~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 134Likes

#241 of 461 Old 06-15-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
confusion

So I apologize in advance for the past about me...but I was totally reading my chart wrong .. I'm on CD 15 and just had a huge temp dip today. So does that mean if I have at least 3 high temps In A row, than that temp dip will be my ovulation day? If I knew how to link my chart I would. I thought I understood all this charting stuff but I'm clearly having a brain fart.
So in a nutshell...when I have the temp dip (followed by 3 high temp.days) than I ovulated on the day my temp dipped. If that is the case then what time of day did the egg drop? **reason I ask is because
I had all the fertile symptoms today and DTD early evening. So if my temp pops back up for 3 days, does that mean that I ovulated today and if so when(time of day) did that egg drop. I feel like such an idiot, my brain is mush. Or is the question more like how long is the egg any good once my temp drops?

I don't even know what I'm asking anymore....i guess..if my temp drop was today and I did O then is there any chance that DTD today could catch the egg?
👀😡 so please excuse the all about me post and the nonsense questions. I really think I've lost my mind. The more I read seems to be having an adverse affect on my ability to comprehend. ...thanks for any help...Hope you can make some sense out of my jibberish...
Moment of weakness...i just want to graduate already and join a ddc...and enjoy the wonder of growing a new bean with my DH..who is really half heartedly on board. I know he would be super excited if we do conceive and it sticks, just wary cause of the losses...i dont know...chalk it up to hormones...I'm a big mess...
Thanks again for answering of throwing some light on my charting 101 question. My brain has left the building.
#242 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Me and hubby went to the circus yesterday- it was a ton of fun.

Thanks for the advice/information @rosie2727 about ovulation tests. Hope you convinced hubby to DTD again.

Hope you are enjoying your time away @bren94 . Try to relax dear. Fingers crossed

Hope you had fun at the wedding @jennsies . Hope you are able to enjoy the camping trip next weekend. I am so sorry to hear about your weird cycles. I hope you can get some testing done. Your not whiny! Love the necklace.

Hi @discalceata and @apeydef

Glad you ovulated @SeattleRain . Stay positive dear.

Hope you get good news soon @perkier .

Thanks for the advice about ovulation tests @alivewithyou . I love your spirit and resilience dear. Glad you are staying so positive.

Hi @ayme371 - Sorry to hear about your husband's struggles. Hope you O soon. Thank you for your sweet comments. I am trying to stay positive and hopeful. I love your positive attitude. Sorry I have no real knowledge about charts. I know what you mean about wanting to just graduate already. I have moments of weakness like that too.

Hugs @jenjy !

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#243 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here Any status changes need? Please put changes in BOLD, thanks everyone!

#244 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
@Yaliina Have you tested yet?

@SeattleRain Did you feel like you got good coverage this weekend? Do you think you O'd yet?

@ayme371 Yes, dip then high temps = O on that dip. Usually. As far as what time of day? Wouldn't that be nice to know. But I don't think there's any way of knowing. DTD on O day is good, but kind of last ditch effort. Day prior to O is best. But lots of women claim to get pregnant from DTD on O day. The egg is alive for 12-24 hours.

AFM: hmmmm, big effing surprise here: I'm totally depressed and NOT happy with coverage. We DTD sat, but I got peak reading on my monitor last night. So we should have DTD last night. But my DH couldn't finish the job. So, I'm set to O today and we DTD 2 days ago. Not happy. I know this is decent coverage, but anything less than optimal is a fail in my book. I hate the world today and wish I could crawl under a rock.
#245 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

@SeattleRain Did you feel like you got good coverage this weekend? Do you think you O'd yet?

@ayme371 Yes, dip then high temps = O on that dip. Usually. As far as what time of day? Wouldn't that be nice to know. But I don't think there's any way of knowing. DTD on O day is good, but kind of last ditch effort. Day prior to O is best. But lots of women claim to get pregnant from DTD on O day. The egg is alive for 12-24 hours.

AFM: hmmmm, big effing surprise here: I'm totally depressed and NOT happy with coverage. We DTD sat, but I got peak reading on my monitor last night. So we should have DTD last night. But my DH couldn't finish the job. So, I'm set to O today and we DTD 2 days ago. Not happy. I know this is decent coverage, but anything less than optimal is a fail in my book. I hate the world today and wish I could crawl under a rock.
No! We literally only DTD Saturday night which was the 2nd of the two fertile CM days. Yesterday I had a temp dip which indicated that I was ovulating, but no CM so I think I must have ovulated early in the morning. Last night DH came home from a Father's Day beer garden and was a little too tired to DTD so we didn't. Basically, I feel like I had good coverage of that one day and that the timing was good, but I don't know if it was enough. Obviously if I had known I was going to O so early, I would have made DH rally Friday night when in first got the fertile CM.

