Mothering Forum banner

Using DS. Should I get 2 or 3 vials?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  franluvsbubba 
#1 ·
Ok ladies, my sperm bank is having a 20% off on 2 or more vials. I've changed things up a bit and decided to really be proactive. I'm taking Vitex, Vit B, and baby aspirin. Then 2 days before I think I'm going to ovulate I'm going to take Evening Primrose to dilate my cervix a little and I'm going to take Mucinex to thin out my CM. I do at home insemination. All that being said, do you think I should order 3 or 2 vials? I figure I may as well take advantage of the sale and go for broke.

#2 ·
Will they store the vials for you for free for any amount of time? My bank gave like 90 days of free storage with purchase. 20% is a pretty good deal. You might also want to check ou their buy-back policy. Will they buy bak vials you don't use or let you sell them to their other clients who want to use the same vial?

#4 ·
@pokeyACI was planning on using all 3 in one cycle since I do the home insemination and FF gives me the days that I'm fertile. If I bought all 3 I'd use one whn I got the +OPK, another the nxt day and so on.
@girlspn Yes I did use preseed the last time. I heard the EPO makes ur own CM tht EW consistency as well. And yes, I would use all 3, or do u think 2 would be enough?

#5 ·
I would suppose it's a budget issue, especially if your first 2 tries are timed well. I'm not sure though. My doctor insisted there was no benefits to using two vials in one cycle, even though if I had to do another cycle, I would have kept another vial as a backup in case for some reason I didn't ovulate on the day I expected. Do you always ovulate after + opk?

#6 ·
Usually within a day or two. This cycle my temps were sooooo funky. They were REALLY low, and I was concerned. But after I got my +OPK, 2 days later they rose, telling me that I had ovulated. They're still not as high as they were last month but I'm guessing temps vary from cycle to cycle. Interesting that your doc said that. But it kinda makes sense. I think I'm just going to go with 2. It's funny cause each cycle I look back and think I did certain things incorrectly based on new info I've come across. For ex, I used that huge applicator that comes with the pre seed instead of a little medicine syringe for the sperm, I think I did the insemination too late for one cycle, etc. it's all a learning process, but a pricey one. Lol ?. That's one reason why I took this cycle off. I'm almost positive I have all my ducks lined in a row now. Thanks for your help @girlspn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.