~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#31 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@jenjy wow, that's the most beautiful picture I've seen all day! I'm SO happy for you I could cry! I really hope the spotting is nothing. I'm praying/wishing/crossing my fingers for you. All of it. I hope that's ok with you, because I'm doing it...it's happening.

Edit: Is the spotting light? I hope I'm not getting "too excited". I don't want you to feel like I'm making a huge deal about it. I'm new at this, sorry!
jenjy likes this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015

Last edited by bren94; 06-03-2014 at 10:05 AM.
#32 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quick question...what do people mean by "a stronger ovulation"? Example, some people take ovulation dugs (clomid, femara) when they already ovulate regularly. I've heard people say "for a stronger ovulation." What does that mean?
@alivewithyou What does you doctor say about this? What are the benefits of taking ovulation inducers when one already ovulates?

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#33 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
Ugh! I wonder why it's progressing so nicely, but accompanied by bleeding? So frustrating!! I hope this time is different! Keep us posted!

Just out of curiosity - no judging, but how many FRERs do you go thru a month? Do you buy them online? They seem so expensive to me! I guess they aren't that bad, but still!! If I were using 5-6 every month, I'd think it would add up pretty quickly!
I don't know. I seem to spot but keep progressing with the pregnancy for a while. Eventually the hcg goes down but the spotting is like advanced warning. I don't get it.

Yeah, me and my FRERs. I can get a 3 pack for about $12 and I get them locally. I don't serial test with FRERs unless I see a line on a cheapie first so I don't actually use them every cycle. Although, two cycles I was out of cheapies and had a FRER on hand to use first. Edited to add: I don't spend much money on myself in other areas... I don't drink coffee/eat out/things of that sort that a lot of people spend about the same amount of money on every day -- so that is how I justify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
@jenjy wow, that's the most beautiful picture I've seen all day! I'm SO happy for you I could cry! I really hope the spotting is nothing. I'm praying/wishing/crossing my fingers for you. All of it. I hope that's ok with you, because I'm doing it...it's happening.
Aw, bren! I'm laughing and crying at the same time! Yes, of course it's ok. So sweet, thank you!
bren94 likes this.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).

Last edited by jenjy; 06-03-2014 at 10:50 AM.
#34 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for all the welcomes. I appreciate it!

AF started today - about 30 minutes ago. I hate her.

I'm at work and all I want to do is go home, lay down, and cry.

But I suppose I can only buck up and hope for better next month.

I just really wanted this to be my time.

I hope better luck comes to all of you!

#35 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@EdenAurora Congrats H&H nine months
@discalceata Welcome to the board
@Stella854 Welcome to the board
@alivewithyou Looks like you should O soon but I'm not sure if I would call that a positive just yet
@jenjy Fingers crossed everything turns out ok

AFM - I got a neg on my OPK last night but I'm not surprised by that. I'm expecting to O towards the end of the week or this weekend at the latest.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#36 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Quick question...what do people mean by "a stronger ovulation"? Example, some people take ovulation dugs (clomid, femara) when they already ovulate regularly. I've heard people say "for a stronger ovulation." What does that mean?
@alivewithyou What does you doctor say about this? What are the benefits of taking ovulation inducers when one already ovulates?
I'd like to know more about this as well. My BBT chart looks like I ovulate, my CM cycles like it should, I get perfectly regular periods, but I'm about to start Clomid on the doc's recommendation. I don't fully understand what "stronger ovulation" quite means either and would love more info.

And thanks for the welcomes, everyone!
#37 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
I'd like to know more about this as well. My BBT chart looks like I ovulate, my CM cycles like it should, I get perfectly regular periods, but I'm about to start Clomid on the doc's recommendation. I don't fully understand what "stronger ovulation" quite means either and would love more info.

And thanks for the welcomes, everyone!
When I was TTC my first, same thing. I had at least 6 months worth of charts, all indicating that I O'd regularly. But my dr have me clomid anyway. Got pregnant on it, but I don't think I needed it. I've had two more children since then, without it. And pregnant several other times without it. Just wonder what the benefits could be!

