Nursing Mama's TTC - April/May/June 2014 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#61 of 148 Old 05-12-2014, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope you ladies don't mind if I join.

I'm currently in the TWW at 6 dpo and nursing my 21 month old DS.This is my first real cycle since I got my first PPAF on April 12th. Now I'm just playing the waiting game and hoping for good news.

I'm using this time to get into shape and am continuing to try to night wean my son.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 148 Old 05-12-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to get in shape too! It's been so hard. My AF came today. I had a 7 day luteal phase. I am only nursing my son once before bed for 10 minutes. I was really hoping that would mean a lengthening of my LP but its not. Makes me so sad. I wonder f bFing is to blame or something else. So worried. I'm now on my 6th cycle TTC
#63 of 148 Old 05-12-2014, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

WarriorCandy- Have you looked into Vitamin b6/b12 to lengthen LP?  I have always had a 10-11 day LP, and after each pregnancy it is always 6-9 days for the first few cycles.... I started B vitamins when TTC after DD2 and it helped lengthen it by a few days each cycle.  I got pregnant on my 3 or 4th cycle after that.  My LP was (would have been) about 10 days that cycle I think.

Good luck!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#64 of 148 Old 05-12-2014, 11:23 PM

I'm sorry about your short LP, Warrior candy.

I would definitely second the b12/b6 recommendation. I don't know if it can be used while breastfeeding, but I believe a doctor can proscribe progesterone suppositories to help with a short LP.

7dpo here and other than nursing being slightly uncomfortable, no other symptoms. Not feeling like this is the month.
#65 of 148 Old 05-13-2014, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeba View Post

Congratulations, writermama12!!! Does anybody have any advice on what to do to bring back AF while BF? DS is 24 months old and BF 4 times during day, I have cut out soy, alcohol, caffeine, trying to gain some weight and get more sleep, drinking red raspberry leaf tea...

I had to night wean before I got my cycle back, and it still took several months.

Welcome, wassernixe, I'm also 7DPO...no symptoms at all that might indicate this is the month.

Warriorcandy, I also agree on the B6/B12, some of my last DDC folks swear by it.

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12
#66 of 148 Old 05-13-2014, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Warriorcandy - have you considered Chaste Tree Berry/Vitex? I read that it may lengthen a short LP. I have not tried it yet because it may decrease milk supply, but have heard good feedback from others.
#67 of 148 Old 05-13-2014, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I'm back I. This thread now, waiting to know,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#68 of 148 Old 05-13-2014, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Ack! Sorry for the two posts, I had to get tapatalk bc the mothering page wouldn't load on my phone and I don't know how to edit posts on this thing.

Anyhow - I'm back after taking long break after two losses. I'm waiting to know, will test in about seven days.

In the last three months DS (3.5) has gone from nursing 6x/day and 2-3 at night to about ten seconds of nursing at night and a few seconds most mornings. I'm very grateful for that. I didn't feel ready to try again until he seriously cut back on the nursing. I can't even express a drop of milk anymore, which feels very strange after so long.

Though it isn't my general way of doing things, I'm having lots of labs done currently throughout my luteal phase to check for irregularities and will do serial HcG if I do turn out to be pregnant.

Meeba - I took vitex for a bit last year and looked up in the nursing mothers herbal guide that it actually doesn't decrease supply. Of course I'm sure different people can react differently to it, but I figured that pregnancy was much more likely to decrease supply than vitex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#69 of 148 Old 05-14-2014, 04:05 PM

Luckiest - so sorry for your losses. Thank you for the info about Vitex - it is frustrating to read conflicting info from seemingly credible sources! Maybe I will try it next month.
#70 of 148 Old 05-14-2014, 07:14 PM

I tried Vitex for three cycles and it didn't seem to do much for me. I stopped my last cycle but I am taking it again this cycle. I was also taking B6 as a complex and although it did help me ovulate sooner I see no change in my LP yet. I hope that changes as I am really losin my mind right now, I only nurse my son once a night and my cycles are still the same way they were when I was nursing him a ton and we started trying in January. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Luckiest I am so so sorry for you losses.
#71 of 148 Old 05-17-2014, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Luckiest, so sorry for your losses. Hugs.

CD1 so I am back to waiting to O. Hopefully DH will be in town this time.

#72 of 148 Old 05-17-2014, 11:35 PM

Good luck everyone. Sorry about your losses Luckiest.

Looks like our cycles are pretty similar Veritas. Started spotting today so AF should be here either today or tomorrow. Hoping it's tomorrow. Then at least my LP will be 12 days long.

Fingers crossed next O will be the one !!!
#73 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

We have a slim chance of conceiving this cycle. I just cross-checked Fertility Friend to DH's travel schedule.  I should O on Thursday assuming another 29 day cycle like this one, but my previous cycles were 28 days, which could put O at Wednesday instead of Thursday if my cycle length is still migrating.  DH is out of town from Sunday-Thursday, he will get home around 7pm, Thursday night  Which means there is a slight, slight possibility that we could catch this O.  I know that you have a good chance of catching it on the front end, because sperm can survive for several days, but is it just, if you miss the O you miss it on the backend?  That is, if I O Thursday morning, it won't matter that he gets home Thursday night, right?

