~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~May 2014 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#391 of 430 Old 05-30-2014, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I have a history of low progesterone in successful and non successful pregnancies, so my RE prescribed prometrium suppositories to take right after O. That was my first appt with him and this is my first pos since then. I've had 3 chemicals, two in the last 8 months. This is likely my third....
#392 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hello everyone! (No idea how to tag anyone the @ symbol didn't seem to work this morning). No idea where mention function is. Also hating the ridiculously long pages to scroll through.

I just want to say thank you to everyone here for the love and support. I really appreciate you all.

Fingers crossed that you can celebrate soon chilee. Thanks dear for the support

Continued hugs and prayers rosie2727. Glad your husband is on board again. Thanks hun. I am trying to stay hopeful. We need to look more closely into IVF vs. IUI. I definitely see something in your pics. Fingers crossed

Thank you so much for your support jenjy. I had myself convinced that it would turn out differently too.

I am so sorry I almost made you cry bren94. I am still struggling mentally but I am trying to be more accepting of it. I did ask about your work situation. I am trying to work on me and DH's relationship too- the stress from all this can take a toll. A new kitten sounds like fun.

I am amazed by the strength of my husband, SeattleRain. I am sure some emotion will be evident at some point but as of right now the only tears are mine. I am trying to find a place where I can be positive. I know we both need and want to be parents and that is the goal, it hasn't changed.

I agree this is much less user-friendly badwolf092087.

I wish they listened to us, the users of their site ayme371, thanks for the support. I definitely see something in your pictures too. Fingers crossed. Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Hi dmariev and everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#393 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
TinyTina- I'm so so sorry about the results of DH's test. But no matter how you two decide to have a child, he will be the father and it sounds like he will be an amazing dad. Honestly to me what matters is the love and the time invested in children, not biology. But my DH and I went into marriage knowing that some day we would adopt, so I feel like I have a different view on things.
ayme317- I saw something on a couple of your pics, I can't remember which ones, I would go back and look, but I'm scared to lose my post!
Rosie- I'm glad DH is on board again.
Jenjy- trust me, when we get the dog I'll post a pic and tell a little about it. Yesterday I bought some treats and a new bowl. I told a friend on fb that wants a pic as well that it'll be like new baby spam on fb lol!
This site really really has me frustrated! On top of that clomid started yesterday, woke up this morning only to find my FAVORITE coffee cup (a doctor who disappearing tardis mug) in the dishwasher!!! Unfortunately we ran the dishes last night, and I sure didn't put the mug in there. Well, needless to say, half of the decal MELTED OFF! I just cried and cried. Ugh. I do not do well on hormones. Then all I wanted to do was cut up my hubbys "house shorts". He has this one pair of basically gym shorts that he always wears around the house and all I wanted to do was destroy them! I'm so sensitive to hormones, I can't wait to feel more like myself.
Hi to everyone I missed!!

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#394 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
@tinytina , you are in my thoughts.

@ayme371 any news??

@siuann , it wouldn't take Clomid for me to be miffed at my DH for doing something like that. But I hear you on feeling like not being yourself. So you haven't adopted your new dog yet! Ah, I can't wait to see pics. Are you anywhere near one of these free adoption events going on this weekend? http://adopt.maddiesfund.org/

@rosie2727 , thinking of you!! Hoping for a blaring BFP.

Since rosie asked about indents vs evaps, I am going to share some pics.

Here is my indent (timely, as it is from today.) In person, it looks like a white line with edges where the antibody strip is. It started at 5 minutes into the test as a sort of shiny line. To get the picture, I had to hold it in sideways light to get the shadow. It's so hard to see in the picture so I drew guidelines.

And then also attached is what I call an evap from the cycle before last. I usually see color in evaps, but they appear after the time limit. While testing out my m/c last fall, I did definitely see lines show up later and later as the hcg went out of my system.. sometimes hours later toward the end. So in my mind, a line after the time limit could be picking up low levels of hcg (as was the case for @rosie2727 's) or just simply an evap (which I'll call it if I don't get a line within the time limit on a subsequent test.)

