Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#241 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deserae View Post

Wow @bren94, breast feeding twins with only one lactating breast! Your mom is a pro!

As for me, I'm drawn to the softness of cloth diapers but the cleaning has me hesitating. I remember too vividly my mom scrubbing out diapers in the toilet. I'd rather spend that time bonding with my baby. But I am interested in learning more about elimination communication, and I think it might be something I could do.

She's my hero! 

I feel the same. I'm not loving the idea of having to spend so much time cleaning them, but at the same time I'd hate to be a slave to disposables. They're just expensive and wasteful. I plan on being a SAHM so I hope that will help.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#242 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

@bren94  HA! I thought you were referring to Evidenced Based Medicine, which I know nothing about. hehe.

I feel like what I've learned watching my friends have kids is that you go into it with certain intentions that may end up getting switched up at any time. For some things, I will probably just figure it out as I go. For instance, I love the idea of homeschooling, but in reality, I may want to go back to work. Or I may find a great school. Or who knows? I think the only things I know for SURE is I want a baby, I want to breastfeed until it seems like the right time to wean for both me and baby, and I don't want to circ. if we have  a boy. That's about it that I am not up for considering all the possibilities, and changing my opinion once I'm in the swing of things. I'm still am completely unsure about most other things; co-sleeping, vaccinations, AP. I have more research to do on those subjects. :)

#243 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennsies View Post

Jenjy, I've cut out dairy and wheat for the same reason. Also cut out soy for the estrogen like effects it has. I'm pretty much eating all clean and non processed, besides a little wine and an occasional cheat. I feel great.

We're also soy-free for that reason!  And we are corn-free due to my son's allergies -- so we are by necessity pretty clean eating and non-processed since corn and soy are in everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post

Does anyone else (besides Louisa) plan to cloth diaper, co-sleep, or EBF? 

Yep - I'm a cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, EBF'ing, baby-wearing mama.  Or at least I will be again - it's been a long time since my babies were babies.  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserae View Post

As for me, I'm drawn to the softness of cloth diapers but the cleaning has me hesitating. I remember too vividly my mom scrubbing out diapers in the toilet. I'd rather spend that time bonding with my baby. But I am interested in learning more about elimination communication, and I think it might be something I could do.

I don't know much about EC, but it's really not that bad to clean cloth diapers.  Don't get me wrong, I was first in line to celebrate potty training success, but it's pretty easy to deal with.  Just adds some laundry.  I definitely wasn't scrubbing diapers in the toilet!! 

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#244 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaG View Post

I plan to make my own mattress using felted wool roving and some felted pieces of knitting.

I felt compelled to mention how much I admire your creativity here! I would have never even thought of that nonetheless been able to execute that plan. I need to get better at working with my hands...*sigh*... yet another item on my never ending list of things to do. shrug.gif

Quote:

@bren94  HA! I thought you were referring to Evidenced Based Medicine, which I know nothing about. hehe.

I feel like what I've learned watching my friends have kids is that you go into it with certain intentions that may end up getting switched up at any time. For some things, I will probably just figure it out as I go. For instance, I love the idea of homeschooling, but in reality, I may want to go back to work. Or I may find a great school. Or who knows? I think the only things I know for SURE is I want a baby, I want to breastfeed until it seems like the right time to wean for both me and baby, and I don't want to circ. if we have  a boy. That's about it that I am not up for considering all the possibilities, and changing my opinion once I'm in the swing of things. I'm still am completely unsure about most other things; co-sleeping, vaccinations, AP. I have more research to do on those subjects. :)

Hahaha! I know nothing about that subject either! 

I feel you on that. I think once I'm a mom so much is going to change so I'm cautious to have a definitive "plan". I'm a planner though, so it's hard. 

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#245 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello! New here on this thread. My DH and I are kind of in the WHAT IS GOING ON?! phase right now. We have a 15 mo DD and I haven't yet cycled, and have limited signs of returned fertility. Although, a few weeks ago I did notice a teeny bit of cm. DH and I have been pretty on fire in the bedroom, so I'm hopeful that if I ovulated this month we caught the egg!

Fingers crossed.

24 years old. Central PA. Married to a medical student. DD1 - Valentine's Day 2013. treehugger.giflactivist.gifcaffix.gifdelayedvax.giffamilybed1.gifwhale.gif
#246 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Is this a positive OPK?

