Nursing Mama's TTC - April/May/June 2014 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#121 of 148 Old 06-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey Ladies-
Glad to see so many BFP this month!!! So happy for all of you.

DS turned 16 months on the 9th and AF still is missing.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#122 of 148 Old 06-12-2014, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bfw0729, I am so sorry. I hope that everything goes naturally and quickly. Big hugs.
#123 of 148 Old 06-13-2014, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

I took a pregnancy test (FRER) on Thursday morning with FMU and got a negative. I was 9DPO. According to Fertility Friend, my period is due Saturday, which means I have a 10 day luteal phase which is too short. Last month it was 11 days, which is also too short. I'm not ready to give up this cycle in hopes for a BFP though. My past cycles I was super hormonal and weepy during PMS and I also got some zits. This time, I feel super normal and calm, with no break outs. I don't feel like I am PMSing. We'll see what happens tomorrow. If this isn't the cycle, I've places an order for Vitex, CoQ10, Fish Oil, and some more prenatals, and I have some B-Complex. So hopefully that would set me up for next cycle.

twins.gif M & B loving life together with Q baby.gif born 8/25/12
#124 of 148 Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I'm now 9DPO, BFN this morning. Will try again Sunday.

This 2WW is a little different than normal, but nothing that screams "early symptom" to me. I had some lingering EWCM and nipple soreness for two days after ovulation. I'm normally super dry my whole luteal phase but this time I have lots of watery CM. I don't know if that's indicative one way or the other. Who knows. I shall continue to wait the torturous wait.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#125 of 148 Old 06-16-2014, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bfw0729 - so sorry to hear about your difficult time. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and send you vibes filled with comfort and support.

Question...after the first PPAF returns, is there a chance it may disappear again with an increase in nursing or pumping? Is it back for good or is it still very sensitive/responsive to nursing hormones? I am going to cut down from 4 to 3 nursing sessions this week. Good news is that I feel great from getting the exercise and more sleep, no alcohol/coffee, and the crazy lady moodswings have subsided (for now, at least)!
#126 of 148 Old 06-16-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeba View Post
Bfw0729 - after the first PPAF returns, is there a chance it may disappear again with an increase in nursing or pumping? Is it back for good or is it still very sensitive/responsive to nursing hormones? I am going to cut down from 4 to 3 nursing sessions this week. Good news is that I feel great from getting the exercise and more sleep, no alcohol/coffee, and the crazy lady moodswings have subsided (for now, at least)!
I got my first period when my son was 8mo, and he was still almost solely breastfed (he took awhile to get excited about solids). I didn't have a period the following month, and then got another one at 10mo. After that, they were spaced out farther than usual (every 32-34 days) for awhile, then gradually moved back to my usual 28 day cycle. So, yes, I think that the first year of post-partum periods can be a little wonky!

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#127 of 148 Old 06-17-2014, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

I'm officially back to Waiting to O. I got my period on Sunday, one day late, but hey, at least that means I had an 11 day luteal phase. Still too short, but getting closer. I'm trying to stay positive, and I mostly am, but Sunday was pretty hard. Especially when I discovered DH is traveling again when I am supposed to be Oing next.

#128 of 148 Old 06-18-2014, 06:37 PM

I got my BFP!!!! SO excited, although now begins the first tri anxiety...trying to stay zen, but my history of losses makes that hard. Still very happy! I had dismissed this month because we had such bad timing, so I'm very surprised. Calling the midwife tomorrow so we can start monitoring progesterone and HcG.
Veritas Vitae likes this.

#129 of 148 Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Aww congrats, @luckiest !!!! Come join us in the February DDC, or are you March?

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#130 of 148 Old 06-19-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post
Aww congrats, @luckiest !!!! Come join us in the February DDC, or are you March?
I'll be in February, unofficially the 25th, so very possible that it'll end up being a March baby. Calling my midwife today so I can get in ASAP for progesterone and HcG. I'm a little neurotic after my two losses last year.

#131 of 148 Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, luckiest! I'm sending sticky baby vibes your way.

June is off to a great start!! THREE BFPs!

I had a discussion with DH and we've decided to just play it cool, we're not going to actively try anymore, but we're not going to prevent either.

#132 of 148 Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congratulations!!! I just instinctively got this huge smile on my face when I read that. So happy for you.

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12, and baby #2 due 05/07/15.
#133 of 148 Old 06-19-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congrats, @luckiest !! So happy for you wishing you a healthy 9 months!

AFM...please move me back to waiting to OI'm 10dpo...today was pretty disappointing...Very obvious BFN this morning followed by spotting this afternoon. AF should be here tomorrow so this cycle was a bust. I will also post this on the one TTC board...but curious if anyone knows why some women can't get pg when nursing at all (as in even when nursing a very small amount)? I got very lucky and conceived my DS on my second cycle trying (2 yrs ago)...and now we are down to 1-3 very short nursing sessions a day (less than 5 min...and he STTN so I have a 12-15 hr gap most days)....not to mention my supply is SO LOW and he eats lots of solid foods so I'm thinking he is mostly nursing for comfort and not actual milk at this point.

My PPAF returned at 8 months PP, and now DS is 14 months. I have 24 day cycles, Normally O on day 13 (same as before pg which I confirmed by temps then, and ovulation monitor now). We were NTNP for 3 months then have been actively TTC 3 months and no luck yet...so I am thinking the nursing could be the difference. I may need to wean or just put TTC on hold til he weans himself completely...but before I decide I would like to have more info to do so with more confidence (instead of just based on a "hunch")...thanks for any insight you have....

