Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#121 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
LOL @rosie2727 !!! I'm here! I just have been crazed with nonstop work since 6 a.m. But now I'm on a quick lunch, so here I am. I have not tested with a FRER since the last one I posted. No will power involved -- I just have no pregnancy tests left at all and have been too busy to buy more. So in desperation, I took an OPK today since they also detect hcg. The line was quite significantly darker than the control, so I must still have hcg around! My hcg typically drops like a rock once it does start going down, so I take this dark OPK as a good sign. Spotting has been very minimal. Just left a message with my doctor to remind him I still haven't received my beta from last Thursday. No way I can get to the lab for a repeat today, but will try for a repeat tomorrow.

I have loads to catch up on here! I will be able to this evening.

Hugs y'all!
oh man! So no beta yet and no hopes of having a comparison number tomorrow! Ugh! You're killin me smalls!

That is really good about the OPK at least. I can't wait to find out more info!!
#122 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
OMG Dr just called ..my 14 dpo beta was 512.
#123 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but HOLY SHIT!! Soooo?? What next? Another draw tomorrow? Then we can expect those results by 4th of July? Lol! OMG!!! I can't wait to see what's gonna happen!! Your betas aren't usually that high are they? Fingers crossed!!! Maybe this is (finally) it!!
bren94 likes this.
#124 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Will do personals later but Jenjy that is awesome! I am so hoping this is it for you.
#125 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey hey - that is fantastic news!
Checked over at betabase and that kind of number makes me wonder if you might be getting a 2 for 1... ???????????

Also, I'd say that's a good reminder that the FRER has some wiggle room re line saturation. I bet you are just elated. As rosie said - what's next?
#126 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 04:25 PM

I think I'm just as excited and nervous for jenjy as I would be if this was myself! I have everything crossed for you on this momma!!
#127 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post
Hey hey - that is fantastic news!
Checked over at betabase and that kind of number makes me wonder if you might be getting a 2 for 1... ???????????

Also, I'd say that's a good reminder that the FRER has some wiggle room re line saturation. I bet you are just elated. As rosie said - what's next?
I wondered the same thing!! Then, of course, that led me away, thinking up all kinds of scenarios!
#128 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Oh my gosh you guys. Thank you so much. I made the poor guy repeat the number 5 times. It's a good thing I had the majority of my work done before I got that call, because I'm still in shock and can NOT focus on anything.

@alivewithyou , thank you!

@rosie2727 , thank you!! And yes, I set up to go in for a beta tomorrow... I gotta figure out how to STAT it!! No, never a number like this. My early numbers were OK earlier this year (I had ~100 at 13DPO earlier this year, but my doubling had slowed down by then and was probably only mid 100's by 14DPO... still a decent number for 14DPO but the doubling was not good. My m/c last fall didn't have early betas and by the time I started getting them after I started spotting at ~6 weeks, the hcg kept rising for nearly 2 weeks after that but they were low and slow. I don't know betas for the previous m/cs. Edited because my very first mc did have betas I think? but I don't remember them.)

Thank you @innacircle , and I'm thinking twins or lab error. (Lab error theory because that number matches no reality that makes sense to me.) I mean, that number is on the high side for triplets at 14dpo.

Maybe twins -- because if I have lost one, that could explain the spotting and the weird confusing tests. Surely I'm not the only one who has thought up that scenario after seeing that number and knowing the weird testing I've been having? Probably what happened, right? I need to stay real and NOT GET EXCITED about twins. I have wanted twins desperately my whole life.

I'm going to go in and do personals now. I'm sorry this was all about me!!

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).