Had a temp shift this morning so I guess I'm 1 DPO and in The TWW.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#246 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@Welhemina Welcome
@buthieki Welcome
@jenjy Sorry to hear that your levels weren't what you were hoping for but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will all work out
@Alive rwithyou YAYCongrats on your BFP

AFM - my temps are continuing to stay up but since I'm only 7DPO that's normal. I was able to get a requisition for the blood work my naturopath wants me to get done but it was a pain in the butt getting it. I go to a clinic so I have to see whichever Dr is on call that day. This time I saw one I had not seen before. He come in and didn't even introduce himself or ask my name just asked what I was there for. So I told him that my naturopath wanted me to get some testing done and gave him the letter form her with the tests listed. He started mumbling under his breath about how you can't trust these people (I assume he meant naturopaths) and how he didn't know what she would want them for. I told him that since we were working together on a number of issues and I trusted her and if she said the tests were necessary then I had no problem getting them. I know exactly why she wants these tests run but I have found its easier to not mention that they are regarding fertility since they seem to try and refuse to sign the requisition saying that there is no need for all this testing (I've had two MC within 5 months and I'm 35 so I don't want to waste time waiting for another MC for them to do testing). He demanded to know if she was a "real" dr I told him she was so he wanted to know why she didn't requisition the tests herself. I told him that she could but then I would have to pay for them out of pocket but when I go through my GP they are paid for by my provincial health care. Finally he gives me the requisition and good thing I'm in the habit of checking to make sure they have all the tests listed because he wrote out the requisition for a different patient named Anthony so I had to get him to re do it. Left feeling really frustrated but at least I will be getting my tests done.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#247 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
@Anna1979 - That sounds infuriating. Grrr. Glad you got what you needed though.

I started Clomid last night - on Father's Day. Yeesh! Hopefully that'll be a good omen. Today I feel slightly poisoned and listless. I should go to the gym and work it out but I just feel gross all over. Maybe I'll have a nice long walk instead.

I was supposed to get my blood drawn to check my FSH levels on CD3, but the lab was closed. They sent me all over the hospital (and I get REALLY stressed in hospitals) while everybody looked at me like I was an idiot, and finally I just went home. Now I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor if I have to schlep all the way across town on public transportation to test on CD4 today, or just go without the test. Given there was a 2-in-7 chance of CD3 falling on a weekend, you'd THINK she'd have mentioned what I should do if it happened. *grumblegrumble*
#248 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@alivewithyou and @jenjy - congratz! I hope this is your take home baby! @rosie2727 - I feel you with not being happy with your coverage. We did well up til the day we got the +opk, but our doc wanted us to do every other day from day 12 to day 18! Talk about a marathon.

discalceta - My doc had me do the CD3 lab work as well this past month, he told me if CD3 landed on the weekend to go to the lab on Monday. HTH. I was on clomid this month as well, not fun. I hope any side effects you get are very very mild.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM- please move me to waiting to know. I have the results of my CD3 lab work if anyone wants to chime in with their opinions of my numbers? I don't know what to make of them. TSH- 0.753 Prolactin- 7.9 FSH/LH 6.5/9.2. My appt is weds, but I'd like to know if I should be bracing myself for bad news? Got hubbys SA done, haven't heard back yet on that. The clinic said I'd have to wait for my appt b/c they don't give numbers over the phone. WTF people, I need to know this stuff! Anyways, on a good note, we did adopt a dog! Hes a 50lb plott hound/lab mix. He thinks hes a lap dog and loves to cuddle. He's 2.5 years old so we don't have to housetrain him HOORAY!! lol
I'm going to try to attach a pic. Not sure if it will work. We named him Castiel.
Random question: how important is it to bring up to my doc about my anxiety/depression? I think clomid made it worse, but it also could have been the stress of being on it, so I have no clue if its important or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140616_151625.jpg (158.7 KB, 6 views)

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#249 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 12:20 PM

Thank you

Quote:

@rosie ...get out from under that rock. Your coverage was good and you know some of those swimmers escaped even though DH didn't finish. And skipping a day is supposedly better as well, better concentration ow swimmers so the ones that did escape will be more highly concentrated. So I know you'd have liked to DTD last night but you did and I'm sure that a few got loose and the ones that did were super strong. Thank you for answering my question. I feel like an idiot now for asking. My brain was mush and I don't know how I forgot. I've got all fingers and toes crossed for you. It's your month to graduate and for it to stick.

