~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#391 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Do any of you know what the Saner TTC group is? How is it different from this one?

@chilee I know what you mean. I go back and forth, do I really want to kiss my social life, free time, sleep, and sanity goodbye? But then I realize I do.
#392 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone! @ayme371 I'm so sorry that you and DH are going through this. I really hope that he'll come around. Is it the depression talking? Or is it how he actually feels? Sometimes I have similar feelings as your DH, will I be able to love a baby? How will we be financially? etc. But have come to realize that I have those feelings/thoughts when my depression is at its worst and even though I feel that way in the moment, its not how I feel overall. I'm glad to hear that you guys are both in therapy. When I went it helped quite a bit. Hopefully it will help your DH to sort through his feelings and let go of the fears he has and move ahead with TTC. @Wilhelmina nothing wrong with pull and pray if you're not ready. Do what you need to until you feel ready.

AFM: Yesterday AM I took a test and it was a BFN. Of course. Why should I expect differently? Went to the my gp because I felt like I was getting a uti. Tested and said no infection. Then they asked if I wanted them to do a pregnancy test as they know I'm TTC. I told them the one this am was neg but they could do what they wanted. They did the test and of course another BFN. Went to the pharmacy to pick of the femara for this next cycle, and got home and of course, theres AF. Its like salt in the wound. I really should know better than to get my hopes up and test. Anyways, please move me to waiting to o. I'm going to try to call my doc again today to see if that clinic faxed DH's results.

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#393 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 AM

@siuann I know that there aren't any words I can say that will make things better or even easier. Just know you are loved and supported here. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers always.
#394 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 09:22 AM

thanks @bren94 . I appreciate it.

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#395 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hey, all! I vanished for a bit and am not fully caught up, but my heart goes out to those of you having a hard time right now. Family can be so awful. Hugs to y'all.

No updates on my end. Waiting to ovulate, doing OPK's, whistling Dixie. Finally getting my energy back though!
#396 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Well AF showed up yesterday so we're back to the drawings board so to speak. I did go and get my blood tests done yesterday and they took 8 vials of blood. DH is dropping off his SA sample today so now we're waiting to hear back about all the results.

Please move me to waiting to O

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#397 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Another obstacle

@ siuann. .I'm so sorry the red b...h arrived. Thank you for the encouraging feelings. I hope the femera works well for you. I'm not sure what it does But FX for you! s

@tinytina . ..thank you for the encouragement. I know the stress does take its toll and I hope you and DH are able to come together and not stress and argue. I try to remind DH that we are on the same team when the stress turns into arguments. I know you will be great though. So happy that the paper is out of the way and you got an awesome grade! That's fantastic! I can imagine the relief that you feel.

@ chili. ..your positive energy is great! I think getting yourself "buff", is a great idea. It's funny how one moment you think that you may not want another and the small things remind you that it is what you want. I find myself feeling the same way. Who knows, being in good physical shape might be just what you need. I read a good bit last night about uterine fibroid and being in shape and having a good BMW are very helpful if you do have fibroids. I mention the fibroids because I was reading a bit about ttc when you pass 35 can be strongly impacted by fibroids, which many women don't even know that have. If your interested in any more of the info I learned, let me know and I'd be happy to share. It was really interesting. Good luck on getting yourself into great shape. I'm going to try to motivate myself to do the same. I'm not my goal weight but I certainly feel way too mushy for my liking. Feeling like a jello jiggler doesn't do much for the self esteem.

@bren94 . ..thank you again for being so positive and rooting for me. The picture of you and DH is adorable!

@Anna1979 . ...sorry AF found you. I hope the blood work comes back with good results for you. It's ridiculous. How long they are taking on the SA. If interested I found a cool website where you can get all you need to do your own SA, price wasn't bad either, it looked really interesting. Thought about trying it out juat for shits and giggles...I'm a bit weird though.

@ wilhelmina. ..Thinking of you and hope all is going well.

