Mothering Forum banner

~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014

31K views 460 replies 36 participants last post by  tinytina 
#1 · (Edited)
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
June 2014

Posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

:W Waiting to O :W
HappyMama2013
Veritas Vitae
jennsies
alittlemischief
rosie2727
Wilhelmina
siuann
Anna1979
discalceata
ayme371
perkier
chilee

:scratch Waiting to Know (2WW) :scratch
discalceata
scjp1109
OneWithTwo
jsustanley
AntoninBeGonin
Firefly77
zen12345
Yaliina
deserae
alicenwonderland
HappyMama2013
SeattleRain
ayme371
saharaviolet
Waiting4SJ

:confused WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
staceeyore01
lilybean t
waywornwanderer :confused

:idea Waiting to be Ready
tinytina --Waiting to Start IUI
dancingmama0721
devilish
ericka29
mamadance84
Aloria
mamalovehm
franluvsbubba
radiowave
Melinda1980 :idea

Waiting to Hear From
greenegirl
JerFenstmaker
KatelynRose
MakeItSew
hilsd
tifga
deliciousbydre
Truffula11
ttcbby01
jojobean

2013/2014 GRADUATES~

:joy Big congrats to you all! :joy

:heartbeat June BFP's :heartbeat
jenjy
Charmedseed
alivewithyou
bren94
EdenAurora

:heartbeat April BFP's :heartbeat
t2009
dmariev
NSmomtobe
girlspn
apeydef
maof1
NaturallyMo
Kita4
angelasm1th
Li5i or LouisaG

:heartbeat March BFP's :heartbeat
Harmony96
marilyn612
badwolf092087
Truffula11

:heartbeat February BFP's :heartbeat
Oregonmoon
edubluv
WifeofAnt
katealici
Alivewithyou
jchole

:heartbeat January BFP's :heartbeat
mygreenestgrass
CrystalMarie
magrat
Diamhim
linnylou422
cagirlintexas

:heartbeat December BFP's :heartbeat
innacircle
Motivated Mama 2twins.gif
delightedbutterfly
kateaton
crunchymonkey

Below is a link to "The One Grad Club Thread" for all the Mamas who received their BFP! :grouphug

http://www.mothering.com/community/...oup-discussion-continues-after-the-one-thread

See less See more
#318 ·
balls are good...

@ rosie....first, thank you so much for all your input on the clear blue easy. I was about to drop over $200 on one, it was a good deal, came with 2 month supply of pee strips, but was also thinking of checking on a lightly used one on Craigs list, but even if it was a good deal over $200 for something I probably don't need is not a good deal. I really appreciate all the time you took to explain pros and cons. I'd probably go nuts and get completely obsessed with it. I think the money would be much better spent on possibly seeing a TCM or a naturopath (I don't think insurance covers). My issue is most likely with egg quality or a hormone imbalance. I'd actually prefer it to be the timing issue but have to admit to myself the whole age BS. I'm sorry, it just passes me off. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be dealing with the age issue. I swear just yesterday I was 36...at least it feels the way. Hopefully there is some merit to egg quality and the age of your body's health vs the actual numbers. I just do not feel that my body is 41...geeze, it's even weird to look at that number. Sorry , I'm rambling. I totally get how you feel about the post BFP before even an intro...it does feel like a kick in the gut. Hopefully, it was not intended as such but one should take a moment and read and then decide if this is the best place to share right off the bat. So I respect that you had the balls to say something. Hopefully it will help and it won't happen again, here or elsewhere. I'd personally like to know if I've stuck my foot in my mouth so I can apologize and understand where people are coming from. I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome and often it's not intended but it has made me stop and think before I say or do the first thing that comes to mind. Anyway, how are you doing in your TWW from hell, at least that's how I feel about mine..the days seem to drag, when I just want to know. So I hope you've been trying not to obsess, but on the other hand ...noticed any symptoms yet...lol? I think the simplify approach sounds like a good one ...easier said then done(for me) , but most like the best approach. I do have a good feeling about this month...so many successful stories...hopefully we will all join the sticky parade.

