The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 188 Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Wengrin - Ugg. I'm so sorry to hear about the vomiting. Your progesterone days are getting to the single digits, yes? I'm feeling confident that you'll find some relief soon.

Chourd - I'm glad AF is here. It's time for a fresh start. Looking forward to cheering you on this coming cycle.

Oxford - bellyhair.gif

AFM - I think the worst is over. I did go to the doctor (yay for Saturday morning appts), and I do not have strep. I was given eye drops for my lovely pink eye and so that's clearing up nicely. My fever never quite passed 100F, so I didn't take any Tylenol, and my throat and ears hurt less than they were. For as fast and furious as this cold came on, it doesn't seem like it is going to hang on too long. Today has been spent resting on the couch and covering my cough. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling up to doing some chores around the house.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#62 of 188 Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Oxford - happy bd wink1.gif
Wengrin - huge hugs! Hope the bath helps... And hope you hang in till you can stop progesterone
Mamablue - yay for the pink eye healing and the cold going quick!
Hugs all!

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#63 of 188 Old 03-31-2014, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Hi everyone! Reading along and cheering you all on :) Not much to report here right now. I had another nightmare that the baby was breech (and a girl - but that part was happy!) and it continues to worry me. I also found out that insurance would cover a birth center or home birth in Washington and feel like I need to more seriously consider those options now. Not sure what to do. Hugs to everyone!

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#64 of 188 Old 03-31-2014, 03:13 PM

Appointment went well, the night before my ovaries were uncomfortable to lie on and I felt apprehensive about going hard core immediately. He said I could push through, but due to my ovaries still being a little agitated he'd rather do the longer cycle. So this month I temp an o naturally, bloods around cd 21 to confirm o, then I start 'synarel' nose spray (it's a hcg booster that will increase my progesterone and estrogen) that's to help any viable embryo sticking and to start setting my system up for next month. I keep taking synarel through AF and then cd6 next cycle I go in for scans and bloods and start taking fsh to stim eggs for retrieval... Then it's standard ivf etc. Apparently this slower stim cycle works well on younger or high egg reserve girls - so he thinks it's worth a try with me. Problem is he's on leave when I'd need procedures so we may have to delay by a week (apparently it's possible with meds lol)

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#65 of 188 Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hiya

Chuord- that sounds like a more gentle regime, I hope the drugs are kind to you and bring that baby!!

Mares- sorry to hear about your nightmares, thus pregnancy sure is testing your mental toughness!!its a good job that you are strong and a fabulous mother. Any more news on the house? Are things ok with DH now you have some house plans?

Mamablue- woohoo for you getting better. I hope you have continued with the resting and let your body recover. It's a very hard working body at the moment! Lots of hugs to you

Lindscott- are you still with us? Have you arrived in by season yet?

Afm-- I am pretty sure O was yesterday as my ovaries ache today. That means we hit -1,3,-5 so this ok. Let's hope something is cooking in there!
#66 of 188 Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 PM

Mares - I hate unpleasant pregnancy dreams. My dreams have been strange and vivid, but nothing horrible. Wouldn't it be neat if your baby was actually a girl? You could say that part of your dreams were true! That is the coolest that your insurance would let you birth at home. Were your other babies home births? If so, was it a positive experience for you? If so, I say go for it! Or maybe interview midwives in the area to help you decide. Maybe you'll totally click with one of them, and your decision will be an easy one to make. How is your mama? Is her surgery date getting close?

Oxford - Excellent timing! I hope your two week wait is full of pleasant distractions to make the time pass quickly. Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy?

Chourd - Your plan sounds like a good one. It seems wise to let your hardworking ovaries get a bit of a reprieve before stimming again. Synarel is not a drug I'm familiar with - the nasal application sounds fascinating.

Lovey - Are you doing well?

Primal - How is your bump?

AFM - Still sick, but at least now I have company. My oldest two daughters are sickies now, too. My husband is steering clear of all of us, and I don't blame him one bit. He is a wonderful husband, but boy is he useless at picking up the slack, lol. He went to buy groceries and came home with chips, canned refried beans, cheese, hot dogs, root beer, and beer. I sent him back the next day with a list. We have real food in the house again.