@alittlemischief and @rosie . ...Haven't heard from you in a while and eager to hear how things are going! Rosie are you getting close to testing? I seem to remember being pretty close to the same O time as you and I know that my itch to test is rearing it's ugly head, lol

AFM...I find myself thinking about looking into going to the gyn (preferably a TCM) and possibly using some time of meds to move things along and then I remember., "oh yeah, I don't even know if DH wants this or not. Why take meds and stuff if I'm not even going to be in the game." Its next to impossible to turn off the "button" though. I read a bunch about women my age (or any age) having recurrent chemicals and early miscarriages. It was super informative and some supplements to get rid of fibroids, NOT SURGERY, look really promising. I recently saw the movie THIS IS 40, even if you not 40 it is hilarious. And strangely the main character was seeing a TCM in hopes of getting her entire family more healthy. One of her main issues(she wasn't trying to conceive) was painful periods, clots, and other stuff. The TCM suspected uterine fibroids and recommended some diet changes and the fibroids went away. I know it's Hollywood but the odd coincidence left me thinking....and then the article I read about fibroids making conception difficult and how diet changes and a specific supplement to rid your body of the fibroids, made me.really open my eyes! I don't think there are really many odd coincidences in life...they are more like signs that we just have to open our minds to see. Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and I'd be happy to share what I learned. As for me, we shall see. I know it's partially the depression talking but I part of me really thinks that he just does not want to have a child. I just wish I could understand why. What made him change his mind? Says that he likes the way things are now. Trying not to think about it too much and let it take over my life. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Have a beautiful day everyone!
tinytina and bren94 like this.
#398 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
@siuann I'm sorry AF showed. I can tell you're down about it. Your suffice days you've been trying for a year and a half, what is your doctor saying at this point?

@bren94 your picture is really cute. How much longer of school do you have?

@rosie2727 We're cycle buddies and I'm at 9DPO and lonely! Where are you at girl?!

I took my first test this morning and it was negative but I'm trying not to despair. I actually had a temp dip yesterday so I wonder if maybe that could be implantation if that's the case, then if wouldn't expect a BFP until at least 11DPO. Conveniently due to my abysmal LP, that's actually the day after my missed period.

Here's my chart should anyone care... http://FertilityFriend.com/home/269c41

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#399 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 01:41 PM

Thank you @ayme371 ans @SeattleRain !

@SeattleRain Well since I'm switching majors, I have about 2 semesters of prerequisites before applying to Nursing School and then 5 semesters of nursing school. Just thinking about it makes me tired. I love learning but have never been big on school. So roughly 3.5 years...yikes. Sorry about the negative test. Stay hopeful, you're still early. At 8dpo I didn't even have the faintest hint at a BFP and you're only a day later than that.
tinytina likes this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#400 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 03:27 PM

I miss y'all a lot. I don't feel like I've really clicked with anyone in my DDC. I hope y'all don't mind that I stick around.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#401 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
@ siuann. . s I'm so sorry. Please try to keep your hopes up. It will happen for you . I wish it wasn't taking so long but keep faith, it will happen.

@SeattleRain . ..s it is early, don't give up

@bren94 . .exciting that your switching majors. I often wish I had gone in that direction as well. I've been teaching elementary school for 15 years and I love working with the kids. I just hate all the BS that goes along with it, enjoying what I do has become difficult because of all the crap that goes with it these days.

AFM....BFN....@9dpo..looks like I'm out for good since my DH no longer shares in the desire to go down this road. Good luck and keeping my FX for you all.
#402 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 07:18 PM

@ayme371 I hope you're not leaving you have been such a supportive friend to all of us, let us continue to support you through this. Unless you just don't want to continue posting, then I understand. I'm so sorry about this. I wish I could give you a giant hug IRL!
#403 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi Everyone!

@ayme371 - I hope you're not leaving. I wouldn't give up hope on hubby just yet. Or maybe you need to wait a week or two and stress to him how important it really is to you. I know for me, it would be a deal-breaker, and I made that very clear to hubby right when we started dating. I basically said, "I will be having a child. That can either be with you or someone else". I wasn't messing around. I don't know what I'd do if he changed his mind, but it would be a super tough decision for me. Maybe your hubby is just going through a hard time right now and he'll come around. Sending good thoughts for you.

