~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#91 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I know.. (about the summertime sperm), right? I really want to see the science but the study was *just* published. The notification comes as part of my continuing education emails so I couldn't just ignore it.
The biggest shocker for me in that whole article was that only 4% of sperm have to be normal for things to be considered A-OK. Talk about shooting low (pun?) in terms of quality! That threshold *must* be set by a man. Just gotta be.
#92 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
@jenjy : I still think your lines look good. I'm sending you as many good vibes as I can muster. I hope this is it for you. You are making me scared to get pregnant because I hated the POAS stage.. sucked so bad.
@jennsies : It scares me how much I know and how much doctor's don't know. To be completely honest, I usually just trick doctors into giving me what I need. It's easier. Sounds bad, but it's kind of true. I'm happy about your DH's results. We should probably get my husband checked soon just to be on the safe side. I think we are planning on next month for that and for me to do a HSG if I don't get pregnant. so I am really hoping I do because I am terrified of the HSG. Good luck and I hope your temps normalize for you.

AFM: I just got back from the doctors and we did not check progesterone. They went to draw blood and I said "It really is a waste of time because I'm only 3 DPO but just go ahead" and they decided to actually talk it over. I overheard one of the nurses saying "Well, if she hasn't gotten a positive surge then we should just check." That's when I walked around the corner and informed her that I had two positives and showed her my chart. She immediately agreed I should get checked at 7 DPO next week. A little frustrating but glad to know that not all of the nurses there are completely clueless. Kind of a waste but I was able to visit my grandparents who are close to the clinic so that was fun. Now I am at home cleaning and doing laundry since DH is stuck in perpetual overtime. Gotta pay for all this crap that keeps happening in our lives.

Oh on a happy note, I have 3 temps way above coverline so ovulation is confirmed! Woot!

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#93 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
@jennsies Good to hear from you!! Glad hubby's sperm is looking good. Hope you O on schedule.
@jenjy Your lines still look good. I'm holding onto hope for you.
@alivewithyou Good for you! Sometimes medical professionals need to be put in their place, they need to remember not everyone is the same and that you know your body better than them. I'm really glad you showed her you knew what you were talking about.

AFM, I caved and bought an OPK. I got sick of the guessing game. I took it last night and got the smiley face that indicates peak ovulation so I figured "ok, I ovulated today!" BD'd with DH (although he pulled and prayed, grrr) and figured I had as much coverage as I was gonna get. This morning I temped and there was NO shift whatsoever! So I have no clue what's happening. Maybe I'm going to O today? Yeesh this fertility crap is complicated! Hopefully I have enough lil swimmers in there to catch an egg whenever she decides to descend from her throne. Lol I have no idea why I'm using these disturbing metaphors. Sorry if this post was oddly graphic! I feel I can be my strange self with you ladies Hope everyone is well. Have peaceful weekends!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#94 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 03:01 PM

@bren94 .. ha ha ha! I can totally relate to the annoyance that is ovulation. Most months I would ovulate the day of my 2nd positive opk. this time i had a peak reading on a digital (hate those things by the way) then a few days later i had two more positives just reading the lines on the digital sticks.. which by the way they totally match the cheapie opk lines for me. I still had one more day before my temp finally shifted. So i had two positive, one day of a negative, and THEN i shifted. just be patient and keeping BDing as often as you can. It will happen. I would also recommend tracking CM because that helps me know when O is coming as well.

My chart -

#95 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I am so happy to have your support and encouragement! I promise to write personals, but I had to jump on quickly to say that I had a truly lovely day with my family. And I did not spot all day (after that first initial bit), and I did not dwell on the test this morning, and I did not worry. I just enjoyed my day. And then of course all my calm zen went out the window eventually and I just had to test again this evening.

I don't know what is going on. I have never experienced such weirdness on FRERs. This pic at 10 minutes is the test I just took and it is a beautiful line. I 100% did not expect this. I'm so confused and trying to figure out if I can give myself permission to get excited...

I assure you all I will NOT be testing on a FRER tomorrow.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16DPO_evening_smaller.jpg (28.5 KB, 76 views)
tinytina and badwolf092087 like this.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#96 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Talking Wow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
I am so happy to have your support and encouragement! I promise to write personals, but I had to jump on quickly to say that I had a truly lovely day with my family. And I did not spot all day (after that first initial bit), and I did not dwell on the test this morning, and I did not worry. I just enjoyed my day. And then of course all my calm zen went out the window eventually and I just had to test again this evening.

