~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you ladies this group and you guys are making this time go by fast and I am truly blessed with all of y'all!And lets have faith that we will be blessed
AntoninBeGonin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Waiting to O
25 day cycle and light periods do not bode well for me greensad.gif
#123 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Well, they sell them here at Dollar Tree amazingly enough but I can't get there and get it without my son knowing I am getting it and last thing I want is to get his hopes up too because he's wanted a sibling since he was 4 1/2 and he is 8 1/2 right now.
When he was 4 1/2 he told me to go buy him a brother or sister at the people shop! ūüėāūüėā
AntoninBeGonin likes this.
#124 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka29 View Post

Thank you ladies I am having my tubal reversal in october 8th 2014 and so I am going to start right after I am cleared by doctor but I know I in my Gods hands!

Welcome! Good luck with the reversal. You've picked a nice thread in which to hang out in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

Yeah, I'm here. I stopped POAS after that last batch. DH said he would no longer support my obsession lol. I'm feeling about the same I guess, still have those sharp pains on the left on & off. I was actually in the ER early Monday morning from fainting twice in the shower. I cut my ankle shaving and a few minutes later it was lights-out. Poor DH had to jump in and hold my head up because he said I was convulsing and choking on my tongue. Then when he tried to get me out of the shower, it happened again. The ER doc said I looked fine, and I have my OB apt at 4:45 PST today. I know it's early, but I think I'm going to push for an US, just so I can have some peace of mind.

Okay, that was super scary. Have you had seizures before? Did you faint from blood loss/the sight of blood or were you lightheaded from bending over? I tend to get dizzy and lightheaded in early pregnancy, so I can see that. Did you hit your head? Did you feel pain anywhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita4 View Post

OBGYN called back and said my ultrasound scans were normal. WTH!??

I know I didn't pass out in the check out lane for no reason!!

so so so so so disappointed and so confused. 

:(:angry:(:(:angry:(:(:angry:(:(:angry:(:(:angry:(:(:angry:(

and hubby is sort of refusing to do a SA. I thought he might pull that one.... :( sigh... 

Oh, Kita, I don't know what to say about the lack of answers from the ultrasound. Obviously there was something wrong there. I am also curious about why your DH is refusing to do a SA. I can actually think of lots of reasons that mine would not, but I'm curious about which reasons are at play here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post

I don't feel much better after my appt. The doc did a pelvic exam because she said it was to early to see anything on US. She did feel something right in the area that I have been feeling pain. I have to go in for the HCG test tomorrow (lab was already closed today) and then I guess Monday, since they are not open on Saturday. She told me not to travel, not to be alone (in case it IS ectopic and ruptures), no DTD. She said it's possible that it's just a cyst or scar tissue from my C-sections, but there's no way to know for sure. I have US scheduled for the 15th. I really don't know how to feel. This is so frustrating. DH keeps telling me not to stress over it, but how the heck am I supposed to relax?

I'm sorry, dmariev. This is stressful. I really hope it is not ectopic, but if it is, I hope you will know very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Don't worry ladies I haven't forgotten about you all. 

I know I need to go through and do my personals.

We went to our appointment yesterday at the urologist (1 1/2-2 hour drive each way for a 10 minute appointment) but the doctor does seem rather optimistic that they can do the procedure on my husband and get sperm for IVF so that is a huge positive. 

Next is the MOCK (hoping to get it done this month), Than the next month we could start IVF. I am just ready to start already. It seems like I have been here for so long and I have been waiting and waiting (I know others have been here longer - I am sorry and pray that April will be each of your months). 

I also have a job interview today -really nervous, my last job ended at the end of March (term position). That meant changing our budget completely so we could live off just my husband's cheque. Money is a huge worry/concern for both of us. I keep wondering if now is the right time to try for a baby but how long do you put it off. 

I'm glad the job interview went well and your husband's course has gone well. I know money is always a concern, but my advice at this point is not to put it off too long because you don't know how long it will take, and the younger you are the greater the chance of success. You are under 30, so if you have to wait a few months it won't hurt though. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

I noticed the past few months that there have been times that ff has had a special offer for VIP membership. It's usually around $45 for a one yr membership. Around valentines day they had a special and I didn't take it cause I hoped I was pregnant and would no longer be charting. And I was - for all of like 5 minutes....so I noticed a special again and since I got bfn today, I decided to go ahead and pay up. My point is, I got the VIP membership for one year for $25....

Congratulations on getting the job, Rosie! How do you like the VIP membership? I've had it before for trial runs, but it has been so long that I can't remember the features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

I'm at the point where just a period would be wonderful. I've been very moody and depressed plus breaking out again... Stupid hormones.

I'm sorry your cycle is still long and drawn out.