@bren94 - I love your new picture!!!! You guys are super cute. And I'm super happy to see your baby counter. I wish I would have gone down the nursing road. I work in mental health and if I would have done psych nursing I'd be making way more money. I'm in too much student debt to take on anymore so I'm done with school, but I think nursing is a really good choice. Always jobs, they pay pretty well, and you can move or work wherever you want.

@SeattleRain - Sorry about your BFN but hopefully it's just too early. Crossing my fingers that was an implantation dip for you!

@suiann- Sorry about stupid AF. It's so flippin' disappointing. Glad you don't have a uti and I really hope the femara does the trick next cycle!

@Anna1979 - sorry about AF for you too, hope you guys get good test results. 8 vials! wow.

AFM- Had a great weekend camping. No temping, which didn't even bother me as I was so early in my cycle. The weather was glorious, got to hang with good friends, lots of relaxing and hanging out on the lake. ahhhhhh. Back to the grind now. Hanging out at cd9, waiting to O. My whole life is waiting to O. At least my temps are being normal, no crazy high temps like my last dumb cycle. Maybe, just maybe, I'll actually ovulate like a regular person this month! I started the OPKs and fertility monitor. I'm starting to hate those things since they don't always work for me, but I keep chugging along. I have my first naturopath appointment tomorrow. After I got over my panic of my super short cycle last time, I decided to put off going to the ob/gyno. My doctor sending me the dvd on "abnormal bleeding" pretty much made up my mind to hold off. The booklet that came with it said exactly what I expected it to. "Treatment options for abnormal bleeding are birth control pills, uterine ablation, and hysterectomy". NO THANKS. I started examining my charts for the last 6 cycles and realized we really only had both me ovulating AND good sex timing two times in all those cycles. Anyway, that convinced me to go to the naturopath and see what she has to suggest before jumping to the ob/gyn where all they will offer me is meds, unless I demand lap surgery. I'm not quite ready to have someone poking around my ovaries with a scalpel yet. Even if I do have endo, that doesn't mean it's bad enough to prevent pregnancy. I'm just going to play it by ear for now. I'll probably give it 6 more months before the real panic sets in. Anyboo, we'll see what she says. That's about it going on around here! Hope everyone has a nice evening!
#404 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 PM

Thank you @jennsies ! It's my favorite picture of us I decided to allow myself to feel comfortable and confident in my pregnancy, so I went ahead and made a ticker. I hope no one minds it, I can't choose to hide my signature on my phone. I'm so glad to hear your positive outlook on everything. Keep at it, girl. & I'm totally with you in going with the naturopath and covering all your bases before letting anyone cut you up. I feel so hopeful for you, and know you will be a terrific mama! <3
#405 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 PM

@jennsies Have you considered just seeing a different OBGYN? ND's are great... but if you have real medical issues that may be preventing pregnancy and fertility (like Endo) you may not want to waste too much time going down the ND road...

#406 of 461 Old 06-24-2014, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi @ayme371 I'm still here (and posting) I'm 8dpo and my chart is really looking ovulatory- I had concerns earlier in cycle. I'm feeling deep-down happy, I think the move/sunshine/the knowledge that I CAN conceive has all helped me feel more at peace than anytime this year (even though I'm not to hopeful of being pregnant this cycle). I'm sorry to hear that you and hubby have conflicting ttc plans- but something will bring you back together on this journey, you have both been committed to the idea before this point so I don't think it will take much to get back there. I hope you stick around, I'd be happy to hear when you have your bFp success story Oh and don't count yourself out yet, its still rather early to be testing positive- fingers crossed!
#407 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 216 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

Been working hard on getting stuff done around the apartment- need to distract myself. Decided to try an ovulation test today (CD 12) *want to try it before we do it for real next month)

I love your idea about trying to optimize your physical condition @chilee

Hi @bren94 , you can definitely do school- you might just need to slow it down a bit, admit when you cannot do it all. Definitely stick around, sorry to hear you haven't clicked yet with anyone in your DDC.

Hi @siuann , sorry to hear AF found you dear.

