New here. Am I doing this right? Lol - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi ladies, my name is Melinda! I've been lurking for a few days and figured I'd jump in and say hi smile.gif

This is my first month TTC and I have a few questions. I have 9 and 7 year old kids that I got pregnant with on the first try, but that was a very long time ago. Since then I've had a divorce, two IUDs and contracted HPV and had a procedure to remove it. I'm nervous that these things have effected my once very fertile state. I had the IUD removed about six months ago and at that time my OB said everything looked good to TTC soon. Since then my cycles have been pretty regular, but a little long, about 31-32 days. My LMP was on 4/8, we had sex on 4/14, 4/17 and 4/19 and I had EWCM on 4/21 (no sex that day tho), then had sex and some cramping (ovulation?) on 4/22. Today 4/24 I had white/clumpy CM. So it looks like today is my first day of the two week wait, and my period will be on 5/9.

I've done some reading on this subject but am in no way an expert. Does it seem like I'm doing this right to you ladies? If I'm doing this right the only thing I'd do differently next month is that I'd have sex on the day of the EWCM but I was a clutz and slipped on the stairs and hurt my knee that day so I wasn't in the best shape for sex lol.

Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all smile.gif
#2 of 4 Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Hi Melinda!  I'm sorry no one has responded to your post yet.  I am bumping it up for more attention.  Best of luck on your TTC journey!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 04-28-2014, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thank you so much :)

I ended up posting the same question on the TTC one thread and got a few replies there. I think I just wanted another set of eyes to look at what Im doing and see if Im missing something or misunderstanding something.

The two week wait is HARD!! lol

#4 of 4 Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congratulations on your new little one on the way! Looks like you did it right afterall.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page