I know many of you ladies have been TTC for so much longer...I really do not intend to sound impatient or ungrateful for the ease I had when TTC my precious DS...I really value your input and the knowledge so many of you have so that's what I'm hoping to find. I'm feeling frustrated with my body and a little lost.....not to mention moody, sad, emotional....thanks AF

Anyways hope you all are having a good day today!
#134 of 148 Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 PM

Sorry for disappearing! I'm no longer waiting for the first PP egg. Cycles returned at 16 months PP, now CD 23 and waiting to ovulate. I'm hopeful that it will happen soon! What supplements are you all taking to help with follicular development? My LP is typically good, it just takes forever to O.
Congrats to all with BFPs!!
#135 of 148 Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Congratulations, luckiest!!!
#136 of 148 Old 06-26-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone want to take over the thread for the next quarter? (July, August, September). We're no longer actively trying (but no BC either) so I'm afraid I wouldn't be the best at continuing to keep up with the thread.

#137 of 148 Old 06-30-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vitae View Post
Does anyone want to take over the thread for the next quarter? (July, August, September). We're no longer actively trying (but no BC either) so I'm afraid I wouldn't be the best at continuing to keep up with the thread.
I don't think I can take over but I'll certainly participate. <3
#138 of 148 Old 07-02-2014, 10:15 AM

How much B6 are you taking? My prenatel vitamin has 15 mg, but I read about taking 50 mg/day (that advice was for elevated progestin levels).
Thanks!

I have an old phone and half of the icons/links don't show up...I probably wouldn't be the best host, but I could assist...
#139 of 148 Old 07-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exciting to see lots of BFPs!

We've got babies on the brain as all our friends are welcoming little ones this summer or are announcing their 2nd pregnancies. I yo-yo between being excited to get pregnant again and then remembering how terribly ill and incapacitated by pregnancy I was last time around. I'm one of those unlucky ones. But BABIES [goes all gooey]. Can't win with this.

I'm 15.5 months pp here and still no AF and only one day with sorta EWCM in the past two months. I don't think this system is up and running yet even though I'm working 6-7 hours a day without nursing or pumping so that's a pretty long gap of not nursing each day and we seem to have dropped down to one night feeding so I was thinking that would be a big shift.

#140 of 148 Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ALL! Sorry to update so late but I got my BFP and I am 5 weeks pregnant today! I did have to wean fully even though we only had one session a day at the end there. Luckily it went smooth and the first cycle of full weaning i got pregnant! I was shocked. I want to wish you all well. I hope i see you with BFPs soon!!!!
#141 of 148 Old 07-16-2014, 09:42 AM

Congratulations @Warriorcandy !! I am happy to hear that the weaning was the successful link for you, I'm hoping that BFP has made the transition easier on you. Hope everyone else is doing well here!

AFM: I also received my BFP 6 days ago. This puts me at almost 4 wks, so still incredibly early, but feeling so happy and excited.
@Warriorcandy I apologize for tag-teaming my congrats to you with sharing my own BFP. Kinda lame I know, but I have shared the news recently on the TTC One Thread so I thought it would be weird to not share here Look forward to seeing you in the March DDC soon?!
Warriorcandy likes this.
#142 of 148 Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMama2013 View Post
Congratulations @Warriorcandy !! I am happy to hear that the weaning was the successful link for you, I'm hoping that BFP has made the transition easier on you. Hope everyone else is doing well here!

AFM: I also received my BFP 6 days ago. This puts me at almost 4 wks, so still incredibly early, but feeling so happy and excited.
@Warriorcandy I apologize for tag-teaming my congrats to you with sharing my own BFP. Kinda lame I know, but I have shared the news recently on the TTC One Thread so I thought it would be weird to not share here Look forward to seeing you in the March DDC soon?!
Don't be sorry! I am THRILLED to be in your company!!!

Cheering the rest of you on too!
#143 of 148 Old 07-16-2014, 11:54 AM

warriorcandy and happymama2013 - congrartulations!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
#144 of 148 Old 07-19-2014, 12:51 PM

@Warriorcandy and @meeba , thank you!

Thank you to all you awesome nursing mamas for the support the past few months! I wish you all the best in your TTC journeys. Hope to see lots more BFPs on this board soon!
#145 of 148 Old 07-28-2014, 05:30 PM

DS is almost 27 months and still waiting for the first PP AF...weaned down to 2 feedings - before nap and before bedtime. Taking Vitex...wishing something would kick in! DH feels impatient and like he is becoming too old to wait much longer DS definately not ready to wean any further now. Sending good vibes and patience to everyone!
#146 of 148 Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 PM

Congrats to all the BFP's

I'm in the 2ww still but not feeling it since last cycle was so short again.

edited to add -- @Veritas Vitae ~ I could take it over. I've done in before when i was ttc my youngest.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#147 of 148 Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 PM

Hey there ladies-
I have been MIA since the format update of Mothering. I just wanted to come and also say congrats to all of the recent BFP.

A quick question.....

Every few weeks I have 3-4 days of nausea and just feeling off. Every time it feels just like when I am pregnant, but always BFN. I also have twinges in my ovaries off and on for those days. I have never had the nausea, so confused.

Thinking hormonal fluctuations, cysts, what else?

DS is almost 18 months and AF has not returned (did at 13 and 16 months with DDs)

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#148 of 148 Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 PM

I ended up making a new thread...... New Thread

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page