Glad to hear you are getting your energy back dear @discalceata

Sorry AF found you too @Anna1979 , hope your tests provide some answers dear

Thanks for the advice @ayme371 , I appreciate this reminder for me and my husband. Cannot wait for my final paper grade and my final grade. Sorry to hear about your difficulty dealing with the issues with your husband. I wish you both could be on the same page. I am so sorry dear. I also hope you are not leaving. Having children is a deal-breaker for me too. Can you talk about it in counseling/therapy?

Fingers remain crossed for you @SeattleRain

Hi @jennsies , sounds like camping was really useful/relaxing. Glad you feel like you have gathered a plan.

Hugs @alittlemischief , loving the positivity.

Hello everyone else! I am loving the positive attitudes around here! Keep it up ladies.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#408 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

#409 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@Wilhelmina I think you should take as much time as you need to heal. TTC when you're sure you're ready. I kwym about being scared of it happening again. I personally feel strongly that Im ready to TTC again as soon as I can but I do have a strong fear of losing another one. It was just so painful...that fear will stick with me for a long time I think.
@ayme371 I am so sorry to read that your DH is suddenly changing his mind, that makes me so sad for you. Im glad to hear that you are both talking to a counselor tho, hopefully that will help with this situation. Certainly your wants/needs are just as important as his and for him to change his mind so late in the game is extremely unfair.
@chilee that crosses my mind sometimes too, the no sleep, diapers, etc. Personally I know Im ready to do it again, but there are definitely some parts Im not looking forward to LOL!
@siuann So sorry about the BFN, how frustrating! I hope your get your DHs SA soon and it can at least shed some light on whats going on.
@Anna1979 Uuuuuuggg, AF sucks! I hope the test results come back soon and have good news. And 8 vials??!! I might have passed out from all that!
@jennsies Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck with the naturopath.
@alittlemischief , Im glad to read that you are feeling happy and positive. After all is said and done, thats what counts most!

AFM, just enjoying the summer with my kiddos. Its a great distraction since on the TTC front all Im doing is waiting....which I know really isnt that bad when I can keep myself from obsessing over it. Which sometimes works and sometimes doesnt lol. Im still spotting and having slight cramps from the D&C, today is day 10. Anyone have an idea how long I can expect this? I know probably not, since everyone is different, but this not knowing is annoying.
#410 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 11:19 AM

@SeattleRain - I'm not against seeing an ob/gyn (i actually haven't seen one yet, only my md)...the problem is that I know there's nothing they can do for confirming endo besides lap surgery. I guess I'd like to wait a couple months before jumping to surgery. My insurance covers nothing fertility related so I'm treading lightly about how I request things. For now, I'm just requesting treatment based on abnormal cycles, so it's paid for. We've only been TTC for 6 months and have had pretty crappy timing for several of those, so while I don't want to wait too long to get more aggressive I also would prefer the least invasive measures as possible. I already have my referral in to ob/gyn and I may follow up with them now (at least for a consult) but I wanted to wait till after the ND appt. Believe me, if things don't improve quickly I'll be more willing to do whatever I need to do, I've just found Group Health to be incredibly unhelpful in general over the last 13 or so years I've been with them. I at least was hoping the ND would be willing to do some basic hormone testing to start as GH has flat out refused.
bren94 likes this.
#411 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 11:25 AM

Another BFN this morning at 10dpo. I am having some breast tenderness so that's keeping me around right now, but it's not much. I can't seem to get my temp to stay high.

#412 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@SeattleRain Booooo for BFNs!! What kind of test are you using? This last time I was pregnant I got BFPs on FRERs, but BFNs on everything else.
#413 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 PM

