Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#301 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
I feel like I'm dreaming…I don't even know if I should get excited because it's so surreal. This is my first ever BFP! The results showed up within 15 seconds so I thought no way this is real, this test must be a dud. I'm going to retest later just in case…but…until then, yay!
@ayme371 I like nosy! Shows you care! <3

can y'all see the pic?
Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

@rosie2727 ,
I got my progesterone. It was only 13. That is with the same level of supplementation that I had during my last m/c which had a progesterone level of 40. I was so stunned that the number was that low and it's very discouraging. Like a rug pulled out from under me. I know it's higher than the bottom of the acceptable range but it's simply & frankly not a good number, especially since that's with progesterone supplements. I'm upping my progesterone. I still have hope because I know things could still be ok and I feel pregnant.
I had low P when I had my last MC so now I take a P supplement my who cycle and a prescription P after I O. My naturopath told me that if I even suspect I'm pregnant to load up on the P and we'll monitor if I get a BFP.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#302 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
So many BFPs!! I'm so excited for all of you!

@jenjy Good luck. Fingers tightly crossed. I wouldn't breathe easily until I saw the ultrasound, either; with both my losses, it was the ultrasound that confirmed the bad news. I'd need one to confirm the good news before I could really relax into it.
#303 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post
thanks for not fecking jengy !
Dh announce that he wants another.
i hope we can!
Haha! I dot even know what you meant here? I mean I get that DH is on board, yay, but what about jenjy? Lol!
#304 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
..Kinda hard to miss it...lol!!!

WOW!!! THAT IS A BIG FAT POSITIVE....no doubt about it. No way would I call that a dud! I'm so happy for you! I bet your happy that you didn't drive yourself nuts testing everyday. How many DPO are you? Did you have any symptoms that had you wondering or did your trip keep you too busy for that? Did you tell DH? Super excited for you, keep us posted on how your feeling.

AFM...I'm going to try and link my chart again afrer DS is in bed and hopefully some charting experts, can give me their input. I'm currently 3 DPO(O'd on father's day and had pretty good coverage, come on golden egg!) and trying to keep myself too busy to think about it. Hopefully I'll be joining you on the grad thread soon!
I know how to do it from a computer, but I'm rarely on one! If you use FF, go to Chart analysis (or something having to do with charts. Tools maybe?) and search around in there. There's a page in there that gives you a link to your chart. Just copy and paste it to here and then we can see...
#305 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
@jenjy : I'm crossing my fingers for you.
Thanks, alive. And I saw the 15dpo draw in your sig - that's fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
@jenjy fx for you. I hope everything works out. Stay hopeful. Hugs.
Thanks, bren! And congrats again! I'm happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post
@jenjy I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you! Stick, little bean!

AFM: Finally a totally spotting free day today. CD9. Do you guys think I should call my gynecologist about the spotting and ask her?
Thanks you! Maybe ask about the spotting - it wouldn't hurt to ask, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
CD30 here, bfn again this morning but no sign of AF. I'm a regular 27 or 28 days usually. I'm having a wee bit of cramping though so expecting to start at any time. Maybe I o'ed late due to the stress/excitement? No idea.
I have definitely heard of that causing delayed O!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
We have our psychologist appt for July 7th, right before next cycle. Once I finish my paper/course on Friday, we will start looking at the websites for donors.
Thank you. Good luck with your paper! It's nice that you are close to being done this semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1979 View Post
I had low P when I had my last MC so now I take a P supplement my who cycle and a prescription P after I O. My naturopath told me that if I even suspect I'm pregnant to load up on the P and we'll monitor if I get a BFP.
Wow, even P during the first part of your cycle? Yeah, I am on prescription P right after I O as well. Bummer that the exact same protocol during my spring pg gave me such beautiful P numbers and this time my number sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
@jenjy Good luck. Fingers tightly crossed. I wouldn't breathe easily until I saw the ultrasound, either; with both my losses, it was the ultrasound that confirmed the bad news. I'd need one to confirm the good news before I could really relax into it.
Thank you! I'm sorry you've been through that. I almost am terrified of an ultrasound this time because I've only had ultrasounds give me bad news, since I never had an U/S with DD or DS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
Haha! I dot even know what you meant here? I mean I get that DH is on board, yay, but what about jenjy? Lol!
LOL!! It's referring to a post last month. How are you doing, rosie? You've started up your progesterone by now?

