~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#151 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Just wanted to come in and say thank you all again! I had my second beta today. I did pick up some FRERs and the line was definitely very dark.

Speaking of FRERs, I learned something about pricing today. The blood draw was by a Walgreens so I stopped there to get FRERs. They were 21$ for a 3-pack. Sticker shock. I went to Target instead (where I usually buy) where they were $12.99 for a 3-pack. I don't know how the prices vary regionally, but just a PSA to shop around and be careful with drug store pricing on those FRERs!

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#152 of 461 Old 06-10-2014, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Such awesome news on the new grads!!!

AFM just hanging around at CD 9. Am I the only one who finds pre-o to be more stressful than the tww? For the first half I'm stressed about whether or not I'll ovulate on time, or late or whatever and then when I get closer to o time I get stressed about the sex and the pressure it puts on DH. I'm relieved when I o and we can relax and just wait and see.

Me learning.gif+ DH hug.gif + kid.gifDaniel (7/5/10)
#153 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site! But I am hoping that I can join your forum! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for awhile now with no luck. We really thought it was going to happen this month as my period was 3 days late (my period is never late) and I seemed to be having symptoms...but alas AF showed up. I've been feeling a little discouraged and was just hoping to find some comfort! Looks like I came to the right place! Everyone seems so nice and willing to talk!
#154 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

Me 28, DH 30 wheelchair.gif, 2 Kitties cat.gifand working towards having Baby #1. 
#155 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

We both decided we weren't up to the dresser/clothing yesterday so instead we just hung out- very low-key and it was so nice.

I will update late tomorrow about our appointment.

Hi @Yaliina - try to distract yourself and relax a bit dear

Hope your period shows up so you can start Clomid, @discalceata

Thanks for the support @bren94 - starting to get nervous. Hope you relax and enjoy your vacation dear

Hope your next BETA goes well @jenjy

Awesome BETA test @EdenAurora

Sorry you are nauseous feeling @alivewithyou . Trust me, I haven't gone far. Just trying to make this apartment work for us. Also me and hubby have unwritten rule about Sunday mornings, we lounge in bed and spend time together- no cell phones, no computers. It's my favorite day

Fingers crossed @perkier

Hi @rosie2727 and @badwolf092087

Glad you are staying so positive @deserae and that you have an appointment soon

Hi @SeattleRain , love your attitude dear!

Hi and welcome @venuslady

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 wheelchair.gif, 2 Kitties cat.gifand working towards having Baby #1. 
#156 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
@SeattleRain I am on CD9 too!! I don't get stressed until about 5 days prior to O. Then I start worrying about timing. But it's gotten better the last few months. As long as we DTD one or 2 days prior to O, I feel good enough. And we DTD last night, so no worrying about all his sperm being dead by the time I O this weekend. Ok, I should admit it, I stress all the time!!

@EdenAurora Great beta!!! Congrats!! Hope this one sticks! What dpo was that beta?

@venuslady Hello and welcome! I understand your frustration! When I was TTC my first, it had been about 9 or 10 months of TTC. Finally, I was late!! But bfn. Still late a few days later. I just knew I was pregnant and was just waiting on the tests to get on board and figure it out. But no, period came a week late. I was so upset. But I did get pregnant either the next cycle or the one after that. So hang in there!

@tinytina Sounds like a relaxing day and I'm sure you two needed it. Sometimes it feels good to throw plans out the window and switch gears!

AFM: CD9 and just waiting on the egg to pop! Got my Ubiquinol last week and my PQQ a couple of days later. Hoping my eggs are all getting energized and healthy! Also, my middle child, Addie, turned 9 yesterday. Where did the time go?
#157 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 09:09 AM

@SeattleRain I lied....CD10 here! Lol!
#158 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Some advice with tests, ladies, since I'm a POAS virgin. Tomorrow's only 10dpo which I know is early. I have 3 FRERs (one a different brand) and 5 internet cheapies. Do I use a FRER, possibly wasting it because it's still early, or use one to have a better chance of something showing up?
#159 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
@rosie2727 I honestly have no idea. I thought I would have been 15 dpo on Monday but that can't be right. Lmp was 5/10 which would have made me 4 weeks 2 days when the draw was done. I thought I o'd on 5/25 (only +Opk on 5/24). I wasn't temping this month.

Initially I was excited about the high number but now I'm worried that something is wrong (molar pregnancy, chromosomal abnormalities).

