita4 likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

#988 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 
Well, now you're just rubbing it in. Lol! I don't think I've come across many (none off the top of my head) that just know 100% certain without a doubt that they are O'g. I think you should consider yourself lucky. I will say that after charting and OPKs, it's pretty obvious I O on CD15. But I don't want to just count on that every month. I like to confirm it with data.

I know right?!?!? I will say that I started noticing this around the time I started taking Maca root for my PMS. It just seems like I'm more fertile based on the more dramatic signs of ovulation. I would highly recommend Maca! I take capsules I get at the health food store. 

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#989 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 03:59 PM

Renee, hi over here, too. orngbiggrin.gif

AFM - re my early question about announcing tomorrow, I'm gonna do it. orngbiggrin.gif

I took a picture of Benjamin "whispering" in Josiah's ear (took me about 50 times to get a suitable picture, lol) and I'm going to post it with the caption, "Benjamin giving Josiah some much-needed advice on how to be a great big brother." orngbiggrin.gif

I was just going to post a picture of the test and say "Eeep!" But I think I like the brothers more. That way they'll actually get seen and not just glossed over with all the other pg test pictures (real or not).

#990 of 1022 Old 03-31-2014, 04:06 PM

Harmony- a friend of mine just announced her pregnancy with a photo of her son wearing a shirt that says, "I'm going to be a big brother!"  I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

We are waiting for our first ultrasound photo.  So the rest of our world will have to wait until the 9th.  Though guarantee, I'll have a photo of the photo before leaving the doctor's office, and have it posted here and on FB immediately.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page