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#306 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:37 AM

@tinytina : I bet you'll be so happy to be done with the paper and course! Yay!! And July 7th will be here before you know it! So have you and DH discussed what type of donor to look for (I would probably already have one picked lol)? I mean, are you trying to find one that closely resembles DH? Or you? So exciting!! You have been so patient! I hope your first IUI results in a huge BFP!!

@jenjy Well, get is scheduled and let us know when...that is weird that with supplementation your prog is so low. What the hell? I for sure assumed it would be artificially high. How much are you using. Mine is 100 mg twice a day. It might actually be 200, I'll check later. Are you using pills or vag suppositories? I've heard the suppositories are more effective bc they get where they need to be immediately. Whereas the pills must go thru your system first....such a mess and PIA though!
#307 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Question CBE fertility monitor

Anybody ever use one? I read a bunch about them and many report success with them, especially people who got their O date wrong by charting or using ok and the monitor detected O differently, (I worry about this since I often have O signs that conflict) and once O was found correctly they got pg, and fast. I know I've gotta take reviews with a grain of salt, so just wondering if anyone has used one and what your experience has been with them. Thinking of purchasing one if this cycle is a bust. Don't want to throw money away if they suck, so any opinions appreciated. Thanks!

@jeny j. .BIG FX! Praying for super glue! Are you still taking the progesterone? How is DH doing through all this? Hoping he is being supportive.

@ tinytina. ..good luck on the paper. The idea of looking through donors sounds exciting (one step closer). I hope DH handles it well. I imagine it would be tough for him being reminded...so I hope it goes well.

@ana 1979...I hope your cycles get straightened out. Way to go on pushing for what you want/need, don't let them try to push you around.

@perkier . ..FX, it's not over till the red lady shows

@ wilhelmina. ..maybe ask the gyn about the spotting, but it may be something totally normal for your body, especially since it's always been there. I'm thinking of trying to pull funds together to see a TCM. I don't have much faith in my gyn, they just don't seem to want to listen and can't look outside the "Box". Maybe a 5hought....

@chili . ..awesome news about DH. FX

Sorry if I missed anyone on my phone ....Hope all is well!

AFM...Nothing new here, decided to wait on going to gyn to see a re. Don't know why, probably fear that I'll just hear all the negative BS related to my age. And so many stories of people getting discouraged because of it and I just don't want to go there. I don't feel as though my age is a huge factor. Sure my eggs are dusty and I want to find the best supplements to grow some super strong healthy ones (suggestions appreciated). But I don't want some closed minded gyn to rain on my parade...it's my parade and they can kiss my sunshine!

I am taking dong quai. .it is a vegetable(root) supplement...meant to promote normal estrogen and progesterone levels. Stopped taking the b6 because I read someplace on here that it is not good, can't remember why. Ordered maca, vitex, and royal jelly so hopefully if this cycle is a bust, I'll start growing some better eggs.

Would really love opinions, on the CLEAR BLUE EASY FERTILITY MONITOR. IS IT WORTH THE $$$$????
GOING TO TRY TO LINK MY CHART(thx alive and bren for.the help)AGAIN AND FIX THE BEAUTIFUL. ..LOL signature I finally got around to doing. I have no clue how I screwed that up...but apparently I have super powers when it comes to.screwing things up...

I hope everyone has a beautiful day!!! Full of sunshine and rain...sing it!!!!

Last edited by ayme371; 06-19-2014 at 10:07 AM.
#308 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Anybody ever use one? I read a bunch about them and many report success with them, especially people who got their O date wrong by charting or using ok and the monitor detected O differently, (I worry about this since I often have O signs that conflict) and once O was found correctly they got pg, and fast. I know I've gotta take reviews with a grain of salt, so just wondering if anyone has used one and what your experience has been with them. Thinking of purchasing one if this cycle is a bust. Don't want to throw money away if they suck, so any opinions appreciated. Thanks!