@ alivewithyou...awesome numbers and thanks for the CBE input, gotta find the time to try and link my chart. Hope your feeling well.
@HappyMama2013...thanks for giving me your input also, sorry this month was a bust. Seeing that stark white sucks! Hopefully it happens very soon for you. And welcome...BTW unless I missed something(highly possible), I haven't noticed your posts before...Hope your stay is short and sweet.
@bren94. ..how are you feeling? Is it sinking in yet? Hope all is well!
@jenyj. .. praying the low progesterone numbers don't mean anything and you have a happy and strong bean growing like crazy. Try to stay positive, I just have a feeling that this is IT for you!
@discaleata. ..Hi there...any decisions on how you'll move forward. ..stupid spotting.
@perkier. .Hope the red lady hasn't come to visit.
@tinytina. ..I feel like singing ...it's the final countdown...! I'm also really curious about how all the choosing of the donor works. Please share with us...it's got to be exciting. .I'm excited anyway..I'm sure you are too.
@radiowave...welcome..I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking to think about. The low motility was a kick in the teeth I'm sure... try not to get too discouraged about that though. There are tons of supplements that many mama's have had great success with on here. I'm sure that won't hold you back. I hope your stay is short and sweet. Btw...I'm originally from Baltimore area...a bit north, on the pa line...now I've crossed over. DH is as well, we like to go back now and then to visit. Are you actually in Baltimore or outside?

Sorry if I missed anyone. .on my phone as usual and hard to scroll back...Hi and hope all is well.

@sewiland...wow, your stay will be short and sweet. I'm sorry that you took a leap into the wrong pool with your happy news. Don't get me wrong...success is awesome...I just hope you can understand the perspective that rosie pointed out. It's hard...kinda like being the new kid in the neighborhood with a brand new bike, walking into a group of kids who have been saving up for months, to buy that exact same bike...have had it stolen a few times and are saving up all over again for that awesome bike that is just out of their reach, and you come in ringing the bell(dont ask me where the bell came from, guess i always wanted a bike with a bell) and riding circles around them...do ya know what I mean. If you'd been saving up with us and got a bike first we would be the first to scream hooray...but when you don't know the kid..it makes you want to....do things like throw rocks as the kid rides by... (ok, that's a bit harsh,... just trying to save my sinking analogy). I hope you can understand. Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

AFM...well I don't think I'll be dropping the $200+ on the CBE monitor. I'm going to try to keep my sanity and stop obsessing and pray! Not much else to do in the dreaded TWW...maybe ill go to the health food store and get the progesterone cream, probably won't help but may make me feel better...unless anyone knows if there's a black market for progesterone. ..lol. stay positive and keep smiling. ..water your plants and do the pregnancy dance. (I swear I did not intend to make that rhyme)*gotta draw the cheesy line somewhere*

#326 ·
@ rosie....first, thank you so much for all your input on the clear blue easy. I was about to drop over $200 on one, it was a good deal, came with 2 month supply of pee strips, but was also thinking of checking on a lightly used one on Craigs list, but even if it was a good deal over $200 for something I probably don't need is not a good deal. I really appreciate all the time you took to explain pros and cons. I'd probably go nuts and get completely obsessed with it. I think the money would be much better spent on possibly seeing a TCM or a naturopath (I don't think insurance covers). My issue is most likely with egg quality or a hormone imbalance. I'd actually prefer it to be the timing issue but have to admit to myself the whole age BS. I'm sorry, it just passes me off. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be dealing with the age issue. I swear just yesterday I was 36...at least it feels the way. Hopefully there is some merit to egg quality and the age of your body's health vs the actual numbers. I just do not feel that my body is 41...geeze, it's even weird to look at that number. Sorry , I'm rambling. I totally get how you feel about the post BFP before even an intro...it does feel like a kick in the gut. Hopefully, it was not intended as such but one should take a moment and read and then decide if this is the best place to share right off the bat. So I respect that you had the balls to say something. Hopefully it will help and it won't happen again, here or elsewhere. I'd personally like to know if I've stuck my foot in my mouth so I can apologize and understand where people are coming from. I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome and often it's not intended but it has made me stop and think before I say or do the first thing that comes to mind. Anyway, how are you doing in your TWW from hell, at least that's how I feel about mine..the days seem to drag, when I just want to know. So I hope you've been trying not to obsess, but on the other hand ...noticed any symptoms yet...lol? I think the simplify approach sounds like a good one ...easier said then done(for me) , but most like the best approach. I do have a good feeling about this month...so many successful stories...hopefully we will all join the sticky parade.