#67 of 188 Old 04-01-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all I'm here, following along. I'll do personals later but I had a quick story to share. I was talking with a co-worker who isn't aware of my ongoing ttc journey and the subject of children who were conceived through medical help came up and she said that if people can't have children naturally then they probably just weren't meant to be parents and that they shouldn't force it with medical help. I smiled, tightly and with gritted teeth, and told her that Ryan and I would be doing our first round of IUI later this month and said "we can't have children naturally but I plan on trying to force it". I really wanted to knee her in the face but I knew she meant no harm. She came to me later and apologized up and down but man did it sting to hear that!
#68 of 188 Old 04-01-2014, 03:42 PM

Lindscott - hugs! If have felt the same... I mean some women get pg very easily - and some of them don't want kids and are not good mothers... Lol maybe she thinks that's better than a child who is so desperately desired... Unless people have had to 'try' for children they probably won't understand. So impressed you stood up to her smile.gif
Mamablue - dh shopping list cracked me up smile.gif lol you are soo healthy - and my dh probably would have done the same, men!
Oxford - fx for you!!!! You are being so great always popping in and doing personals - thanks! You're happy self is much appreciated smile.gif
Chrissy, Mares, Wengrin, primal, lovey - hi! Btw ladies you don't chat much pg stuff on here - you know we love to hear it right?
Afm - I'm undecided whether I'm hoping this natural cycle works or if I'd prefer to go to the ivf so I get more frosties... Guess I'll let nature decide wink1.gif

#69 of 188 Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I'm normally lurking. Reading and silently supporting. We're not doing much since DH is getting hernia surgery on the 14th. Now after he heals it'll be a whole nother story. lol Although I am trying to sneak in some bd without him knowing my o is coming up.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#70 of 188 Old 04-02-2014, 12:07 AM

Lol that's the way Chrissy wink1.gif sneaky is great!

#71 of 188 Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 PM

Lindscott - Ouch. Your coworker probably felt like the biggest horse behind after you told her you were doing IUI. Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson in thinking before she speaks.

#72 of 188 Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM

Lindscott- that is awful, how rude! She clearly does not understand a thing. How can you say that when most women responded well to treatment and then can have a baby. What a totally uninformed moron. Well done you for speaking up, it would have been awful for her to go uncorrected. You go girl!

Hi to everyone else!
2dpo here and nothing to report.
#73 of 188 Old 04-02-2014, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Lindscott -- I think it's great that you spoke up. People have no idea how common IF is or how hurtful those attitudes and comments can be. I have nothing but admiration for people who desire children so much they are willing to go through all the effort, expense, and discomfort of IF treatment. Hold your head high. 

AFM -- I'm hanging in, just don't want to whine too much. I'm just so exhausted. I can't stand for more than a few minutes without feeling sick. I feel better when I'm moving, but my stamina is still lousy. My oldest had his 13th birthday party last week, and that was so hard for me to manage, even though we kept it relatively simple, did it at a bowling alley instead of at the house. I am thinking that I will feel better after the school semester ends and I can enjoy more downtime after work. I'm just overextended right now, and my body doesn't like it. My appetite is terrible, too. I'm not nauseated anymore, but I have a lot of food aversions. I feel terrible complaining about such mundane issues, but it's so frustrating to want to accomplish things and having so little energy to do it with. I had low blood pressure with my first baby, and I suspect that's the case again. Standing restricts my circulation and lowers my BP just enough to make me feel weak. It's a blessing that I can sit at my job.

Aside from the energy stuff, things are good. I can feel baby move now, which is neat. DH can't feel him yet, but I imagine he'll be able to soon. I'm really trying to enjoy and feel tapped into this baby, since I know he'll be my last one. It's hard sometimes to slow down and enjoy when part of me is really marking the days to the end, when I can hopefully get my pep back. We've settled on the name Gideon, but aren't sure of any middle names yet. DH and I started marriage counseling, and I think that it's going to do us some good. DH feels good talking with this therapist. He also got connected with a doctor who is going to treat him for his ADHD, which is an indirect cause of a lot of our conflict. It's hard to cope sometimes when he has trouble keeping it together for basic things. I'm hoping this helps him succeed with less stress in school, too (he's a college student). 

