~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Harmony96, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the information and the social conventions around the forum. Trying to take it all in and learn some acronyms :)

Married to my best friend since 1/14, TTC#1
BFP 3/24/14
Full-time grad student, part-time farmer.
#242 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Li5i: welcome! Good luck!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#243 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Hello ladies! I would like to join you because I am officially back to TTC after 2 miscarriages in 2013. I was tested for clotting issues and nothing was found, but the RE suggested that I start taking baby aspirin. I am nervous about it, especially since I am still breastfeeding my 4-year-old. Is anyone else taking it? Thoughts? I am also learning to use OPKs. I started last month and seemed to miss the positive. I am waiting to O.
I swear I commented on this yesterday. But it's lost in cyber space apparently! Idk what to make of the aspirin. If you weren't BF'g, I'd say totally harmless. But I can see your concern. I know (as I'm sure you've heard) a lot if RE's put all their patients on it. So I believe it's super safe, but I know pediatricians don't promote giving aspirin to youngsters, so idk?!?! Wish I had better advice. I've been considering the aspirin too. RE appt on 25th....I wonder what his thoughts are. I'm not BF'g tho....

05/14
#244 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I'm so sorry for your loss, jenjy. I was in the July DDC with you too. I don't know when we will get our sticky babies.

rosie2727, thank you for your reply. I found some more information on aspirin and breastfeeding, and I'm 90% sure that it is safe given the low dosage and the frequency with which my son nurses. I am trying to wean him, but his heart breaks every time I bring it up. Anyway, I still worry about the effect on me (I don't want to bleed to death) and the pregnancy (aspirin has teratogenic effects, especially on the heart, but apparently low doses are fine?). Let me know what your RE says. Mine said she didn't know if it would help, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Did you get blood work done? I would feel differently if the doctor knew for sure that I had a clotting issue, but apparently my blood work came back "normal." 

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#245 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li5i View Post

Hi Harmony96, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the information and the social conventions around the forum. Trying to take it all in and learn some acronyms smile.gif
If there's an acronym you don't know, feel free to ask. smile.gif I thought there was a list of common ones somewhere but it must be on one of my many other boards that I'm on. smile.gif

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#246 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry for your loss, jenjy. I was in the July DDC with you too. I don't know when we will get our sticky babies.

rosie2727, thank you for your reply. I found some more information on aspirin and breastfeeding, and I'm 90% sure that it is safe given the low dosage and the frequency with which my son nurses. I am trying to wean him, but his heart breaks every time I bring it up. Anyway, I still worry about the effect on me (I don't want to bleed to death) and the pregnancy (aspirin has teratogenic effects, especially on the heart, but apparently low doses are fine?). Let me know what your RE says. Mine said she didn't know if it would help, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Did you get blood work done? I would feel differently if the doctor knew for sure that I had a clotting issue, but apparently my blood work came back "normal." 
This will be my first trip to RE. So no blood work yet. I had 3 losses in the past year tho so my dr is sending me. First was ectopic in Jan/Feb '13, chem Oct '13, then chem Feb '14. This is why I thought of trying aspirin too. But idk...I think maybe I've just hit a bad batch of eggs? Or maybe something else. I have RA but it rarely bothers me anymore. But I've been having other strange things happen related to my health that makes me wonder if some autoimmune issue is at work here. Anyway, yes, hope we get sticky babies soon. If not, I may give up. I'm getting so down about all this that I think it's, in turn, causing other health issues, so it's becoming this vicious cycle.

05/14
#247 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm so sorry Jenjy :(. Rosie, Alive, AND you??? This just doesn't seem fair :( 

Praying for "sticky" babies for all this month.

Married August 2012 .......    Baby #1 due Jan 2!
I'm 23 & teach ESL. Hubby is 28 & works with refugee children
(currently) My kids have paws:Malamute & Newfoundland
#248 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

This will be my first trip to RE. So no blood work yet. I had 3 losses in the past year tho so my dr is sending me. First was ectopic in Jan/Feb '13, chem Oct '13, then chem Feb '14. This is why I thought of trying aspirin too. But idk...I think maybe I've just hit a bad batch of eggs? Or maybe something else. I have RA but it rarely bothers me anymore. But I've been having other strange things happen related to my health that makes me wonder if some autoimmune issue is at work here. Anyway, yes, hope we get sticky babies soon. If not, I may give up. I'm getting so down about all this that I think it's, in turn, causing other health issues, so it's becoming this vicious cycle.

RA? Rheumatoid arthritis? Maybe aspirin could help with that too. There was one thing that came back positive on my blood work that my doctor didn't say anything about, but I think it was a test for autoimmune issues. It was an ANA panel and it was indeterminant for dsDNA and positive for anti-RNP. It is driving me crazy that she did not tell me what it meant because my own research suggest lupus and/or mixed connective tissue disease. And yet she ignored it, so maybe it's not that serious. It is very discouraging to have back-to-back losses. It's devastating actually. I would rather have not gotten pregnant at all than this. If I have another loss I might have to give up.