@ alivewithyou...awesome numbers and thanks for the CBE input, gotta find the time to try and link my chart. Hope your feeling well.
@HappyMama2013...thanks for giving me your input also, sorry this month was a bust. Seeing that stark white sucks! Hopefully it happens very soon for you. And welcome...BTW unless I missed something(highly possible), I haven't noticed your posts before...Hope your stay is short and sweet.
@bren94. ..how are you feeling? Is it sinking in yet? Hope all is well!
@jenyj. .. praying the low progesterone numbers don't mean anything and you have a happy and strong bean growing like crazy. Try to stay positive, I just have a feeling that this is IT for you!
@discaleata. ..Hi there...any decisions on how you'll move forward. ..stupid spotting.
@perkier. .Hope the red lady hasn't come to visit.
@tinytina. ..I feel like singing ...it's the final countdown...! I'm also really curious about how all the choosing of the donor works. Please share with us...it's got to be exciting. .I'm excited anyway..I'm sure you are too.
@radiowave...welcome..I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking to think about. The low motility was a kick in the teeth I'm sure... try not to get too discouraged about that though. There are tons of supplements that many mama's have had great success with on here. I'm sure that won't hold you back. I hope your stay is short and sweet. Btw...I'm originally from Baltimore area...a bit north, on the pa line...now I've crossed over. DH is as well, we like to go back now and then to visit. Are you actually in Baltimore or outside?

Sorry if I missed anyone. .on my phone as usual and hard to scroll back...Hi and hope all is well.

@sewiland...wow, your stay will be short and sweet. I'm sorry that you took a leap into the wrong pool with your happy news. Don't get me wrong...success is awesome...I just hope you can understand the perspective that rosie pointed out. It's hard...kinda like being the new kid in the neighborhood with a brand new bike, walking into a group of kids who have been saving up for months, to buy that exact same bike...have had it stolen a few times and are saving up all over again for that awesome bike that is just out of their reach, and you come in ringing the bell(dont ask me where the bell came from, guess i always wanted a bike with a bell) and riding circles around them...do ya know what I mean. If you'd been saving up with us and got a bike first we would be the first to scream hooray...but when you don't know the kid..it makes you want to....do things like throw rocks as the kid rides by... (ok, that's a bit harsh,... just trying to save my sinking analogy). I hope you can understand. Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

AFM...well I don't think I'll be dropping the $200+ on the CBE monitor. I'm going to try to keep my sanity and stop obsessing and pray! Not much else to do in the dreaded TWW...maybe ill go to the health food store and get the progesterone cream, probably won't help but may make me feel better...unless anyone knows if there's a black market for progesterone. ..lol. stay positive and keep smiling. ..water your plants and do the pregnancy dance. (I swear I did not intend to make that rhyme)*gotta draw the cheesy line somewhere*
Hi,
We are in Baltimore City, (near Belvedere Square). Thank you all for your welcoming messages. This is such a stressful time. I want to be pregnant so badly, but I had such a traumatic experience losing Nico that the idea is also scary.

#319 ·
CBE fertility monitor

@SeattleRain. ..are you just trying to rub It in with that chart link, just kidding. I'm no chart expert but yours looks good, the lo is short but many have success with that length. I do know there are supplements that help to lengthen it...As soon as I can ill post what I remember. You've got me curious about TCOYF...I might have to pick up a copy myself...FX for you...!!

#321 ·
@SeattleRain. ..are you just trying to rub It in with that chart link, just kidding. I'm no chart expert but yours looks good, the lo is short but many have success with that length. I do know there are supplements that help to lengthen it...As soon as I can ill post what I remember. You've got me curious about TCOYF...I might have to pick up a copy myself...FX for you...!!
Sorry, not trying to "rub it in"? I actually legit wanted some help. I'm sorry, you probably don't know this about me but I'm very, very sensitive to people throwing me bad vibes. It actually took me a long time to join this forum just because I'm superstitious.