Quote:

i don't think so. OPKs, fertility monitor, and temping as far as tools go. Supplement wise....aspirin, prenatal, CoQ10, B6, royal jelly, and progesterone is what I've been doing. But I'm so tired of taking like 10 pills a day. I'm thinking of just going with prenatal, aspirin, and progesterone. I'm mostly curious to see when AF will arrive. Tomorrow is when I'd normally expect it, so we shall see...

What about you?

I'm glad your AF came right on schedule. How do you take royal jelly? I noticed at the store that there was honey mixed with royal jelly and I have been considering getting some for my smoothies. It couldn't hurt, could it?

AFM, I will likely test tomorrow, as long as my temperature doesn't drastically drop. I have no symptoms though so I am expecting a BFN.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#125 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Alright ladies.. I hate when opks are this close. In your honest opinions.. Is this negative or positive? I will continue to temp for confirmation but just wanted to get your ideas. And yeah because I have to ask it's probably not lol.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#126 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

@Alivewithyou That looks positive to me. Do you usually get lines that dark or darker? My +opk on test strips never get near as dark as control line though I definitely ovulated the day after.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#127 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 PM

My positive last month was darker than the control line so not sure. I wasn't able to temp this morning because I drank last night and I knew it wouldn't be accurate.

My chart -

#128 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
please 2WW
Well really, 3 day wait if I start AF on time or at all.
My temp has been high the past couple days..98.2, 98.5, 98.6. My boobs hurt so bad and I have bad acne like a 14 year old.
Guess I'll know this week...

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
#129 of 592 Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post

AFM- my last cycle was 25 days, O'd on CD15 with 10 LP. Now I'm on CD 31. O'd on CD 19 according to FF. Lots of BFN's, cramps, highly emotional but no AF. I don't think that this month we have much of a chance, so what's going on?!

Oh that is frustrating.  How confident are you in the O date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post

Waiting to O
25 day cycle and light periods do not bode well for me greensad.gif

Oh chilee, darn.  I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maof1 View Post

When he was 4 1/2 he told me to go buy him a brother or sister at the people shop! ūüėāūüėā

That is so precious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

AFM, I will likely test tomorrow, as long as my temperature doesn't drastically drop. I have no symptoms though so I am expecting a BFN.

I know it's discouraging not to have symptoms, but.good luck!!!

Quote:

Alright ladies.. I hate when opks are this close. In your honest opinions.. Is this negative or positive? I will continue to temp for confirmation but just wanted to get your ideas. And yeah because I have to ask it's probably not lol.

Honestly, that looks negative to me.  The good news is that you could very well be gearing up to O!!  I am always happy when my OPKs go to something like this because usually a positive one is around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTwo View Post

please 2WW
My temp has been high the past couple days..98.2, 98.5, 98.6. My boobs hurt so bad and I have bad acne like a 14 year old.

Oh, good luck!

AFM - My cold has been really super mild, so I'm happy about that.  My DD was out nearly all last week with the cold, so I thought I had a rough week ahead.  Thanks for every one's encouragement about it!  :D  9DPO tomorrow, and of course I will be testing.  :)  I also have no symptoms, and am also expecting BFN but oh well.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#130 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
@jenjy I was confident I O'd then, give or take a day, I had crosshairs on FF, and a pos opk. But either way, I had a temp drop today and AF has arrived. So I'm back to waiting to O again.

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
#131 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 03:37 AM

Quote:

I think it looks negative, BUT if it is the darkest you've seen, it might be the closest to positive you will get. Last cycle I did not get a positive at all (I missed one day and then stopped testing once my temperature increased. This cycle I got one that was close (like yours) that went away the next day and then I had a temperature increase. From my limited experience, I believe that the LH surge is brief, and you have to be lucky to catch it at the right time of day to get a true positive. Otherwise, use "close enough" as your positive. In fact, the day I got my close enough was the only day DH and I BD within the fertile window...

AFM: My temperature was 98.0 this morning, which is on the way down, so I almost didn't bother testing. Then I thought of all of you, and I decided I'd do one anyway, just to report back. The control line came up right away and I decided to leave it as I brushed my teeth, etc. When I looked back a couple minutes later, there was the unmistakable hint of a second line. So I used another test, and by the time the second line appeared on that one, the first test was crystal clear. Actually, both test strips now look almost as dark as Alive's strip I quoted above (change LH to HCG). However, I was using test strips with sensitivity of 10 (vs. 20-25). Does anyone else think that low temperaure is a sign of low progesterone? I'd better get my prescription filled today.

#132 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 AM

Ns...yay! I dont know about the temp though...i am over 40, but all metric...lol.
#133 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 AM

Thanks, chilee! I just ran the conversion and 98 F is 36.67 C, so yeah... kind of low. I chose to use F for charting because I think it is more sensitive to smaller increments (?), but really it's because that's what most of my online friends use.