@bren94 . ..Hope new York was awesome! And you were able to keep yourself occupied and testing was off your mind. I can't remember but you do come home today correct? Any idea when you'll be testing.

@tinytina . ..thanks again for doing an awesome job as thread keeper. Circus sounds like fun. I'm getting excited for you, it's right around the corner for you. And that babe is going to be one lucky one, with all the fun you and DH have, imagine how much a kiddo would enjoy!!! Always thinking of you.

@jennis ies. ..i hope you've had some luck with the wacky cycle and you can enjoy your camping trip this weekend.

@SeattleRain ...how was your coverage? Awesome that the egg dropped..FX Crossed

@ discalceata..how's the clomid doing? I've never been on it but I understand it can be brutal on your mood...not exactly what anyone needs who is already stressed out. FX that it works, once and done! Sorry I hadn't even really introduced myself but I've been meaning to..so...I have one DS who is 10(prior relationship) and I was married again on 2-4-11. I caught myself a younger one, he's 33 and I'm 41..Holy crap..i keep thinking 40...and that even sounds weird..I'm still a big kid myself and certainly don't feel my age. Just hope the eggs don't feel it either and we catch a golden one. My DH is on and off board with the baby making...He wants but is a typical man..scared, wants everything to be just right, etc. He is a great guy but struggles with anxiety already so baby makin, when life isn't perfect doesn't make the anxiety any easier. So, there is my tiny tidbit about me.

@jeny j. ..Curious about how things are going for you.GIANT FX...This is your month and there are lots of us to join you and alivewithyou at the ddc/grad thread!!!

@buthieki and welhemina...welcome...may your stay be short and sweet.

I know I've missed someone and I'm sorry. .still on my phone and it's hard to go back and please forgive the typos

AFM...This cycle has been really odd. My usual 31-32 day cycle is weird. FF had been finding my O at day 17 or 18, based mostly on opk and cm, cp. I've tried temping the last 2 months but I'm horrible at it. Either forget to take it or take it at different times in the cycle, I'm not sure reliable because of all my goof ups. But symptoms first started pointing towards O on cd 10, then 13, then 15 and I.think day 15 is going to be the day FF calls O. This month I didn't use opk at all and just tried to use temps and lots of BD(which should have been great and on my end it is but anxiety meds and libido don't work well together, it sucks...my normally insatiable man is less than interested) I think coverage is ok...my temp dropped big yesterday and DTD in the early evening(so that means that I O'd, as long as I have 3 days of high temps , correct?) today my temp spiked way up. No go for BD on sat, but we did BD on thurs and fri. I know sat would have been better, but trying to be positive, that means that the swimmers had time to gather forces for sunday..lol...any thoughts? I'm just worried about my age and hope that does not make it more of a challenge (although I'm sure it does). Would love to go to a neuropathy or see a TCM or get acupuncture, but money is tight and just can't right now. I'm taking supplements and the in some dong quai (read great things about this one). So FX that the eggs are still in great shape or at least there are a few golden eggs in there. I think I'll add royal jelly and pqq, maybe some maca and vitex for DH. I have no idea. Trying not to freak out about my age...it's so stupid. I do not feel 41 at all and my body certainly does not act or look like it's 41..so Eggs you better get on board...you are not old my dear eggs..you can do this! Sorry if I sound.like a nut.

Positive energy and thinking for everyone! It sounds like quite few of us are right at the point of waiting for the great meeting in the uterus!
Looking forward to hearing updates from everyone..Hope all is well. I'm off to dig in the dirt!
#250 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 01:53 PM