#323 ·
Good morning ladies! I've *finally* got internet in my new home, and I'm back on the ttc bus after a cycle of ntnp. My first af after my early mc came with reassuring predictability- and I think I O'd a couple of days ago (which sounds like there may be some cycle buddies for me here, interestingly the month of my small faint positive was the trifecta month). I've scrolled back a page or three, want to just shout a hi to all, and hope that I'm still welcome even though I'm a long-term subscriber who only posts a handful of times each month. As reassuring as it is to check in and see all these familiar faces, I wish you'd all be in the grad club already! Really want to offer up lots of personals on my return but this new format isn't great on my blackberry....

#324 ·
Hello everyone,

Still working away on my paper- almost done though.
Looking forward to a more relaxing weekend. It is suppose to be nice all weekend- sunny and warm.

Hi @Anna1979

Hi @discalceata

Hi @rosie2727- I am starting to get excited about finishing my paper and this course. Only 2 courses left which seems mind boggling to me but exciting all at the same time. I know July 7th will come quickly- everything just feels so far away. We have started talking a tiny bit about donors- we definitely want someone who resembles my husband. I don't know how patient I have been. Trust me, I whine to him alot. Thank you for being honest with your posts.

Hi @jenjy. Thanks for the good wishes about my paper. I will be off until July 2nd (taking 1 summer course too)
I hope you don't worry too much dear

Hi @ayme371- I need to get some ovulation kits/strip too for July. I hope choosing donors goes smoothly too- I worry about my husband as well. I am trying to stay positive about taking steps forward. Sounds like you have taken lots of positive steps forward dear. Thanks for being so excited for me and my husband. I am actually starting to get excited. Your bike analogy was great dear.

Hi and welcome @radiowave- sorry to hear about the loss of your son. We are doing an IUI with donor sperm because my husband has none. Our clinic does 6 cycles with no medications/hormones. I don't know if this is the case with everyone or just because I am young (almost 29 years old).

Hi @seweiland, sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. Wish you would of posted back then so we could of helped/supported you

Hi @HappyMama2013, sorry to hear about your BFN and spotting dear. Let yourself feel dear (write it all down).

I will definitely answer any questions I can about the donor process. I will let you know how we make out choosing a donor.

Hi and thanks @alivewithyou

Hi @SeattleRain

Hi @LouisaG

Hi @alittlemischief, glad you got your internet back!

**I just want to say that we don't want to scare anyone away on here. But please be respectful of the struggles that some people are going through and that difficulties with fertility can be a long and difficult process. We would love to hear positive stories- we want people to come out of lurking and talk to us. This is a great place to talk and share our feelings. Let's move forward everyone. I know we won't always be positive but I hope this can be a positive place to talk.

#327 ·
@rosie2727 you said it perfectly. I'm still here checking in on you and others, and seeing that post she made also upset me. I completely get where you're coming from, and it was literally a kick to the gut. I'm still around if you feel like PMing.

#328 ·
Hi ladies. Sorry I went off the map again for a couple days. Didn't mean to get a BFP and run. I'm only 4 weeks and a day. Still so early and so uncertain. I really need to reach out to someone right now and not sure who else but all of you. When I saw my tests, I was overwhelmed with joy. I stupidly told some friends out of excitement and most were really happy for me. I told my mom yesterday and she kind of freaked out (because I'm not done with school). All of the sudden I was being bombarded with texts from my mom saying how disappointed in me she is and that I ruined my life...I was shocked. I feel like I'm on 16 and pregnant!! I am an adult and here I am being treated like a teen mom. She called DH (who was excited) and started spouting off statistics and she actually told him I'd end up leaving him and it would ruin our marriage. Now DH is freaked and is suddenly saying we aren't prepared financially...well gee that would have been good to know before you DTD with me knowing I was ovulating! I feel so hurt and betrayed. My mom is encouraging me to have an abortion and DH is pulling the "I want whatever you want but..." card. I'm terrified. I feel all alone. This should not be happening to me in my twenties!! I am so so sorry to come on here and rant all about me but please understand I am in a state of utter panic and disparity.

