Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
waitin to O
#422 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Here I am on CD14 and the OPKs are still coming up negative… that's still within the realm of normal, right?
#423 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
@ayme371 - The lab told DH they should have his results to the DR the next day which was yesterday but they told him they didn't have them yet so he is calling again today. I'm sorry you're DH is not on board with things. Hopefully he will take some time and really process everything that is going on and change his mind.

AFM-Just sitting around and waiting for O. DH's aunt is coming to visit for a few days so we'll be busy hosting her so that should help the days fly by. I already have an appointment with my naturopath for Monday so I'm going to call my DR and see if they have any of my results back and have them fax them to her. I know some of them take time but I'm hoping maybe one or two will be done already so we can start crossing things off our list.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#424 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Here I am on CD14 and the OPKs are still coming up negative… that's still within the realm of normal, right?
Totally normal. Are you. He king twice a day?

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#425 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 09:52 AM

Well I spoke with my Dr's office and 4 of the 6 tests are back and they will fax them over to my naturopath and I've asked her to email me copies of the results so I can start doing my own research depending on what the results show. Talked to DH and he is going to call them and ask them if his results are back and they should be since the lab told him 24 hours and its been 48 now.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#426 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
Totally normal. Are you. He king twice a day?
Checking twice a day, you mean? Yeah. Sometimes three times, heh. Once yesterday and once today I got a very faint line, but nothing that counts as a positive. Glad to know it's normal; I guess I still have a couple of days.
#427 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Don't worry I didn't get my positive until day 18.
bren94 and discalceata like this.
#428 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Missing @ayme371 today... hope she is back soon.
#429 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 07:19 PM

Well we got DH's SA results back and everything looks normal.

Volume 3.0mL (Normal is 1.5 mL)
Sperm concentration 79.8x10^6/mL (Normal is 15)
Total Sperm Count 239.2x10^6 (Normal is 39)
PH 8.5 (Normal is>]7.2)
Progressive Motility 60% (Normal is 32%)
Total Motility 60% (Normal is 40%)
Progressivity @37% (coded 0-4) 4 (Normal is 3-4)
Sperm Morphology 20% normal (Normal is >4)
tinytina and bren94 like this.

#430 of 461 Old 06-26-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1979 View Post
Well we got DH's SA results back and everything looks normal.

Volume 3.0mL (Normal is 1.5 mL)
Sperm concentration 79.8x10^6/mL (Normal is 15)
Total Sperm Count 239.2x10^6 (Normal is 39)
PH 8.5 (Normal is>]7.2)
Progressive Motility 60% (Normal is 32%)
Total Motility 60% (Normal is 40%)
Progressivity @37% (coded 0-4) 4 (Normal is 3-4)
Sperm Morphology 20% normal (Normal is >4)
Those sperm sound GREAT! Has he been doing anything to prepare in any way?

AFM, it's 11DPO and still BFN. So, so white BFN. On the plus side, I didn't get my period (yet) so my LP isn't QUITE as abysmal as I thought. If I make it through tomorrow, even if I'm not PG, I'll still be happy because my LP will have normalized. At this point, since having my IUD removed in February, I feel like I'm still playing this game of waiting for my hormones to fall into place. I really felt like this is my month, but if next month is the month, that will be okay too in terms of maternity leave timing. Oh well, man plans, God laughs...

#431 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 05:50 AM

Got my positive OPK! On CD15.
#432 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

It is suppose to be a nice weekend here- warmer and Canada Day is Tuesday- big celebrations here including fireworks, outdoor concerts, a parade, etc.

Hope you O soon, @chilee

Don't worry @discalceata (I am at Day 14, and I am suppose to O between day 11-17 -3 straight negative OPK's- I am only testing once, first thing in the morning)

Hope you enjoy hosting your husband's aunt @Anna1979 . That is so frustrating to hear about not getting test results back in a timely manner. Glad your husband's SA came back with good results

Hi @alivewithyou and @bren94

Hi @SeattleRain , fingers remain crossed, however, I love your positive attitude dear.

Hi everyone else!
discalceata likes this.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle

Last edited by tinytina; 06-27-2014 at 06:46 AM.
#433 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone. My doc called yesterday with DH's results. Slightly low count, and all abnormal. The reason it took so long is because the clinic went over his sample a few times to make sure. We have to go in for another analysis to see if it was just a fluke, and we have to have an infertility consult at the clinic. My doc said that most likey we will need IVF to conceive. We can't afford that. I guess I'm most likely out for good. I'll probably move over to the infertility thread. Theres no reason for me to stay here at this point. I have enjoyed getting to know you all and I hope that you have sticky amazing little babies very soon!

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#434 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

So sorry @siuann , I am threadkeeper over in the Fertility Challenged One thread too- Infertility Section. If you want to talk (PM) let me know. When my husband got his tests done we got similar results- except the count was almost non-existent and everything was abnormal or dead. It took a few days to deal with that blow. That actually took IVF off the table for us- initially that was our plan which was super expensive. Now we are looking at IUI with donor sperm, the cost is much more affordable per cycle.