Last edited by jenjy; 06-09-2014 at 04:54 PM.
#129 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Jenjy that is incredible news!! I can't wait to see the next number.
#130 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennsies View Post
I haven't always timed sex the best either because my cycle has been so random. I've O'd anywhere from c17-cd25 and my cycles have been anywhere from 31-38 days. I'm hoping that the B6 was messing things up and it will even out a little now, but I have no clue...this is my first cycle without it. I haven't even taken my prenatal because I wanted to make sure it was all out of my system and then I'll start them again after I O. We'll see, I never know what's going to happen!
Wow, jennsies, that is not fair about how OPKs treat you! I would say the good news is that it does sound like you do ovulate despite the tools and you have a pretty consistent 14 day LP? It's frustrating that you can't get good solid confirmation of O or a heads up when it's approaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
AFM...exactly what I'm trying not to do as well this cycle. Focus on my family, take good care of myself, get lots of chores done (should be done already, trying not to beat myself up about it). Just going to kick serious household chores in the a.. and enjoy LOTS OF BD time with DH. Trying to be better about taking temps but it's been hot at night so I don't know if they are accutate. Thinking I may just forget about opk and focus on DH so the BD coverage will take care of itself. Anyone know anything about Dong Quai? I read some awesome things about it last night and I have a bottle so I may add it to my regular vitamins.
I don't know anything about Dong Quai. Curious, what is it supposed to do? If you're up for temping, maybe may as well continue even though the weather is getting hot because you will still probably be able to spot trends? Hope your chore duty went well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
@jenjy Hope things are still looking good for you! If you keep testing and posting it may help me delay my urge to POAS before Thursday by giving me someone else's stuff to think about!
Ooh, how many DPO will you be by Thursday?? Exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
AFM, I have come down with the worst hay fever I've had in years! It used to be brutal, but I cut out dairy and started acupuncture and it went away unless I literally laid down in a field of grass seed. But on Friday, it came on out of nowhere and is still attacking my face this morning.
I had all sorts of my old issues crop up right before this BFP -- maybe it IS a sign of something (and you, too @rosie2727 , with your allergies popping up badly). I hope you feel better soon; it sounds miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
I can relate to being concerned about such silly things. DH laid his head on my lower abdomen really hard yesterday and I freaked out lol. I don't even know what I thought could have happened? He popped the egg? Scared the sperm to death? LOL I have NO idea but during this sensitive time it's hard not to be overly protective of your womb. It's sacred ground.
I can so relate to this, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
AFM: I should O this Sat it Sun. Time to conjure up some seduction!! I heard from my RE's office and they said my lab work came back and looked great. She said I'm nowhere near menopause!! So, between that and the US, it appears my ovaries are functioning perfectly fine!
That is a huge relief!! I am so happy to see your results were so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
I think I'm just as excited and nervous for jenjy as I would be if this was myself! I have everything crossed for you on this momma!!
Aw! Thank you!! Right back at you, rosie! I get so excited when good things are going on with you and I've been devastated when heartache has hit. I hope this next cycle is it for you!

@EdenAurora , thank you so much! How are things with you??

Thinking good thoughts for all of you here.

#131 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 06:22 PM

"Maybe twins -- because if I have lost one, that could explain the spotting and the weird confusing tests. Surely I'm not the only one who has thought up that scenario after seeing that number and knowing the weird testing I've been having? Probably what happened, right? I need to stay real and NOT GET EXCITED about twins. I have wanted twins desperately my whole life."

Hey, this entire possibility crossed my mind!! It could be....
#132 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 PM

Oh, and if you buy more FRER's in the meantime, jenjy, post pics!!
#133 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 06:36 PM

@bren94 : I know how frustrating it is to have your temps not do what you want to them. I'm sure you will O soon.
@perkier : I don't think you'll dislodge anything, but I'm sorry you are dealing with allergies. My husband has been hit pretty hard with it this year.. i'm having trouble sleeping at night because of his snoring lol.
@ayme371 : I like your attitude about trying to stay distracted and take care of yourself. that's my daily focus right now. "am I pregnant?" is always in the back of my head unfortunately but I'm trying to just focus on getting my body healthy and the rest will take care of itself.

hi @rosie2727 , @EdenAurora , @jennsies . Wishing everyone well!