05/14
#38 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
From what I understand the intent of my doctor is to move my ovulation up because my earliest ovulation has been cd20 and everything else has usually been much later. This last cycle I had was anovulatory. So far I'm on cd18 and still no ovulation. I had crazy amounts of cramping so hopefully soon and hopefully it's not a cyst or something bad.
#39 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 01:58 PM

My RE's office finally called back. Having ovarian function testing done tomorrow (blood work and ultrasound).
ayme371 and dmariev like this.
#40 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
I still check in as well! A lot of new people but I like to check up on the ladies who were here supporting me! I'm too rooting for you all! I just don't really post bc I don't want it to be like a slap in the face! I still don't feel in the clear until I hit 13 weeks though.
dmariev likes this.
#41 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I still check in as well! A lot of new people but I like to check up on the ladies who were here supporting me! I'm too rooting for you all! I just don't really post bc I don't want it to be like a slap in the face! I still don't feel in the clear until I hit 13 weeks though.
OMG! I saw your name and got scared you were back for some awful reason! Thank God that's not the case!
#42 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
I still check in as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, but especially @alivewithyou and @rosie2727
dmariev likes this.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#43 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
My RE's office finally called back. Having ovarian function testing done tomorrow (blood work and ultrasound).
Ah, that's great rosie! So glad they are moving on this.
dmariev likes this.

#44 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 04:01 PM

Ahhhh thx Rosie for your concern! I'm good! 12 weeks tomorrow. But my mc was at 12 weeks on the day so I'm nervous.
#45 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
@SeattleRain : sorry af showed up. It sounds like you have a good plan moving forward though.
@bren94 : I'm sorry your DH is being hot and cold. Does he expect you guys to use protection going forward or does he just want to stop "trying". Does he realize how tough that is for us to do?! ha ha
@jenjy : I'm happy to see our lines getting so dark but I'm sad to hear you are spotting. I'm hoping the best for you.
@Stella854 : sorry to hear af found you. it really is so tough building up the anticipation month after month. I wish I could just not care.
@Anna1979 : Fingers crossed you O soon. I know what it's like to know it's coming but to not know exactly when ha ha.
@rosie2727 : Good luck with your testing tomorrow. i hope you are able to get some answers.
@apeydef , @badwolf092087 : thank you for your support! means a lot! I secretly (ha ha!) follow along on the grad thread still to make sure you all are doing well.

AFM:

Here is my progression for my ovulation sticks. I would say tonight's looks positive based on my research. Hoping my temps agree with me. I have had some very intense cramping today again.

dmariev likes this.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#46 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I just wanted to welcome the new folks...Hope your stay is short and sweet!

@jeny j...keep focusing on the positive tests, as difficult as it is to ignore the red stuff. It makes me wonder how and why some women never miss AF and yet they have a healthy baby

@bren94 ...good to hear that your thinking about trying this cycle...and nothing wrong with a little seduction, at just the right time, and also when it's not the perfect time. When I got a super dark kine in march, although it was.gone by almost the next day, that month I had not done a good job of keeping up with FF and when I look back at our BD timing it was not even close to when i should have O'd, based on prior months, so either DH has super swimmers or I ovulated much earlier than I expected to O. So my point is that you never know what may happen when your least expecting it. Enjoy the unstressed month and BD often.

@rosie I too wonder what a stronger ovulation means. Will Google later. .

@dvmarie, edblove, apeydef, badwolf and other grads thank you for your support and encouraging words. It makes me feel like it is really possible for me to graduate ! Please keep us posted on your progress.