Would really love opinions, on the CLEAR BLUE EASY FERTILITY MONITOR. IS IT WORTH THE $$$$????
GOING TO TRY TO LINK MY CHART(thx alive and bren for.the help)AGAIN AND FIX THE BEAUTIFUL. ..LOL signature I finally got around to doing. I have no clue how I screwed that up...but apparently I have super powers when it comes to.screwing things up...

I hope everyone has a beautiful day!!! Full of sunshine and rain...sing it!!!!
I have mixed feelings. I have one and also have a love hate relationship with it. I do think it works - for some people. This has been my experience and I've used it 4 cycles:
1: all highs, which is totally normal first time. Still got pregnant, O'd on CD15 - chemical.
2: 4 lows, one peak on CD14, O on CD15 - BFN
3: all lows, O on CD14 - BFP - chemical
4: 5 lows, 2 peak, 1 high, O on 14. Got peaks on 14/15. - in TWW

I get pregnant even if it doesn't detect peak. I don't when it does. I hate that it doesn't detect peak every month since I clearly O based on chart. BUT I have a working theory that this is an indicator that SOMETHING is off with my hormones somewhere. Or maybe I just bought a bunk one (it was used). Oh well, I'm out like $40 for it and then $90 for all my test sticks. Idk why I bother. My charts show I always O on 14 or 15. I probably won't buy anymore test sticks after I run out. I still have enough for probably 2 cycles. I'm thinking of using up all supplies then winging it. It doesn't matter what I do or don't do. I O on 14 or 15 - I should just target day 12 or 13 and hope for the best. Maybe if I keep it simple in that regard I can quit being so heartbroken all the time!

Now, @innacircle used it and got great results. All highs at first I think, then it did what it was supposed to. Went low, to high to peak. Indicated O well, and she's like 7 months pregnant now! I think she used it 2 or 4 months. Don't recall exactly. She's in her early 40's.

ETA: It sounds like you've had recent success getting pregnant though. So I don't think you have anything to worry about in regards to that. So I'd tell you not to get one. Mine's making me crazy and the test sticks are so expensive!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#309 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Waiting for next cycle

Hi, My name is Aimee (38) and I live in Baltimore with my husband and my almost 6 year old daughter. About a year and a half ago I lost my son, Nico, at 19 weeks gestation, due to prom. It turned out I had Incompetent Cervix (IC) and so last summer I had a transabdominal cerclage (TAC) on my cervix so that I would be able to carry another baby. We have been trying for almost a year and I was just diagnosed with secondary infertility. We are not sure if it is because of the TAC (I am in the middle of tons of testing) but it seems likely as it is an uncommon but occasional side effect of the TAC, and I always have gotten pregnant fairly easily before I had the procedure. We are hoping to start IUI in my next cycle, in July. Waiting to hear back on blood tests and semen analysis. The HSG test looked fine. I hope to be able to do one round of IUI without hormones, but not sure if the doctor will support that.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#310 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@ayme371 I just finished my first cycle using the CBE monitor and I liked the confidence it gave me in timing....but obviously I would have liked it better if I got a BFP! I would say I had a pretty good experience with it...ovulating at 13cd like I suspected based on all the other signs, but I appreciated knowing "for sure". So that's my brief experience with it...hope that helps...

AFM...please move me back to waiting to O I'm 10dpo...today was pretty disappointing...Very obvious BFN this morning followed by spotting this afternoon. AF should be here tomorrow so this cycle was a bust. I will also post this on the nursing mamas TTC board...but curious if anyone knows why some women can't get pg when nursing at all (as in even when nursing a very small amount)? I got very lucky and conceived my DS on my second cycle trying (2 yrs ago)...and now we are down to 1-3 very short nursing sessions a day (and he STTN so I have a 12-15 hr gap most days).

My PPAF returned at 8 months PP, and now DS is 14 months. I have 24 day cycles, Normally O on day 13 (same as before pg which I confirmed by temps then, and ovulation monitor now). We were NTNP for 3 months then have been actively TTC 3 months and no luck yet...so I am thinking the nursing could be the difference. I may need to wean or just put TTC on hold til he weans himself completely...but before I decide I would like to have more info to do so with more confidence (instead of just based on a "hunch")...thanks for any insight you have....heading over to post in nursing mamas TTC now...