#249 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:

If I have another loss I might have to give up.

On the other hand, I feel like the "purpose" of my last pregnancy was to get me the answers I need to have a successful pregnancy next time. But then again, after testing, I still don't have the answers.

#250 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 07:38 PM

@rosie2727 @alivewithyou @jenjy So sorry for your losses! greensad.gif I'm pretty behind on everything on here, but still trying to hang around for awhile longer.

Me,27;partners.gif DH,34; DSS,10 geek.gif, Due 10/30 #1belly.gif!
#251 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchole View Post

@rosie2727 @alivewithyou @jenjy So sorry for your losses! greensad.gif I'm pretty behind on everything on here, but still trying to hang around for awhile longer.
Thanks...I'm totally jealous of your situation but so happy for you. I couldn't imagine!! Are you having a dating US? I've almost decided that, if I ever think I'm pregnant again, I'm just not testing til I'm like 2 weeks late. If I don't spot one time before then, I'll know I'm safe. H&H ? months to you!

05/14
#252 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 PM

I need to vent....this site is supposed to be a support system? Yes? I hate when I try to join other threads that I feel I have a place in...and everyone acts like I'm some alien that's invaded "their" planet. I've even seen one user in particular with the title of "supporter" under their name. And she is the least supportive person I've ever seen on this entire website!! And I've read a lot of threads! It's always on random threads too - nothing I've joined/subscribed to. But I'll be reading along on some thread I found, and as soon as I see her name, I'm certain it will be a less than supportive comment. I mean, how the hell did she become a "supporter" when all she ever does is sign up to be first in line to dash hopes and negate any positive feelings? Just pisses me off...and these self-righteous bitches that act like I can't join their thread bc - idk why? Cause I'm not using donor eggs or undergoing IVF....or cause the wind didn't blow from the south today??? I swear...women can be so catty! It makes me want to leave altogether. As if this process isn't trying enough?! Then you have to deal with women that act like they are somehow more entitled than others? What the hell is their problem? Where did they "earn" this sense of self entitlement? It's REALLY GETTING OLD!

Ok...had to get that off my chest....I'm gonna try to stick around and be supportive of ANYONE that joins. But if someone ticks me off one more time I may end up getting kicked out due to my newfound combative behavior.

05/14
#253 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:

I need to vent....this site is supposed to be a support system? Yes? I hate when I try to join other threads that I feel I have a place in...and everyone acts like I'm some alien that's invaded "their" planet. I've even seen one user in particular with the title of "supporter" under their name. And she is the least supportive person I've ever seen on this entire website!! And I've read a lot of threads! It's always on random threads too - nothing I've joined/subscribed to. But I'll be reading along on some thread I found, and as soon as I see her name, I'm certain it will be a less than supportive comment. I mean, how the hell did she become a "supporter" when all she ever does is sign up to be first in line to dash hopes and negate any positive feelings? Just pisses me off...and these self-righteous bitches that act like I can't join their thread bc - idk why? Cause I'm not using donor eggs or undergoing IVF....or cause the wind didn't blow from the south today??? I swear...women can be so catty! It makes me want to leave altogether. As if this process isn't trying enough?! Then you have to deal with women that act like they are somehow more entitled than others? What the hell is their problem? Where did they "earn" this sense of self entitlement? It's REALLY GETTING OLD!

Ok...had to get that off my chest....I'm gonna try to stick around and be supportive of ANYONE that joins. But if someone ticks me off one more time I may end up getting kicked out due to my newfound combative behavior.
It's always hard trying to fit in. That's how I felt at first and sometimes still do. A bond is formed and it's hard when someone new comes along. MDC has changed A LOT from when I joined. I usually kept to my tribe, but we all left for FB group. I was very close with my DDC with my son, but again it was moved to FB.

AFM: no AF. Due tomorrow. Temp is staying pretty high. My boobs hurt bad.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#254 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 09:25 PM

Ugh, Rosie, I'm so sorry that someone made you feel unwelcome. :hugs: That "supporter" title just means that she's paid for an ad-free forum subscription, nothing else.

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#255 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post

MDC has changed A LOT from when I joined.

Word.

#256 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post

It's always hard trying to fit in. That's how I felt at first and sometimes still do. A bond is formed and it's hard when someone new comes along. MDC has changed A LOT from when I joined. I usually kept to my tribe, but we all left for FB group. I was very close with my DDC with my son, but again it was moved to FB.

