~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Lol girlspn we have been trying every other day since cycle day 18 and are on 27 now.. we will probably keep that pattern until
I get a positive opk and then switch to everyday.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#62 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I don't feel much better after my appt. The doc did a pelvic exam because she said it was to early to see anything on US. She did feel something right in the area that I have been feeling pain. I have to go in for the HCG test tomorrow (lab was already closed today) and then I guess Monday, since they are not open on Saturday. She told me not to travel, not to be alone (in case it IS ectopic and ruptures), no DTD. She said it's possible that it's just a cyst or scar tissue from my C-sections, but there's no way to know for sure. I have US scheduled for the 15th. I really don't know how to feel. This is so frustrating. DH keeps telling me not to stress over it, but how the heck am I supposed to relax?

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#63 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:14 PM

Ugh I'm sorry dmariev. greensad.gif not knowing makes it 100x worse. And of course you can't relax when that is going on. I really hope it's nothing too serious.

My chart -

#64 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Against my better judgment, I tested again, rationalizing it's been 12 hours since the last test. A squinter, but it appeared before 10 minutes. Not sure if it shows up but here's a pic..

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#65 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Looked positive again. I'd wait and test again in a couple of days... But I know its hard to wait that long.

My chart -

#66 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Lol girlspn we have been trying every other day since cycle day 18 and are on 27 now.. we will probably keep that pattern until
I get a positive opk and then switch to everyday.

That's great-- you guys will catch that egg!! :) Your dh is a good sport ;)

#2 due December 2014!
#67 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

I don't feel much better after my appt. The doc did a pelvic exam because she said it was to early to see anything on US. She did feel something right in the area that I have been feeling pain. I have to go in for the HCG test tomorrow (lab was already closed today) and then I guess Monday, since they are not open on Saturday. She told me not to travel, not to be alone (in case it IS ectopic and ruptures), no DTD. She said it's possible that it's just a cyst or scar tissue from my C-sections, but there's no way to know for sure. I have US scheduled for the 15th. I really don't know how to feel. This is so frustrating. DH keeps telling me not to stress over it, but how the heck am I supposed to relax?
So frustrating! I wish you had gotten some reassurance. But maybe you'll get your betas tomorrow. If it's a really high number, that would be nice....fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post

Against my better judgment, I tested again, rationalizing it's been 12 hours since the last test. A squinter, but it appeared before 10 minutes. What do you think?

Well, I don't think I see anything. Do you have a pic of it looking more directly down on the test window? Will you test again tomorrow?

I tested when I got home and bfn. I will test in am again and if bfn, I'm not taking the progesterone again until after O.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#68 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

@t2009
 nice lines!! what dpo are you?

11dpo here, nausea since 7dpo, and this morning's cheapie tests were inconclusive. I *think* I see lines under the light but doesn't show up in pics so maybe evap? Don't want to get my hopes up.. No digital tests available and EPT is $15 for 1 test, so I'll just wait. You ladies living on the mainland US are lucky, lol! If not pregnant, AF would be here on Sunday. 
@grlspn-Way to go! I can make out a tiny bit but angle is rough. (Responding to your later post!) I'm 16 DPO. Maybe try this weekend? Fingers crossed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

AFM: I GOT THE JOB!!! Wahoooo!! I am super excited!!

Yay Rosie!! Awesome news!
Quote:

Yeah, I'm here. I stopped POAS after that last batch. DH said he would no longer support my obsession lol. I'm feeling about the same I guess, still have those sharp pains on the left on & off. I was actually in the ER early Monday morning from fainting twice in the shower. I cut my ankle shaving and a few minutes later it was lights-out. Poor DH had to jump in and hold my head up because he said I was convulsing and choking on my tongue. Then when he tried to get me out of the shower, it happened again. The ER doc said I looked fine, and I have my OB apt at 4:45 PST today. I know it's early, but I think I'm going to push for an US, just so I can have some peace of mind.

How scary, Dmariev! I hope you're able to rest tonight & feeling better tomorrow. And I hope you get some answers quickly!

And @Alivewithyou, sorry for the financial woes. We're also close to buying a home & I fear it's a money pit & that we can't afford another (child, not house). I hope you can push through the most stressful aspects & find ways to relax & take care of yourself!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#69 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 PM

kita: I spoke to my friend about her passing out episodes that coincide with AF. She said that it doesn't always happen, but it seems to happen when she has REALLY bad cramps. So her dr concluded that the pain from the cramps is causing her to faint. And when it happens, she has super heavy bleeding. She said the only way she can manage it is to take strong pain meds when AF starts. If she can keep the pain at bay, she doesn't faint. When I mentioned the possibility of shedding the entire lining at once, she instantly said "yes...I have super heavy bleeding and severe cramps." So it's not clear if it's the same thing, but sounds possible?? Like I said before, she also has PCOS and still had 3 healthy babies.