I know many of you ladies have been TTC for so much longer...I really do not intend to sound impatient or ungrateful for the ease I had when TTC my precious DS
...I really value your input and the knowledge so many of you have so that's what I'm hoping to find. TIA I'm feeling frustrated with my body and a little lost.....not to mention moody, sad, emotional....thanks AF

Anyways hope you all are having a good day today! It's almost Friday, that's something!
#311 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 03:00 PM

Wow! Some people....it never ceases to amaze me at how utterly rude people can be. Etiquette. It's something some women should consider before jumping on here to post. Just another slap in the face...
#312 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seweiland View Post
@rosie , if you are referring to my post, I am incredibly sorry. I definitely did not mean to be rude and I don't mind deleting if you think it is inappropriate. If so, would you mind private messaging me to let me know what I have done wrong, so I can be sure to not do it again? I suppose it's possible, you didn't mean my post, too.

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought this is where individuals could share their bfp success stories, along with any other issues they've experienced along the way. Please correct me if I shouldn't have done this...
whoa! what happened?

I learned today that dh has low sperm motility so will be learning about treatments for that with dr next week. I guess I should be added to the IUI group.

Thanks!
Aimee

Longing for our rainbow
#313 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
@tinytina : Good luck moving forward with your psychologist appointment. If you don't mind I would love to hear more about the donor process, I find it very interesting.
@ayme371 : I personally find my temps the most reliable. I don't do good with peak readings and all that.. but maybe it was because my hormones were unstable so i would have LH surges when I wasn't actually ovulating.
@discalceata : How is the clomid going? Are you done taking it for this cycle yet?

Hi @chili , happy to hear DH is on board.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son @radiowave , I hope you are able to find great support here in your journey to TTC.

@sewiland, congrats. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. When is your due date?
@HappyMama2013 , are you sure your light spotting isn't implantation spotting? How long is your luteal phase typically?

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#314 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
Wow! Some people....it never ceases to amaze me at how utterly rude people can be. Etiquette. It's something some women should consider before jumping on here to post. Just another slap in the face...
Hi @rosie2727 , sorry you're upset about a recent post. please help us understand your feelings on it. I haven't seen any rude comments on the thread myself, and I'm surprised to see this right after I posted my question about nursing and TTC. I don't think anyone, myself included, has intentionally come on here to post an insensitive comment, but if it has happened it would be helpful to hear your thoughts on it. Thanks for the clarification.
#315 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 PM

Ok, well I guess I'm the only one with the balls to point out the elephant in the room. What's funny is, it really doesn't matter. From time to time, there's always gonna be that one person that doesn't get it or even consider it. Or maybe they do consider it and they are just so selfish they can't help themselves. I've had people thank me for calling out this BS before. So here I go again. On some forums it's common etiquette. Shoot the messenger, I don't care.

YES, I think it's rude to do a fly by BFP. This forum is a TTC forum. We are trying to conceive. People that join are discussing their journey to a BFP. We support one another along the way - and are thrilled to hear about our friends' successes/end of this part of their journey to motherhood. We connect with one another and have a bond in this journey we share here. When someone says they've been lurking - "but - OMG!!! - here's my BFP!!!!!!" Sorry if I'm not first in line to pat you on the back. I don't even know who you are. You've never once bothered offering any support to one single person here. Yet all of us - several of who have struggled badly - are all of a sudden supposed to be all effing excited for you? Sorry. I'm just feeling like I got kicked in the teeth. I'll pass. There are just so many threads to join in the "I'm Pregnant" section that I feel are more appropriate.

I mean, if I was just now thinking, "I just got pregnant! I'm going to join a chat room. I think I'll go to the one for people trying to get pregnant and let them know I'm pregnant." yah, that makes no sense to me...

Maybe I've lost my mind and I'm out of line here. I'm at the end of my rope as many of you know. Sorry if I'm feeling a bit over sensitive.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#316 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I also considered the cb monitor but decided it was a asteroid of money. Honestly, charting will tell you just as much but without spending all the money. I've been charting every month I TTC but I just got the actual TCOYF and reading it has been fascinating.

I was wondering if you chart divas could look at mine? I'm concerned about my post-o temps, they're so low and not rising... Combined with my short (10days last time) luteal phase... But I don't have any breakthrough bleeding or spotting?