AFM ...feeling a little better today and bleeding is slowing down. Energy still sucks. It's weird that in march my BFP was super strong but got through it like most other AF. This month my line never got dark and I've had horrible cramps, crazy emotions, super loads of bleeding, and I feel horrid. Could it be possible that I didnt fully miscarry the previous month and this month I'm getting a double whammy? And wouldn't you think that would cause some sort of problem, an infection of some.sort?IDK...JUST KNOW THAT IT SUCKS. I REALLY FELT LIKE IT WAS OUR KEENER MONTH.: (

LET'S KEEP THE POSITIVE ENERGY BREWING! Need to remind myself not to give up. Our little soul is out there waiting to join our family. JUNE IS WAITING FOR BFPS GALORE!
dmariev likes this.
#47 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
@SeattleRain : sorry af showed up. It sounds like you have a good plan moving forward though.
@bren94 : I'm sorry your DH is being hot and cold. Does he expect you guys to use protection going forward or does he just want to stop "trying". Does he realize how tough that is for us to do?! ha ha
@jenjy : I'm happy to see our lines getting so dark but I'm sad to hear you are spotting. I'm hoping the best for you.
@Stella854 : sorry to hear af found you. it really is so tough building up the anticipation month after month. I wish I could just not care.
@Anna1979 : Fingers crossed you O soon. I know what it's like to know it's coming but to not know exactly when ha ha.
@rosie2727 : Good luck with your testing tomorrow. i hope you are able to get some answers.
@apeydef , @badwolf092087 : thank you for your support! means a lot! I secretly (ha ha!) follow along on the grad thread still to make sure you all are doing well.

AFM:

Here is my progression for my ovulation sticks. I would say tonight's looks positive based on my research. Hoping my temps agree with me. I have had some very intense cramping today again.

I'm calling the bottom one positive. Bring out the candles and enjoy!
dmariev likes this.
#48 of 461 Old 06-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post

AFM:

Thank you for your support as well! That's so sweet you check in on us! I'm always rooting for you!
dmariev likes this.
#49 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 03:09 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi everyone, is it too late to jump in? I'm not actually new to MDC but starting over with a new username for a load of reasons. It's my first cycle TTC after a strange twisty road of waiting, but hey, got here in the end! I think I O'd on either Sunday or Monday so I'm just trying to stay cool and not overthink everything. Luckily I have a lot on in the next few weeks (hiking holiday, 6 months' post-elopement party, work chaos) to keep my mind busy. :-)
#50 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Last night me and my hubby decided we needed time out/where we didn't talk about all of this. We decided to go out for dinner and a movie. It was really nice to get away.

Tomorrow is our follow-up appointment. Super nervous right now.

Thanks @bren94 . I am so sorry your husband is going back and forth.

So sorry to hear about your red spotting @jenjy . Hugs hun!

Hi @rosie2727 . Good luck on your testing dear

Sorry to hear about AF finding you @Stella854 . Hugs hun! It is never easy when AF shows up.

Hi @Anna1979 , hope you O soon

Hi @discalceata

Hope you O soon @alivewithyou

Glad to see you are still around, @apeydef

So happy to see you checking in, @badwolf092087

Sorry you are not feeling very good right now @ayme371

It is never too late to join in @perkier . Hi and welcome! Glad you have been able to keep your mind busy. That is important.
dmariev likes this.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#51 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 09:55 AM

rosie, I hope all goes well today!!

Thank you, alive! The OPK progression looks great! Hoping your temp shoots up tomorrow!!

ayme, thanks! It's true spotting can be normal -- just not for me. Hoping this time is an exception!! I'm sorry this AF has been brutal. While it's possible to not fully miscarry, I think you would have continued to get lines. I think you said it went negative after the positives last cycle -- so I *think* you probably are having a harder time this time instead maybe due to hormones getting more out of whack? I don't know. I just know I'm sorry to hear it's been lousy.

Hello, perkier - thanks for joining us and good luck!

Thank you, tinytina! I'm glad you and your DH had a nice night out. That sounds very lovely. What movie did you see? Is tomorrow the appointment where you will discuss your options going forward?

AFM: I'm taking a sigh of relief this morning as my spotting turned more brown than red this morning. Also, my test is as dark as I expected it to be by now based on the previous progression. I'm not out of the woods yet, since in the past I've had red go to brown then actually go away, only to start spotting back up later. But I am finding it easier to relax now anyway.