Me learning.gif+ DH hug.gif + kid.gifDaniel (7/5/10)
#247 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello! I'm a new member jumping in. I'm Alice, and I'm 27. My dh of 7 yrs and I are casually ttcing #3. DS is 3 and DD is 21 months. This will probably be our last baby. I'm currently waiting to know having ovulated yesterday. My son is recently being worked up for developmental delay, and I'm interested in any ways to keep another pregnancy healthy and give my child the best health from the start. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
#248 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post

Is this a positive OPK?

Looks pretty damn close! I'd test again in 12 hours and every 12 hours till it lightens. fRERS are notorious for giving positives for days
#249 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderlan View Post

Looks pretty damn close! I'd test again in 12 hours and every 12 hours till it lightens. fRERS are notorious for giving positives for days
If I'm not mistaken, fr opks are diff...if the test line is "similar to or as dark as" the control line, then it's pos...I'd still test again, but I'd call that a pos.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#250 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Well I dipped a wondfo in the same pee cup and it looks lighter than the FRER so now I feel conflicted. I mean, it can't hurt to DTD tonight just in case redface.gif

Honestly I'll just be happy if I ovulate sometime this week because I'll know my cycles are getting more reasonable. I've been making a real concerted effort to do my charting so I can confirm I've caught the egg.

Me learning.gif+ DH hug.gif + kid.gifDaniel (7/5/10)
#251 of 429 Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 PM

@alicenwonderlan hi! Look forward to getting to know you!

@SeattleRain I'm crossing my fingers for you!

AFM, I'm starting to feel pms symptoms coming on and I'm officially discouraged. It just seems like time goes by so slowly when I'm waiting all the time. I'm trying desperately to occupy my mind in other ways but it's hard because my job leaves me with a lot of time sitting at my desk just thinking. No good. Hope everyone is doing well.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#252 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

She's my hero! 

I feel the same. I'm not loving the idea of having to spend so much time cleaning them, but at the same time I'd hate to be a slave to disposables. They're just expensive and wasteful. I plan on being a SAHM so I hope that will help.

Cloth diapers nowadays are so easy to keep clean! I'd recommend a diaper sprayer for once your LO starts eating solids, but until that point you can toss even really messy diapers into the wash because exclusively breastfed baby poop is water soluble :) That said, we do a mix of cloth and disposables because I haven't exactly refined my wash routine at our new house, which has very hard water and causes build up on the cloth diapers. I really love NATYbaby disposables, but my daughter has a corn allergy and it's made with corn. So, we've used 7th Gen diapers and liked them alright, though they didn't contain my heavy wetter's pee through the whole night. Our favorite now is Honest Co diapers, which are available at Costco for not too much money, are SUPER absorbent, but still somewhat eco friendly.

24 years old. Central PA. Married to a medical student. DD1 - Valentine's Day 2013. treehugger.giflactivist.gifcaffix.gifdelayedvax.giffamilybed1.gifwhale.gif
#253 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear about your experience @Veritas Vitae 

Yup, @jenjy we have my husband's test next Thursday and then we will be ready for IVF middle of June-ish. Hope you continue to feel better dear

I am also trying to figure out what is needed vs. wants (I asked some friends online). I had to find something to occupy my mind while waiting to start IVF so this was the compromise to start looking at baby goods @jennsies. I will gather a list of budgeting blogs that I check out.

Big ones are http://www.gailvazoxlade.com/http://www.thesimpledollar.com/, http://canadianbudgetbinder.com/ and my own http://realfinanceslearningmoneymanagementtools.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the reminder to simplify @LouisaG. Since my parents have no grandkids yet and our families are amazing I know we won't have to buy a lot. Babies r us was very over priced compared to other stores- we started pricing them out at different stores. 

Hi @bren94, I am definitely wanting to BF but cloth diapering and co-sleeping are not on my list (I have to pay for laundry in our apartment building and we have a special mattress for my husband's medical condition. I don't mean to start a debate about it. I think its an individual choice. Try not to get disappointed dear

Hi @deserae

Hello and welcome @waywornwanderer. Hope your cycles return soon 

Looks close to me @SeattleRain. Fingers crossed dear

Hello and welcome @alicewonderland

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#254 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Updated to here. Any changes should be put into BOLD please

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#255 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 08:52 AM

I cloth diapered my oldest for 2 years. It wasn't hard, but stuffing diapers for two while working is what made me quit. Dh is the stay at home parent and he doesn't have a knack for it. Cosleeping was just natural. I never wanted to, but it made nursing easier.

