The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thanks Oxford! We've been spring cleaning and decluttering, it feels very therapeutic.
Happy Easter everyone!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#122 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Easter all! I started yesterday so here we go again! My best friend had figured out that we had done the iui and was really excited so when I told her I started her response was "that's f**king stupid" which was awesome because that's pretty much what I thought.
#123 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Big hugs Lindscott. She sounds like a great friend to have around to cheer you up. Are you having a natural cycle thisobth or trying something different?

I'm loving cd 4 and no meds to make me feel like a psycho!
#124 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 AM

We'll probably continue with clomid, trigger and iui this cycle. It was pretty easy so I don't see why wouldn't do it again.
#125 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope this spring brings us lots of BFP and sweet babies. Thinking of all of you. 

girl reading.gif absolutely in love with boy modifiedartist.gif.  DD loveeyes.gif (11/06) and DS luxlove.gif (08/11), and someone new in July stork-suprise.gif!
#126 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lindscott - Uggg! That's crummy about AF! Onto the next cycle! I am wishing for much success for you and your hubby.

Oxford and Chourd - It looks like spring cleaning and tidying is the thing to do right now no matter what part if the world we live in. (Although for you Chourd, it's autumn cleaning, yes?)

Mares - Great to hear from you! I hope your mama is doing well.

AFM - I'm enjoying having the windows open and feeling the spring air. It becomes too hot too soon in my part of the United States, so the days will soon be here that I have to close up the windows and blast the air conditioner. As I write this I am enjoying a warm breeze and a pretty view of the valley (I live on a hill) while I iron a mountain of clothes.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#127 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 03:35 PM

Mama blue - it is indeed autumn, but like you I'm revelling in the fact it's lovely weather, the hot humid summer has finally left us with pleasant temps and warm breezes, loving the fresh air and am feeling for you on the coming heat! When will you be due, mid summer? I've heard the heat is hard work when pg?
Mares - hello there! How's everything going?

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#128 of 188 Old 04-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#129 of 188 Old 04-21-2014, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Lindscott -- I'm sorry that this wasn't you month. Good luck on the coming cycle!

We're finally enjoying some nice weather now, trying to get outside more to enjoy it and get the garden started. I have two weeks left in my school semester, and that's really tough, but I'm so close to being done for a while! Baby is doing well. a real kickboxing champion in there. Kicks are definitely hard enough to feel from the outside, but hubby is usually too impatient to wait for them. Oh well. We met the new midwife last week, and I think the practice is a good fit. I'm probably more medically-minded than they're used to, but I think it will still work well. 

Some rough stuff going on today, so I can't write much. My middle kid made some suicide threats last night, so he was taken to psych ED and he's still there. I'm sort of a mess, but am trying to just deal with this calmly instead of reacting.

Anyway, I'm heading over to see what's up with him today. Thinking of all you ladies.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#130 of 188 Old 04-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Hey all!
Primal, sorry about your son! I hope you guys get done answers and he gets the help he needs.
Mama- I agree about enjoying the few good weather days. It feels like here in Texas we have very few!

Afm I had my appointment today with the re and I have a cyst on my left side so we're taking a month off of Clomid and hoping it goes away! I go back on the 12th to check it out. I'm ok with it though because I can get through the end of the school year without worrying about it.
#131 of 188 Old 04-21-2014, 04:36 PM

Firstly I have to share my laugh, I got to the end of your post lindscott and it finally dawned on me - you guys have summer holidays coming up! Lol I've been thinking to myself gee they won't get much rest over a two week break - sometimes I'm quite slow on the uptake!
Primal - huge hugs, I think staying calm is good. Hopefully they find out the reasons, and maybe it was just something he said to get your and dh attention. Sending prayers to you.
Lindscott - clomid lasts for a while afterwards anyway, so you never know your chances might still be there this month wink1.gif
Oxford - thanks for keeping this thread rolling - much appreciated!
Afm - blood test this morning to check o, lol still no idea here - over a week of strong ewcm (sorry tmi) but just enjoying life in the meantine

#132 of 188 Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 AM

Primal- it sounds like you have some massive worries at the moment. Your son must be very upset to say thibgs like that, I hope you get to the bottom of what's troubling him. Big hugs.

Mamablue- you sound to be in a very contented place! It's always good to enjoy what's happening right now. And you have so much to look forward to :-)

Chuord- great news on the EWCM. How did your test go? I hope you are enjoying the freedom of bd without a schedule ;-)

Lindscott- sorry to hear about your cyst. I had one during my first month of clomid and then it had gone by the next month. I hope yours does the same. Enjoy your unmediated month. This could be the big one!!

Chrissy- hope you had a good Easter. What's been happening with you?

Mares- how are you feeling now? Are you excited about the new house? How is your mum?

Wengrin- thinking of you sweetie. I'm hoping the nausea has subsided and you are starting to bloom :-)

We had a lovely Easter, doing jobs on the house and going out to see a show. I had such a lovely close time with DH, I'm really missing him today now I am back at work. I'm very blessed!