@jennsies I had endo surgery in Jan. I just wanted to let you know that it seems really scary and all, but coming out on the other end of it, it really wasn't that bad. My mom had the surgery, and it helped her, so I pretty much figured growing up that I'd have to have it as well. I'm glad I had it done because now I know can cross endo off my list of what could be keeping us from conceiving. My doc billed the insurance as lap for pain relief and they paid it no questions. I do have limited infertility coverage, but he didn't bill it as such. I think that if you went in to a gyn and told them about your abnormal cycles, any pain, heavy bleeding, etc, that they would bill it as that and not infertility. My doc knew that we were trying to have kids at the time of the surgery and it wasn't and issue. If you go and they try to put you on the bcp or something I would tell them that you want to have kids in the near future, but need the abnormal bleeding/pain etc sorted out first. If you (or anyone else) have any questions about any details of the surgery, please feel free to ask! @Melinda1980 I don't know anything about D&Cs except what a close friend has told me. I hope that you recover quickly. I'm glad you are able to enjoy summer with your kids. @SeattleRain - fingers crossed! @Anna1979 I'm sorry AF showed up. It looks like she hit us both at about the same time.
Hi @discalceata , @ayme371 , @bren94 ! @tinytina what kind of ovulation test are you using? Will you be on any sort of meds for your IUI? I hope you're doing well. @alittlemischief I love your how positive you are!
Sorry to anyone I forgot, I'm trying so hard to get better about posting. lol
AFM, still no info on DH's test. Femara starts Friday. I hope its less shitty than the clomid was. I feel like I'm in a much better place in my head than I was a few days ago. This long term TTC thing is so hard sometimes. Thank you all for bearing with me.

#414 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 PM

@siuann - how did you and your doc determine it was likely endo and that you needed surgery? What were your symptoms?
#415 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 01:12 PM

Just family history and lots of pain. My mom actually had the surgery twice. Once to get the endo and again to put her ovaries in the right place. Her ovaries were adhered to the bottom of her uterus by endo. They had to make a little shelf for her ovaries lol. I'm normal on cycle length and flow and all. But the pain was going on for months and months. Turns out that it was more likely from ovulation- cysts, cysts bursting, fluid build up, etc. They did get some endo when they did the lap, so it could have been pain from that as well. Also I forgot to mention that they did that thing where they put dye up your tubes to see if they are open while they had me under. It was nice to not have to awake for that procedure. If you have surgery, I'd recommend asking them about that procedure as well. I think its called a HSG? I can't remember.

#416 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
all pre af signs are here and expecting her Friday. may baby or bust
bren94 likes this.
#417 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hey everyone, I'm reading updates but am supposed to be packing to go away for a week so not too many personals...sorry!!
@SeattleRain and @chilee I'm not giving up on you guys yet! Fingers crossed for good news from both of you when I'm back online next week!
@ayme371 Hugs to you, sister! I agree with the others- give DH some time. It's so hard to wait, I know. I really hope this all works out the way you want it to. Plan for what you want to have happen! Totally my motto.
@bren94 Hello! Glad you're still hanging out here!
@alittlemischief Happy to hear you are happy! You can do it! :-)

Hello to everyone else....sorry to leave folks out.

I'm waiting to o at this point, headed out tomorrow to a holiday with very little internet so I won't be back around until late next week. See everyone on the flipside, when I will definitely be a more involved forum companion.
#418 of 461 Old 06-25-2014, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda1980 View Post
@SeattleRain Booooo for BFNs!! What kind of test are you using? This last time I was pregnant I got BFPs on FRERs, but BFNs on everything else.
Im using wondfos.

As an interesting turn of events, I spent the evening puking. Either I have food poisoning or I'm having some VERY early and severe morning sickness. It had better be morning sickness.

#419 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

Negative ovulation tests yesterday and today.

Last night me and hubby sat down and looked at all 3 websites for sperm donors. One website was much more user friendly and provided a much more detailed profile. This detailed profile made me feel like I could almost see the person in my head. We really liked that website. We found 1 man in particular that we were both drawn to and we think he will end up being our donor. He is a lot like my husband. We did come up with a list of possibilities though. We found an open donor (at the age of 18 the child could contact him if they choose to- kinda like an adoption).

Glad you get to spend some time with the kiddos this summer and it is proving to be a wonderful distraction @Melinda1980 , you deserve it dear.

I wish I had more helpful advice for you @jennsies

Sorry to hear about your BFN, @SeattleRain . Fingers crossed still dear. Sorry to hear you were so sick yesterday

Glad you were able to provide some useful information about your own experiences @siuann . Hope this new medication is a better fit for you. Glad you are doing better mentally. I know what you mean about how difficult this whole process can be, especially mentally.

Fingers crossed that AF doesn't find you and you get your May baby @chilee

Enjoy your time away @perkier

#420 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page