Rosie, please don't apologize for feeling how you do. I'm sure that's how we all feel. It's really unkind to come in here, not knowing any of us or our struggles just to announce a BFP. That's what DDC's are for.

#353 ·
Thank you

Hi ladies. Sorry I went off the map again for a couple days. Didn't mean to get a BFP and run. I'm only 4 weeks and a day. Still so early and so uncertain. I really need to reach out to someone right now and not sure who else but all of you. When I saw my tests, I was overwhelmed with joy. I stupidly told some friends out of excitement and most were really happy for me. I told my mom yesterday and she kind of freaked out (because I'm not done with school). All of the sudden I was being bombarded with texts from my mom saying how disappointed in me she is and that I ruined my life...I was shocked. I feel like I'm on 16 and pregnant!! I am an adult and here I am being treated like a teen mom. She called DH (who was excited) and started spouting off statistics and she actually told him I'd end up leaving him and it would ruin our marriage. Now DH is freaked and is suddenly saying we aren't prepared financially...well gee that would have been good to know before you DTD with me knowing I was ovulating! I feel so hurt and betrayed. My mom is encouraging me to have an abortion and DH is pulling the "I want whatever you want but..." card. I'm terrified. I feel all alone. This should not be happening to me in my twenties!! I am so so sorry to come on here and rant all about me but please understand I am in a state of utter panic and disparity.

For making me feel welcome even though I am over 40. I did check in over there and learned a bunch. I've just found that this spot is more active and right now I need as much support as possible. I know I don't say it much...I like coming to a place where I can be excited, obsessed, worried, supportive and supported......at home things are not as positive and supportive as they are here and I'm so grateful to have a place where I can be open with my feelings and surrounded by friends who are in similar yet unique situations. I really hope that the recent stress will not tarnish the solidarity and supportive friendships we have nurtured. We are all emotional and understanding of one anothers' feelings. I hope nobody feels the need to leave because of something that is relatively small in comparison to the strong and caring friendships that already exist. I would hate for that to tear apart what have. Sometimes people disagree with others. Life would be so boring if we all were exactly the same.
So let's put it in the past and move forward together. Im not one to hold a grudge and honestly sometimes i think life should have a rewind button and if she chooses to try again, in a different way, we would be welcoming and supportive, like we would be to anyone else. But right now we need each other. This is no time to fall apart.

@bren94...I am so.sorry about the way your mother has reacted to the wonderful news. A growing life is a blessing whenever it happens. So the situation may not be perfect in her eyes, she has a right to feel that way. Honestly I would say something similar to your mom...but at the same time ask her to respectfully keep those feelings to herself. You and your husband are a unit and nobody should place their own feelings between the bond of husband and wife. Marriage is a sacred bond and honestly I think your mom stepped WAY out of bounds. I dont mean to be disrespectful to your mom. I feel VERY strongly that this is between you and DH. And her reaction really was out of line. I'm sorry it has caused your DH to worry more. I would try to talk to him and be strong in this time together. Celebrate the new life you created and be happy and excited. Don't let anyone stand in the way of your happiness. Sorry if I am just rambling now...I just feel so bad that this happened to you. Try your best to put her opinions out of your minds. I've been in a similar situation and when I became prego with DS my now ex and I were in a rocky spot even then and family was less than supportive and excited for us. It was hard...especially after having watched other family members, in much worse circumstances become pregnant and the family acted like it was the best thing since sliced pie. It hurt a lot...still stings 10 yrs later. It's even one reason I long for a pregnancy that will be celebrated and have a partner who is excited and joyous watching our child grow. For my belly to be rubbed and those first kicks felt together. I want the fairy tale. Sorry, didn't mean to get off track with my own experience, maybe that is why I feel so strongly about your situation. I know how it feels to have your happiness stomped on and I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I don't know how your relationship is with your mom is but if you feel comfortable. .I would kindly and calmly ask her to keep her opinions to herself and ask her to share in your happiness. If she is unable to do that...ask her to let you know when she is ready to be positive about you and your DH's decision to start a family...but until then you do not want any negativity surrounding you. She should get the message. (Back off with your negative opinions and horrid advice, if she can't do that...keep your distance). I hope my strong opinions about this don't put you off...I just hate to see another person step between the bond of husband and wife. Celebrate and please stick around, we are all in different places but that does not mean that we can't support one another.