Now, regarding your DH not wanting to test. Does he say why? I mean, I know it could seem embarrassing to him, but the ppl at the dr office have seen this scenario 1000's of times. It's like checking for something as common as strep to them. I'm the type that would get so mad I'd end up saying "then I guess we never need to have sex EVER AGAIN if you can't do this one thing for us!" Or is he worried about cost?

Maybe you could ask your dr to do a post coital test instead. At least they could look at some of his swimmers to see if any are alive and swimming correctly. And he wouldn't have to do anything for that other than DTD with you. Men!! Ugh! At least they don't have to lie there in stirrups getting poked and prodded through their privates! They'd never hack it if they had to go through half of what we have to.

05/14
#70 of 592 Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Congrats Rosie that is awesome on the new job! smile.gif

Temp shifted up slightly (not post o yet) and I think I have ewcm today... It's hard to know for sure ha ha. wink1.gif

C'mon O!!!!

Quote:

Against my better judgment, I tested again, rationalizing it's been 12 hours since the last test. A squinter, but it appeared before 10 minutes. Not sure if it shows up but here's a pic..

Oh I see that! Post another view!!

If this ends up being an ectopic, I don't think I will TTC anymore. I have never been this anxious or stressed during a pregnancy before, and it's affecting my family. I think I've passed my (personal) prime.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#71 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

*Updated to Here*

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#72 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Don't worry ladies I haven't forgotten about you all. 

I know I need to go through and do my personals.

We went to our appointment yesterday at the urologist (1 1/2-2 hour drive each way for a 10 minute appointment) but the doctor does seem rather optimistic that they can do the procedure on my husband and get sperm for IVF so that is a huge positive. 

Next is the MOCK (hoping to get it done this month), Than the next month we could start IVF. I am just ready to start already. It seems like I have been here for so long and I have been waiting and waiting (I know others have been here longer - I am sorry and pray that April will be each of your months). 

I also have a job interview today -really nervous, my last job ended at the end of March (term position). That meant changing our budget completely so we could live off just my husband's cheque. Money is a huge worry/concern for both of us. I keep wondering if now is the right time to try for a baby but how long do you put it off. 

#73 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

If this ends up being an ectopic, I don't think I will TTC anymore. I have never been this anxious or stressed during a pregnancy before, and it's affecting my family. I think I've passed my (personal) prime.

I really hope it's not ectopic and having a baby works out for you. :hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Don't worry ladies I haven't forgotten about you all. 

I know I need to go through and do my personals.

We went to our appointment yesterday at the urologist (1 1/2-2 hour drive each way for a 10 minute appointment) but the doctor does seem rather optimistic that they can do the procedure on my husband and get sperm for IVF so that is a huge positive. 

Next is the MOCK (hoping to get it done this month), Than the next month we could start IVF. I am just ready to start already. It seems like I have been here for so long and I have been waiting and waiting (I know others have been here longer - I am sorry and pray that April will be each of your months). 

I also have a job interview today -really nervous, my last job ended at the end of March (term position). That meant changing our budget completely so we could live off just my husband's cheque. Money is a huge worry/concern for both of us. I keep wondering if now is the right time to try for a baby but how long do you put it off. 

I don't know anything about fertility treatments but I know that when you want a baby every day waiting is forever.  I waited 5 years for my husband to be ready to try again.  Good vibes your way that the waiting goes quickly for you.  

I don' think there's ever a perfect time, moneywise, to have a baby.  We all just do it anyway.  Lol

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#74 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 05:58 AM

I agree with antonin, there's never an affordable time to have a baby (unless you just make loads of money). Especially for younger ladies hoping or a baby. Those just starting careers, etc. But we do it anyway and it all works out. Don't stress about all that.

AFM BFN on FRER this morning. So I'm stopping the progesterone to bring on AF. I'm anxious to get this started so I can fire up my CBFM (fertility monitor) again. I just hope I catch a good egg soon. Otherwise, idk how much longer I can keep trying...

05/14
#75 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 AM

I noticed the past few months that there have been times that ff has had a special offer for VIP membership. It's usually around $45 for a one yr membership. Around valentines day they had a special and I didn't take it cause I hoped I was pregnant and would no longer be charting. And I was - for all of like 5 minutes....so I noticed a special again and since I got bfn today, I decided to go ahead and pay up. My point is, I got the VIP membership for one year for $25....
AntoninBeGonin likes this.

