Testing early. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-21-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sort of new here! I spent some time on the loss threads almost 4 years ago. We have finally decided to try again. I'm 5 DPO, and I want to test, like, now.  That works sometimes, right? (just say yes.) But seriously, I don't want to wait for 10 DPO - how early is it not crazy to test?

No symptoms, yet. I get hyperemesis gravidarum with my pregnancies so I feel like I have a legitimate need to know NOW. I'm eating protein and green vegetables like crazy this week trying to prepare. Very excited but nervous, too. :)

I actually have my yearly appt with my doctor tomorrow, and I'm hoping he'll do a blood test. But I should go ahead and POAS in the meantime, right? Definitely. 

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-21-2014, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

So, dang. No one replied fast enough and I POAS with an FRER. It was negative (obviously). I was hoping for an evap line or something to obsess over, but nothing. Sigh. 

Anyone else out there? Is there a testing-early-nutjob thread I'm missing?

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#3 of 13 Old 05-21-2014, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Earliest I ever got a + was 8 or 9 DPO with this one (FF disagrees on O date with me) but I had symptoms before that so I was pretty sure (tired, lumpy breasts.)

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#4 of 13 Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Hey lollie! You're not new! :P I DO remember you from the loss threads.

The earliest, I ever got a + was 8 dpo on a FRER. I've seen them at 9 and 10 dpo with good results, too. Think of it like this. If you were doing IVF, they wouldn't even put the embryos back until day 5 blastocyst or day 6 when they're hatching. And, until they hatch and start to implant, you can't possibly get even the faintest hint of a +. So, if they hatch on day 6 and start burrowing in on day 7, the earliest you could even possibly see a + would be the morning of 8dpo. And, that's only if they're running early and you're body's very sensitive to HCG and it metabolizes it through your kidneys quickly. Lot's of if's.

Good luck though! It's good to see you around.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#5 of 13 Old 05-21-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, Xerxella! Good to see a familiar face! I haven't been back to the loss threads - I wasn't sure if there would be any of the same people around. 

I guess I keep rationalizing that, I'm actually 5 days "post-peak" (for creighton) but maybe it's really 7 DPO. Really I should know better - just super impatient. But I think that wasted test will make me hold out a little longer. :)

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#6 of 13 Old 05-22-2014, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
9dpo is the earliest I got a positive.
#7 of 13 Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Galatea - I love your picture. How beautiful!

In the past I got positives at 10 DPO, but I don't think I ever tested earlier. I'm going to try to hold out at least until Saturday which is 8DPO, but I am definitely very tired today!

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#8 of 13 Old 05-22-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollie2357 View Post

Galatea - I love your picture. How beautiful!

In the past I got positives at 10 DPO, but I don't think I ever tested earlier. I'm going to try to hold out at least until Saturday which is 8DPO, but I am definitely very tired today!

Thank you!

I was tired before my +. Did I say that already? Anyway, FX for you!

#9 of 13 Old 05-23-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I tested again today at 7 DPO. Still negative. I need to just go buy a bunch of cheapies so I can just go ahead and get it out of my system every day. 

I saw the doctor yesterday, he said we could do a serum test at P+12. I said, aw that's cute. 

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

#10 of 13 Old 05-23-2014, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Early tester. Its so bad that I busted into the bathroom on DH the other day and said,"Quick! Where are the tests? I need to pee on something". Now .he knows how wacky , I mean impatient I am. It was 5 dpo? What was I thinking5. I thought I was being good and wasted my last frer today 8dpo. I kid you not I stared at it. Took pictures and tried tweaking them with different effects..thats bad. Do I fit here or is that a whole new level of crazy? I just want to know sooo bad and I temp and its rising with a dip at 5dpo~fx. Ive read that some people do get a + at 8dpo so I did it. I think I might ask hubby to stop at $teee and get some cheapies. I keep feeling crampy in my abdomen. IMPLANTATION? yep. Need more tests, stat.lol. fx for all.
#11 of 13 Old 05-23-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollie2357 View Post

Well, I tested again today at 7 DPO. Still negative. I need to just go buy a bunch of cheapies so I can just go ahead and get it out of my system every day. 

I saw the doctor yesterday, he said we could do a serum test at P+12. I said, aw that's cute. 

Dollar Tree is the way to go. Always gave me early +.

#12 of 13 Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wondfo on amazon are excellent cheepies. Always give me early BFP.
#13 of 13 Old 05-30-2014, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
Early tester. Its so bad that I busted into the bathroom on DH the other day and said,"Quick! Where are the tests? I need to pee on something". Now .he knows how wacky , I mean impatient I am. It was 5 dpo? What was I thinking5. I thought I was being good and wasted my last frer today 8dpo. I kid you not I stared at it. Took pictures and tried tweaking them with different effects..thats bad. Do I fit here or is that a whole new level of crazy? I just want to know sooo bad and I temp and its rising with a dip at 5dpo~fx. Ive read that some people do get a + at 8dpo so I did it. I think I might ask hubby to stop at $teee and get some cheapies. I keep feeling crampy in my abdomen. IMPLANTATION? yep. Need more tests, stat.lol. fx for all.
Ha, ayme! I'm nuts right along with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenwonderlan View Post
Wondfo on amazon are excellent cheepies. Always give me early BFP.
I may have to do that next time.

AF started today at 14 DPO. 12 wasted tests. I'm feeling pretty down about it now. It took a lot of nerve to try this month and I'm not sure if I will again next month. Will definitely try not to test quite so early next time. I think I learned my lesson... Or maybe I'll buy the 100 pack of wondfo and just POAS every day forever?

Mama to two little ones,

& one in heaven

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page