Have a good day everyone!
#133 of 188 Old 04-22-2014, 03:13 PM

Oxford - We've still been going every other day (roughly)no rest for the wicked right?
The nurse called yesterday no o yet but I'm going to take another test shortly (today) as the last one looked like I could be surging. I couldn't get details as father in law was also in the car - awkward!
Today is cd25 so here's hoping, apparently being around a week late is normal after ivf (I've been searching threads) some do go a bit earlier though so it's all about bd coverage lol. Where are you at in your cycle? Are you still going to try before ivf?
Chrissy you sound relaxed, how's life?
Mares - would love an update, you have so much going on hoping all is well.
Primal - how is your boy? Are things getting better? Maybe if you get a chance ask a naturopath about magnessium for him - as well as anything the docs prescribe.
Mamablue - thanks for the relaxed earth mother vibe, you always seem to stay zen smile.gif
Wengrin - any more comps before end of term? How are you coping?
Lindscott - enjoy your relaxed month, I've been loving mine! No injections and fake hormones seems like such a treat!
Lovey - are you still around?
Btw any lurkers? Jump in and say hi.

#134 of 188 Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 AM

Primal - I am so sorry that your son is having a hard time. I see in your signature that he is just a month younger than my dd2. This must be very difficult for your while family. I hope that he is able to get the help he needs to be happy and cope with what is troubling him.

#135 of 188 Old 04-23-2014, 09:47 AM

Beautifully written Mamablue. Primal, I echo this and add my sympathy. I hope your DS is improving. All our support to you love xxx
#136 of 188 Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hi, guys. We're trucking along over here. The hospital released DS2 on Monday afternoon. I'm waiting to get a follow up appointment and some counseling for him to see what's going on and what he can do. He's been a difficult kid in some ways for most of his life, throws very loud and prolonged tantrums. This whole episode came out of one of those times (as I understand it; he was at his dad's at the time). My initial reaction was to be really angry with him, because I felt that this was something he was saying because he wasn't getting his way. Given some time and research, I recognize that some kids with difficultly regulating emotions will sometimes end up with these thoughts and feelings (turning their rage against themselves), so I'm finding more compassion now and am just resigned that this is a path we're going to have to figure out with him. We have health insurance, but behavioral health care is still expensive for us and my ex-husband doesn't contribute to this, so it will be a challenge working this in.

I was really overwhelmed when this all came to a head, because my oldest has ADHD and socialization issues that I've dealt with since he's been in first grade. I had gotten used to having that factor in my life, and it's hard to think about having two kids with these higher level of challenges. I'm not a stay-at-home mom, and it's hard enough keeping all the balls in the air without this. I know that probably sounds very selfish in the midst of this, but it's how I feel sometimes. I did some reading this week and read somewhere that behavioral health and learning problems are estimated to be as heritable as height. I did grow up with issues in these areas, so it's something I probably should have expected to encounter with them. I just didn't expect it. It makes me question the wisdom or kindness in have biological children, let alone four of them. Not that I wouldn't want them in my life... This is hard to explain. I just don't know that I would have chosen to set them up for a lifetime of these problems if I'd known to expect them. So, maybe I'm glad I didn't know?

Anyway, thanks for your good thoughts, everyone. I'm doing better now, remembering that I weathered all this and live a pretty good life now, and we'll get through it with him, too.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#137 of 188 Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Everyone.

I am still so sick. Hanging in but having a hard time keeping a positive outlook. I still haven't received the results of my blood test. Today is 2 weeks. I am going to call their office and see if I can prod them along.

I just wanted to say Primal, I'm so sorry your family is going through a tough time. I completely empathize with you- I struggled with anxiety and depression as a tween/teen and didn't get help until I was in college. I see my DD struggling with anxiety but I can't tell that it's severe enough to get help for it. I just know exactly what you mean, it is hard sending children into the world knowing they may struggle like we did. But like you said, you got through it and turned out just fine, and so will your son. I hope he is doing better and hope you are able to find some affordable treatment options. That stinks when ex husband isn't contributing. Mine shirks medical bills too...it is frustrating.

I am cheering everyone on but i am so sick that I haven't been on much...I keep hoping I will start feeling better soon. I'm just so worn down and tired of being nauseous. I do have medicine to take and that saves me, but when it wears off I feel it coming back. I am into my 12th week so hopefully soon.

Take care and hope you all had a nice Easter!
#138 of 188 Old 04-23-2014, 03:35 PM

Primal - please be gentle with yourself - many kids have some emotional issues as kids. I'm a firm believer that often those that have an issue to work through end up with more inner strength, sympathy for others, and personal desire for achievement - just take a look at yourself and what you have achieved (I know you mentioned this). I have no children or personal experience but have you shared some of your own experiences with them? I'm thinking if they can see some of what you survived and how happy and successful you are now then it puts it more into perspective and gives a light at the end of the tunnel. I am generally an optimistic person (not sure if you all noticed wink1.gif ) but as a teenager I thought the world was ending when small emotional things happened... Dh and I watched a doco - scientifically proven that teenagers brains go a little emotionally gaga for a while (maybe it's the hormones?) I can't remember how old he is (I don't get signatures on the phone).
I think you are an incredible lady to be juggling all of your balls, hormonal as well and be able to step back, change your distress to understanding and look for solutions, he is lucky to have you!
Wengrin - hugs!!! I've heard that the length of morning sickness varies - here's hoping yours is done soon! Use the meds as much as you are able, i just hope you feel ok soon!
Afm - bloods yesterday indicate o today woohoo lol! Only 7 days later than normal post ivf lol...