#134 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I think about you all everyday and hope that everyone graduate with sticky babies soon.

After discussing things with my husband, we have decided that if I get the job offer we will wait until September. It makes the most sense for our family. I still have mixed feelings though

@jenjy -it is the only fertility clinic in the province so it is our only option. Hope you feel better. Good luck testing.

@NSmomtobe- I know waiting isn't the best idea but I need to be practical- plus we are trying to get some clarification about a few things with the lawyer and now we are dealing with all the paperwork to get my husband a new wheelchair. We both recognize that our young ages will work to our advantage during the IVF process but I also recognize that the positives do out weigh the negatives. Sounds like your test might have been a huge surprise

@ericka29- welcome, hope the tubal reversal is successful

@badwolf092087- hope it went well at church. Hope your appt on Wednesday goes well.

@rosie2727- I love your attitude!

@AntoninBeGonin- here is to hoping this will be the month. Glad you check your app

@alittlemischief- have you talked to your doctor? Sorry AF arrived

@maof1- I can only imagine how difficult the 2ww is a difficult time. What can you do to distract yourself?

@chilee- sorry hun. What is your plan this month? Have you talked to your doctor?

@Alivewithyou- I see a positive 

Fingers crossed @OneWithTwo

Hello everyone I have forgotten

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
‚ÄúThe past has no power over the present moment.‚ÄĚ Eckhart Tolle
#135 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

*Updated to Here*

Anyone else need to be updated? 

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
‚ÄúThe past has no power over the present moment.‚ÄĚ Eckhart Tolle
#136 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

please 2WW

Hey OneWithTwo!  I remember you from when I used to come to MDC when my kids were littler.  Good luck TTC!  :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

AFM - My cold has been really super mild, so I'm happy about that.  My DD was out nearly all last week with the cold, so I thought I had a rough week ahead.  Thanks for every one's encouragement about it!  :D  9DPO tomorrow, and of course I will be testing.  :)  I also have no symptoms, and am also expecting BFN but oh well.

Good luck tomorrow!!  Glad you're feeling better. :)

Quote:

@jenjy I was confident I O'd then, give or take a day, I had crosshairs on FF, and a pos opk. But either way, I had a temp drop today and AF has arrived. So I'm back to waiting to O again.

:Hug

Quote:

Hello everyone,

I think about you all everyday and hope that everyone graduate with sticky babies soon.

After discussing things with my husband, we have decided that if I get the job offer we will wait until September. It makes the most sense for our family. I still have mixed feelings though

It's tough to put off babymaking, especially when you really want a baby.  What job is it?  :)

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06 .   (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#137 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:

please 2WW
I don't chart my temperature but the breaking out and boobs hurting, I have been dealing with that for the last 4 days now. Today makes 6dpo for me though... Contemplating going out and distracting my son by telling him to pick out a toy from the toy isle in dollar tree while I have them grab me some tests! Haha! I am supposed to start the 15th/16th...

@jenjy When I told him there wasn't a people shop he said we could have the workers build one and they could be $30. Mind you his daddy worked for his father's construction company before his daddy passed away. But he said it so seriously I couldn't help but giggle. That is definitely a memory I will cherish forever.
#138 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 AM

Jenjy: I hope this is your lucky month.it would make me happy to see one of us get a bfp and sticky bean so soon after.

Nsmomtobe: congrats on what sounds like a bfp! Hopefully your temp stabilizes but I would definitely get a prescription.

Tinytina: I hope your plans work out in whatever way you feel is best for your family. It is hard to go back to waiting after trying.

So the bad news is dh was too exhausted and distracted with school to bd last night. In fact I am now exhausted after a restless night of depression and feeling like maybe I'm not ready for a baby and that all this crap is a sign. The good news is based on my super low temp this morning I have still not ovulated. To be perfectly honest though I truly believe this cycle is a bust.

My chart -

#139 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 AM

@Alivewithyou sorry you're going through so much.  All the ups and downs can really take their toll on anyone.  

AFM, noticed some spotting before I got in the shower this morning.  I know it could be an implantation sign but more likely AF is telling me a friendly "Hello" :blowkiss.  Doesn't bother me either way.  If I'm pregnant that's great but if not at least my body is getting back into its own rhythm.  

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06 .   (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#140 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I'm totally posting a selfish all about me post. HR called me this morning and it turns out that other group I was going to work for has rescinded their offer. Wtf??!! How does this happen? I'm beyond livid pissed right now.

Congrats to NSmom though!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#141 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:

Ugh, I'm so sorry.