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/269c41

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#317 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
I also considered the cb monitor but decided it was a asteroid of money. Honestly, charting will tell you just as much but without spending all the money. I've been charting every month I TTC but I just got the actual TCOYF and reading it has been fascinating.

I was wondering if you chart divas could look at mine? I'm concerned about my post-o temps, they're so low and not rising... Combined with my short (10days last time) luteal phase... But I don't have any breakthrough bleeding or spotting?

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/269c41
Hi SeattleRain. Based on what I've learned from my own personal experiences, I think your chart looks alright. I will tell you that temp doesn't necessarily affect AMOUNT of progesterone. I was worried because my temp was sliding down about miscarrying and then I got my progesterone checked and it was 35.7. I would be more concerned about only having a 10 day luteal phase though as it may make it harder for the baby to implant before your next period starts.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#318 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 09:13 PM

Cool balls are good...

@ rosie....first, thank you so much for all your input on the clear blue easy. I was about to drop over $200 on one, it was a good deal, came with 2 month supply of pee strips, but was also thinking of checking on a lightly used one on Craigs list, but even if it was a good deal over $200 for something I probably don't need is not a good deal. I really appreciate all the time you took to explain pros and cons. I'd probably go nuts and get completely obsessed with it. I think the money would be much better spent on possibly seeing a TCM or a naturopath (I don't think insurance covers). My issue is most likely with egg quality or a hormone imbalance. I'd actually prefer it to be the timing issue but have to admit to myself the whole age BS. I'm sorry, it just passes me off. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be dealing with the age issue. I swear just yesterday I was 36...at least it feels the way. Hopefully there is some merit to egg quality and the age of your body's health vs the actual numbers. I just do not feel that my body is 41...geeze, it's even weird to look at that number. Sorry , I'm rambling. I totally get how you feel about the post BFP before even an intro...it does feel like a kick in the gut. Hopefully, it was not intended as such but one should take a moment and read and then decide if this is the best place to share right off the bat. So I respect that you had the balls to say something. Hopefully it will help and it won't happen again, here or elsewhere. I'd personally like to know if I've stuck my foot in my mouth so I can apologize and understand where people are coming from. I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome and often it's not intended but it has made me stop and think before I say or do the first thing that comes to mind. Anyway, how are you doing in your TWW from hell, at least that's how I feel about mine..the days seem to drag, when I just want to know. So I hope you've been trying not to obsess, but on the other hand ...noticed any symptoms yet...lol? I think the simplify approach sounds like a good one ...easier said then done(for me) , but most like the best approach. I do have a good feeling about this month...so many successful stories...hopefully we will all join the sticky parade.

@ alivewithyou...awesome numbers and thanks for the CBE input, gotta find the time to try and link my chart. Hope your feeling well.

@HappyMama2013 ...thanks for giving me your input also, sorry this month was a bust. Seeing that stark white sucks! Hopefully it happens very soon for you. And welcome...BTW unless I missed something(highly possible), I haven't noticed your posts before...Hope your stay is short and sweet.

@bren94 . ..how are you feeling? Is it sinking in yet? Hope all is well!

@jeny j. .. praying the low progesterone numbers don't mean anything and you have a happy and strong bean growing like crazy. Try to stay positive, I just have a feeling that this is IT for you!

@dis caleata. ..Hi there...any decisions on how you'll move forward. ..stupid spotting.

@perkier . .Hope the red lady hasn't come to visit.

@tinytina . ..I feel like singing ...it's the final countdown...! I'm also really curious about how all the choosing of the donor works. Please share with us...it's got to be exciting. .I'm excited anyway..I'm sure you are too.
@radiowave ...welcome..I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking to think about. The low motility was a kick in the teeth I'm sure... try not to get too discouraged about that though. There are tons of supplements that many mama's have had great success with on here. I'm sure that won't hold you back. I hope your stay is short and sweet. Btw...I'm originally from Baltimore area...a bit north, on the pa line...now I've crossed over. DH is as well, we like to go back now and then to visit. Are you actually in Baltimore or outside?

Sorry if I missed anyone. .on my phone as usual and hard to scroll back...Hi and hope all is well.