I have my first midwife appointment in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the midwives in the practice. Even though I haven't seen any of them yet, this route feels so much more like me. DH is going to come along to that visit so he can get a feel for the practice, too. 

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#74 of 188 Old 04-02-2014, 04:47 PM

Lindscott -- I think it is really wonderful you spoke up as well. I can't understand her point of view at all. I have a friend who had IVF to get pregnant with her two children, and at one point she said something about how it wasn't as special (or something) as getting pregnant naturally, and I just don't think that's true at all. If you go through fertility treatments that is such dedication. So many emotions, physical trials, money spent... So much to bring your child into the world. It's a whole new level of sacrificing for your children, and I think that's incredibly special for them to be so very wanted. 

I think I have mentioned before (if not, sorry to be a downer!) that I got pregnant with DD when I was raped, and I really dread having to tell her that one day because from the moment I knew I was going to have her I was so in love with her and wanted to be the best mama I could for her - cliche or whatever but I wouldn't change a thing if it would mean not having her. And DS was just plain old birth control failure. I wanted both of them with all my heart, but I would much prefer to be able to tell them they were planned and worked for rather than products of chance.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#75 of 188 Old 04-02-2014, 09:52 PM

Primal - sending energy your way, I hope you don't have too long left of this semester... I'm getting the feeling your body is over being Wonder Woman... And is definitely ready for some down time! So glad counseling is working for you both. Seriously cut back on anything you can, and maybe double check with the midwives on extra vitamin supplements?
Mares - thank you for the lovely words, but all of you ladies here still had to work so hard to get pg... You did mention dd and the rape before - to me loving that baby enough to keep her is a show of greater love than any fertility treatment, seriously. You can always tell her that she was the blessing sent to you to make up for the trauma - she is the good karma smile.gif and that she healed your heart - which is obviously true.
Wengrin - how are you coping?
Oxford - how did you find the after effects of the Bowen?
I had a great session with Ranee, more slight adjustments to line up my implantation... Feeling revitalized and ready to start trying again

#76 of 188 Old 04-04-2014, 03:08 AM

Primal- Gideon is a beautiful name and will be so cute on a baby :-) sorry to hear you are feeling tired and yucky. Get lots of rest and be kind to yourself, your body is working so hard. Great news that the counselling is helping, great that DH is engaging with it. That will really help when you have the pressures of a newborn testing your sleep deprivation. You do a fab job of holding together your family, studies and work :-)

Mares- big hugs! You are such a strong woman and a wonderful mom. The sunshine is coming out for you with your new baby to add to the two beautiful children you have and a great new home. I'm so giddy for you at your future. Your kids, all if them, are blessed to have such loving parents :-)

Chuord- glad ranee has got you all set up for the new month. Have you started your light meds yet? Reset the board and begin a new month. I really hope this is the one for you. You are so close now.

@wengrin how are you doing sweetheart? I know your scan is getting near now. I'm willing it to give you a big heap of reassurance and an extra energy burst.

Lindscott- hello, how are you doing?

Mamablue- are you and the baby ok?

Over here, ff has given me cross hairs a day later than I thought do I am 3 or 4 dpo. Thibgs are tense with DH. We have been arguing lately, which is really unusual for us. He had now withdrawn and is throwing himself into work, gardening and anything else to be out of my way. I miss him. Last night he was away for work and I had really vivid nightmares that he left me. Fear of abandonment is being triggered like crazy by this distance between us. It's so hard.

In just over a week now we are back at the hospital. I'm going to ask them to go straight to IVF. The clomid is hell and I just want to get on with it now.

Hope you are all having a happy Friday and looking forward to a weekend with your family :-)
#77 of 188 Old 04-04-2014, 03:32 AM

Morning Oxford smile.gif thanks for all the love...
Hugs on the issues with dh, maybe a romantic date, something to show him you love him even when it's not bd season? I've been thinking about doing that.... It is hard, I think the best thing you can do is change from the clomid - ivf is good but if you change your mind still try a different stim xxxx

#78 of 188 Old 04-04-2014, 04:34 AM

Hi Everyone- so sick....ugh. It's been hard to function lately so I haven't been on much. I can't stop the progesterone until Wednesday when I have my appt. I will let you all know. :-)

Oxford I am so sorry to hear of the distance and troubles with DH. I can't help but think all of this rumbling is going to force a new boundary with SD though. Hang in there. Blended/step-families are a special kind of crazy.