Rosie, please don't apologize for feeling how you do. I'm sure that's how we all feel. It's really unkind to come in here, not knowing any of us or our struggles just to announce a BFP. That's what DDC's are for.
I agree completely

Keeping an eye out for updates jenjy!

#329 ·
I think the more important thing to focus on is intent . Did she really intend to offend everyone? No. And last time we got mad at someone for posting something like this they ended up miscarrying anyway. The fact is that I've been gutted plenty of times on this board but it's because of my own personal feelings related to ttc and the disappointment and frustration that had come along with it. I guess I just try not to judge a book by its cover especially when they have had a previous loss. Maybe she was trying to provide hope for those that have had miscarriages. Maybe next time we ask for clarification. Just my thoughts and I know they are not popular ones so I apologize in advance.

#346 ·
Everything is going to be ok! :hugs

I am on my way out to my ultrasound. I started back up with a hint of spotting this morning and my nausea is pretty much gone today. So they booked it asap even though I had originally wanted to wait until next week. I will try to figure out what I can from the screen but I know I will have to wait until later today for the doctor to call me with results.

Sorry about an all-about-me post. I want to reach out to everyone but I have to book it this morning and I will be back to post later.

Hugs everyone.
Hi jenjy... I'm seriously praying for you (I hope your not offended, I'm not sure what your beliefs are). But prayer and just talking to Him have brought me much relief and a sense of peace in times like these. Hand your worries over to Him, if that isn't your belief...hand your fears over to who ever you do believe in, please don't be scared or discouraged, I'm sure that is next to impossible right now, but I have faith that everything WILL BE WONDERFULL FOR YOU! I "see" you and your family celebrating the new life that you are meant to bring into this world. I know that the signs point in a negative direction, but please keep your thoughts/faith heading in a positive direction....that this baby is growing healthy and strong. Please keep us posted as much as you can.

I'm sure most of us would like to be by your side right now to reassure and give you strength! You are in my thoughts and prayers! :grouphug

#331 ·
Yah, I don't get your point seeing as how you were first in line to thank me for calling out the last person...but I'm sure it's easier for you to take it now. Funny how people change their attitudes to accommodate their particular situation.....

But the rest of us that are still TTC, are not pregnant - and it's a slap in the face. Did she intend on slapping us in the face? No. But is it still a shitty move? Absolutely.

Reactions: ayme371
#334 ·
I figured that would be your reaction. I guess I tried to grow after how the last one went.

Anyway I think I'll avoid the bad karma and stress this thread is now about since it's stressful enough being barely pregnant after a miscarriage. If I happen to lose this one I'll fend for myself.

#333 ·
I'm sorry if my post was inappropriate. I know this is the TTC forum not therapy for young adults with dysfunctional families. I'm sorry guys. I'm in a total fog. I'll try to be more active in coming through and supporting you all in your journeys. Forgive me.

#336 ·
@SeattleRain Thank you. I'm going to keep working on it. I appreciate your input so much.

@alivewithyou PLEASE don't leave. That'd be totally crazy. You are loved and supported here. & our babies have due dates close to each other! You are virtually in the same stage of gestation as me so I need you, girl! I know things are difficult and emotional (for all of us) right now but please hold on. Let's just think positive! & others need your support here too. You've had a difficult journey and your experience helps others.

#337 ·
Gosh ladies, it's sad to come onto this "support community" and see negativity spreading from what seems like an honest mistake. TTC is such a personal and sensitive journey and we all owe it to ourselves and others to be gentle. It seems that many of you were hurt by the "drop in BFP" announcement, and you are entitled to your feelings, as we all are. From my perspective the reactions seem harsh towards a woman who has had struggles and loss and is trying to navigate her own emotions during an uncertain time (the beginning of a pregnancy after a loss). Maybe this wasn't the best place to post her announcement, but there are kinder ways to let her know, and she very openly apologized immediately and asked for clarification so not to hurt anyone else, so to continue to fuel the fight against her seems to go against the supportive nature of this thread that so many have worked hard to establish. We can't all post daily or keep up as regularly as some members, but everyone has feelings and we are all imperfect humans.

