Nursing Mama's TTC - April/May/June 2014 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#91 of 148 Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I'm CD9 now, back to waiting to O, although DS actually WEANED....!  So I suppose I'll go join the masses in the main TTC thread :)  He's 3.5 and I was very, very ready to be done nursing.  This is definitely more sweet than bitter for me.  

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#92 of 148 Old 05-28-2014, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Good plan, Boots.  I accept.

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#93 of 148 Old 05-28-2014, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMenk View Post

Any ladies having blood streaked ewcm. I'm nursing my one year old 3 to 5 times a day but none between 9 and 6 ..so no night nursing. I had my first PPAF and am somewhere around CD 40. I had a good bit of red streaked ewcm10 days ago and coupled with several other symptoms I was pretty sure I actually ovulated. Now 9 days later I started having red tinged ewcm and today Brown cm with mild cramps. Keep thinking AF is here but it's only there when I wipe. I'm getting frustrated cause I had pcos before and low progesterone. I like to find out I'm pregnant as soon as I can in case I need supplements. Otherwise I think I would be content to just wait for pregnancy to become obvious on its own. That would be great!.Anyway, Breakthrough bleeding maybe or implantation ... or ovulation through I doubt. Its all a guessing game until AF shows for sure again. Anyone else dealing with it?

@MommaMenk I have not experienced blood streaked ewcm before.  Any update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeba View Post

I invited my AF over this holiday weekend, but it doesn't look like she wil be making the trip. greensad.gif I thought I had some cramping, but it turned out to be from dinner last night!

@meeba, I hope you get AF soon, but just once :wink and then a BFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassernixe View Post

I hope everything is going well for you ladies.

I'm at CD 6 and just trying to fill the time until O. I've been focusing on working out, eating healthy and losing weight. Just trying to get in ideal condition in case I get pregnant this cycle. DH is super busy with an important project at work so fingers crossed we get the chance to BD before O at all.

I've also tried to just keep my mind on being healthy and preparing my body to be pregnant again.  Unfortunately, I want all the cookies (or ice cream)...I'm trying to limit myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post

Hi everyone! Veritas and Penny, I feel like we're wearing disguises. ;)

Vertitas, Can I be added to waiting to know

I'm currently on CD 18. I took 50 mg of clomid this cycle days 5-9. It's made me pretty crazy. As expected I have seen a dip in milk supply, too, but we're still going strong. I might still be ovulating in a day or two, I'm not really sure. I have PCOS and I have crappy luck with OPKs. Based on past cycles, my O day is usually around CD19. Maybe just feeling negative, but not really sure if I'm ovulating at all. I had one darker OPK on Saturday and they've been getting lighter. I had some EWCM but only for a few days...I remember last time I'd sometimes have it for almost a week? I don't know. All this old TTC knowledge is slowly coming back. Too slowly.  I'm kind of freaked out about being on clomid unmonitored, they say it can be bad for you if you do too many cycles. So trying to figure out what the next move will be if I'm not pregnant this cycle. But really, it's just the waiting that's going to kill me. 

Hi, @iixivbootscoolshine.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywhistle View Post

Boots!  Hello there, friend bag.gif

I'm just waiting to test, now - I ovulated on Saturday, but stress & other crappy family stuff kept us from having sex.  We did it on Tuesday, so maybe something stuck around long enough?  We'll see - I'm not too hopeful for this cycle. 

I think I know who to blame for this and his name starts with A.... I'm hoping Tuesday was close enough.  Did you take an OPK or temp to know when you ovulated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiest View Post

I'm CD9 now, back to waiting to O, although DS actually WEANED....!  So I suppose I'll go join the masses in the main TTC thread :)  He's 3.5 and I was very, very ready to be done nursing.  This is definitely more sweet than bitter for me.  

You're welcome to stay on if you'd like.  I moved you back to Waiting to O.

AFM, CD12, I should O next week, hopefully on Thursday *fingers crossed my cycle doesn't shift* since that is when DH gets home. I told him if that is the case the next one is going to be a boy since my egg will be waiting for him to get home.  I just realized too, I'm out of town the following weekend, so hopefully O doesn't happen later either.  I don't have a lot of faith in it happening this cycle...but according to Fertility Friend, I will O twice in June 2014, at the beginning and end of the month...so if not this cycle, maybe this month.