I had another draw this morning and should have the results tomorrow morning. I don't think it would be twins. No family history on either side and no fertility meds.
#160 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
@badwolf092087 - Thank you so much! That helps. I still hope she can do it sooner, but I'm glad to hear that. My main concern is that it does get my stress response up, as evidenced by the cold sores that have broken out across my lip the day after (my usual reaction to illness or physical stress). I definitely had the cortisol pumping and my pain response flowing while it was going on. It just seems that would be bad for the baby. But I think you're right, pre-implantation it's probably okay… still, I hope she can finish it sooner. I didn't realize I'd be cutting it this close.
Where is the work being done? If it's back or stomach, it will cause more stress. If it's on an arm, not so much. Unless you're the type to freak out and over analyze (I'm that type), that is the only major way it causes stress besides healing.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#161 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM

@perkier I always used a cheapie first. If I saw a faint line, I would follow up with a FRER. I used SMU and peed in a little Dixie cup.
#162 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
Some advice with tests, ladies, since I'm a POAS virgin. Tomorrow's only 10dpo which I know is early. I have 3 FRERs (one a different brand) and 5 internet cheapies. Do I use a FRER, possibly wasting it because it's still early, or use one to have a better chance of something showing up?
it seems to me as though all tests now a days are able to pick it up by 10dpo. I'd use a cheapie and if you see a hint of a line, I'd follow up with FRER. But if you see nothing, I'd try a FRER anyway. Only if you don't mind seeing a bfn though. I hate it and get depressed, so I wait til day before AF is due if possible...
#163 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Just wanted to come in and say thank you all again! I had my second beta today. I did pick up some FRERs and the line was definitely very dark.

Speaking of FRERs, I learned something about pricing today. The blood draw was by a Walgreens so I stopped there to get FRERs. They were 21$ for a 3-pack. Sticker shock. I went to Target instead (where I usually buy) where they were $12.99 for a 3-pack. I don't know how the prices vary regionally, but just a PSA to shop around and be careful with drug store pricing on those FRERs!
I think everything is more expensive at drug stores! My DH once went and bought a bunch of toiletries, detergents, toilet paper, etc at Walgreens and I about came unhinged!! The markups are ridonkulous!

So, what are the chances of you getting your number back today? Any spotting today? Any symptoms?
#164 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
My progesterone is 13.1 at 7dpo. Thoughts?
#165 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
Where is the work being done? If it's back or stomach, it will cause more stress. If it's on an arm, not so much. Unless you're the type to freak out and over analyze (I'm that type), that is the only major way it causes stress besides healing.
It starts on my foot and goes up about 3/4 of the way to my knee. I don't freak out and overanalyze, but it hurt badly enough to get my heart racing, and I was trembling a bit when I left. Worth it in the end, but I don't want to do it around conception and risk a miscarriage or something. Argh.
#166 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
It starts on my foot and goes up about 3/4 of the way to my knee. I don't freak out and overanalyze, but it hurt badly enough to get my heart racing, and I was trembling a bit when I left. Worth it in the end, but I don't want to do it around conception and risk a miscarriage or something. Argh.
That won't risk miscarriage or anything, unless the people doing it don't use sterile materials. And a majority of inks are soy based these days. For the pain, have you tried numbing your leg beforehand? That's about the only thing that will help prior. They have a special numbing spray you can use.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 8 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#167 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
@jennsies YAY for healthy sperm. DH is going to be going to have his checked in the next week or so and he's a little worried about the results
@alivewithyou when I had my test done in December my 7DPO progesterone was 32.4
@rosie2727 So glad you got some good news from your RE

AFM I finally got a positive OPK over the weekend my temp spiked this morning although I have a feeling I O'd overnight between Monday and Tuesday since I was an emotional mess yesterday and that usually happens when I O. I'm just waiting to see what my temps do over the next few days. This is pretty late in my cycle for me to O and I'm worried that my LP will not be long enough. My naturopath wants me to get some additional tests done to check my antibodies and see where if there are any issues in that area as well as to have DH get a SA done so we know what we are dealing with.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#168 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf092087 View Post
That won't risk miscarriage or anything, unless the people doing it don't use sterile materials. And a majority of inks are soy based these days. For the pain, have you tried numbing your leg beforehand? That's about the only thing that will help prior. They have a special numbing spray you can use.
Good to know. I've heard that the numbing creams can mess up the color in the ink, but I'll ask my artist about the spray. Ordinarily I don't like that sort of thing and would rather face the pain and conquer it, but this might be a case for minimizing physical stress.