Primal so sorry you are having a rough time. I keep hoping I will feel better, but it know that pregnancy can knock you on your rear end for a while. Hope you get over the hump soon. I also have low blood pressure so I know exactly what you mean. Good that DH is treating his ADHD. That is tough in a relationship especially untreated.

Mamablue glad you are feeling a little better! Too funny about DH's grocery shopping. That is totally something mine would do...

Mares- I despise those vivid dreams. I feel like dreams are just a product of whatever is on our minds at the time. So maybe talking out your fears about the baby being breach with someone will help put your mind at ease? I know it is easier said than done. I tend to have nightmares when I am really upset about something. It is great that your insurance will pay for a home birth if that's what you choose! Big hugs xx

Lindscott that is a crummy thing to say....I bet you wanted to knee her in the face. People are so silly when they open their mouth without thinking of the consequences of their comments.

Chuord glad you have options this month! Be strong and hang in there hon.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. We have a 2 day out of town competition for DD but hubby is going to help with DS so hopefully we will do okay. I am so ready to return to the world of the normal living.
#79 of 188 Old 04-04-2014, 10:32 AM

Chuord - Glad you had a great session with Ranee and are feeling refreshed. I think that must make a big difference, feeling so good. Thank you for your kind words about DD :) You're so sweet. I certainly hope that she will see it like that. It's funny, we met Mark right after she turned three and she's so much like him in so many ways! He stepped into the dad role right away (we knew we had found "the one" right away) and she's taken on so many of his traits. It makes me happy to see. 

Primal - I absolutely love the name Gideon. What a great choice! I hope you are feeling a bit better. I wonder if the babies go through a growth spurt right about now? I've been feeling very tired, too. 

Oxford - Thank you so much! I am really excited to move into the next phase of our lives. I'm sure there will be plenty of unforeseen challenges, but I do hope maybe we'll get a little break and things will go smoothly for a while. Actually, our realtor said that the person living in the house may try and be out May 11th instead of the 17th! Even though it's only a few days it is exciting. 
I'm so sorry you and your DH are going through a tough time. That distance is so, incredibly hard to bear. I really understand what you mean. It's almost a physical pain, isn't it? I also have some abandonment issues and am very sensitive to that break in our connection. I wish I had words of wisdom for you - could you get a card and write him a note? Maybe just explaining how important the connection is to you and how hard it is when something disrupts it, and then leave it for him to find? Maybe you can end it with some of the things you love about him. Mark and I are still having problems with feeling disconnected, too. I finally got mad enough that he listened to me (sometimes not easy to achieve) and has taken Fridays off until we move. 
Good for you for putting your foot down with the Clomid, if there's another option I fully support you going that route! Like you said, enough is enough.

Wengrin - So sorry to hear you're so sick. I was hoping you might be able to avoid that this time. I'm so excited for your appointment, though! How many weeks will that be? Are any of your kids suspecting?

#80 of 188 Old 04-04-2014, 04:38 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Chuord- I hope your natural cycle goes smoothly and brings you some good luck!
Wengrin- sorry you're feeling crummy. I hope your daughters competition goes well.
Oxford- sorry about your problems with dh. I agree that if the clomid makes you that miserable then it's not worth it. I just get mean and it's only right after I take it so I can usually time it to be when I'm not around anyone.
Mama- I hope you're back to normal now and!
AFM, I went to the doc today and he looked at my chart and asked if I o'd yesterday. I said I had suspected it so he did my US and he checked my mucus. He said mucus looks so good that I still had a couple of his swimmers in there from last night and I have a follicle on the left that's 22.3 so we scheduled iui for the morning. I had the ovidrel injection this afternoon and I go in at 10. I'm super excited, giddy almost.
#81 of 188 Old 04-05-2014, 02:38 PM

Lindscott - yay!!! Fx for tomorrow, sounds like you have it covered naturally regardless :P

#82 of 188 Old 04-05-2014, 02:44 PM

Hey all! It went well this morning and doc said everything (cm and his sample) all looked good. I've been in lots of pain/discomfort this afternoon though. Just took some ibuprofen and Tylenol. Hoping it goes away soon.