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12
#94 of 148 Old 05-28-2014, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Also, I am pretty sure I have updated the thread to here.  If I have not, please put your changes in bold. :twothumbs

#95 of 148 Old 05-30-2014, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wondering if anybody had horrible mood swings - angry, crying, happy, impatient, etc. while gearing up for first PPAF or if this is a result of starting Vitex??? If it is Vitex, please let this be temporary because I feel nearly out-of-control, but never had PMS symptoms before previous pregnancy. :}
#96 of 148 Old 06-02-2014, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeba View Post
Wondering if anybody had horrible mood swings - angry, crying, happy, impatient, etc. while gearing up for first PPAF or if this is a result of starting Vitex??? If it is Vitex, please let this be temporary because I feel nearly out-of-control, but never had PMS symptoms before previous pregnancy. :}
I get so, so sad and unsatisfied with my life when I PMS now, it started right before my first PPAF, but it has happened each cycle since then. That never happened before being pregnant. I hope that isn't the case for you.

As for me, just like I suspected, it appears my cycle is moving back to 28 days. I took an OPK this morning and got a positive, plus I have had watery CM all weekend with EWCM this morning, and super sensitive nipples when nursing yesterday and today, which happens everytime I ovulate, I've noticed. This is good news because DH's flight isn't until 2:30 today, so I will be going home for "lunch". Much better than a Wednesday O, which we would miss. It is funny, because about a year ago we made loose plans in my first DDC to TTC in June 2014, but then I decided I couldn't wait about 6 months ago, and here I am anyway. Hopefully this is the month.

#97 of 148 Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok i'm changing my status this round to "waiting to be ready."

DH and I have been finally reconnecting and libido is coming back though it looks like I don't really have a cycle yet. I'm charting but there's been no EWCM. I'm actually relieved. All our excited conversations about wanting a second ended with us agreeing it would be nice to wait a few months. We're chickens.
#98 of 148 Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Meeba, I've noticed some serious PMS lately myself. It started right before my first PPAF. I get very irritable and grumpy. It's not so nice for poor DH.

Typebug, my DH and I chickened out in between as well. We originally wanted to start trying 8 months ago. But I realized I was not ready yet. And honestly when I think of having a newborn and a toddler, I still get scared! Hahaha.

I'm at CD 15 myself and still waiting to O. No positive OPKs or EWCM yet. So it looks like a late O and a long cycle again for me.
#99 of 148 Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating today, so I can probably go ahead and move to 2WW. This cycle has been a bit weird, and I occasionally double-peak, so hopefully this is it. I've had really good EWCM for the past two days, a little bit today and I'm having some aching and heaviness which usually means ovulation for me. DH left town this morning, so I'm really hoping that it happens today and not tomorrow or the next. We BD'ed the past two nights. It would be REALLY nice to get a BFP in time for Father's Day, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up!
#100 of 148 Old 06-04-2014, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiest View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating today, so I can probably go ahead and move to 2WW. This cycle has been a bit weird, and I occasionally double-peak, so hopefully this is it. I've had really good EWCM for the past two days, a little bit today and I'm having some aching and heaviness which usually means ovulation for me. DH left town this morning, so I'm really hoping that it happens today and not tomorrow or the next. We BD'ed the past two nights. It would be REALLY nice to get a BFP in time for Father's Day, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up!
Luckiest, we are in the exact same situation, re: ovulation/DH leaving, etc. CD1 would be on the 14th this month, so I would love, love, love to be able to have a BFP for Father's Day. I don't want to get to excited about the idea, because I was really excited last month to have the baby's due date fall on my birthday, and was pretty bummed to start my period. If I got knocked up this time, the baby's due date would fall on my best friend/future god mother's birthday AND I would know right before Father's Day, so it seems so perfect. I feel like our timing was really good as well.

#101 of 148 Old 06-04-2014, 07:09 AM

Well, 10dpo and a completely negative test. My period isn't due until Saturday, but this seems pretty obvious to me. So, back to waiting to O for me. Boo. I would have been due on Valentines Day this time, which would have been cool!

#102 of 148 Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Bummer, Penny. You should ovulate again in June though, right, so still June 2014, ftw?