I don't know what is going on. I have never experienced such weirdness on FRERs. This pic at 10 minutes is the test I just took and it is a beautiful line. I 100% did not expect this. I'm so confused and trying to figure out if I can give myself permission to get excited...

@jenjy ...your line looks awesome! I'd say, go ahead and get excited! I really have a good feeling about this one for you! So I'm giving you a bib FAT CONGRATULATIONS! !!
So happy for you. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and try to relax. That little bean your growing will soon be a wonderful addition to your family!

Hoping everyone else is doing great. I'll be back for personals tomorrow. I've got a little seducing to do myself.lol! @bren94 . .go get him. Don't let that bugger pull away, how strong are your legs..wrap 'Em tight!!!.lmao
#97 of 461 Old 06-07-2014, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:

Now THAT'S a line!!! Yee haw!
#98 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 AM

@jennsies , that is great about the SA analysis!! I hope you O earlier this cycle... I know my OPKs will start getting darker as I am getting closer to O, so hopefully your OPKs will give you some indication. Or like you said, just going for every other day will cover your bases regardless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
Talk about shooting low (pun?) in terms of quality! That threshold *must* be set by a man. Just gotta be.
heehee *smirk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
@jenjy : I still think your lines look good. I'm sending you as many good vibes as I can muster. I hope this is it for you. You are making me scared to get pregnant because I hated the POAS stage.. sucked so bad.
I know -- it's just so hugely uncertain, especially after having experienced loss as we have. I would hypocritically recommend not to test as often as I have once you do get your BFP (this cycle, hopefully ) -- I am driven by this obsessive need to know as SOON as possible if things are going badly and I want to stop progesterone as soon as it is not needed. But instead, I'm sitting here as uncertain as I would be if I weren't testing at all. As for the bloodwork, it's good that you were able to talk sense into them! So 7DPO will be in a few days, right? Hoping for great numbers! And I'm so glad you have confirmation of O! Yay!

@bren94 , I just looked back at a bunch of my past charts and only found one where I O'd the same day as a positive OPK. All the rest were the day after. There was once when I had multiple positives for days and didn't O until after the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
@jenjy ...your line looks awesome! I'd say, go ahead and get excited! I really have a good feeling about this one for you! So I'm giving you a bib FAT CONGRATULATIONS! !!
So happy for you. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and try to relax. That little bean your growing will soon be a wonderful addition to your family!
@ayme371 , Aw, thank you so much for that!

Quote:
@bren94 . .go get him. Don't let that bugger pull away, how strong are your legs..wrap 'Em tight!!!.lmao
Well that's one way to approach it... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
Now THAT'S a line!!! Yee haw!
Thank you!

AFM I had a little bit of brown spotting but I did not test.

#99 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 09:14 AM

@jenjy : I can't honestly say for sure how I'll react if i get another BFP. I'm sure I'll be nervous but I think I'll try to stay as distracted as possible. I'm hoping that this time I'll just have a better gut feeling. Last time I really didn't. Can't wait to get your numbers back and I hope they are great. Your test was very encouraging though.

My chart -

#100 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you always said you get lighter tests in the morning?
#101 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeydef View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you always said you get lighter tests in the morning?
Nope, surely that's not me. I have always had consistently darker and darker tests regardless of time taken as hcg goes up, and then consistently lighter and lighter tests as the hcg goes down. The only time that I had a variation was a slightly lighter test in the evening of 11DPO during my pregnancy earlier this year but then tested darker the next morning (and it kept going darker for a while until the hcg started dropping days later). I also had tests that stayed sort of consistently faint for a few days during my chemical last summer. (To clarify to make sure I'm not confusing anybody: yes, in my previous experiences, my tests would be lighter in the morning than they would be later that day --- but the morning tests would be darker than they were the day before, which is the key difference here.)

So yeah, this is very weird.