@sewiland...wow, your stay will be short and sweet. I'm sorry that you took a leap into the wrong pool with your happy news. Don't get me wrong...success is awesome...I just hope you can understand the perspective that rosie pointed out. It's hard...kinda like being the new kid in the neighborhood with a brand new bike, walking into a group of kids who have been saving up for months, to buy that exact same bike...have had it stolen a few times and are saving up all over again for that awesome bike that is just out of their reach, and you come in ringing the bell(dont ask me where the bell came from, guess i always wanted a bike with a bell) and riding circles around them...do ya know what I mean. If you'd been saving up with us and got a bike first we would be the first to scream hooray...but when you don't know the kid..it makes you want to....do things like throw rocks as the kid rides by... (ok, that's a bit harsh,... just trying to save my sinking analogy). I hope you can understand. Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

AFM...well I don't think I'll be dropping the $200+ on the CBE monitor. I'm going to try to keep my sanity and stop obsessing and pray! Not much else to do in the dreaded TWW...maybe ill go to the health food store and get the progesterone cream, probably won't help but may make me feel better...unless anyone knows if there's a black market for progesterone. ..lol. stay positive and keep smiling. ..water your plants and do the pregnancy dance. (I swear I did not intend to make that rhyme)*gotta draw the cheesy line somewhere*
bren94 likes this.
#319 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 09:23 PM

Lightbulb CBE fertility monitor

@SeattleRain . ..are you just trying to rub It in with that chart link, just kidding. I'm no chart expert but yours looks good, the lo is short but many have success with that length. I do know there are supplements that help to lengthen it...As soon as I can ill post what I remember. You've got me curious about TCOYF...I might have to pick up a copy myself...FX for you...!!
#320 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The bike analogy was a good way to put it, ayme. I was going to write more, but you and Rosie covered it.
ayme371, tinytina, LouisaG and 1 others like this.
#321 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
@SeattleRain . ..are you just trying to rub It in with that chart link, just kidding. I'm no chart expert but yours looks good, the lo is short but many have success with that length. I do know there are supplements that help to lengthen it...As soon as I can ill post what I remember. You've got me curious about TCOYF...I might have to pick up a copy myself...FX for you...!!
Sorry, not trying to "rub it in"? I actually legit wanted some help. I'm sorry, you probably don't know this about me but I'm very, very sensitive to people throwing me bad vibes. It actually took me a long time to join this forum just because I'm superstitious.

#322 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Hi SeattleRain. Based on what I've learned from my own personal experiences, I think your chart looks alright. I will tell you that temp doesn't necessarily affect AMOUNT of progesterone. I was worried because my temp was sliding down about miscarrying and then I got my progesterone checked and it was 35.7. I would be more concerned about only having a 10 day luteal phase though as it may make it harder for the baby to implant before your next period starts.
So what can I do about that LP? And how quickly can I do it? Is that something I could call my doc about tomorrow?

#323 of 461 Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Good morning ladies! I've *finally* got internet in my new home, and I'm back on the ttc bus after a cycle of ntnp. My first af after my early mc came with reassuring predictability- and I think I O'd a couple of days ago (which sounds like there may be some cycle buddies for me here, interestingly the month of my small faint positive was the trifecta month). I've scrolled back a page or three, want to just shout a hi to all, and hope that I'm still welcome even though I'm a long-term subscriber who only posts a handful of times each month. As reassuring as it is to check in and see all these familiar faces, I wish you'd all be in the grad club already! Really want to offer up lots of personals on my return but this new format isn't great on my blackberry....
#324 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

Still working away on my paper- almost done though.
Looking forward to a more relaxing weekend. It is suppose to be nice all weekend- sunny and warm.

Hi @Anna1979

Hi @discalceata

Hi @rosie2727 - I am starting to get excited about finishing my paper and this course. Only 2 courses left which seems mind boggling to me but exciting all at the same time. I know July 7th will come quickly- everything just feels so far away. We have started talking a tiny bit about donors- we definitely want someone who resembles my husband. I don't know how patient I have been. Trust me, I whine to him alot. Thank you for being honest with your posts.

Hi @jenjy . Thanks for the good wishes about my paper. I will be off until July 2nd (taking 1 summer course too)
I hope you don't worry too much dear

Hi @ayme371 - I need to get some ovulation kits/strip too for July. I hope choosing donors goes smoothly too- I worry about my husband as well. I am trying to stay positive about taking steps forward. Sounds like you have taken lots of positive steps forward dear. Thanks for being so excited for me and my husband. I am actually starting to get excited. Your bike analogy was great dear.