AFM: 5 DPO today and not much to report really. I've been tired but I'm also trying to cut out junk food and bread so it may just be from that and the metformin dropping my blood sugar. Am I the only one that can't figure out their cervical position? I finally figured out mucus, but positioning is another story. It never feels closed... I can really only differentiate between high soft and low firm. I also read last night that sore nipples after ovulation is an indication of low progesterone. All these times I thought that it was a good sign for me and really it wasn't. The good news is this time I did not get them after ovulation. I've been a little achey here and there but nothing compared to what I used to get. I'm sure I will start to hit the impatient stage soon.. will try to hold out from testing as long as possible.

I also found out one of my friends miscarried on Saturday. I have mixed feelings. On one hand I am devastated for her. On the other hand, it is comforting (and i hope this doesn't sound messed up) to know that other people go through it too and that it's not just my body. We were talking about how it would be nice if we could just have an oops and have a healthy baby and my brother's girlfriend decided to chime in "Well, I was an accident. So it happens." Ha ha.. always saying the right things.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#134 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Maybe twins -- because if I have lost one, that could explain the spotting and the weird confusing tests.
- OR -
They could've implanted at diff times thus yielding fluctuating FRERs and multiple spotting occurrences.

If it IS twins, would that affect the progesterone dose you should be on?
#135 of 461 Old 06-09-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
I also found out one of my friends miscarried on Saturday. I have mixed feelings. On one hand I am devastated for her. On the other hand, it is comforting (and i hope this doesn't sound messed up) to know that other people go through it too and that it's not just my body.
I get it -- m/c can make a person feel so broken. Knowing it's a normal (albeit horrible) part of the journey can help ease that broken feeling a bit. I'm sorry about your friend.

As for cervical position -- I have no idea! That's one sign I've never tried following.

haha, rosie! I'll be by a Target tomorrow when I get my blood drawn, and I know it'll be impossible to resist buying more FRERs.

Inna, as much as that would be truly awesome, it doesn't seem likely that the tests would go lighter for a while if there are two happy healthy beans. (Assuming the FRERs were behaving.) I will make sure my prog is tested tomorrow.

#136 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi everyone,
Totally need to catch up. I needed a mental break for a couple days. Our appointment is Thursday.

Been working hard around the apartment- I sanded and painted a new rolling cart for our kitchen. I have been re-organzing the kitchen. Started clearing out the spare bedroom a bit. Hung a hook for a hanging basket on the deck. Today's project is to build a new dresser and sort/change-over our clothing.

Hi @jenjy - Wow! Hope you had fun with your family and are distracted at least for a little while dear. Excellent BETA numbers! Hope BETA #2 goes well too.

Hi @jennsies - you actually are tagging people, the list of possible names no longer comes up. The world definitely has become a scary place- I worry about whether I will be able to protect my children. Today is the funeral for the fallen police officers. They are televising it but I do not think I will be able to watch it. Glad your husband's SA was so good. Hope your cycle normalizes dear. Glad you went out and had fun

Interesting research @innacircle

Hi @alivewithyou . Glad you got to visit with your grandparents. Yipee for ovulation! Glad they listened to you finally at the clinic. Hugs-mixed feelings are hard to deal with but understandable.

Hi @bren94 - you are no more weird than any of us. The journey through fertility certainly is complicated. Hugs!

Hope your seduction went well @ayme371 . You are so funny! It definitely can get all consuming and mentally challenging. I have been working on household chores too

Hi @perkier - feel better hun (hay fever is horrible)

Hi @apeydef

Hi @rosie2727 , glad your ovaries are doing so well. Good luck on your seduction plan!

Hi @EdenAurora

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#137 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hello, ladies. I have been pretty busy with life here & am just catching up, but haven't had much to contribute.

I'm really happy for @jenjy with all those positive signs. One of the nice things about catching up all in one sitting is not having to wait between reading about the initial BFPs, and then getting all the way to the (huge) Bet. Hope it sticks!