05/14
#76 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM

@dmariev get lots of rest and stay positive.. easier said than done I know.. really hope everything turns out ok. 

@rosie2727 i'm sorry to hear about the bfn.. but how do you know that bfp wouldn't show up later? Some ladies don't get bfps until well past when AF is due. Sorry, I'm just asking as I'm not sure how it all works. I took progest-e last cycle and AF arrived 13 days after ovulation so it didn't seem that progesterone delayed it. 

@tinytina good luck on your interview! that's great news that they'd be able to get your husband's sperm for IVF and that you can start soon. Yay! Finances are ongoing issues. I know people who make close to six figures a year who don't think that's enough for more than one kid, and people making minimum wage who are raising a few kids and everyone's happy. It takes planning to have a baby on a smaller budget, but ttc and pregnancy gives you time to work it out. 

#2 due December 2014!
#77 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Looked positive again. I'd wait and test again in a couple of days... But I know its hard to wait that long.

That's why I have a 25 pack of cheap test strips for $5... because I get the itch to test twice a day. Ugh, the cheapies don't work for early testing though, so I learned my lesson on that one. So far all bfn. 

#2 due December 2014!
#78 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:18 PM

Tested again this morning (12dpo). I think this is it? Very excited and a bit scared now. 

#2 due December 2014!
#79 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:

@dmariev
 get lots of rest and stay positive.. easier said than done I know.. really hope everything turns out ok. 

@rosie2727
 i'm sorry to hear about the bfn.. but how do you know that bfp wouldn't show up later? Some ladies don't get bfps until well past when AF is due. Sorry, I'm just asking as I'm not sure how it all works. I took progest-e last cycle and AF arrived 13 days after ovulation so it didn't seem that progesterone delayed it. 

@tinytina
 good luck on your interview! that's great news that they'd be able to get your husband's sperm for IVF and that you can start soon. Yay! Finances are ongoing issues. I know people who make close to six figures a year who don't think that's enough for more than one kid, and people making minimum wage who are raising a few kids and everyone's happy. It takes planning to have a baby on a smaller budget, but ttc and pregnancy gives you time to work it out. 
I know that can be normal for some women, but I've been pregnant a hundred times....ok, not 100, but 7 wink1.gif and I've learned that for me, I tend to get BFP at 12dpo. And that's on a cheapie. So 13dpo on FRER, I feel, for me, is accurate enough. And isn't progest-e OTC? No offense, but I've heard that OTC progesterone supplements don't help unless you basically bathe in the stuff. I'm on prescription progesterone, same stuff they'd give me at BFP. It is strong enough to delay AF by about a week or so (based on my research anyway). I was on it last month during mc and it delayed my bleeding. I stopped it when I knew I was mc'g, but didn't bleed for 4-5 more days. On a different note, your test today looks UH-MAZING!!! Congrats!! That's quite the progression from yesterday!! Yay!

05/14
#80 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:

I know that can be normal for some women, but I've been pregnant a hundred times....ok, not 100, but 7 wink1.gif and I've learned that for me, I tend to get BFP at 12dpo. And that's on a cheapie. So 13dpo on FRER, I feel, for me, is accurate enough. And isn't progest-e OTC? No offense, but I've heard that OTC progesterone supplements don't help unless you basically bathe in the stuff. I'm on prescription progesterone, same stuff they'd give me at BFP. It is strong enough to delay AF by about a week or so (based on my research anyway). I was on it last month during mc and it delayed my bleeding. I stopped it when I knew I was mc'g, but didn't bleed for 4-5 more days. On a different note, your test today looks UH-MAZING!!! Congrats!! That's quite the progression from yesterday!! Yay!

Well, 7 times is more than double how many times I've been pregnant so I'll take your word for it, lol! Did you need progesterone in your previous pregnancies? 

Yes, progest-e is OTC, and I was taking it for other reasons besides ttc. I'm still not sure whether or not progesterone is an issue for me. I'm still nursing a toddler so I think my LP wasn't long enough in the early months of ttc only until recently when we cut down on her nursing. I should probably call the dr who did my IUI to ask.. 

Thanks! I'm so relieved because I used donor sperm and only had 1 (very expensive) shot. Really hope it sticks. 

#2 due December 2014!
#81 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Well, 7 times is more than double how many times I've been pregnant so I'll take your word for it, lol! Did you need progesterone in your previous pregnancies? 