Anyways, I am not trying to further the debate, or cause anymore backlashes. I hope my observations are a positive addition to the thread. It seems like some are now walking on egg-shells and that fear is taking away from the purpose of this group...to support and encourage. :smile:

#338 ·
I'm an old-timer (relatively) and have been lurking on and off in this thread since last summer when we were supposed to start TTC. We're delaying until August this year for a few reasons and now that I'm almost back in the game I was considering posting soon and joining the community here.

It is my understanding that, historically, the ONE thread was the easy breezy TTC thread for those that were in their TWW and wanted company symptom spotting, or wanted more info on certain things like charting, or timing, or what have you and often stays were short, sometimes just a few posts worth. There were other threads for people that were TTC 6+ months or 1+ year, or are having fertility troubles, so that there isn't this kind of friction.

If I am incorrect, please let me know and I will post elsewhere when we decide to get down to business. :smile:

#342 ·
I'm an old-timer (relatively) and have been lurking on and off in this thread since last summer when we were supposed to start TTC. We're delaying until August this year for a few reasons and now that I'm almost back in the game I was considering posting soon and joining the community here.

It is my understanding that, historically, the ONE thread was the easy breezy TTC thread for those that were in their TWW and wanted company symptom spotting, or wanted more info on certain things like charting, or timing, or what have you and often stays were short, sometimes just a few posts worth. There were other threads for people that were TTC 6+ months or 1+ year, or are having fertility troubles, so that there isn't this kind of friction.

If I am incorrect, please let me know and I will post elsewhere when we decide to get down to business. :smile:
You are correct...i forgot about the longer ttc forums, but there are not as many people on mdc anymore. it is very slow so the ONE thread has become almost literally the one thread

Jengy my girl, i am waiting here for you

#339 ·
I am on my way out to my ultrasound. I started back up with a hint of spotting this morning and my nausea is pretty much gone today. So they booked it asap even though I had originally wanted to wait until next week. I will try to figure out what I can from the screen but I know I will have to wait until later today for the doctor to call me with results.

Sorry about an all-about-me post. I want to reach out to everyone but I have to book it this morning and I will be back to post later.

Hugs everyone.

#340 · (Edited)
@suzywan Well, I haven't seen any TTC threads that are that specific but I'm fairly new so perhaps I'm wrong! I like that there are people with diverse pasts here. But I get it. I felt an underlying sense of guilt when posting my BFP news after 2 months (a little more than that before a break) of TTC. I felt like why would some women want to know I conceived with ease when they've been struggling for months or even years. But then I remembered these women are my FRIENDS. Truly they are. I know they feel happy for me even though it stings a little too. I know that they understand that everyone has struggles even when they don't have trouble conceiving. I like that we all join together. It's tough but rewarding. Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I know there is a Over 40 TTC forum and I know @ayme371 could leave us for them but I'm SO grateful that she hasn't! She is such a great friend and support system.

@jenjy Good luck girl! Fx all is well. We're rooting for you!

#341 ·
I'm an April/early may graduate of the TTC thread, I come back and peek to see how everyone's doing every now and then.
@bren94 and @alivewithyou (I still seem to have trouble tagging people ever since the switch to the new format...) - if and when you're ready, there is a thread for anyone who's graduated from the TTC forum. I know there's this in-between stage when you're *barely* pregnant and so anxious. I debated for a while whether or not to join the Grad thread this time around because I had a chemical/super early miscarriage and now at 11 1/2 weeks I still jump at every twinge and pull, but I've found that because everyone in the grad thread is a graduate of the TTC forum, everyone understands, usually more so than in the due date club, what worries and anxieties come with finally getting that BFP.
http://www.mothering.com/forum/19-i...ntinues-after-one-thread-53.html#post17713425

#343 ·
@rosie2727 - I understand where you're coming from. This can be a very stressful and heartbreaking journey.
@SeattleRain - I had issues with a short LP (10 days) when we first started this journey. I started taking EPO to help with that up until I O. My naturopath also put me on vitex to help with my LP. We were able to get it to 12 days (sometimes 13).
@tinytina - good luck with your paper. I'd love to hear more about the donor process just in case DH and I have to go down that route.
@bren94 - Stupid people :angry I'm pissed off on your behalf. My sister got pregnant when she was 17 and a lot of people thought she should give the baby up for adoption. She and the father decided to keep that baby and with support from my family and his they both finished high school. She's going to be finishing up a business degree this year. They both have good jobs. 1.5 years ago they had a second baby and will be getting married in October. That was only 5 years ago. Tell your mom that story next time she starts in on you.