AFM: no AF. Due tomorrow. Temp is staying pretty high. My boobs hurt bad.
Maybe I'm being over sensitive. But, it's like 15 women and not 1 can pretend to be helpful. Bitches.....
Your symptoms sound so very promising. Fingers crossed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

Ugh, Rosie, I'm so sorry that someone made you feel unwelcome. :hugs: That "supporter" title just means that she's paid for an ad-free forum subscription, nothing else.
That's informative. Thank you. She really is the least supportive person I've come across! So that "title" is very misleading. It's Ok. I'll just stick to this thread since I don't feel like joining the "self righteous mean bitch thread: Spring 2014". Lol...

Maybe I'm gearing up for my post mc O? I've certainly been emotional and hormonal. These gals have me in such a tizzy. Maybe my hormones are just getting jacked up....

05/14
#257 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jenjy I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Rosie I kinda felt like that when I tried to venture out and join a second thread. Felt very clicky and uninviting. I still have issues figuring out where I belong, but I def felt like bc my fertility issues weren't "bad" enough or because we still don't know what's going on with things that I wasn't exactly welcome. A bit ago I was like eff it, I'll just stick here, people are nicer.

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#258 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I have been in mdc for almost 7 years and I really miss how inclusive, supporting and super active it was.
I joined fb because of my last ddc, we became very close knit and still are smile.gif

I am sorry that anyone has been made to feel that way.

I honestly have not been enjoying my return to
Mdc very much. A very different place it seems greensad.gif
#259 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Maybe I'm being over sensitive. But, it's like 15 women and not 1 can pretend to be helpful. Bitches.....
Your symptoms sound so very promising. Fingers crossed!
That's informative. Thank you. She really is the least supportive person I've come across! So that "title" is very misleading. It's Ok. I'll just stick to this thread since I don't feel like joining the "self righteous mean bitch thread: Spring 2014". Lol...

Maybe I'm gearing up for my post mc O? I've certainly been emotional and hormonal. These gals have me in such a tizzy. Maybe my hormones are just getting jacked up....
I don't think you're being sensitive AT ALL.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#260 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 PM

@chileeWe've been around for almost the same amount of time.
What DDC were in that moved to fb?

TTC #3

#261 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 PM

Oct 11...
I think some of my Aug 09 did too, but I did not even know what FB was back then...lol
#262 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:33 PM

I love looking back at the ddc, but some how the search only gives you 100 pages so it is hard to find older stuff greensad.gif
#263 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:39 PM

Mine was April '10. My son was born preemie though, so I really stopped fitting in. It also became a click once it hit FB

TTC #3

#264 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 10:51 PM

I would like to blow up facebook...only half joking...okay less than half...awful invention.

I would leave it all together. I never saw drama before then.
The Yahoo groups we're pretty peaceful, people just seemed interested in sharing information, making a few diaper. Also used to love tbw. That has gone to fb almost entirely. Totally changed the vibe.
#265 of 1022 Old 03-11-2014, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I recently deactivated my fb account. I was constantly ticked off at things people would post. I realized I wasn't enjoying it anymore and that I had the emails and numbers of everyone that really mattered to me.

Still waiting on Af. Due tomorrow to friday....bfn on monday
#266 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 03:38 AM

I like facebook, but for conversations (esp: regarding a specific topic) I prefer the organization of message boards. I've noticed that MDC has become much less active lately (as I have become more active). I usually stick to the TTC After Loss forum but I came here because it was more active (and then I was subsequently ignored by everyone except rosie). I am sorry you have encountered such negativity, rosie! 

#267 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 AM

It's ok. I think I'm probably over reacting a bit. But I can't imagine purposely making someone feel unwelcome....

There was one time I wanted to make someone feel unwelcome. I know, awful. But it was someone that jumped on this thread, had never been on here before. Not one post. No intro, nothing. Then they chime in to say "OMG, first month trying and I just got my BFP!!" Uh....ok. Well, the rest of us here are trying and have been. And we're here to support each other on that journey. Not to rub it in people's faces. I didn't say anything, but I was really hurt. This is a TTC board, not a brag board!! Lol!
Kita4 likes this.

05/14
#268 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:

There was one time I wanted to make someone feel unwelcome. I know, awful. But it was someone that jumped on this thread, had never been on here before. Not one post. No intro, nothing. Then they chime in to say "OMG, first month trying and I just got my BFP!!" Uh....ok. Well, the rest of us here are trying and have been. And we're here to support each other on that journey. Not to rub it in people's faces. I didn't say anything, but I was really hurt. This is a TTC board, not a brag board!! Lol!

I hate those posts too! 

#269 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 07:28 AM

I want a blood test....thinking of calling Dr and asking. Temp higher today.
Kita4 likes this.

TTC #3

#270 of 1022 Old 03-12-2014, 07:29 AM

@NSmomtobe I'm sorry you felt ignored. Good luck to you!(I didn't want to say glad you're here cause no one wants to be struggling TTC)

TTC #3

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page