TTC after IUD and MC - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-01-2014, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
TTC after IUD and MC

Hey all!

So, I am 15 1/2 weeks pregnant right now, but the babe stopped growing at 7 weeks- so I am waiting for a MC or a D&C once I get home in 3 weeks from a vacation. :-(

I had a merina IUD for 6 years then a copper for 2 years. I got the copper one out, got pregnant 5 days after removal.

I figured this baby was a long shop- epileptic being my first worry then a MC being my second.

I am hoping this prolonged MC is giving my uterus time to heal, but I am pretty worried as I have been reading a lot of multiple MCs after IUD removal.

I had 2 uneventful pregnancies that happened without trying prior to the IUDs. I have no history of MCs. I know 1 in 4 pregnancies end in this way- but I KNOW it is due to the IUDs I have had.

Anyone having issues getting pregnant or keeping babies once an IUD has been removed?

Or any successes? Those stories maybe helpful too! Would love to know how long you had it in.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#2 of 5 Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I just got my paraguard out 2 weeks ago in order to get pregnant - it didn't take this cycle, but we weren't trying too hard so I wasn't too surprised. I haven't heard anything either way (it being harder or not) re: getting pregnant after an IUD, but would love to hear some more experiences.

mom to Atticus, born 08/27/12
#3 of 5 Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a merina for about 3 years. I had it removed so we could have another baby. I planned to wait 3 cycles but got pregnant after just 1. I lost the baby at about 11 weeks. I found out by ultrasound. I had a natural miscarriage about 1.5 weeks later. We conceived again about 3 months later, had a normal pregnany and a healthy baby girl. I believe we conceived too early after removing IUD the first time.
#4 of 5 Old 06-17-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

Reading this makes me very nervous. I just did some google searching and found message boards full of women who had multiple miscarriages after having an IUD removed. I had two healthy pregnancies, then a Mirena for 5 years, then a second Mirena for 6 months. My second one was removed in November and I got pregnant on the first try in late April. I just went for an US at 9.5 weeks only to find there was no heartbeat and the baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I would have thought that 5 months was a long enough wait, but now Im reading about many women who had this same issue. I plan to try again after 1 full cycle, but now Im very nervous.
#5 of 5 Old 06-20-2014, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I had a loss after Mirena removal as well. I had another Mirena placed after the loss, and had it removed a few months later. We conceived a few months after that, and this pregnancy is doing well. I'm 34 weeks along now. I don't know if the loss was related to the Mirena. I had a MC years ago, but I hadn't been using an IUD at that time. I personally don't feel in my case that the loss was related to the Mirena; it was a blighted ovum, which generally means a fertilization error during conception.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page