#103 of 148 Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 AM

Yes! I should be ovulating around June 21-24. So I'll be testing on the 4th of July weekend. Dammit, so far away!

#104 of 148 Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Hi everyone! It's been a while! Here is my update then ill read back and try to catch up:

After seeing my OB last week and discussing various concerns (my age, 37 on Sunday, uterine fibroids that I have particularly one that is inside my uterus, an AMH test that indicated low ovarian reserve before conceiving my son) we decided it would be best for me to wean fully and wait a cycle or two to see if that solves my short LP/later ovulation issue or if we may want to look into some fertility treatments. She also did an endometrial biopsy, took blood for my thyroid and a pelvic ultrasound. I won't get results till my appointment wed. I am a bit nervous because the tech circled and wrote down "3 Finds" in my ultrasound and I only had 2 small fibroids before my son. One in the ute and one outside and in a non problematic area. I hope the one in my ute hasn't grown or there isn't a new one in there to join it. Wish me my luck!

The good news is my son must be ready at 21 months because I took away the feed and he barely noticed! No crying. I think what helped me was a very gradual weaning over the past few months and shortening the feeds. He was only nursing once a day before bed by the end. I'm not sad about it either. I took a beautiful photo to document his last feed.

I will stick around here if that's okay. Even though we have weaned for 6 days my hormones may take a while to regulate.

Good luck everyone and don't give up because of my story! I'm an old broad with some other issues.
#105 of 148 Old 06-08-2014, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

We're talking BFP, while nursing, on first shot with Clomid 50 mg, 35! Keep the dream alive!

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#106 of 148 Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 AM

Congrats boots!!!!!

As for me, finally started getting EWCM yesterday but still getting negative OPKs today at CD 21. Feeling a little frustrated that I'm ovulating SO late. I keep reminding myself that I got PG on CD 23 with my son, but my hopes aren't high.

On top of everything DS seems to be in the middle of a developmental leap and is very clingy. DH and haven't had any time to BD all month long. So not looking like this is our month.
#107 of 148 Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 AM

I got my bfp last week Thursday, so I am a whole four weeks and two days up the duff! I ended up on progesterone for my luteal phase defect, so I'll be staying on that for most of the first trimester. It did work like a charm.
Veritas Vitae likes this.
#108 of 148 Old 06-09-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post

We're talking BFP, while nursing, on first shot with Clomid 50 mg, 35! Keep the dream alive!

Hooray! Congrats!! I hope the rest of us aren't far behind.
#109 of 148 Old 06-09-2014, 06:35 PM

Does anyone have any insight as to what an OB is going to to say when/if they find out I'm still nursing a toddler? Obviously it depends on any risks of the pregnancy, but say it is looking normal and healthy and I'm in relatively good health.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#110 of 148 Old 06-10-2014, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

warriorcandy - I definitely don't mind if you hang around! I'm glad weaning went so easily. I hope the results on Wednesday are good and that they aren't much of a hindrance in trying to conceive.

potpie and iixivboots - CONGRATULATIONS! It's about time we got some BFPs, I don't think we got any in May. *Edit* we had one May BFP...hopefully we get a bunch more in June.

wassernixe - sorry you're having trouble finding the opportunity to connect. Also, what does BD stand for?

AFM, I'm just waiting until I can test, trying not to rush it, I am 7DPO and I have one FRER and a bunch of Wondfos. My friend who just started trying got a BFP on her fist cycle. I'm so happy for her, but at the same time, I'm feeling like I will be really disappointed if I don't get a BFP this month.

#111 of 148 Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 AM

You doctor will leave it up to you but will most likely suggest weaning since some of us ( a very small percentage) won't be able to ovulate strongly without weaning fully. She may prescribe clomid. My doctor won't prescribe it whilst nursing but many will and progesterone is also an option since usually hormones are at play. I tried tweaking our nursing schedule and it didn't work for me or at least not fast enough but it may for you. Good luck!
#112 of 148 Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post
Does anyone have any insight as to what an OB is going to to say when/if they find out I'm still nursing a toddler? Obviously it depends on any risks of the pregnancy, but say it is looking normal and healthy and I'm in relatively good health.
My OB told me that I should probably think about not nursing once I got pregnant, because of the effect on hormones from breastfeeding. But I think it really depends on your OB. I have no BTDT advice though.