Quote:

AFM: My temperature was 98.0 this morning, which is on the way down, so I almost didn't bother testing. Then I thought of all of you, and I decided I'd do one anyway, just to report back. The control line came up right away and I decided to leave it as I brushed my teeth, etc. When I looked back a couple minutes later, there was the unmistakable hint of a second line. So I used another test, and by the time the second line appeared on that one, the first test was crystal clear. Actually, both test strips now look almost as dark as Alive's strip I quoted above (change LH to HCG). However, I was using test strips with sensitivity of 10 (vs. 20-25). Does anyone else think that low temperaure is a sign of low progesterone? I'd better get my prescription filled today.

Oh my gosh!!!  That is so exciting!  Yay!!!  One fluctuating temp wouldn't worry me, but yeah - get the progesterone filled!  It'll be good to take in case!  Congratulations!!!

Quote:

I sure wish there was another option.  :(  When will you know if you get the job offer?

Quote:

So the bad news is dh was too exhausted and distracted with school to bd last night. In fact I am now exhausted after a restless night of depression and feeling like maybe I'm not ready for a baby and that all this crap is a sign. The good news is based on my super low temp this morning I have still not ovulated. To be perfectly honest though I truly believe this cycle is a bust.

Oh Alive, hugs!!!  You really could be O'ing today or tomorrow!  I REALLY don't think this all is a sign you are not ready for a baby.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post

AFM, noticed some spotting before I got in the shower this morning.  I know it could be an implantation sign but more likely AF is telling me a friendly "Hello" :blowkiss.  Doesn't bother me either way.  If I'm pregnant that's great but if not at least my body is getting back into its own rhythm.  

Aw, AntoninBeGonin, hope it's not signs of AF!  

@rosie2727  What?!  That doesn't even remotely make sense.  What on earth!?!?!?  What are you going to do????

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#142 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks, chilee! I just ran the conversion and 98 F is 36.67 C, so yeah... kind of low. I chose to use F for charting because I think it is more sensitive to smaller increments (?), but really it's because that's what most of my online friends use.

i use ff, but stopped temping a couple of years ago. My temps were always low too. I just checked and my post bfp temps stayed around 36.7 to 36.8 with coverline 36.3 and 36.4

#143 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 07:12 AM

Hi all Farley new here
#144 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:

I'm totally posting a selfish all about me post. HR called me this morning and it turns out that other group I was going to work for has rescinded their offer. Wtf??!! How does this happen? I'm beyond livid pissed right now.

That sucks :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful05 View Post

Hi all Farley new here

Hi Farley!  Welcome!  Good luck TTC.  :)

#145 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:

I totally get why you would be pissed. I had an interview with a local bakery to be a part time decorator and they acted as if they liked me and she even told me she would call me that Friday to let me know her decision... Needless to say I didn't even get a call to thank me for my time in driving the 40 minutes to come interview. No worries though because since then I have an order for a baby's 1st bday, a wedding cake, and a 3 tier topsy turvy bday cake for a soon to be 9 yr old. God puts things in our way to test us. I guess mine was to test if I really loved decorating and baking cakes. You'll find yours in His time. Chin up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful05 View Post

Hi all Farley new here
Welcome to the group! ūüėÄ

Annnnd.... On a personal note... I couldn't stand it! I bought a test.... Now to get up the nerve to take it or torture myself and wait more...
#146 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hello everyone. I was a member here years ago when my two youngest were little. Dh and I recently decided to try for #4 and it looks like we may have done it.

I'm turning 37 next month. Dh is 42. Our kids are: dd 13, ds 11, and dd 9.5.

This test is from this morning at 11 dpo.

#147 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 AM

Hope everyone is doing well! Congrats to all the BFPs!! :) I'm still lurking, even though I don't post often. Still thinking of all of you and wishing you the best!!

I'm just going to throw  this out there if anyone is interested...I'm participating in the March for Babies walk soon, and am still working on my fundraising goal. I only have 20 days left, so thought I would see if anyone here is interested in helping out. If so, please visit my page at www.marchforbabies.org/Jewely

Thank you and baby dust to all!!

Me,27;partners.gif DH,34; DSS,10 geek.gif, Due 10/30 #1belly.gif!
#148 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post

Hello everyone. I was a member here years ago when my two youngest were little. Dh and I recently decided to try for #4 and it looks like we may have done it.

Wow! I know I'm not the only one that finds it so encouraging to see someone who's never posted on this thread jump right in to share their exciting news. Congrats.
siuann likes this.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#149 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post

YAY!!! Congrats! Prayers for a healthy happy pregnancy and baby!
#150 of 592 Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Wow! I know I'm not the only one that finds it so encouraging to see someone who's never posted on this thread jump right in to share their exciting news. Congrats.

Thank you. I have been lurking this month, too scared to post. I really figured given my age that I would be here for a while. It's still early so I worry.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page