Nursing Mama's TTC - April/May/June 2014 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

Old 04-28-2014, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

lmevans, it definitely looks like there is a line there to me!  Congratulations!

Welcome, TPerkins and WriterMama12 and Happy Mama2013!

TPerkinsI take it you're in the 2ww then? I have not experienced bleeding like that, sorry I'm not more help.

motherofthewolf, sorry you didn't get a BFP this time.  I know how frustrating it can be.  Especially with long cycles.  Have your cycles always been that long or is it just since you got your cycle back after last baby?

And just as a general question, for everyone that got their cycle back, how long did it take to get back to a normal length? For example, my cycles prebaby were 28 days on the nose, but some of my DDC ladies said that it took two-three cycles to get back to normal, and that their PP cycles were much longer than previous.  What is your normal cycle length now and what was it prebaby?  I'm calculating my cycle based on the 28 days I used to have, and according to that I should be Oing this week.  But there is no telling when I will actually O, since it is likely my cycle will be off.  So I'll have to keep an eye on CM as well. 

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@Veritas Vitae to share my cycle length experience...before I was pregnant I had short 22-24 day cycles. First PPAF at 8.5 months after giving birth. Here's how my lengths have looked since then...41, 33, 29, 26 days...currently in 5th cycle. Hope that helps smile.gif
Old 04-28-2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks Veritas Vitae! Today's tests look great, so I'm having less iffy feelings and more excitement! orngbiggrin.gif

This time around my cycles returned at 16 months and they were just like before, with a random weird cycle here or there. With my son it was the same...came back at around 18 months and were back to normal when they came back.

Good luck!

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 04-28-2014, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all. Dropping in to follow this thread. I have a 19m/o daughter (9/12) who still nurses several times throughout the day and overnight. I haven't gotten my first PP period and wasn't TTC (or planning on TTC soon) but am having some cramps, gas, nausea, that whole deal, after having sex 8-9 days ago; before having my daughter I rarely had PMS symptoms, especially not cramps. I have no idea whether I've ovulated and the odds are pretty small that I'd be pregnant, but once that thought is in your head it's hard to shake until you have confirmation! I see lots of people with similar symptoms that turned out to be a pregnancy, but also see lots with VV's experience of weeks of this leading to a period after extended nursing. So, just hanging out to see what happens. :)

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 PM

Hey everybody. I wanted to join in and follow. Haven't been on mothering really since my DD was born in January of '13, and I totally forgot there's a website where there will be plenty of people also ttc while still nursing toddlers.

We've been trying since January, I'm on cycle 5 (? maybe it's 6). They're hella short, ~24 days with ovulation on day 17ish (that's today, so that technically puts me in the 2ww?). Which I only just found out because I finally got some OPKs. So we're trying a bunch this month to lengthen that luteal phase - b-100 complex, I've got acupuncture Wednesday, and vitex right now. I'm tempted to go out and get that progesterone cream, too, but undecided so far. I suspect I had a chemical pregnancy last month, and would really prefer to avoid that happening again.

My daughter is finally sleeping through the night as of the last month or so, and I'm hoping that will finally do the trick. But we're also being visited by the molar fairy, so who knows how the next few nights will go.

If you've managed to finish this novel, I've got a question: I've still got about 30 capsules from having my placenta encapsulated, and I'm wondering if they will help lengthen my cycle? I know supposedly there's progesterone in there, and that progesterone would in theory lengthen that luteal phase. Anybody know anything about that?

Crunchy mama to D, 1/29/13, working part time at a freestanding birth center

Old 05-02-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Potpie, welcome.  I have updated the list with your info.  I am not really familiar with tips for lengthening the LP, but maybe this article would help?  One of my sisters DDCers said she had really good luck with Vitex. 

I'm still waiting to O, I took an OPK this morning and nothing, only a faint line.  According to my past 28 day cycle length, this would be O day, but we shall see.  Since I'm still BFing my hormones will still be a little wacky.  I'll keep checking.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I know lots of people take vitamin B to lengthen LP. Don't remember what B vitamins or what doses, but I am sure a google search will give you some of that info.  

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 05-03-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Ladies,

I want to jump in.  My dh and I have a 26 month old DS and we have been ttc since Dec 2012.  We actually got pregnant last summer, but miscarried at 11 weeks.  DS is still nursing.  He was nursing several times at night, but as of last week, he only nurses before bed, in the morning, and before nap.  So that's good!  I'm hoping that reducing his feedings will jump start my ovulation.  

Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi everyone! Hope someone is getting some good news?! Please move me from TWW to waiting to O. Today is CD1 for me, starting my 6th PP cycle. Since my LO was born they have gotten progressively shorter, and my last cycle was 24 days, I used to have 22-24 days before getting pregnant, and that short luteal phase makes me a little worried when TTC...but i was lucky enough once, so I'm putting faith in the belief that my body knows what she is doing and what is best.

I do have a ovulation question from you nursing mamas with personal experience....if I am having "egg white" CM around ovulation time, is that a strong indicator that I am fact ovulating? I would certainly assume so, but I'm also sure that nursing (and not sleeping for more than a few hours in a row for the past year...) are effecting my cycles now and I'm not even sure I'm ovulating. Before getting pregnant I charted carefully and tracked temps, but haven't been taking temps since giving birth since I am literally up out of bed several times a night to nurse/comfort/etc my 13 month old. Thanks for any insight smile.gif
Old 05-05-2014, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Hello.  I just joined mothering.com today and I am working on reading through the old threads on TTC/breastfeeding!  My son is 24 months old and I have not had a peroid yet.  He BF 4 times during the day and I have stopped pumping at home (he used to BF 5-6 times/day and occasionally at night and I used to pump 1-2 times/day at home).  He is weaned at night and I work 1-2 days/week.  I would like to continue to BF while TTC and allow LO to wean naturally and at his own pace, but my husband is over 40 and doesn't want to wait much longer.  I am glad to find others in similar situations for support and advice.  Thank you.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Should be updated to here.  

@HappyMama2013, from what I hear, EWCM is a good indicator of ovulation, but not all people have it.  (see comment below)

Welcome, @meeba and @dishescanwait.

I started taking OPKs Thursday and kept getting negatives each time. Then I forgot to test this morning, but I tested when I got home, and forgot to look at the test, then tested again before bed and my initial test looked positive and my second test was negative, so I think I Oed, but not sure. I have had EWCM as of this morning, HappyMama, and I guess the OPKs means you're going to O in the next 12-24 hours, so there is that. I have also been having some light ovarian cramping.  Did I mention my DH is out of town?! He left yesterday...so we DTD around noon Sunday, but now it looks like O will be on Tuesday.  I'm not sure if I should move myself to the TWW or if I should keep testing and hope that the first test was actually a negative, and I might catch it when my DH gets back in town. But I don't have high hopes for a BFP this month. I'll probably keep testing, just because I'm curious now.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Well, I only posted here once but I am pregnant!!! One shot first try and surprised at 13 mo pp with a breast fiend. Wish I could have gotten to know you ladies, but I wish you all good luck and a peaceful TTC journey.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:05 AM

Congrats writermama!!!!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 05-06-2014, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats, @writermama12.  I hope to join you over there in the January DDC!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 PM

I'm excited! So My lo is still a breast loving baby! So I was talking to a friend about me worried that I wasn't ovulating. She just happened to have some opks and I tested today and POSITIVE! Couldn't be happier! Now I'm just wondering how often do we get busy!? Help?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Omg and congrats writermama12 fantastic news!!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

@TPerkins, if you just got the positive on the OPK, I was told that actual ovulation would be 12-24 hours after that.  But you should definitely start getting busy.  I've heard people say every other day, which is what we did when we were still waiting for a positive OPK, but it seems to me like you could go both today and tomorrow if you have that positive OPK.  I am by no means an authority however, and I'm not sure of what the common wisdom is. And, congratulations!

Edited to add: I was talking with some of my past DDC friends and it appears the every other day recommendation is if men have a lower sperm count, in order to help increase the potency.  With a high sperm count,every day is fine....if you're up for it.  But since you know you got the positive OPK, I would say go for it!

Old 05-08-2014, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi all! I'm 2DPO in cycle 5 of TTC. Not optimistic this cycle as I ovulated CD21 and normally I should be CD16. I've been suffering from a short LP too. They started off 6 days and the longest was 10 days but I had some spotting prior. We shall see.

I want to chime in on ovulation. Not to be the bearer of bad news but EWCM and positive OPKs only show that you are gearing up to ovulate. Unfortunately ovulation can't be confirmed by them. Temping and charting CM can help but only a doctor can truly conif ovulation. In my case I think I am ovulating but not having strong ovulation. I am down to nursing my son once a night. Last cycle I was nursing twice a day but ovulated CD15 like I used to. I really hope I can get pregnant whilst nursing. I know some women just can't. We will wean at 24 months (he's 20 now) if we aren't pregnant yet.