#113 of 148 Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Congrats to you too, potpie!

Veritas, BD stands for baby dance.

I have no clue about nursing during pregnancy. My gyno was shocked I was still nursing at my one year check up. I have a feeling he'd be completely baffled if I told him I wanted to nurse during pregnacy.
#114 of 148 Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrars to the BFP's!!! I am hoping Vitex will kick in over here...also, my husband and DS will go up north for 4 days and I plan to pump a little at home to avoid the plugged ducts/mastitis that I am prone to, but maybe that break will help.
#115 of 148 Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeba View Post
Congrars to the BFP's!!! I am hoping Vitex will kick in over here...also, my husband and DS will go up north for 4 days and I plan to pump a little at home to avoid the plugged ducts/mastitis that I am prone to, but maybe that break will help.
Meeba, I was out of town this weekend (4-6DPO/CD22-24) without my daughter and I was hoping not nursing would give me a little progesterone kick and help implantation. I did have to borrow my little niece, who is a couple of months older than my daughter, just to relieve the worst of the pressure, but I never let her nurse for long. I'm now 8DPO/CD26 and feeling some cramping which I am praying is implantation. I am expecting a 28 day cycle, which means it is still a little early (4 days) for it to be period cramping, so I'm hoping and praying it is implantation. I hope the nursing break works for you as well! Assuming of course it worked for me...I'll let you know in a couple of days. I'm really trying to prevent myself from testing tomorrow morning with a FRER. Someone talk me out of it! I only have one, and then a bunch of Wondfo's.

#116 of 148 Old 06-11-2014, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm eight weeks and it appears I will be miscarrying. Had a normal heart rate at 6 weeks and a weak one (45 bpm) at 7 weeks. Went back a few days after that and the heart rate is barely a flutter. Baby hasn't grown since 6.0 weeks. I'm very sad, but hoping to miscarry naturally. It's been a week now since the weak heart rate. I don't feel pregnant anymore. All symptoms are pretty much gone. I'm still very much nursing my 16 month old. Hoping that didn't contribute to this loss. She recently has been eating more food, which is nice. Not sure if we should wait to try again in a few months. Need to patiently wait at this point.
#117 of 148 Old 06-11-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfw0729 View Post
I'm eight weeks and it appears I will be miscarrying. Had a normal heart rate at 6 weeks and a weak one (45 bpm) at 7 weeks. Went back a few days after that and the heart rate is barely a flutter. Baby hasn't grown since 6.0 weeks. I'm very sad, but hoping to miscarry naturally. It's been a week now since the weak heart rate. I don't feel pregnant anymore. All symptoms are pretty much gone. I'm still very much nursing my 16 month old. Hoping that didn't contribute to this loss. She recently has been eating more food, which is nice. Not sure if we should wait to try again in a few months. Need to patiently wait at this point.
Hugs. I'm so sorry mama. I don't think it can be at all related to breastfeeding so don't you even go to that guilt place. A good OBGYN or midwife would never suggest that.

#118 of 148 Old 06-11-2014, 04:01 PM

I'm so sorry, bfw0729. I hope you're able to miscarry as naturally and peacefully as possible.

#119 of 148 Old 06-11-2014, 04:21 PM

So sorry, bfw0729. I don't think any of the research about breastfeeding and pregnancy loss really shows causation. Good thoughts to you in this hard time.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#120 of 148 Old 06-12-2014, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

Bfw0729, I'm so very sorry. Peaceful thoughts to you during this hard time. Hugs to you, mama.

I've been MIA with posting but have been checking in the past month or so! I'm happy to see some good news popping up I'm sorry I'm terrible with personals...every time I check in I feel so out of the loop that I struggle to keep up with everyone's details...but I am happy to see good news rolling in for some of you! and it's always so uplifting to see the outpouring of support from such caring women.

AFM. Please move me to <two week wait I'm at 3DPO, and this is my first cycle using an ovulation monitor so I feel very confident about our timing this cycle. If this month isn't it then my feeling is that nursing is throwing things off. We are down to 1-3 very short nursing sessions a day, and my supply is very low but I know the hormones can still make TTC difficult while nursing. So I'm crossing my fingers we get lucky this month

Good luck everyone

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page