#435 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

#436 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 AM

@siuann I'm so sorry. You never know what can happen, but however it works out, best wishes.
@tinytina Positive OPK means I O'ed or am about to, right? I guess that puts me in my 2ww!
#437 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
Those sperm sound GREAT! Has he been doing anything to prepare in any way?

AFM, it's 11DPO and still BFN. So, so white BFN. On the plus side, I didn't get my period (yet) so my LP isn't QUITE as abysmal as I thought. If I make it through tomorrow, even if I'm not PG, I'll still be happy because my LP will have normalized. At this point, since having my IUD removed in February, I feel like I'm still playing this game of waiting for my hormones to fall into place. I really felt like this is my month, but if next month is the month, that will be okay too in terms of maternity leave timing. Oh well, man plans, God laughs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Got my positive OPK! On CD15.
: for the positive OPK!

He has been taking Q10 since January and he did admit yesterday that he had been doing some reading about male fertility since he's been worried that he would be reason we can't conceive since he's had an injury to one of the boys while playing sports years ago and one of the recommendations was to start taking zinc and he's been helping himself to my zinc tablets for a few months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siuann View Post
Hi everyone. My doc called yesterday with DH's results. Slightly low count, and all abnormal. The reason it took so long is because the clinic went over his sample a few times to make sure. We have to go in for another analysis to see if it was just a fluke, and we have to have an infertility consult at the clinic. My doc said that most likey we will need IVF to conceive. We can't afford that. I guess I'm most likely out for good. I'll probably move over to the infertility thread. Theres no reason for me to stay here at this point. I have enjoyed getting to know you all and I hope that you have sticky amazing little babies very soon!
I'm so sorry DH's results weren't what you had hoped for. Don't give up yet. Maybe there is somethings that the fertility clinic can suggest for your DH to try and see if that has any impact on his SA. Also do your own research. Remember whatever you try it takes about 3 months to really see any positive impact. Figure out what works for you and stick to it for 3 months and then redo the SA and see if there is any improvement.

#438 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
@siuann I'm sorry that the results weren't good news. I hope that you can find some route to a family, I think that @tinytina would be a great supportive friend while you come to terms with the news and look at your options, I really hope that things can work out and you are holding your baby in the not-so-distant future. You don't have to leave this thread, but if you do, please pop back here from time to time and let us know how you are doing?

AFM- 10DP0, tearful this am (after a colleagues baby shower)and I'm spotty so think AF is on her way. I've also sort-of broken my plan to not do any early tests, by buying a small bunch of cheapies. I've yet to pee on them, but I'm a sucker for a single line
#439 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Smile Hi there...

@bren94 ...♡I'm here. Just quietly waiting...Suppose im just trying to put my big girl pants back on...ok, that really makes no sense...lol Hope your doing well. So your thinking girl? Just a gut feeling or something giving you clues? Thank you! s. It really does make me feel better. Don't mean to be too cheesy but oh well....

I'm sorry for my lack of chatter...Just trying to figure things out....I hope everyone is well and I'll be reading back to catch up on everyone a little later.

AFM...I'm 12 or 13 dpo tested last night with a frer and bfn ¿ so not looking promising. ..big surprise. I'm pretty sure I know what may help me to get the BFP. ..but that is up in the air. Considering my options....I'm out trying to catch the last bit of light to pick some black raspberries. ..I got eaten by darn mosquitos last night. Be back to catch up later. Miss you all!
bren94 likes this.
#440 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Jumping in late in the game this month. This is my 2nd month ttc. AF is due the 1st, so I'm just trying to be patient. Trying. Failing.
#441 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 07:36 PM

@siuann I know this is probably a big blow, but it is NOT the end of the world. First of all, this is ONE sample and ONE analysis from ONE doctor. Before you call yourself out for good, you have a few more steps in the process. I know people have had some luck with having their partner use vitamins to boost quality. Sperm regenerate quickly and if vitamins are going to work, you might have a totally different result in a few months. It might not be PERFECT, but you might be able to do something less expensive like IUI instead of IVF.

If not, you can look into IVF and take your time, knowing that the stress of TTC every month is off of you. Save your money up, make sure you're with the doctor you really want to be with, etc.

Hugs, you're going to be okay. You seem like such a strong woman and you'll find your way through.
#442 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 PM

AFM, AF still hasn't shown at 12DPO which is awesome for me! My temp took a dive today though, so I bet I'll get AF tomorrow. I didn't even test today because I didn't think it was worth it.

#443 of 461 Old 06-27-2014, 11:16 PM

@SeattleRain good news on your luteal length. Sorry about the temp dip, but your not out 'till your out... I'm hopeful for everyone

Welcome @waiting 4 I'm due af @ either 13/14dpo and 14dpo is on the 1st, so I'll wait with ya. Here's hoping your stay in this club is short and sweet

AFM- remember those cheapy hpt's I bought yesterday? Turns out I should have read the packaging first! They say "90% accurate" - not the best odds lol
#444 of 461 Old 06-28-2014, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

Another negative OPK this morning.
Decided I want to actually start writing on my blog about our struggles with infertility. I started the blog back in February but I wasn't ready to write on it.
Got really emotional last night, my parent's cat passed away last night (they have lost 2 cats and a dog in about a year). It's been really rough on my parents and me and my brother.