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm paranoid about miscarriage since both my pregnancies ended that way.
#169 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
@SeattleRain , I agree -- the pre-o part of the cycle is more stressful to me too.

@venuslady , welcome!

@tinytina , I hope the options that come up tomorrow sound good and everything goes well.. looking forward to hearing the update.

Yay @rosie2727 ! Go eggs! And happy birthday to your DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkier View Post
I agree with everyone else! Cheapie first! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
I
So, what are the chances of you getting your number back today? Any spotting today? Any symptoms?
No spotting for a while and pretty decent symptoms - I guess I feel pregnant, which is definitely a good sign. My dr's office called about something else about an hour ago and I about had a heart attack thinking it was the beta already. I'm seriously on edge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
My progesterone is 13.1 at 7dpo. Thoughts?
My understanding is that over 10 at 7dpo is fine, so that sounds pretty good.

@discalceata , hopefully the timing will work out and you'll get in earlier so you won't even have to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1979 View Post
This is pretty late in my cycle for me to O and I'm worried that my LP will not be long enough.
Hopefully everything just shifted and your LP will be ok. What CD are you?

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#170 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 03:06 PM

@jenjy I'm on CD17 and if my temps stay up FF will have me Oing on CD16. The latest I've O'd before has been CD14 and my LP is about 12 days.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#171 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM

Woot @rosie were cycle buddies!

#172 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
@SeattleRain I agree about the pre-O being more stressful than the TWW. I never know if and when I'm going to O, OPKs and my fertility monitor never give me a clear idea, my temps are so up and down sometimes I'm not even positive it happened, I have to keep having sex even if I don't feel like it because I'll be so mad at myself if I miss it. It's so stressful. The TWW is out of my hands. It either happens or doesn't and there's nothing more I can do about it. It's stressful but not as much.

I'll try and get to more personals tomorrow but the hubby and I are about to sit down to watch Breaking Bad. I'm at cd13 and as I just described above..nothing yet and who knows when it's coming. Nothing on the OPKs or monitor, although I'm getting some CM now, so that's something. Time to start the DTD marathon tonight I guess. My temps have been strangely high all cycle. Like half a degree higher than normal. Usually (I use that term loosely) my pre-O temps are in the low 97s and they rise to the high 97s-mid 98s post O. My pre-O temps have been in the high 97s this entire cycle. Today was 98.0. That's never happened. I have no clue why. I almost had a heart attack this morning thinking I missed my window because we haven't gotten busy in like a week...but I know I didn't, I've had no other symptoms. Anyhoo, that's about all going on around here. Work is hell this week, I just want it to be Friday already.
#173 of 461 Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 PM

@jennsies maybe the temps have to do with the summer temps? I've actually had sort of the opposite since we have AC in our bedroom. My post-o temps were pretty low last cycle and I think it has to do with us turning up the AC.

#174 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 AM

Just stalking @jenjy .....

Hoping and praying for a good solid number! Will you do another one today to see what it's done since Tuesday's draw?
#175 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 AM

Second beta results were 6167 for a doubling time of 40.83 hours.
tinytina and badwolf092087 like this.
#176 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post
I'd kill for betas like this! Sounds uh-mazing!!!
#177 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenAurora View Post
WOWZA

AFM - Well my temps shot up from 36.34 yesterday to 36.61 this am so I'm assuming I'm in the TWW.

#178 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 07:40 AM

Please move me to the TWW section

#179 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I've been MIA with posting but have been checking in the past month or so! I'm happy to see some good news popping up I'm sorry I'm terrible with personals...every time I check in I feel so out of the loop that I struggle to keep up with everyone's details...but I am happy to see good news rolling in for some of you! and it's always so uplifting to see the outpouring of support from such caring women.

AFM. Please move me to <TWO WEEK WAIT> (can't find the bold feature anymore?!) I'm at 3DPO, and this is my first cycle using an ovulation monitor so I feel very confident about our timing this cycle. If this month isn't it then my feeling is that nursing is throwing things off. We are down to 1-3 very short nursing sessions a day, and my supply is very low but I know the hormones can still make TTC difficult while nursing. So I'm crossing my fingers we get lucky this month

Good luck everyone
#180 of 461 Old 06-12-2014, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ladies?! Positive?!

Photo from about 10:30ish
The top one was dipped at 8am
The bottom one was dipped at about 10:25ish am when I saw the first one and I realized I hadn't thrown anything away.

Today is also the 28th day of my cycle.

I'm cautiously optimistic... this is my first positive EVER. I think?! Opinions?!?!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0682.jpg (134.2 KB, 84 views)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page