Last edited by jenjy; 06-08-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: clarification
#102 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@jenjy - That line looks great!!! Drop the FRERs and back away. You'll know soon enough if something isn't right and you are going to drive yourself insane. You don't want any added stress anyway right now. I know I'm also being hypocritical because I'm a worry wart, but my advice is just assume everything will work out just fine and act as such. I'm sure the tests can fluctuate purely by how concentrated your urine is. But that line is most definitely a big fat positive.
Unfortunately nothing about my cycle is predictable, even the OPKs. I've had months where I only get positives with FMU (which you aren't supposed to use), sometimes I've gotten the positives clearly days AFTER my temp shift, last month my fertility monitor never gave me a positive whatsoever, and it looks like I O'd on my chart. I wish it was as easy as it getting darker and darker then positive then O. My body is so weird. We'll see though

@Bren ...the peak just means your O is coming, not that it already happened. So it can give you a positive and you still might not O for a day or two. It picks up LH hormone, which is the hormone that signals the ovary to Ovulate. You will start detecting the hormone before it tells the egg it's go time. I bet you get your temp shift this morning or tomorrow morning.

AFM, not much to report, I'm on cd11. My temp was really high this morning but it is a throw out because I partied it up yesterday. Went to a birthday party all day and went to my friends pole dancing recital at a bar last night. Drank more than my fair share, which always spikes up my temp. If I have over about 2 drinks, my temp is ruined the next day. Oh well, it was worth it. But, no signs of O anyway...very faint line on OPK, low on fertility monitor and I'm as dry as a desert down yonder. Hopefully things will start picking up soon! The earliest I've O'd this whole year has been cd17, so I most likely have a good week to wait.
#103 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 11:14 AM

@jennsies , I know. I am probably driving everyone here crazy with my relentless testing. The thing is, I have spotted. I only spot in miscarriages (5 so far). So it's hard to just relax. But I will absolutely try. I am going to have another wonderful day today with my family, so that helps keep me distracted.

That is very frustrating that your OPKs don't give you a good indication. Just curious, what brand are you using?

#104 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@jenjy - Oh, I doubt you're driving anyone here crazy, just yourself. I can understand, I'd probably do the same thing. Just remember it won't make a difference whether you test or not. But stress is bad for both you and baby, so just go have a great time with your family.

I've used several different kinds of OPKs. Right now I have the wondfos because they are the cheapest I could find online and my cycles have been so long I go through a ton of them, especially because I test 2x/day when I think I'm getting close. I also use the clear blue easy fertility monitor. I was pretty unhappy with it last month not giving me a peak the entire month. I have no clue why my body just won't follow any of the rules, even with OPKs, BBT, the monitor, and checking CM, I usually left confused every month and am often not positive if I've O'd or not. Usually I can tell that it's more than likely I have, but usually a rogue temp will throw off the software I use and it won't give me my egg. I just have to remember that the software does not actually know if I've ovulated or not, and if I get a pattern of higher temps it's most likely I have. I haven't always timed sex the best either because my cycle has been so random. I've O'd anywhere from c17-cd25 and my cycles have been anywhere from 31-38 days. I'm hoping that the B6 was messing things up and it will even out a little now, but I have no clue...this is my first cycle without it. I haven't even taken my prenatal because I wanted to make sure it was all out of my system and then I'll start them again after I O. We'll see, I never know what's going to happen!
#105 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 PM

Cool Did I go a little too far???

@jeny j... oops did that come across a little wrong...was kinda just being silly. Obviously no the best approach to take when thinking about conceiving, hope I didn't offend. How your day is going well. BIG FX for you!

@bren94 I really hope that wrapping your legs comment didn't offend you. Just being a little silly. Thinking what I would like to do... I've been that situation..actually it's been pretty much the exact spot myself (its hard, I'm not far from there now, DH has many of the same fears as your DH), I've also hoped a.few of the little guys escaped as well.
On a side note...it's crazy how you hear about some women who don't even have real s.. but the swimmers are close to the starting gate, so the stories go, and they end up prego. Honestly, i hope I didn't offend you.

@, anyone. ...Hope your all having a great day and staying positive. ..I soooo should be outside working in the yard....gotta work on not getting sidetracked. ..