Hi and welcome @radiowave - sorry to hear about the loss of your son. We are doing an IUI with donor sperm because my husband has none. Our clinic does 6 cycles with no medications/hormones. I don't know if this is the case with everyone or just because I am young (almost 29 years old).

Hi @seweiland , sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. Wish you would of posted back then so we could of helped/supported you

Hi @HappyMama2013 , sorry to hear about your BFN and spotting dear. Let yourself feel dear (write it all down).

I will definitely answer any questions I can about the donor process. I will let you know how we make out choosing a donor.

Hi and thanks @alivewithyou

Hi @SeattleRain

Hi @LouisaG

Hi @alittlemischief , glad you got your internet back!

**I just want to say that we don't want to scare anyone away on here. But please be respectful of the struggles that some people are going through and that difficulties with fertility can be a long and difficult process. We would love to hear positive stories- we want people to come out of lurking and talk to us. This is a great place to talk and share our feelings. Let's move forward everyone. I know we won't always be positive but I hope this can be a positive place to talk.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#325 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#326 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
@ rosie....first, thank you so much for all your input on the clear blue easy. I was about to drop over $200 on one, it was a good deal, came with 2 month supply of pee strips, but was also thinking of checking on a lightly used one on Craigs list, but even if it was a good deal over $200 for something I probably don't need is not a good deal. I really appreciate all the time you took to explain pros and cons. I'd probably go nuts and get completely obsessed with it. I think the money would be much better spent on possibly seeing a TCM or a naturopath (I don't think insurance covers). My issue is most likely with egg quality or a hormone imbalance. I'd actually prefer it to be the timing issue but have to admit to myself the whole age BS. I'm sorry, it just passes me off. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be dealing with the age issue. I swear just yesterday I was 36...at least it feels the way. Hopefully there is some merit to egg quality and the age of your body's health vs the actual numbers. I just do not feel that my body is 41...geeze, it's even weird to look at that number. Sorry , I'm rambling. I totally get how you feel about the post BFP before even an intro...it does feel like a kick in the gut. Hopefully, it was not intended as such but one should take a moment and read and then decide if this is the best place to share right off the bat. So I respect that you had the balls to say something. Hopefully it will help and it won't happen again, here or elsewhere. I'd personally like to know if I've stuck my foot in my mouth so I can apologize and understand where people are coming from. I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome and often it's not intended but it has made me stop and think before I say or do the first thing that comes to mind. Anyway, how are you doing in your TWW from hell, at least that's how I feel about mine..the days seem to drag, when I just want to know. So I hope you've been trying not to obsess, but on the other hand ...noticed any symptoms yet...lol? I think the simplify approach sounds like a good one ...easier said then done(for me) , but most like the best approach. I do have a good feeling about this month...so many successful stories...hopefully we will all join the sticky parade.

@ alivewithyou...awesome numbers and thanks for the CBE input, gotta find the time to try and link my chart. Hope your feeling well.

@HappyMama2013 ...thanks for giving me your input also, sorry this month was a bust. Seeing that stark white sucks! Hopefully it happens very soon for you. And welcome...BTW unless I missed something(highly possible), I haven't noticed your posts before...Hope your stay is short and sweet.

@bren94 . ..how are you feeling? Is it sinking in yet? Hope all is well!

@jeny j. .. praying the low progesterone numbers don't mean anything and you have a happy and strong bean growing like crazy. Try to stay positive, I just have a feeling that this is IT for you!

@dis caleata. ..Hi there...any decisions on how you'll move forward. ..stupid spotting.

@perkier . .Hope the red lady hasn't come to visit.

@tinytina . ..I feel like singing ...it's the final countdown...! I'm also really curious about how all the choosing of the donor works. Please share with us...it's got to be exciting. .I'm excited anyway..I'm sure you are too.
@radiowave ...welcome..I'm so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking to think about. The low motility was a kick in the teeth I'm sure... try not to get too discouraged about that though. There are tons of supplements that many mama's have had great success with on here. I'm sure that won't hold you back. I hope your stay is short and sweet. Btw...I'm originally from Baltimore area...a bit north, on the pa line...now I've crossed over. DH is as well, we like to go back now and then to visit. Are you actually in Baltimore or outside?