AFM - well my temps dipped a little this morning but still above the cover line and i think they were high yesterday because I woke up super warm from being under my blanket and DH's. I'm feeling a little off this morning but I'm trying not to get my hopes up since AF is due any minute now. I think if she doesn't show by Sunday I will test and see what happens.

#344 ·
@Bren sounds like you could do with a hug and some support from your mum and partner. I'm sure they will fall absolutely head-over-heels in love with the new life you are growing, it just might take them time to wrap their heads around it (which is pants for you in the meantime). Did your mum know you were ttc?
@jenjy I'm literally on edge waiting for your ultrasound results. There will be some happy tears when you log back in with good news- its hard not to feel so absolutely full of hope for you. And please know that if the news isn't good, we are all here to share some of that pain. I've been very moved by your story.

Reactions: bren94
#347 ·
I do understand where you guys are coming from. Honestly, after I lost my last pregnancy. I was pretty upset. I deleted all of the pregnancy apps off my phone and tried to move on and forget what happened. That included no longer logging in to mothering while I had to wait. I've never been successful (up to this point) in having a baby. In my mind, though I have recd a bfp, I am no where near in the safe zone. Last time I was pregnant, I had constant cramping up until 6 weeks when I began to actively miscarry. That is already present now. I have read that cramping is normal, and maybe it is. I have never had an actual baby, so I have nothing to go off of here. Until I actually make it past the first trimester--I still feel like I'm trying to conceive, trying to be successful and have my first baby. And especially when my cycle has been nothing short of abnormal. I assumed coming to a forum where others have also had issues with abnormality would be ok.

However, I do see your point that because I wasn't posting previously, I seem incredibly insensitive. I'll go ahead and delete my other post, in hopes that maybe some regulars haven't read the post and will safe even just a few people the heart ache.

I have to say though, I came here for encouragement and support and I'm still incredibly anxious, afraid, inexperienced, never had the joy of a child myself that I am being cast out because I'm a new person. Maybe I'm just being emotional, but it really has hurt my feelings--assuming the worst of my character. And with that, I'll find another forum. I am truly very sorry if I've caused anyone pain--I promise it wasn't my intentions, but I'll own my actions and try to learn from it and do better next time. Thanks Rosie for explaining the issue. I wouldn't be able to learn without the explanation.

#348 ·
@jenjy- sending you good thoughts right now!! hope it goes ok. @Bren- congrats!!! I'm sorry your mom is acting that way! How disappointing. And your hubby. :( Hang in there. It's none of your mom's business and calling your husband to say you're going to leave him is completely uncalled for and inappropriate! I would be so pissed.

I'm on my way out to go camping for the weekend, just wanted to check in on everyone. I'm on cd5, so AF is on her way out just in time for camping, thank goodness! I hope you all have a good weekend.

#350 · (Edited)
@seweiland I hope you haven't been "scared" away. Understand there are many emotions running high on this forum. A few of the women here have suffered loss after loss and it is an incredibly painful journey for them. Congratulations on your BFP, I understand it's a challenge to feel comfortable so early on. I'm also struggling with that. As far as the cramps, I've had them pretty bad since my BFP. They come and go but feel just like menstrual cramps. I keep expecting to see a bloody mess every time I use the restroom because that's just what my body associates cramping with. I'm reassured that this early on it's normal and that if anything should happen so early, it's just natures painful way of letting me know something wasn't right, and to try again. Of course I don't suspect it is abnormal. There's a lot going on in there! We're bound to notice one way or another. I hope that if you feel comfortable staying you will. You are welcome. EDIT: I'd like to add that I spoke without thinking. I know you are not an unkind person and didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm personally sorry for my hand in things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.