#52 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 10:24 AM

@jenjy I was wondering what today would bring you. Hopefully nothing but better signs!

Had my US and blood work. They told me to call in a week for the results. But my RE did the US himself and he said my ovaries look great. Perfect size and he quit counting follicles after he hit 7-8 on each side. He said based just on this, he suspects my ovarian function is normal. So that was encouraging.

I also asked what is an avg no of times a woman has early losses like mine before they have a baby. He said 2-3 is pretty avg. 7-8 is rare. He said if I truly want another to keep TTC and it will happen eventually. Idk what that ectopic would have done if it had made it's way down the tube...so to count that one or not? Without it, I've had 3 chems in 8 months. Surely I'm almost there!!! You too jenjy!
dmariev likes this.

05/14
#53 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@jenjy I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hang in there, girl!

@rosie2727 that is so reassuring to hear, I'm sure! So glad things are looking good in that department.

@tinytina I'm glad you got some laid back time with DH. I could probably use some of that myself. I hope all goes well at your follow-up.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#54 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 01:04 PM

Well, I just got back from the pharmacy with 10 clomiphene pills, a box of ovulation predictor strips, some Pre-Seed with applicators, and a bottle of generic tussin. Bring on Aunt Flo and let's do this!

Eep. It just feels so much more real now. I'm askeered.
#55 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Also, a sidenote - is anyone else completely horrified by the ingredients in Robitussen? I almost didn't buy it. I haven't had high-fructose corn syrup in like eight years. But I guess a little bit to help my CM won't hurt me…
#56 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Also, a sidenote - is anyone else completely horrified by the ingredients in Robitussen? I almost didn't buy it. I haven't had high-fructose corn syrup in like eight years. But I guess a little bit to help my CM won't hurt me…
This will freak some ppl out, but I could care less about ingredients. That being said, I'm not worried about it....but if it bothers you that much, I truly believe pre seed will do the trick. I know lots of ladies that have had success with it!

05/14
#57 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 01:39 PM

Thanks. I'm doing the Pre-Seed and the 'tussin both, since I'll be on 100 mg of clomiphene and I don't usually get too crazy-lubed up to begin with. Might as well do it all - go big or go home, right?
#58 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 05:03 PM

Oh @rosie2727 !!!! What a wonderful and encouraging appointment! I'm so glad he saw all good stuff on the US. Oh my gosh! What a relief!! And wow -- 2-3 losses are pretty average! I so wish loss wasn't part of the package, but that is kind of like an amazing wake-up call to realize we are not malfunctioning!! That really rekindles the hope! You can do this, rosie!

#59 of 461 Old 06-04-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Oh @rosie2727 !!!! What a wonderful and encouraging appointment! I'm so glad he saw all good stuff on the US. Oh my gosh! What a relief!! And wow -- 2-3 losses are pretty average! I so wish loss wasn't part of the package, but that is kind of like an amazing wake-up call to realize we are not malfunctioning!! That really rekindles the hope! You can do this, rosie!
You too momma!! We have got to be getting close!

AND my Ubiquinol came in the mail today!! Time to make some healthier eggs!

05/14
#60 of 461 Old 06-05-2014, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 219 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Things are crazy. The community in which we were suppose to go for our appointment is dealing with a man hunt for a cop killer. They are locking down the city. They just called from the clinic to reschedule our clinic (we were going to call and reschedule anyway). So our appointment is next Thursday. I just hope we have enough time to try to start next cycle. This has got me freaked out- this has hit way too close to home and I am questioning our ability to stay safe and to keep our children safe in this crazy world.

Hi @jenjy hope you can relax dear and that your spotting stops. We went to see Million Ways to Die in the West (husband's choice, and it was bad). Yes our appointment is to discuss our options and hopefully decide on our next course of action.

Glad your appointment went so well, @rosie2727 .

Thanks @bren94
@discalceata seems like you have a plan in place

Hi to everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page