The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Flower Moon - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Oxford - I'm glad you made your complaint. I'm sure once matters are discussed, everything will improve.

Chourd - How are things in your neck of the woods? You are moving into cooler weather this time of year, yes?

Primal - Have you started getting your house ready for your new arrival? I haven't. Haha.

Mares - How's the new house? Are you and the family and animals getting more settled? It must feel so good to be in your own space.

AFM - I feel good. Feet still swollen, and I don't think it's going to go away until after I deliver. I can live with that. DH and I took the kids to the zoo a couple days ago, and I couldn't keep up with them. I spent the whole time about 15 meters behind. I felt fine physically, but I just can't move as fast as they do. It kind of surprised me.

Today is the first day of school vacation and I'm so glad it's here. Now I can spend time cleaning and organizing and playing at the beach rather than teaching. Homeschool moms love summer as much as the kids. Maybe more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi, guys

Mamablue -- You and I are probably similarly prepared at this point. We're maybe 75% on having the gear we need (we use more than some natural parenting families do; my babies love their swing, which means that I love it). I still have to strip diapers and come up with a few more small covers and snappies. A friend has given us bags of clothes, but I haven't gone through them, so I have no idea what we have in what sizes. We didn't keep anything from the boys (weren't planning on more kids), and very little from DD (weren't sure if we were having more, and didn't want them to go to waste when others could use them). We've done a bit of preparing in the last couple of weeks, but I'm nothing like ready. I'm really feeling this pregnancy now, too. Swelling is a constant thing; I can only fit into my sneakers and my flip flops. I'm feeling a lot more uncomfortable at night, too. I hate flopping around trying to get comfortable. I'm glad you're going to get some downtime to nest (I mean, as much downtime as there is with four other kids in the house?). Oh, and the zoo? You're braver than me. I'm definitely past my zoo days with this baby.

Mares -- How are you feeling? Are you nested, or procrastinating with the rest of us?

Oxford -- I'm really glad to hear that you are taking the situation on directly. They really have no right to make any judgments on your medical time off. Even if they don't want to do it just because they're decent people, they have to do it legally, right? I'm not sure how those things work in the UK, but your workers' rights can't be any worse than ours in the US, I bet! Do you have plans while your body recovers and resets for your next IVF?

Chuord -- How are you traveling? Still in the rest cycle, or at the beginning of the new IVF?

Wengrin -- How are you feeling? I think you asked about how our custody situation works out, what with the half on / half off. It has its ups and downs. It makes organization for school challenging. We're constantly running some school book or instrument over there for them. DH thinks that discipline is harder with the going back and forth, but I experience that less (but I'm not the stepparent, so his experience may be different). It's what they've always wanted, so we try to honor that. We did it with them primarily with me for one school year, but when it was over, they wanted to go back to being with their dad as much. I will say that everyone having breaks from each other is nice in some ways. The house is quiet when they're gone, and tension between them and DH has a chance to cool. We'll see when they're older if they still prefer this, but it seems to be the best we can do for now.

Anyone else I'm missing -- Hi!

AFM, everything is going well as far as the health of the pregnancy goes, but it is definitely catching up to me. I'll be 33 weeks on Monday. I think it's normal slowing down stuff, added to the heat we have going on right now. I'm becoming a bit phobic about being stuck in hot places right now, as it just feels so terrible. DS's school play was last night, and it was in the eighties in the room it was in. I was dying by the end. I had to leave for a few minutes because I thought I was going to throw up... Very classy night for me. Today I've been working at home and got to stay in my home air conditioning. Much better.

Anyway, my kids' last day of school is tomorrow, and we're looking forward to the relative simplicity of summer, even if it does mean more noise and arguing with the big kids.

What's everyone else up to?