And I wish luck to all the rest of you waiting/testing.

AFM: I need to be moved to TWW, as I'm 5 DPO, with good coverage around O. My temp spiked kinda slowly, and is now returning, though. Checking my older charts, that seems to be my pattern, so hopefully it's a good sign. Hard not to obsess about it, but it's way too early to test yet, so I'll just try to occupy myself with other things. Since this is my first cycle after IUD removal, I'm trying not to be too anxious yet. What's the earliest you all think is possible to get a BFP (or even a Faint P)? So much for not being anxious, lol.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#138 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
How exciting for you, @jenjy ! I hear you on the twincitement - I'm really crossing my fingers for twins, too.

I've just kinda been hanging out waiting for my period so I can start Clomid. Had a tattoo done yesterday, the outline and shading, and then she said her next availability to fill in the color is smack in the middle of my next fertile period on my first Clomid cycle! Ack. I made the appointment but am really hoping she gets a cancellation or something sooner. I want this tat done before I start the Clomid, or at least before I ovulate!

Anyone know anything about tattoos and fertility? I know not to get tats when pregnant because of the stress, but is it just as bad during ovulation?
#139 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
@alivewithyou I somehow intuitively just "got it" when I first checked CP. I googled how to do it and what it would feel like and then I did it just about every day until I O'd. It feels like a coin slot kind of? And closer to O it got harder to reach, squishier, and way more open. I hope that's helpful. I'd suggest just getting up there and getting familiar with it. lol sorry for the graphics.

@jenjy I'm so happy your beta was so high! I hope today's numbers are even better.

@Yaliina Good luck! I unfortunately couldn't tell you about the IUD but I just got off BC and had no luck the first month TTC but I had literally JUST gotten off of it not even a week before I O'd and it was a nuva ring so I know those hormones stay in your body for a little while. IUD's are completely different though obviously. Sorry I'm no help. EDIT: I read your post wrong and thought you meant when is the earliest you think you can get pregnant after IUD removal. Sorry! I bet you can get a slight P as early as 10dpo with an FRER but every woman is different!

@tinytina I hope your appointment goes well! I'm glad you're keeping busy, that helps me a lot. Thinking of you. Hugs.

AFM, I'd like to be moved to TWW for now because I had some pretty great coverage before O and I'm feeling hopeful. I honestly cannot wait to get home from NYC. I know I'm crazy for wanting a vacation to be over and done with before it even starts, but how hard is it going to be to focus on shopping and sightseeing when I know there's a pretty pink stick at home waiting for me to pee on it!? Very hard...for me anyway. But I'm so excited! Next Wednesday (when I return) I'll be 10dpo and I should be able to test. Woo! Hope everyone is doing really well.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015

Last edited by bren94; 06-10-2014 at 07:22 AM.
#140 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 AM

Thanks, @tinytina ! It sounds like you got a whole lot done over the weekend. I can understand the worry of protecting your family. When it's overwhelming thinking of all the bad that happens, I try to think of all the good that my children experience.

@Yaliina , thanks! What's the earliest to test sort of depends on how you'll feel if you see a negative. And it also depends on how much you like to squint. I try to start no earlier than 8dpo. I don't mind seeing a negative at that point, because I know it's a pretty low chance of a positive. I've had positives as early as 9dpo but they are very faint at that point.

@discalceata , I don't know anything about tattoos and fertility. what did you get?

Thanks, @bren94 ! Enjoy and savor that vacation!

#141 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think it is time for me to move to the grad thread. I had my first beta draw yesterday morning and just got the results back. 2730! I'll have a second draw tomorrow morning.

My o date must be wrong. I have to be more like 18 or 19 dpo.

I'll still pop over here to read. I want to see all of you over on the grad thread soon!
tinytina and bren94 like this.
#142 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 10:06 AM

Keep getting hit with bouts of nausea today. starting to make me wonder even though it's way too early for implantation.
#143 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
@bren94 "kind of like a coin slot" is the best.description.ever. 10 points!