How's every one else?
#83 of 188 Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 PM

Enjoying the stress free part of the cycle over here smile.gif apart from the migraines...

Lindscott - try and stay away from the ibuprofen during the tww - it can thin the blood too much in the lining etc... Tylenol is all good!

#84 of 188 Old 04-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Enjoying the stress free part of the cycle over here smile.gif apart from the migraines...

Lindscott - try and stay away from the ibuprofen during the tww - it can thin the blood too much in the lining etc... Tylenol is all good!

I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know.
#85 of 188 Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 AM

Hi everyone. We just got home from Orlando cheer competition. Our team got 2nd place. They were happy.

I am still sick. Wish I could feel better.

Yay Lindscott happy things are going well.

Chuord hope your migraine is better. Migraines totally stink....
#86 of 188 Old 04-06-2014, 02:57 PM

Hello,

Wengrin- great news on the competition! Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough, I don't know how you keep going. We are all cheering you on for your scan on Wednesday and to stop the progesterone! Will that help the sickness? Hope so.

Chuord- big sympathy on the migraines. They are ghastly. Take lots of time to rest and remember how hard your body has been working for the last few months.

Lindscott- great news on the successful IUI. How are you feeling now? Have the cramps subsided? I hope this is your month.

Primal- yuk for feeling yuk! Hope you can put your feet up a bit.

Mares- thank you for your kind words, feeling distant- real or emotional is so hard. I hope the Fridays off help you and mark. Not ling now till moving day :-) how is your mum? Are clementine and Malcolm doing ok?

Mamablue- how are you feeling dear? Have you and the kids recovered fully? I hope DH managed to avoid it and did a good job looking after you all?

Over here it's 5 or 6 dpo, apart from sore boobs not much to report on the TTC stuff. In pleased to say that things have settled with me and DH. We have had lovely weekend together, we went to an art gallery and then the pub! It was such a relief to relax together and laugh, I think we both needed it.

Hope you've all had a great weekend. Please check in and let us know how you're doing xx
#87 of 188 Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM

I came home early from work with a banging migraine :-( I'm upset as I haven't had one for about two years and I thought I had "grown out of it". It's 7dpo here so I'd like to think it's an early pregnancy symptom, I think it's more likely hormones peaking. Nasty thibgs migraines :-(

Darling husband came to the train station to pick me up though so I didn't have to drive. What a sweetie! :-)
#88 of 188 Old 04-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Hugs Oxford! I know that feeling of being upset they're back... I had it a few days ago... Something about this feels good for you though... Fx! Lol If men had to walk a month in our hormones I'm sure they'd understand how nuts it is smile.gif

#89 of 188 Old 04-07-2014, 02:39 PM

Oxford- I'm sorry about your migraine. I've never had one but dh has gotten them since he was a teen and used to be hospitalized for them. They finally used botox on him! Now when he gets them it means I live in a refrigerator for 3-4 days (cold, dark, and quiet). I hope you begin to feel better soon! Do glad you're dh picked you up and treated you sweetly.

Afm I'm guessing I'm 2dpo and I know I'm 2dpiui. Not feeling any certain way. It's funny though how you tune in to every feeling when you're going through this. Every muscle movement our little twinge I notice, I just try not to let my mind wander on these things. The only thing different is I've felt way bloated since the iui but that could be crummy eating habits and slacking off on going to the gym.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
#90 of 188 Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 AM

Thank you for the kind words of support, my head has healed and I'm fighting fit again at 9dpo.

So come on, let's have a round up of news!
@mamaBlue @wengrin @mareseatoats @PrimalJoy @lindscott @chuord And anyone else lurking! I summon you back to our gang's treehouse! Say the magic password (BFP) and give us a status update :-)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page