Clothes, diapers, changing surface, car seat, baby carrier good to go. I bought way too much and still destashing unnecessary stuff.
#256 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Welcome to all the newbies!

jenjy: thanks for thinking of me. I'm totally bummed. DH is ready to pull the plug on TTC. So where does that leave me? Heartbroken, sad, depressed, highly pissed, emotional, angry, and all around it has me in a foul mood. I'm literally so pissed I have not spoken to him since Sunday. I know that's real healthy for our relationship. And mature on my part wink1.gif But I give a shit right now.

I even fantasize that I'll just tell him if he ever wants to get laid again, he'll just have to hit me up on the right day. Like CD13 or 14. Otherwise, he can forget it.

I'm probably not gonna be on here much more. I don't feel like I belong anyway. I'm too old and feel more at home on the TTC after loss forum. Although what's the point of that too when DH is out?

Would it be frowned upon for me to go to a sperm bank without DH? Lol...

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#257 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

jenjy: thanks for thinking of me. I'm totally bummed. DH is ready to pull the plug on TTC. So where does that leave me? Heartbroken, sad, depressed, highly pissed, emotional, angry, and all around it has me in a foul mood. I'm literally so pissed I have not spoken to him since Sunday. I know that's real healthy for our relationship. And mature on my part wink1.gif But I give a shit right now.

I even fantasize that I'll just tell him if he ever wants to get laid again, he'll just have to hit me up on the right day. Like CD13 or 14. Otherwise, he can forget it.

I'm probably not gonna be on here much more. I don't feel like I belong anyway. I'm too old and feel more at home on the TTC after loss forum. Although what's the point of that too when DH is out?

Rosie, I'm new, but I really hope you don't leave, I've really appreciated all your suppirt and advice I've come across while reading through the site. I'm sorry about your DH. I don't know your history, but that might be unforgivable if it were mine. Of course we don't have any yet and he knew since day 1 of our relationship that I want a baby, no matter what. Hope he's just frustrated and comes around, but yeah losing our one opportunity for the month would be infuriating!
Also wanted to add that I saw one of your other posts about your CBE monitor, and I have the exact same problem...with that and opks. I got zilch on the monitor this month but my chart looks like I clearly ovulated. Also nothing on opks (done 2x/day) until after temp shift. It's happened to me before too, positive opks AFTER temp shift. It makes NO sense and I can't find a clear explanation. I tend to put more faith into my chart, but my cycles are so variable I'm starting to feel like we need to DTD every other day for half the month! Which my DH would love but that's pushing it a bit for me. smile.gif
#258 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

Rosie, I'm so sorry about your DH not wanting to try anymore. This I can really sympathize with, my DH has mentioned a few times this week that if I'm not pregnant this time he'd like to pull the reigns on it all for a bit. It's so hurtful I can't even respond, I mostly just ignore it and change the subject. I think it's hard sometimes for men to understand the longing a woman feels to have a child. Motherhood is a calling. I hope you don't leave us. I only know you from your posts but just from that I can see you're an incredibly strong spirit with so much advice and wisdom when it comes to TTC, babies, and motherhood in general. We'd be lacking greatly without you. But of course I understand if you feel more comfortable with another group. It's easier when you have people who know exactly what you're going through. I know I'm new here but I just want you to know that you are very loved and welcomed by this group. I feel like I can speak for everyone with confidence in that. *hugs*

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#259 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@rosie2727 I also don't want to see you leave. You have been a fountain of knowledge and a tower of strength and support. And you have been so absolutely honest throughout which I find refreshing smile.gif is it the 'trying' part of ttc that your hubby is rejecting, or the idea of another child? I only ask because since NTNP'ing, our bd'ing has been like the good ole days, and I hadn't even realised we had changed until I stopped making ttc a priority. I don't really know where I'm going with this...

@jennsies I read a few posts back that you were upset about a 9dpo temp drop. Mine did that and recovered (after implantation I guess) and I had a BFP at 13dpo, so I don't think you are out yet smile.gif

AFM- temp rise today. I suspect I O'd, going to temp for a few more days to be sure. This is an early O for me (CD15), and my timing wasn't the best, but I am so OK with that. I'm not even thinking (yet) about the 2ww, just going to roll with it.