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Hi everyone - sorry I missed so much!!! Between forgetting my charger while away and this stupid new site - lol no need to say more right?!
Oxford - huge hugs!! The only way I've found to deal with it is just to let the tears out, the super hormone levels really doesn't help... I went through all of that this month, and watching so many successful cycles continuing doesn't help (ivf etc). My birthday was the 10th, it took me till after lunch to get slightly cheerful - the first half of the day all my focus was on not crying. It's a very hard number to hit while in this process. Generally I don't care about age, as long as I feel I've achieved things then I'm proud of the milestone... But I didn't feel that and felt I'd let myself down (reflecting over a decade of poor health, no children etc) thankfully like you I'm blessed with a generally optimistic outlook and I now have that back re the AF - totally agree lol, but in the crazy unknown just enjoy all the contraband xxx
Mares, Wengrin, mamablue, primal - love you all, glad it's going well for you
Jensies - where are you at?
Remember to bask in some of the moonlight tonight... Friday the 13th and a full moon is doubly empowering for us ladies... We had it last night and I could feel myself becoming more alive under the moon (I swing via ranees bonfire after dinner with my parents) totally magical!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Chuord -- I hear how hard this birthday was for you. You are so positive and upbeat so much of the time, but it's okay to express your sadness and frustration too, if that's what you're feeling. I've said before and will say again -- I *believe* that this will happen for you. Your path has been so hard, but when I think about you, I really do entirely see you with a baby in the not-too-distant future. So many hugs being sent to you. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today.

Thank you for the lovely reminder about the full moon. I don't know if it will be clear enough for us to see it here tonight, but I will remember to try now.

I put up a new thread (before I can forget, for once), but no one feel rushed to move over there until you're ready. I hate feeling like I'm cutting off responses to an open conversation... So there's no hurry.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Thanks primal believe me dh and Ranee get to see the sad bits... Normally for my birthday it's like everything lines up and I have an impenetrable auror of love and happiness - it's great. So the feeling miserable then was a let down as well. It's ok I just need to get pg very soon...
How's everyone?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hello all, I hope you all had a great weekend. Let's all check in with what we are up to and our places on the road in our journey to motherhood.

AFM - The last few days were spent with dear friends and family, and it was wonderful. Today will be for resting up and tidying the house. I have to get the swelling down in my feet before my midwife sees them and gives me a stern talking to about taking it easy. The hubster has a mild cold and is being a drama king about it. Wuss.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford View Post
Hello ladies,

Thank you for your encouragement, what a fab group of friends :-)

Chuord- is it your birthday this week or next? Happy birthday! Hope DH spoils you.

Mares- hoes the house going? Lovely to be back as a family?

Jenn- how are you doing? What have you been up to?

Mamablue- have the swollen ankles settled down? I hope you are blooming.

Primal- summer holidays sound like a lot of change at your house with DS back and forth. I hope your baby preparations are coming on well? Thanks for your advice, I have made a complaint at work and I have a follow up meeting this afternoon.

Wengrin- how are you? Can you get into your message at the moment? I hope thibgs are ok with dd and shaing care this summer, step families are fundamentally complicated, you are doing a great job :-)
Hi everyone. I don't know if I'm replying in the right place! I am not a fan at all of this new site set-up.

Oxford that Director of yours needs to mind their own business and I can't believe you were made to feel as though IVF is not a valid reason for time off. I hope that you can either get them to understand or like I read someone else say, just don't say what it's for from now on. Good grief. It's your time-off, it's none of their business. Oooh I have some things to say that are not appropriate. That makes me angry!! I'm so sorry that you have felt so emotional but I completely understand and feel that it is normal for what you've endured. Having your best friend get pregnant with ease and deliver a healthy baby must seem cruel. I know you're thrilled for her but it is just not fair that some people have it so easy and then others struggle for so long. Keep the faith that you will have your own success story. xx

Chuord I totally get the birthday thing. I find that birthdays (even holidays like Mother's Day) can stir up emotions and brings any insecurities or feelings of discontentment to the surface. I know you're so positive and hopeful most times....this process can just be so long and frustrating. Glad you were able to enjoy part of your day.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Sounds like Mamablue is glad for summer and no homeschooling! I am trying to have DD work on homeschool math sheets that I printed online so that she doesn't fall behind. But of course that's just one sheet a day and not intense studying.

We are doing well- I am 20 weeks and feeling tons of baby rolls and movement. I'm sooo much better thankfully. I am struggling more with growing pains and headaches. But I can handle this. We are out for summer now too. It is a nice relaxing change of pace, but of course we are trying to stay busy and avoid boredom and arguing. Ha.

Primal, that's great that your schedule works well for time sharing. If the kids like it then that's what matters I would think. I can imagine the running back and forth for books or activity gear. We do that some...but it's not as bad because we only do 1 week alternating during the summer. I like having DD at home for school. It just makes things easier. Her dad wouldn't stay on top of her school work and she would completely fall behind. Ugh.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to stay connected but this silly new platform is driving me a bit bonkers. Take care.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Here's the new thread The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Strawberry Moon

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List