I get indents fairly regularly, but I think I've actually gotten a positive after an indent more times than not, so I'm cautiously hopeful about my indent this morning. I was not hopeful at all earlier this cycle because for the previous month I felt like I did back when I was not getting pregnant at all (back then I tried for a while, then I took a very long break to fix a bunch of health stuff, then started back up TTC again last summer with nothing but miscarriages since) <-- my short history summary for any new peeps. But about 4 days ago I started feeling great again and started to get hopeful for this cycle!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indent.jpg (66.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (69.6 KB, 7 views)

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#395 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 AM

jenjy- Yes! We are going to the Maddie's Fund event in Gainesville, FL. Its about a 45 min drive, but it'll be worth it to help out the shelter and rescue an amazing animal. The shelters in the town where we live are just awful, like I can't even say how bad they are, so I'm glad to be able to get an animal from a shelter that's actually taking good care of the dog while its waiting on a family. I sort of see the lines you posted. Its hard to tell but it could just be my monitor.

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#396 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
I have a history of low progesterone in successful and non successful pregnancies, so my RE prescribed prometrium suppositories to take right after O. That was my first appt with him and this is my first pos since then. I've had 3 chemicals, two in the last 8 months. This is likely my third....
Is low progesterone something that would be familial? Just found out that my mom was on it her entire pregnancy with me. She was only able to have one child due to fertility issues that do not affect me. DS was a surprise when I was 29. I've not been on birth control because I don't like what the pill does to my body. We just practiced pull and pray and it has been pretty effective. Now I think my issue is age related, Damn it! Makes.me so mad, age just snuck up on me. I've wanted a few kiddos, close in age, since I was a little girl, poor relationships got in the way of my plan and now this stupid age thing. I've have two chemicals in the last 6 months and a 10 week miscarriage about 4 yes ago. Didnt even know I was prego (was completely shocked). Never missed a period and didn't even test. DH and I were going through a rough time and I never gave it a thought. So I did find some progesterone cream at a health store that also is a TCM, I wonder if that I'd what I should try or just do to the doc and get a check under the hood. Honestly I'm afraid of getting all the testing done and hearing bad news. Would using the prog cream, after ovulation, hurt if I don't have low prog? It seems like a pretty quick fix for many and hopefully it is my only problem.

Hope AF stays away and that this is a sticky babe for you.

Honestly I think she is on her way for me. All there weird symptoms evidently didn't mean jack shit.

FX and a double dose of baby dust .
Have an awesome weekend everyone! Stay positive. !
#397 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 AM

siuann, yay! I hope it's a successful adoption event. As for the lines, ha, yes very hard to see on camera-- that's an indent and an evap for ya, ha
#398 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 AM

Cross posted ayme-- I would say OTC progesterone cream wouldn't hurt, but I also don't think it would help. I suggest prescription only. I'm on pres. Prog
#399 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 09:41 AM

I agree with jenjy, OTC cream won't help. Hell, this is my first possible BFP since starting the progesterone after O, and it doesn't seem to be helping.

Got another stupid tiny baby faint BFP this am.
#400 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 10:08 AM

It's a #@$% punch in the gut Rosie. Dang it. I want your line to get darker!!
#401 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Ladies,

Do you trust digital ovulation tests more or wondfo?

My wondfo test was light but my digital ovulation test gave me a peak reading today. Thoughts?
#402 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 11:27 AM

I only use the digital anymore, the dollar store ones were too stressful when it came to trying to figure out if the line was pos or not. Plus my doc prefers me to use the digital ones at this point.

#403 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I guess I just wonder why they would be so drastically different.
#404 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi ladies-
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all you faint BFPs. It's gotta be torture. I'm really really hoping you get some stronger lines. Haven't been able to post this week much because the new site is not cooperating with my phone, and I've been super busy in the evening. I've been keeping my eye on the thread and sending you all good thoughts. I just posted a long AFM on another thread, so hope you don't mind if I copy/paste it here. Apologies to those who read it twice.
Rosie- I'm curious about the aspirin from O-BFN. What is it supposed to do?