..BUT JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY OPINION ON THE MATTER BELOW.....? Hope the analogy isn't too out there. Feeling a little silly today. Trying not to let stress enter my world..anyway, sidetracked ...AGAIN

****ANY THOUGHTS??? CURIOUS?
I've always wondered if that is possible. I would think they would at least have to be on the line to be in the race...but is it possible is there is truly no swimmers past the gate, just hanging out and looking at it...is it possible for a few to slide in ...and actually make it? Ok...is my silly analogy making any sense?

Please excuse typos..on phone and it doesn't like me

Last edited by ayme371; 06-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.
#106 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Forgive me, I'm on my phone and can't easily go back and write personals so I'm going to do my best! Just wanted to check in with my girls.

@ayme371 , you didn't offend me at all! You're hilarious. The past couple of days I've been wondering where my friend ayme has been! Hope you're well. Also I don't know about being able to get pg without penetration. I know my high school religion teacher told us it was possible but something tells me he was a bit biased.

@jenjy I hope everything is still looking good!

Afm, my temp actually went down a tad today so I guess I still haven't O'd...which is fine because it gives me plenty of time to cover all my bases. I've gotten a few days of BD in so I think I'm good. I head to NYC on Wednesday for a week long trip with my mom and I should be able to take an FRER when I'm back. I think this is the best coverage I've had since TTC so I have high hopes. Hope you're all well!
#107 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
@jeny j... oops did that come across a little wrong...was kinda just being silly.
No no! It was hilarious! I chose the smiley because if I had been drinking water at the time, my computer literally would have been sprayed. LOL!

I will come back for a proper post later! Hugs y'all!!

#108 of 461 Old 06-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Can I be added to the waiting to be ready please?
#109 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 AM

Talking Hi there...

I've been on my phone as well so it's hard to do personals, waiting for some repairs.
@ jenjy. ..glad you didn't spray the computer, honestly I think that may be one of the problems with my laptop....lol. Hope you've been feeling well. Interested to hear how your test results turn out and hoping it will bring some peace so you can get excited

@bren94 . ..been thinking of you as well. I'm happy to hear your seductive techniques worked and FX and toes too. Have fun in New York! Fun and a fee at what to keep your mind from obsessing.

I hope everyone is doing well and trying to relax and enjoy. This can all get so consuming and out of control. AFM...exactly what I'm trying not to do as well this cycle. Focus on my family, take good care of myself, get lots of chores done (should be done already, trying not to beat myself up about it). Just going to kick serious household chores in the a.. and enjoy LOTS OF BD time with DH. BREN...I think I'm a couple of cycle days behind you, FF says my window opens on Tues but practicing in the meantime...lol...Trying to be better about taking temps but it's been hot at night so I don't know if they are accutate. Thinking I may just forget about opk and focus on DH so the BD coverage will take care of itself. Anyone know anything about Dong Quai? I read some awesome things about it last night and I have a bottle so I may add it to my regular vitamins.

I'm reading, just trying not to obsess and relax and enjoy, while I get the mountains of chores done before DS is out of school for the summer!

FX AND TOES CROSS ED FOR EVERY ONE! Let's fill up that June BFP list!!!
#110 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
@jenjy Hope things are still looking good for you! If you keep testing and posting it may help me delay my urge to POAS before Thursday by giving me someone else's stuff to think about!

@bren94 Have fun in NY! Does your mom know you're TTC?

@ayme371 Supposedly one of my mom's friends conceived a son without 'doing anything', but I've always found it hard to believe, and figured that she was just embarrassed that we were all old enough to understand how babies were made.

AFM, I have come down with the worst hay fever I've had in years! It used to be brutal, but I cut out dairy and started acupuncture and it went away unless I literally laid down in a field of grass seed. But on Friday, it came on out of nowhere and is still attacking my face this morning. I'm trying to see it as some sort of sign, but am half worried (not really? A little?) that all the sneezing will dislodge anything that's trying to implant. And yes, I am finding my own worrying ridiculous.

Anyways, happy Monday ladies!
#111 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
@jenjy Just thinking about you! I hope your test line was crazy dark today (if you tested). Let us know as soon as you get your beta. Although, I know it's not as telling without another # to compare to....you must be half out of your mind!