@discalceata , check your specific OPK for the time frame. The fertility clinic suggested a 24-36 hour one vs. 48 hours because of the IUI procedure. So when I get a positive one, I call the clinic and our procedure is booked for the next day. Glad you got a positive result.

I like Anna1979's suggestions for @siuann . There are a lot of options to explore.

Glad to see your husband took some initiative, @Anna1979

Thanks for the compliment @alittlemischief . Sorry to hear AF is on its way. Cannot blame you for being emotional at the baby shower, hugs hun. Sorry to hear about your cheap tests.

Hope you got the black raspberries picked without getting bitten too bad by the mosquitoes, @ayme371 . Let us know if we can help you figure things out dear.

Hi and welcome @Waiting4SJ

Hi @SeattleRain , sorry to hear your temps are going down.

#445 of 461 Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Good Morning! It is a hot day in Baltimore.
Yesterday we had our second consultation with the RE. He said, based on my tests, my TAC, DH's borderline sperm motility issue, and our ages and pregnancy history, that he wants to go ahead with the following plan: Start IUI treatment at the beginning of my next cycle (which should start between tomorrow and wednesday. Scan and bloodwork CD3, Clomid CDs 5 through 9, scan and bloodwork CD12, and based on that, probably a trigger shot around then and then the IUI, and then vaginal progesterone for two weeks. He said that he only wants to do two rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. This all sounds fairly aggressive to me, which I am ok with, I think, but surprised by. I thought that we would try more rounds of IUI before moving on. He doesn't want to do any IUI with injectable before moving on to IVF because of the greater risk of multiples, which we are not sure that my TAC could handle well. I am very nervous about the clomid.
I am already being treated for depression and anxiety, and am weaning myself off of klonapin before the treatment starts. Between schoolwork (working on my MA online) and my daughter and my crazy family, I just don't know how I am going to handle the clomid!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#446 of 461 Old 06-28-2014, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Waiting To Know

How do you keep yourself from POAS every day?! 3-4 days till AF is expected... I'm going crazy. Why do early preggo symptoms have to be so vague/like PMS? Sore/full feeling, emotional train wreck, fatigue - All there. Did I mention I'm going crazy? Plus since it's early in the TTC phase for me, I haven't been keeping close track of O-day, which means I'm not entirely sure if we uhm, hit the mark. At least it's better than my first time TTC. I was on the pill, and going off it meant my cycle was WHACK the entire time I was TTC. At least now I'm down to a "normal" 28-30 day cycle rather than 25-45 day cycles last time. Does anyone here spend an unhealthy amount of time on this site? I'm a teacher, off for the summer so I have a LOT of extra time on my hands.
@radiowave Wow, it sounds like you have your hands full, but with good blessings, hopefully your story will end in a little blessing soon. @alittlemischief - Not only are we waiting together, but your profile is BELLE!!! I'm such a huge fan of Beauty & the Beast. It's DH and my "thing".

Waiting4SJ (25) married to DH (24) since 3/17/20014 . DS (2) born 11/11/11. TTC#2.
#447 of 461 Old 06-28-2014, 10:30 PM

@Waiting4SJ perhaps its a sign that we are meant to be waiting together? The Belle thing hit me a while back, I had concieved in Disneyland in April, but miscarried just days after finding out. The story of Belle resonated with me- she had to fight for her 'beast' and had to lose him (temporarily) in order for him to transform into something beautiful and lifelong. I felt like my heartbreak was temporary and my prince just wasn't ready yet (I strongly feel that I will have another son) Is that uber cheesy?!

AFM- I'm 12DPO and I gave over to temptation tested BfN on my cheapies yesterday. But my chart sure does look like a pregnant one. I think I'm going shopping for FRER today...
#448 of 461 Old 06-29-2014, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
What does AFM mean?

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#449 of 461 Old 06-29-2014, 09:51 AM

@radiowave I think I asked the same question many moons ago when I first started hanging out here. AFM= as for me
radiowave likes this.
#450 of 461 Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

AFM: Got negatives on OPK on days 15 and 16. Are you freaking kidding me?

Sounds like your RE is being aggressive with his treatment plan, @radiowave . Is there anyway to get a second opinion? Its hard to compare cases since everyone is different. Best of luck on the hormones.

Since we are using donor sperm, we are going up to 6 cycles of IUI with no meds. I am also taking courses online, my master's in education, curriculum design to be exact.

Given how much stress/anxiety the OPK tests are causing me, I cannot imagine the pregnancy tests are going to be any better for me @Waiting4SJ . I am spending way too much time on here, the computer in general, and thinking about this all.

I love your story @alittlemischief , fingers crossed for you dear.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page