#139 of 188 Old 04-26-2014, 01:07 AM

Morning all!

Primal- how are things with DS? Has he settled back at home? Have you started the counselling. It's so tough for you all. For what it's worth I did psychotherapy trAining a few years ago and I totally agree with what you said, suicide is the ultimate self loathing and turning everything back on yourself. Keep up the compassion and see if you can help him understand and name his feelings as they arise. Poor little lamb. It's a lot to bear when you're young. How old is he now? You know people always want to return to their youth and live it over, I certainly wouldn't, it's such a tough, insecure time. Big hugs to you primal as you support him and take care of your little one.

Wengrin- sorry to hear you are still having nausea :-( that must be so draining. Have things improved at all? You must be safely I to your second trimester now, I'm praying for relief for you. How are things with your other kids? Are they helping?

Chuord- well done on your natural O! Did you achieve good coverage? Are you enjoying the TWW? Are you planning another IVF next month (hopefully not required! ;-)

Mares- must be close to moving day, how are you getting on? Is your bump still growing? What do DS and dd think about it? How is your mum doing?

Mamablue- are you maintaining your zen? Is your bump big now? I hope you made it through that ironing :-)

Lindscott/Chrissy- are you still with us?

Afm it's CD10 and I am loving this natural cycle! I feel so good without a load of drugs swishing round my system and making me irritable and emotional. We have been to two shows this week and generally going out and enjoying being together. Spring is in full force here so the days are light and mainly sunny and all the trees are bursting back to life. I feel good physically at the moment, my body feels like it is in flow and I'm not fighting it. So I'm hopeful that this naturL cycle will work and I will be pregnant for summer. Watch this space!

Have a good weekend everyone!
#140 of 188 Old 04-26-2014, 03:51 PM

Oxford - ditto on all your comments re natural - it's like the best present ever right? Just having a cycle off the meds smile.gif
Also can't wait to hear all your updates!
Afm yep another ivf next month if this is a bust, starting hcg nasal spray as support and next months prep today greensad.gif lol I'm so not into meds right now... Also have had headaches since o!!!! Over that too!
Hugs to you all xxx

#141 of 188 Old 04-27-2014, 02:52 PM

Headaches are improving to background smile.gif
Oxford you asked about if I was covered this month? I think so... -1,-2,-3,-5,-7,-9,-10 lol
How was everyone's weekend?

#142 of 188 Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 AM

Hi,

Glad to hear the headaches have subsided chuord.

My weekend was lovely. I went to an all day "mindfulness" workshop, which was fab. So relaxing and grounding. I'm feeling really good this month. It's cd12 here so just enjoying a natural month and not feeling grotty

Any news?
#143 of 188 Old 04-28-2014, 08:43 AM

Chourd and Oxford - You two sound so relaxed and peaceful. It makes me happy. love.gif

Just cruising along here. Everything is good.

#144 of 188 Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM

Thanks mamablue smile.gif we're catching your zen!
Oxford - I started the synarel on Sunday, and woohoo so far it's not dampening my zen so fx it stays that way... Dh will be traveling a week at a time for work and I really want to go with him, so am hoping I don't have to do ivf next month, but whatever it takes right smile.gif

#145 of 188 Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 AM

Hello everyone!

Chuord, how is the spray going? Are you maintaining your zen?

It's cd14 over here so in the midst of bd season. I'm ****l feeling good. My challenge this week is to go with the flow and not push DH too much. It's a terrible combination of hormones and need to get as much bd as possible for baby reasons! It's not very zen so I am trying to let it go. I have 30% of me that thinks if I can just get pregnant this month I can avoid IVF next month, but whatever will be will be! Step away from DH, put him down, poor guy!!!

Hope you are all doing well with your bumps?
Wengrin, is there light at the end of the tunnel yet?
#146 of 188 Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 AM

Don't know what is going on with the stars. It should say- ****l feeling good!!
#147 of 188 Old 04-30-2014, 07:17 AM

Weird! It's changed it to stars again.
Should say - S-T-I-L-L

What a palaver!!
#148 of 188 Old 04-30-2014, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
You're not the only one that's having issues, oxford.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#149 of 188 Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 AM

Crikey, I don't post for days and now you can't shut me up!!!!

Just phoned the hospital for my AMH tests results. It is 67.9 pmol/L, which is the highest category for optimal ovarian fertility potential. But also aligns with my polycystic ovaries. So good news that I'm not low on eggs, but as expected with PCOS. Useful data for planning IVF though.

Had anyone else had amh test?
#150 of 188 Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 AM

I had an AMH and I completely forgot what my results were. I'll follow up if I can find it.

I'm not much help. orngtongue.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page