Have you told DH yet? It kind of sucks that, for me anyway, the finding out you're pregnant part has lost some luster. It's no longer this exciting thing. It's just the beginning of the wait, wonder, and worry. I don't feel like I'll ever be excited again until I see a hb...
#112 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 08:16 AM

@perkier I haven't flat out told her but I know she has an idea as babies are all I seem to talk about. I'm not SUPER close to my mom so it's not something I'd really talk to her about until I actually get a BFP. She might be suspicious when I bring my prenatal vitamins along... I can relate to being concerned about such silly things. DH laid his head on my lower abdomen really hard yesterday and I freaked out lol. I don't even know what I thought could have happened? He popped the egg? Scared the sperm to death? LOL I have NO idea but during this sensitive time it's hard not to be overly protective of your womb. It's sacred ground.

@ayme371 good luck with your chores! I'm ignoring mine until they disappear

@jenjy thinking of you!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#113 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM

@alivewithyou I think most patients are un- or mis-informed. So doctors and nurses automatically assume they know more than we do. But if they'd take the time to listen....grrr!

@jennsies Yay for DH's good sample! So nice to remove some of the worry!

@bren94 I think someone else said it, but when you get peak reading on your OPKs, that means you're supposed to O in 24-36 hours. Since I started charting, my O always comes the day after my LH surge has been detected.

@ayme371 I would think that all swimmers would need to be at the starting line, and would have to cross the starting line in order to "be part of the race." They sure don't tell it like that in sex-ed! They make it sound like you'll end up pregnant if a penis is in the same room as your vagina!

@perkier I don't usually have bad allergies either, but mine have been awful for 4-5 days. We've been getting lots of rain though, so maybe the recent weather changes have stirred something up.

AFM: I should O this Sat it Sun. Time to conjure up some seduction!! I heard from my RE's office and they said my lab work came back and looked great. She said I'm nowhere near menopause!! So, between that and the US, it appears my ovaries are functioning perfectly fine!
tinytina and bren94 like this.
#114 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 09:11 AM

Idk Rosie, I got the positive OPK on Friday and my temp hasn't gone up since. But I'm assuming I O'd this weekend and I'm sticking to that!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#115 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Idk Rosie, I got the positive OPK on Friday and my temp hasn't gone up since. But I'm assuming I O'd this weekend and I'm sticking to that!
Well, if you got pos OPK on fri, then you might not have O'd til Sunday. But I would have expected a temp shift today if that were the case. Idk either....weird. Any chance you're not ovulating? How long have you been charting? And it could just be that you got one weird temp reading (today). Maybe after a few more days a clear pattern will emerge!
#116 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Looking back at my chart, I did get a temp rise on Saturday, but it went down a bit on Sunday and was exactly the same today. So maybe that was when I O'd. I hope I'm ovulating. This is my first month charting. Is it possible to get a pos OPK if I don't O?

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#117 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Looking back at my chart, I did get a temp rise on Saturday, but it went down a bit on Sunday and was exactly the same today. So maybe that was when I O'd. I hope I'm ovulating. This is my first month charting. Is it possible to get a pos OPK if I don't O?
it is possible to get a pos OPK and not ovulate. Your body can gear up to O, thus the LH surge, but for various reasons not produce an egg.

I'm sure in a few days it will be clearer. You probably are ovulating (ESP if you have regular cycles). I didn't mean to scare you!
#118 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 12:09 PM

@jenjy I have been stalking you ALL day!! Where are you? What's going on?!!??!!?!!?!! I'm certain I speak on behalf of many MDC users here!!
bren94 likes this.
#119 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 12:28 PM

Not gonna lie I feel a tad nervous! But you didn't scare me, don't worry. I hope I ovulate and there's nothing to worry about.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#120 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 12:56 PM

LOL @rosie2727 !!! I'm here! I just have been crazed with nonstop work since 6 a.m. But now I'm on a quick lunch, so here I am. I have not tested with a FRER since the last one I posted. No will power involved -- I just have no pregnancy tests left at all and have been too busy to buy more. So in desperation, I took an OPK today since they also detect hcg. The line was quite significantly darker than the control, so I must still have hcg around! My hcg typically drops like a rock once it does start going down, so I take this dark OPK as a good sign. Spotting has been very minimal. Just left a message with my doctor to remind him I still haven't received my beta from last Thursday. No way I can get to the lab for a repeat today, but will try for a repeat tomorrow.

I have loads to catch up on here! I will be able to this evening.

Hugs y'all!
tinytina and bren94 like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page