AFM- This cycle was a bust, started my period 3 days ago after a 38 day cycle! My longest cycle. I really thought I might be pregnant, so I was pretty disappointed. BUT I did learn something that might have been causing me problems. On another site, I came across some information that B6 lowers your estrogen and can cause not only delayed ovulation and long cycles, but also anovulatory cycles. I was SO mad because I've been taking a B complex in addition to my prenatal. I started taking it in January, and all my cycles since then have either been really long or I can't tell if I even ovulated. I think I've been sabotaging myself for months!!! I can't believe I never heard that before. So I did some online research and came across post after post of women on fertility sites saying that B6 totally messed up their ovulation and cycles. I decided to stop all my supplements for a week to get some of that B outta my system and then I'll start back up on my prenatal and D3 (which I'm low), and that's it! No more taking anything without knowing for sure I need it. So word to the wise, watch that B6 if you're having any issues with anovulation or delayed ovulation. Prenatals have plenty of B vitamins and any extra B can lower your estrogen enough where it either won't build up enough to help trigger O or it will take a super long time to build up enough. I'll be super curious to see what happens with my cycles now that I'm off of it. In other news, I've lost 8 lbs this month and am pretty happy about that. I've been eating super clean. No soy, dairy, wheat, sugar. No processed foods. I've been making everything from scratch for the most part. I feel really good and want to be in the healthiest place I can be for pregnancy. So, I'm feeling pretty good, and will feel even better once AF has left town.
#405 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 03:07 PM

Alive, I know nothing abt digi opks but I would believe it over the other.. But I would keep taking the other kind for a few more days...

Jennsies, so sorry AF found you... It sounds like a good plan moving forward.

So..guys.. Eeeep???? I was out of cheapies and couldn't get my dollar store standby... Got some .88 walmarts instead.. Got a line (I think).. I know zero about these tests! Never took them before! Are these known for making trouble??? Will try to post pic
#406 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 03:08 PM

Ugh I am having so much trouble posting... Hope this works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140531_145008.jpg (70.8 KB, 20 views)
dmariev likes this.

#407 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 03:30 PM

Jenjy, what dpo are you? I see the line. That pic looks really really similar to the pic I had at 14dpo when I had chem in Feb. I love these tests. I think they work well for progression. I used them to test out hcg in Feb and it worked well. And they are super sensitive. Price is pretty fabulous too!

Alive, I used digi smiley face for first time last cycle, got pos, DTD, and here I am. So they def predicted O well for me.

I was so hopeful for the prog support. I don't think it'll help though. I think I just have rotten eggs. Going to restart the CoQ10, going to buy PQQ, and that's all I'm adding. I believe these two things really have a good shot at improving egg quality.

I was wondering if maybe I have a thin lining/estrogen issue. But wouldn't AF be really short and light if that were the case?

I think after all this, I'm going to ask my RE for further testing. I feel like something prior to O is off. Wonder what all he can check?? Guess I'll call Monday...
#408 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 04:03 PM

rosie, I have heard a lot of good about both coq10 and pqq. Definitely ask your RE to run more tests. I have no idea what they should run, but you need answers. Pretty sure my eggs are bad myself (not holding my breath on this possible positive here) and so I can empathize. I have been on CoQ10 for a while now - here's to hoping it works. The other thing I heard and tried for eggs was royal jelly, which I think you also took/take?

Thank you about the test -- I am 9DPO.

#409 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 04:34 PM

I was on CoQ10 and Royal Jelly but stopped it all.

I think for 9dpo that is an awesome line! Tentative congrats?!?!!??
#410 of 430 Old 05-31-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
I was on CoQ10 and Royal Jelly but stopped it all.

I think for 9dpo that is an awesome line! Tentative congrats?!?!!??
Thanks! I'll test again in the morning to see if it gets darker. I honestly don't feel very celebratory about mine since you're dealing with lines staying faint on yours. I want you to graduate already!!!

#411 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 07:10 AM

Argh, I can't even log in with my phone at all this morning, so I ended up emailing myself pics from my phone. Anyone else having issues logging in??

I think it's darker today... the FRER is really hard to see (I posted the plain version plus one with guidelines) but I think the First Signal is more visible. That is officially my new favorite early test.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WM_10DPO_morning_small.jpg (35.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg FRER_10DPO_morning_noguide_smaller.jpg (52.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg FRER_10DPO_morning_guide_smaller.jpg (52.6 KB, 47 views)
dmariev likes this.

#412 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 07:27 AM

jenjy I can see the lines. I think the FS is darker and I can see the FRER w/o your guidelines. Ugh! I hope this one is it for you! Yes, the FS is so great for the price!! Sometimes they run out and it's awhile before they restock. So I will buy 7-8 at once. Sometimes only 2 or 3. My WM is out right now. Next time I see some, I'm buying the entire stock.

I had another super faint line on FRER today. But it was probably a tad lighter. So I'm calling it. AF is due today and I didn't use my progesterone last night. Not using it today either. If this was meant to be anything, then it would have taken off by now. No need screwing my cycles all up by continuing this progesterone.