#74 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 AM

As far as I know you've got 12 hours after O to catch the egg. So you should have a chance if he gets home Thursday night.
#75 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any ladies having blood streaked ewcm. I'm nursing my one year old 3 to 5 times a day but none between 9 and 6 ..so no night nursing. I had my first PPAF and am somewhere around CD 40. I had a good bit of red streaked ewcm10 days ago and coupled with several other symptoms I was pretty sure I actually ovulated. Now 9 days later I started having red tinged ewcm and today Brown cm with mild cramps. Keep thinking AF is here but it's only there when I wipe. I'm getting frustrated cause I had pcos before and low progesterone. I like to find out I'm pregnant as soon as I can in case I need supplements. Otherwise I think I would be content to just wait for pregnancy to become obvious on its own. That would be great!.Anyway, Breakthrough bleeding maybe or implantation ... or ovulation through I doubt. Its all a guessing game until AF shows for sure again. Anyone else dealing with it?
#76 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

That's good to hear, we still have a chance then.  Thanks, @wassernixe

#77 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I thought eggs stuck around for 12-36 hours, so I think you still have a shot (hi, VV!)

Hope I can hop on this thread...I currently have a 21mo son.  We night weaned when he was 15mo, and now nurse 3-4 times a day.  I got my period back at 10mo post-partum, and my cycles have been pretty regular (about 29 days) since 12mo.

I'm having my IUD taken out this afternoon, and am ovulating late this week.  Here's hoping we get it on the first try!  

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#78 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Penny, glad to see you here! I'd love to do DDC Round 2 with you again!

#79 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 PM

Hi Mamas, I'm officially Waiting to Catch the First Postpartum Egg. superhero.gif

I'm nursing my 14 month old son. We nurse 6 times in a 24 hour period now. Naps, bedtime, twice at night and first thing in the morning though that's kinda a clusterfeed from 7-9. I'm definitely getting 4 hour breaks between feedings which is hopefully helping my cause. We've had this reduced schedule for a while. No AF yet but this month I've had signs:

- CM (sticky, not getting close to being enough for a sign of ovulation but still yay)

- Mood swings (breastfeeding makes me so chill this really surprised my DH)

- mild cramping on and off for the past few weeks

- some acne

I got all excited and then read up on breast feeding and TTC and saw that it could be a sign that my cycle will return any day... or in a few weeks or... in a few months. Humph. I'm not thrilled that I might be mildly crampy for months.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see my good 'ol friend AF return before the end of the Summer so I can have a little sibling for DS this time next year. 

#80 of 148 Old 05-19-2014, 09:29 PM

welcome typebug!!! i hope you get AF soon.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#81 of 148 Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 AM

Hey there ladies. I'm hanging out at CD8. How many of you on here have an LP of 10 days or less? And any of you ovulating late? I was able to ovulate earlier a few times but the longest I've gone without spotting in 6 months of trying is 8 days. I'm starting to wonder if its the nursing or not. We only nurse once before bed and very short now. I hope we see some BFPs on here this month.
#82 of 148 Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, typebug, that is how I was for about a month-month and a half before I got my cycle back, so hopefully this is the homestretch for you!

#83 of 148 Old 05-20-2014, 10:49 AM

Warriorcandy- I have always had a short LP.... even before kids it was 11 or so days.  Each time after, it starts at about 6 days and ends up at 10-11 when I get pregnant.  

Good luck!

#84 of 148 Old 05-20-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

welcome typebug!!! i hope you get AF soon.

Hi Chloe'sMama! Nice to see a familiar name over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vitae View Post

Welcome, typebug, that is how I was for about a month-month and a half before I got my cycle back, so hopefully this is the homestretch for you!

Thank you! A July O would be pretty awesome.

Question for techies, anyone have an app they like for charting?

#85 of 148 Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typebug View Post

Question for techies, anyone have an app they like for charting?

I use Glow, Fertility Friend, and FemCalLite (the free version).  I mostly just stick with Glow, but something about entering my information multiple times feels more productive or something :eyesroll

#86 of 148 Old 05-25-2014, 05:55 AM

I invited my AF over this holiday weekend, but it doesn't look like she wil be making the trip. greensad.gif I thought I had some cramping, but it turned out to be from dinner last night!
#87 of 148 Old 05-26-2014, 03:59 AM

I hope everything is going well for you ladies.

I'm at CD 6 and just trying to fill the time until O. I've been focusing on working out, eating healthy and losing weight. Just trying to get in ideal condition in case I get pregnant this cycle. DH is super busy with an important project at work so fingers crossed we get the chance to BD before O at all.
#88 of 148 Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hi everyone! Veritas and Penny, I feel like we're wearing disguises. ;)

Vertitas, Can I be added to waiting to know

I'm currently on CD 18. I took 50 mg of clomid this cycle days 5-9. It's made me pretty crazy. As expected I have seen a dip in milk supply, too, but we're still going strong. I might still be ovulating in a day or two, I'm not really sure. I have PCOS and I have crappy luck with OPKs. Based on past cycles, my O day is usually around CD19. Maybe just feeling negative, but not really sure if I'm ovulating at all. I had one darker OPK on Saturday and they've been getting lighter. I had some EWCM but only for a few days...I remember last time I'd sometimes have it for almost a week? I don't know. All this old TTC knowledge is slowly coming back. Too slowly.  I'm kind of freaked out about being on clomid unmonitored, they say it can be bad for you if you do too many cycles. So trying to figure out what the next move will be if I'm not pregnant this cycle. But really, it's just the waiting that's going to kill me. 

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#89 of 148 Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM

Boots!  Hello there, friend bag.gif

I'm just waiting to test, now - I ovulated on Saturday, but stress & other crappy family stuff kept us from having sex.  We did it on Tuesday, so maybe something stuck around long enough?  We'll see - I'm not too hopeful for this cycle. 

#90 of 148 Old 05-27-2014, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Okay, Penny, let's be pregnant this month because if I ovulated it was early Sunday. I think. This morning no line at all on the opk but never really had a positive. I definitely need to temp next month unless the unthinkable happens ;-)

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page