Yes, progest-e is OTC, and I was taking it for other reasons besides ttc. I'm still not sure whether or not progesterone is an issue for me. I'm still nursing a toddler so I think my LP wasn't long enough in the early months of ttc only until recently when we cut down on her nursing. I should probably call the dr who did my IUI to ask.. 

Thanks! I'm so relieved because I used donor sperm and only had 1 (very expensive) shot. Really hope it sticks. 
I have needed it in one or two of my healthy pregnancies, and every mc I had, I tested low. So my RE started me on it 3dpo until AF is due. If I get BFP, just keep taking it. If negative, bring on AF and start all over.

Man, there has been a lot of good luck lately...I hope there's more to come for everyone else!

05/14
#82 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

dmariev - I'm sorry there was nothing conclusive during the appt.  

tinytina - good luck on the interview!!

rosie - ugh, I was so sorry to see your post that it was BFN.  

grlspn - that's it!!!!  Congratulations!!  

AFM - 5DPO, with likely a secondary estrogen surge going on -- but I tend to get those regardless.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#83 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

dmariev - I'm sorry there was nothing conclusive during the appt.  

tinytina - good luck on the interview!!

grlspn - that's it!!!!  Congratulations!!  

AFM - 5DPO, with likely a secondary estrogen surge going on -- but I tend to get those regardless.

:yeah

is it cheating if I use this as my personals? bag.gif

:duckmy sense of humour is funny only to me

#84 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

ROFL Chilee! I thought about it too.

I find it hard to go back and make sure I catch everyone.

Just want to say thanks everyone for being so supportive of me taking over the thread this month. 

Also thanks everyone for the good luck wishes for the interview --it seemed to go well, really informal, should find out early next week. It seems like the job would be a good fit so I have my fingers crossed. But it might mean waiting until August-September to do the IVF because of a very tightly scheduled summer. We have decided to talk about it over the next couple days before deciding one way or another. 

My husband wrote his final exam last night in his course and tonight we found out he got an A+ in the course- so big smiles at our house tonight.

AntoninBeGonin and girlspn like this.

#85 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

thanks. First month in awhile since I didn't even get sad about it. Weird. But liberating.

05/14
#86 of 592 Old 04-03-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:

thanks. First month in awhile since I didn't even get sad about it. Weird. But liberating.

I'm at the point where just a period would be wonderful. I've been very moody and depressed plus breaking out again... Stupid hormones.

My chart -

#87 of 592 Old 04-04-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

I am going back to the beginning and starting my personals. Hello to everyone and sorry in advance if I missed anyone

@NSmomtobe - hope your sick child is feeling better and that the roads are better now. 

@AntoninBeGonin - hope your thermometer arrives quickly. I know you are right there is never the 'perfect' time to have a baby. The fertility treatments is a long complicated process.

Congrats @t2009

Hi @marilyn612 !

Hello and welcome @franluvsbubba!

@Alivewithyou -I understand what you mean about concerns over money- it has been a huge discussion at our house as well. 

@NaturallyMo - I like your focus on your health and the weather. It is suppose to get a bit warmer here this weekend. I want to start using my Wii Fit again too.

Hugs @rosie2727, I know its hard to be here again for another month- it does seem to take forever. Congrats on getting the job dear. You are a strong woman- you inspire me.

Hugs @alittlemischief- hope you get positive news

@dmariev- very scary, hope you are feeling better and hoping things work out dear

@Kita4- sorry to hear your scans were normal and your husband is not cooperating either. What is the next step?

Congrats @girlspn

Best wishes for AF finding you soon @Alivewithyou. Sorry to hear about your hormone issues

Hello @chilee, @apeydef, @Siuann, @jenjy

I think our biggest concerns in terms of finances is the costs of IVF. Still waiting for more word from the lawyers about this. So waiting a couple more months before starting might not be a bad thing.

We did find out that the insurance is covering 80% of the costs of my husband's new wheelchair- now we need to gather the paperwork to get the rest of it covered. That would be a huge weight of our shoulders.

#88 of 592 Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

OMG i see a positive @girlspn !!!!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#89 of 592 Old 04-04-2014, 12:05 PM

@jenjy @NaturallyMo @tinytina Thank you!!

#2 due December 2014!
#90 of 592 Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Soooo... I guess I am back. Haha! My SO and I found out I was pregnant around Dec. 11 this past year and I had a miscarriage when I was 5w 6d. Well, we spoke with my OB/GYN and she said we could try again after two AF. Well, I FINALLY got my 2 AF out of the way and we are currently in the 2WW. I noticed yesterday my nipples were tender and today my entire breasts are starting to get tender again like when I had a BFP in December. I am not getting my hopes up but I have that gut feeling I am... Good luck ladies!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page