I got online this morning and ordered Ubiquinol (the active form of CoQ10 I think) and PQQ. The PQQ isn't expensive, but that Ubiquinol is kind of pricey. But the CoQ10 was too, so that's expected. I think Inna used 600mg of Ubiquinol and 10mg of PQQ daily for two months prior to her sticky.

ayme So have you tested anymore? What's going on with you?

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#413 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 07:48 AM

rosie - I JUST took my morning supps, including Ubiquinol, and said to myself, "I've gotta tell rosie to get Ubiquinol instead of CoQ10." So I came on here to post it but you beat me to it. I'm glad that is the version you got! It's supposed to be better... it's the form I've been using as well.

I'm sorry the line is fainter. It sucks <-- which doesn't adequately describe it.

#414 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
rosie - I JUST took my morning supps, including Ubiquinol, and said to myself, "I've gotta tell rosie to get Ubiquinol instead of CoQ10." So I came on here to post it but you beat me to it. I'm glad that is the version you got! It's supposed to be better... it's the form I've been using as well.

I'm sorry the line is fainter. It sucks <-- which doesn't adequately describe it.
It does suck, but not nearly as bad as usual. I kind of assumed from the get go it wasn't right. And, I'm getting used to this. I'm sure you understand.

How long have you been taking the Ubiquinol and PQQ?

Do you exercise or live an active lifestyle? I sit at a desk all day long. When I'm home in the evenings, I am on my feet a lot, but I wouldn't call it exercise. I'm trying to be better about it now. I've been reading some on this and how women that aren't very active don't get adequate blood flow to the uterus. Time for me to get moving!!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#415 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
@jenjy and @Amye congratulations both! I can see your lines and I hope they progress nicely, best of wishes for healthy and happy pregnancies

@rosie2727 I'm so sorry to see that you have been tormented with the hope of a pregnancy yet again. I feel so very sad for you right now, and I hope that the next time you POAS (whether right now or next month) you get a stonking bright unmistakeable glaringly obvious BFP. You so deserve it lady!

AFM- chilling out at 11 DPO. I'm not early testing (lesson learned last month) and I'm expecting AF in the next few days, prepared for it to sting emotionally, but accepting that this month isn't our month for catching a baby. Just moved house, so my chart is missing a lot of temps (thermometer wasn't unpacked until last night). I'm ready to make the prophecy 'new house, new baby' a reality one month soon
#416 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
@jenjy , way to go on those sweet little lines!

I'm feeling down . It's 10DPO and I've got no lines, and no indication on my chart that I'm pregnant. I suppose I can see how things progress but I'm not feeling so hopeful and positive anymore.

I also just recently was reading about the effect of SSRIs on sperm. Has anyone ever heard of antidepressants having a negative effect on sperm? My husband takes one and now I'm nervous.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#417 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 10:48 AM

@rosie2727 I didn't take pqq- just heard good stuff about it. I would have to check how long I've been on ubiquinol... I want to say since decemberish time frame? I have a desk job too -- I'm not as active as I would like to be-- I was better before the hot weather hit in April.

Thanks @alittlemischief -- fingers crossed.. Are you settled in your new house?

Thank you @SeattleRain ... I don't know anything abt SSRIs, sorry. I have my fingers crossed for you- 10 dpo is early.
#418 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
@ jenjy it is so very dusty and old. But homely I'll be more settled when our carpets are down next week.
#419 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Argh, I can't even log in with my phone at all this morning, so I ended up emailing myself pics from my phone. Anyone else having issues logging in??

I think it's darker today... the FRER is really hard to see (I posted the plain version plus one with guidelines) but I think the First Signal is more visible. That is officially my new favorite early test.

OK THAT IS DEFINITELY AA A PINK line. Without a doubt,& is that 9 dpo? If so, even better.!
#420 of 430 Old 06-01-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
@jenjy , way to go on those sweet little lines!

I'm feeling down . It's 10DPO and I've got no lines, and no indication on my chart that I'm pregnant. I suppose I can see how things progress but I'm not feeling so hopeful and positive anymore.

I also just recently was reading about the effect of SSRIs on sperm. Has anyone ever heard of antidepressants having a negative effect on sperm? My husband takes one and now I'm nervous.
About the Ssri's? My hubby takes one as well. And so do I. I asked my shrink, yep. I need one and so does DH. Doc said that they are safe) for.pregnancy so i hope that isn't hurting our chances.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page