Sorry if I missed anyone. .on my phone as usual and hard to scroll back...Hi and hope all is well.

@sewiland...wow, your stay will be short and sweet. I'm sorry that you took a leap into the wrong pool with your happy news. Don't get me wrong...success is awesome...I just hope you can understand the perspective that rosie pointed out. It's hard...kinda like being the new kid in the neighborhood with a brand new bike, walking into a group of kids who have been saving up for months, to buy that exact same bike...have had it stolen a few times and are saving up all over again for that awesome bike that is just out of their reach, and you come in ringing the bell(dont ask me where the bell came from, guess i always wanted a bike with a bell) and riding circles around them...do ya know what I mean. If you'd been saving up with us and got a bike first we would be the first to scream hooray...but when you don't know the kid..it makes you want to....do things like throw rocks as the kid rides by... (ok, that's a bit harsh,... just trying to save my sinking analogy). I hope you can understand. Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

AFM...well I don't think I'll be dropping the $200+ on the CBE monitor. I'm going to try to keep my sanity and stop obsessing and pray! Not much else to do in the dreaded TWW...maybe ill go to the health food store and get the progesterone cream, probably won't help but may make me feel better...unless anyone knows if there's a black market for progesterone. ..lol. stay positive and keep smiling. ..water your plants and do the pregnancy dance. (I swear I did not intend to make that rhyme)*gotta draw the cheesy line somewhere*
Hi,
We are in Baltimore City, (near Belvedere Square). Thank you all for your welcoming messages. This is such a stressful time. I want to be pregnant so badly, but I had such a traumatic experience losing Nico that the idea is also scary.

Longing for our rainbow
#327 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
@rosie2727 you said it perfectly. I'm still here checking in on you and others, and seeing that post she made also upset me. I completely get where you're coming from, and it was literally a kick to the gut. I'm still around if you feel like PMing.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#328 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Hi ladies. Sorry I went off the map again for a couple days. Didn't mean to get a BFP and run. I'm only 4 weeks and a day. Still so early and so uncertain. I really need to reach out to someone right now and not sure who else but all of you. When I saw my tests, I was overwhelmed with joy. I stupidly told some friends out of excitement and most were really happy for me. I told my mom yesterday and she kind of freaked out (because I'm not done with school). All of the sudden I was being bombarded with texts from my mom saying how disappointed in me she is and that I ruined my life...I was shocked. I feel like I'm on 16 and pregnant!! I am an adult and here I am being treated like a teen mom. She called DH (who was excited) and started spouting off statistics and she actually told him I'd end up leaving him and it would ruin our marriage. Now DH is freaked and is suddenly saying we aren't prepared financially...well gee that would have been good to know before you DTD with me knowing I was ovulating! I feel so hurt and betrayed. My mom is encouraging me to have an abortion and DH is pulling the "I want whatever you want but..." card. I'm terrified. I feel all alone. This should not be happening to me in my twenties!! I am so so sorry to come on here and rant all about me but please understand I am in a state of utter panic and disparity.

Rosie, please don't apologize for feeling how you do. I'm sure that's how we all feel. It's really unkind to come in here, not knowing any of us or our struggles just to announce a BFP. That's what DDC's are for.
ayme371 and tinytina like this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#329 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 AM

I think the more important thing to focus on is intent . Did she really intend to offend everyone? No. And last time we got mad at someone for posting something like this they ended up miscarrying anyway. The fact is that I've been gutted plenty of times on this board but it's because of my own personal feelings related to ttc and the disappointment and frustration that had come along with it. I guess I just try not to judge a book by its cover especially when they have had a previous loss. Maybe she was trying to provide hope for those that have had miscarriages. Maybe next time we ask for clarification. Just my thoughts and I know they are not popular ones so I apologize in advance.
#330 of 461 Old 06-20-2014, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
@alivewithyou I get your point. Maybe we're all just a little hormonal and sensitive right now lol. I know I am. This is like PMS on speed.
ayme371, tinytina and radiowave like this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page