Good luck ladies!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, Warriorcandy.  It is nice to at least have some insight on when it might be, especially since my cycle is still wonky.  I didn't realize that about the EWCM being a sort of precursor.  I am pretty new to tracking all of this.  I will start temping next month if I don't get a BFP this month.  At any rate, with the absence of any noticable CM at this point, and the fact that my DH was out of town this week when I presumably would have Oed, I'm not really holding out hope for this cycle.  Also, my LO is also 20 months, were you in the September 2012 DDC?  I was late August.  We are also planning on weaning at 24 months if we're not pregnant by then.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 AM

I wasn't on said board because I hadn't found the site yet but my son was born in September. September 7th! Good luck with your TTC. I must admit I'm a but exhausted and over TTC right now. All these negative tests and wonky cycles are getting to me.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Congratulations, writermama12!!! Does anybody have any advice on what to do to bring back AF while BF? DS is 24 months old and BF 4 times during day, I have cut out soy, alcohol, caffeine, trying to gain some weight and get more sleep, drinking red raspberry leaf tea...
Old 05-09-2014, 01:24 PM

Hi ladies, I'm so glad to see this thred. I'm on cycle day 30 and on my fourth patch of EWCM. Its super heavy this time so hopefully this is ovulation. I though I ovulated two weeks ago...but I have no idea. I am going to temp next cycle. Not knowing is driving me insane! That said, after AF was over I felt great and had my libido back. But after my last patch of EWCM I started PMS stuff and today I just want to cry! This is going on over a week of feeling like a mad woman. Yesterday I was on a warpath and I knew it but couldn't get control over my irritability. Poor DH! I feel so moody and terrible and I'm treating everyone horrible... and I just want it over! I don't even care about getting pregnant at the moment! I just want AF to show so I can feel normal again! I have no idea if I ovulated and this is really pms. Or, if this heavy cm which varies between, pastey, stretcht and ewcm is ovulation. I took a pregnancy test thinking I could be 11/12 dpo but nope. Ugh, I need abreak from these crazy horomones!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Well I posted that an hour ago and went to the bathroom to find I had a lot of bloody ewcm. I have had pink before but this was red...so wither period is starting or I'm having a significant amount of ovulation bleeding. We shall see..AF never has started that way before...
Old 05-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Mommamenk how much are you nursing these days? Several patches of EWCM and gearing up to ovulate several times can happen when your hormones are still adjusting.

Congrats writermama!

I'm kind of bitter over here. I'm 4DPO on cycle 5 and I just feel like I should be pregnant by now. I am down to one session a night with my son and really praying I can get kU without weaning that but I'm not optimistic at this point. Ugh. I hate TTC
Old 05-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't post much, but wanted to share.

I currently nurse my 15 month old. She exclusively nurses - will eat some banana on certain days, but that's it. She nurses several times a night and a lot during the day (maybe every 2 hours?)

My cycles have been either very short (21 days) or very long - at least for me - (34 days). My luteal phase has been as short as 8 or 9 days and one that i know was 12 days. Otherwise, I think they have been mostly 9 or 10 days. 

This cycle has been pretty wonky. I think my body was ready to ovluate around day 13/14, but the baby was nursing at least every 30 min to an hour - I mean a ton! I think she pushed ovulation over a bit. I finally ovulated on day 19. I took a hpt on 7dpo and the test was negative. I then took another one the next day (8dpo) and that too was negative. On that same day, I started spotting. I thought for sure i would be getting AF. By the end of the day it pretty much stopped. The next day (9 dpo) I spotted very very little and my temperature dropped under the cover line. this has happened before, so I expected my period either that day or the next. Well, this morning, 10dpo, my temp spiked above the cover line. i was surprised. I had one last pregnancy test (first response) and so i decided to test. I expected it to be neg, but it came up clearly positive. I am thrilled but cautious. I want to wait a few days to test again. We shall see! 

Old 05-11-2014, 12:53 PM

Wow! Happy Mother's Day to you!!! Have a happy healthy 9 moths. I'm jealous. Spotting over here at 5DPO
Old 05-11-2014, 01:35 PM

Thank you! And Happy Mother's Day to you too and to all the mothers in the world! I'm a little nervous about my 15 month old nursing so much. Can it cause any issues with pregnancy? 

Old 05-11-2014, 02:14 PM

It's my understanding that nursing during pregnancy is perfectly safe so long as you are keeping up good healthy habit and nutrition.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Wow, huge congrats!! smile.gif

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 05-11-2014, 08:46 PM

Started spotting again today :(

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List