Possibly pregnant thoughts? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello lovely ladies. It's been awhile since my last post and I'm not sure exactly where to post this. Fair warning may be tmi. So here goes. My husband and I conceived our first two kids on first month try. I had easy pregnancies with no morning sickness. We tried for a few months last fall for a third babe and with no results took a break as my Mom was ill and passed away. We have not changed anything in our rather "non-technical" birth control methods. I know I have 30 day cycles and ovulate on day 15. Soooo...on day 6-7 we had sex with no protection...which we do frequently no protection at the end of cycle. On day 17 I just felt like I had an unsettled stomach. On day 19 waves of nausea that came and went...but I chalked it up to the girl in my office had stomach flu and another girl wasn't feeling well either. It lasted a day and a half and had some diarrhea associated. 2 days later my son had stomach flu bad with fever and diarrhea. I snuggled him up for 2 days and he was 100% back to normal. Day 23 on and off nausea with normal bm. Day 24 evening nausea and diarrhea return. Nausea comes and goes...with aversion to eating things I normally would. Feel a bit better after eating. The nausea comes on intensely and I think I may puke and then passes. No puking only diarrhea. Now my husband is down with what my son had...at least the fever part. I don't feel like I have what they've had.

So...acne...even on chest and I normally have good skin, really tired, as in falling asleep hour early, put on sports bra yesterday and felt tight. This is now basically 8 days of off and on nausea and bathroom issues. This occurred to me yesterday I may be pregnant....up till now I've been chalking it up to what's been going around...but the symptoms don't seem to match. I am on day 26 of cycle. I took a test this morning but it was a dollar store cheapy and I know it's only day 26. I've never had nausea as a pregnancy symptom so don't really know how that goes...but this is about ridiculous....cause it just hits at crazy times and then goes away. It would not have been planned like the first 2 but I'm crazy ecstatic at the possibility that it's becoming consuming. Thoughts...help?
#2 of 8 Old 03-05-2014, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I only have one child.  Maybe my opinion will help and maybe not, but here it goes.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was exhausted, gaining a bit of weight, and every time Iit a cigarette I would vomit for 15 min.  Yet I had absolutely no Idea that I was pregnant because I was going to the pregnancy clinic every other day all tests came back negative.  this went on for 12 weeks.  Thats right for 12wks I was pregnant but my body didn't register it on the tests.  By the time I learned I was pregnant I was starting my 2nd trimester.  I ended up having morning sickness ALL DAY LONG until the day that I gave birth.  It was horrible.  This was back when West Nile Virus was just becoming wide spread and with all of the negative tests I was convinced that I was going to die from this West Nile.  Well needless to say I was relieved to learn that I was pregnant and not dying because I got bit by a mosquito.  I was really young and this was a scary time for me but the past 11 years have been amazing, would't change it for the world.  But I never had diarrhea, at all.  You have said that you did not have morning sickness with your first 2, but that means nothing.  Every pregnancy is different.  The test that you got from the dollar store could have been old, or it may still be a bit to early to tell.  I have never heard of someone getting diarrhea from being pregnant.  I would say that you probably just have what your husband and son and the lady at the office had.  Maybe you just didn't get it as bad.  Or maybe you could be pregnant and got the crap end of the stick by getting the flu as well.  I would wait a couple of days until AF is late and then take another test, maybe like a first response or ept, as these seem to be more accurate.  Well if you are pregnant CONGRATS, if not at least you get to keep trying, thats the fun part.  Will you post when you find out? 

Me-30   om.gif     DsoontobeH-28 joy.gif-Together 10 years & the love of my life!!

DD#1-11  mecry.gif     DC#2-My Angel In Heaven brokenheart.gif 

#3 of 8 Old 03-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I kinda think you probably just had the tummy bug too. Especially because it started on day 17 of your cycle, which is only 2 DPO. I seriously doubt many people start having symptoms that early. And most importantly, if you DTD on day 6 or 7 and didn't O till day 15 your DH would have award winning sperm. I think the max is about 5 days that sperm can survive in your body. Sorry, just doesn't sound promising to me.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#4 of 8 Old 03-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Since others in your family have had it too....just sounds too much like the same thing, even if symptoms are a little different from theirs, sorry...but who knows?
#5 of 8 Old 03-06-2014, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

You can always wait until you skip period and confirm :D

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#6 of 8 Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

I kinda think you probably just had the tummy bug too. Especially because it started on day 17 of your cycle, which is only 2 DPO. I seriously doubt many people start having symptoms that early. And most importantly, if you DTD on day 6 or 7 and didn't O till day 15 your DH would have award winning sperm. I think the max is about 5 days that sperm can survive in your body. Sorry, just doesn't sound promising to me.

Someone told me elsewhere that the longest documented time between DTD and ovulation that resulted in a pregnancy was 11 days. !! That's definitely NOT typical, though. EWCM will keep sperm alive longer than creamy, and creamy will keep them alive longer than sticky, but that early in OPs cycle, it doesn't seem like a pregnancy is very likely. Unless she O'd on day 8. orngtongue.gif

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#7 of 8 Old 03-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Did you ever find out if you were pregnant or just had the flu?

Me-30   om.gif     DsoontobeH-28 joy.gif-Together 10 years & the love of my life!!

DD#1-11  mecry.gif     DC#2-My Angel In Heaven brokenheart.gif 

#8 of 8 Old 03-10-2014, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Day 31...normal cycles are 30 days. Took pregnancy test Saturday that was negative. I haven't been to store to get another. Nausea got much better along with gut symptoms. But today woke up with bit of nausea...and had some this afternoon. So I'm not sure...going to get another test if I haven't started cycle by then. Hmmm...possible I ovulated sooner...but wouldn't hat have given an earlier test positive?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page