@jenjy fingers crossed for that second beta!

@tinytina small changes like a new cart for the kitchen can make such a difference! It's good to have some practical life things to concentrate on.

@EdenAurora congrats!! Hope to see you there!!

@alivewithyou It's so hard not to read everything as a sign! You never know though, I guess. How many DPO are you?

AFM, I'm now about 8 DPO and going to cave and test on Thurs since I'll be 10dpo, even though that's early. I just want to start peeing on stuff! I've had some weird cramping/dull then sharp pain on my right side since Sunday, not constant but really frequently coming and going, and tonight I've felt a little crampy generally. It could be anything though, trying not to get too hopeful about some random twinges.
#144 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Hey, what does "AFM" mean? I'm seeing it a lot in this thread but can't figure out its meaning, sorry!
#145 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Hey, what does "AFM" mean? I'm seeing it a lot in this thread but can't figure out its meaning, sorry!
As for me....let's ppl know you're fixing to update everyone on what's going in with you!
#146 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 05:21 PM

Right on, thanks!
#147 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! So much happened since last I logged on. The format change made it so I couldn't log in on my phone until I changed mobile browsers.

I'll keep it short and sadly impersonal since I can't hope to catch up, but I absolutely have to say congrats to @jenjy ! Super awesome news and I hope your bean (or beans, wow) continues to stick!

AFM, I'm in the <b>TWW</b> but I ovulated a bit late I think, for me at CD 13. We DTD CD 9 and I got my pos OPK on day 12. I'm thinking that is too early for anything. :-( BUT! Our RE consultation is next week so we can up the stakes soon. :-)
#148 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 PM

@tinytina : glad to see you back. breaks are good. sounds like you have been keeping yourself busy.
@Yaliina : I am 6 DPO today so we are pretty much cycle buddies. best of luck to you!
@discalceata : I have no idea about tattoos and fertility. I've been holding off on my next one until after I have a baby though..
@bren94 : I guess my problem is that i usually only check my cp after ovulation. I need to start doing it more regularly so I can see the difference. It always feels slightly open to me.. lol. I'm excited for you to test next week!
@EdenAurora : Awesome number! Please feel free to check back in here and let us know how you are doing.
@perkier : Another person I am fairly close in cycles with. I have had constant twinges and aches but now I'm pretty sure that mine are from my cysts. Last time I got pregnant I had twinges after ovulation pretty much constantly. I am only 6 DPO, 7DPO at best. I think my nausea is from cutting out carbs and being on my metformin.. making my blood sugar lower is probably making me a little ill. Almost had me running to the bathroom though. Never thought I would be hopeful about nausea.
@deserae : good luck in your tww! and yay for RE consultation. ever since we started seeing a specialist I am much happier. My specialist actually takes the time to message me and call me throughout my cycle. It's very comforting to know that I have options now.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#149 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Just popping in for a bit of two cents on tattoos. They don't contribute to infertility nor do they affect the growing child. The week I conceived the growing muffin, my sister and I went and got one together. All that happened is it took longer to heal then it normally would. As for during pregnancy, it is not recommended since it can look one way and then become something completely different before you have the baby.

Figured I'd pop in and let you ladies know. I was scared for no reason at all the week I got mine and then found out I was pregnant (and I already have a lot).

Anyways, *waves* hai everyone! Hope to see more of you in the Grad club soon.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#150 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 08:42 PM

@badwolf092087 - Thank you so much! That helps. I still hope she can do it sooner, but I'm glad to hear that. My main concern is that it does get my stress response up, as evidenced by the cold sores that have broken out across my lip the day after (my usual reaction to illness or physical stress). I definitely had the cortisol pumping and my pain response flowing while it was going on. It just seems that would be bad for the baby. But I think you're right, pre-implantation it's probably okay… still, I hope she can finish it sooner. I didn't realize I'd be cutting it this close.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page