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
#260 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 AM

@alittlemischief
Thanks! I did recover actually! I've got to learn not to look day by day with my charts, because they are quite up and down, I need to look at the bigger picture. I'm 11dpo and temp is holding strong. I don't "feel pregnant", but it ain't over until AF sings. I don't test during the TWW, because not only do I drop too much money on pre-o tests, but I just figure AF will come or not. If not, I'll go buy a test. Unfortunately because my cycles vary so much, I'm not sure when it's due. I'll give it a few days more at least.
#261 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:28 AM

Should I be tracking my ovulation as closely as all of you? It seems like everyone is a pro and I'm just so not. I'm new to TTC so I just mostly estimate my cycle with an app on my phone (I know, I'm such an amateur. I'm embarrassed.) I did buy a basal body temp. thermometer but what else do I need? Help! I want to do this the right way.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#262 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Should I be tracking my ovulation as closely as all of you? It seems like everyone is a pro and I'm just so not. I'm new to TTC so I just mostly estimate my cycle with an app on my phone (I know, I'm such an amateur. I'm embarrassed.) I did buy a basal body temp. thermometer but what else do I need? Help! I want to do this the right way.
Bren, have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? It's pretty much the bible of charting. If not, I highly suggest it. All you need is a thermometer and charts. I record mine both on software and on paper charts. It just takes a lot of the guess work out of it. If I just assumed I ovulated on Day 14, I'd never have any chance of getting pregnant. I O much later. It can also give you ideas of any problens you might have...ie...anovulatory cycles, short luteal phase, possible thyroid issues. The book explains everything!
#263 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Bren, have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? It's pretty much the bible of charting. If not, I highly suggest it. All you need is a thermometer and charts. I record mine both on software and on paper charts. It just takes a lot of the guess work out of it. If I just assumed I ovulated on Day 14, I'd never have any chance of getting pregnant. I O much later. It can also give you ideas of any problens you might have...ie...anovulatory cycles, short luteal phase, possible thyroid issues. The book explains everything!

I haven't. Can I buy it at barnes & noble? Thanks so much for that suggestion. I'm so up in arms with this whole thing, it's complicated stuff. & I think I also ovulate later than day 14. I'll check it out ASAP!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#264 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 12:12 PM

@bren94 I would assume so but I'd call your local B&N to see if they have it. If not, theres always Amazon, which is where I got mine.
#265 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

Don't be embarrassed!! This is a place for you to ask questions, even the ones you think are dumb or embarrassing.

I think it's easy to get overly consumed with TTC if you're a type A, which I am. I got pregnant twice in two cycles (first one was a chemical pregnancy) and I honestly think I'd have gotten pregnant without OPK (ovulation prediction) or temping or obsessing. If you've just started trying, and have no history of difficulty trying to get pregnant few if any measures are really necessary. if I were to do it over again I'd just have fun and enjoy the trying :)

If you DO want to add something temping is really helpful in figuring out when you ovulated, which helps if you desperately want to pee on a home pregnancy test.

Good luck and please please do ask all the questions you have.

newly married and pregnant, due January 2015.
#266 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

ugh, I was so excited to see 31 posts...I thought BFPs were rampant

I am looking forward to next month, maybe may is not a big conception month all round.

#267 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Any status changes needed? Updated to HERE
Please put me down as waiting to be ready. I'm not doing this cycle, waiting for nxt month. Thanks.
#268 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi ladies!  I have been stalking this thread for the past two months and decided to join officially.  We just had our first TTC cycle and AF showed up yesterday.  We got pregnant on our first tries with my two boys (2 and 4.5) so I wasn't sure if I should join the group if it was going to be as quick but looks like that is not the case.  Anyway, I am 34 and a SAHM.  We used OPKs last cycle and I ovulated much later than I expected (Day 17) so I am not sure if that factored in a bit as AF showed up Day 28.  Looking forward to being a part of the group! 

#269 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd01 View Post

Hi ladies!  I have been stalking this thread for the past two months and decided to join officially.  We just had our first TTC cycle and AF showed up yesterday.  We got pregnant on our first tries with my two boys (2 and 4.5) so I wasn't sure if I should join the group if it was going to be as quick but looks like that is not the case.  Anyway, I am 34 and a SAHM.  We used OPKs last cycle and I ovulated much later than I expected (Day 17) so I am not sure if that factored in a bit as AF showed up Day 28.  Looking forward to being a part of the group! 
Welcome!!!!
#270 of 429 Old 05-22-2014, 02:26 PM

@bren94 they usually have taking charge of your fertility at the library. I own a copy too though. You can find most of the info online though. My favorite charting program is fertility friend. I like to use charting and opks. It's not completely necessary, but helpful to learn about your body.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page