my 2 cents

@ siuann. .just typed a long response and it got eaten but just wanted to congratulate you on the adorable new pup. Looks like a lab in the pic? We rescued a pup almost 3 yrs ago and it was the best thing we ever did. He makes us all smile and brightens our day. My 2 cents on the doctor and how you've been feeling...I'd tell him and see what he has to say. It can't hurt and if he recommends medication, you don't have to take it. Situational depression right now would be no surprise. Ttc and all the ups and downs and throw in a little clomid and feeling like s..., sorry, crap ...I'd be surprised if you didn't feel a little depressed. I'm in the boat with you and so many others are too. I take meds and have told my doc we are ttc and he assured me that none of the meds will hinder the efforts. If anything they can help. Nobody wants to get frisky or plan for a little one while your feeling depressed, and there are meds that are less likely to affect your libido...if meds are the route you may choose to take. Many people are able to control situational depression with changes in diet, vitamins and activities. There are also your natural remedies like St JOHNS Wort, valerian root and others...but definitely talk with your doc about the natural stuff as well because many of them can be extremely dangerous when ttc. Oh, and I would see a true psychiatrist if you decide to get help with depression. Too many go will write you a script and not monitor you at all. I've gone that route myself and had horrible, and I mean A HORRIBLE OUTCOME. There are my 2 cents, maybe 3 but I hope it helps a bit. If you're interested I'd be happy to share more detail about my own situational depression and anxiety issues, just let me know. Feeling like sh... sucks and there are ways to avoid it. Hopefully it was just the clomid and you'll be feeling better once that is out of your system.
Enjoy your adorable new pup...Nothing better than sloppy wet dog kisses to brighten your day.

@jeny j....i hope your not stressing about your numbers and the digital test too much. I know it's much easier said than done. ((Hugs)) I have a strong feeling that you will have a beautiful 9 months and a sweet babe to bring home.

@rosie & @siuann . ...sounds like we are in the same boat with coverage...i just keep reminding myself that the swimmers can survive for 3-5 days!!! So I that case it's awesome coverage...and when a day is skipped with release...lol, you get a super dose of concentrated man juice...

Anyone heard about using the menstrual cups (sorry i cant think of the name)to keep the swimmers in place? I've heard of people having success using this extra insurance....try not to laugh but I'm ordering one myself and actually made a home made version to use this month....so FX ....

1 DPO, I . think, would you change me please

Tried to use the jumping for joy smiley. ..didnt work obviously but for us all. A healthy dose of JOY!!!
#251 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
My goodness. I am still here, and now in 2ww, Waiting to know, and so happy to be reading a long in lurking land the last week or so. Looks like some very hopeful news for some of you!! I had a heck of time logging in after the format change here. I don't know why, as I'm sure passwords didn't change just the look of the place. It was probably just me being forgetful. I wish I could say it was pregnancy brain, but I think its just over scheduled brain. But password reset, and I am here again!

Oh, no... now I can't figure out how to call out names. Yikes!
@alivewithyou a BFP!! That is wonderful and amazing news. Congratulations!

Going to go figure out how to correctly @ somebody and I'll be back to converse properly.

AFM, AF is due next weekend so we'll see. I'll be out of town, so that should lessen the blow if she comes. But an out of town BFP sure would be fun too!

Me wash.gif DP blowkiss.gif DS 5/01 geek.gif & trying for stork-girl.gif
#252 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi all! Well I was totally right...I started bleeding last night. So, last cycle: 38 days, this cycle: 18 days! WT$##$#$#%%@@?!?!

I started doing a little research today and I'm starting to think I have endometriosis. Super heavy periods, excruciatingly painful cramps, and few other gross symptoms I won't mention. Today I went back over all the vaginal ultrasound reports that I've had over the last 5 years to monitor my ovarian cysts. On multiple reports it says that the cysts could be endometriomas, AND one of the reports even says something about "May want to consider endometriosis diagnosis if clinically indicated". OH, well nice that NONE of the doctors I've ever had has even mentioned the possibility of endometriosis. I've scheduled myself an appt at my husband's naturopath clinic to establish care there and see if the lady doc there will help me get to the bottom of it (at least some hormone testing or some acupuncture/herbs from their Chinese Medicine person there). I think I'm also going to email my regular doctor for a referral to the ob/gyn clinic and talk to them about the possibility. I know the only way it can truly be diagnosed is through lap. surgery, which scares the crap outta me (I have a HUGE fear of being put under). But, if I do have it and it's screwing me all up then I need to do it. I figure hopefully if I hit it from a Western and Eastern and Holistic approach then something has to work. Or at least rule it out. I don't know, the more I read about it the more I think it's exactly what my problem is.

Hope you all are having better cycle luck than I!! I keep checking for updates!
#253 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
@rosie & @siuann . ...sounds like we are in the same boat with coverage...i just keep reminding myself that the swimmers can survive for 3-5 days!!! So I that case it's awesome coverage...and when a day is skipped with release...lol, you get a super dose of concentrated man juice...

Anyone heard about using the menstrual cups (sorry i cant think of the name)to keep the swimmers in place? I've heard of people having success using this extra insurance....try not to laugh but I'm ordering one myself and actually made a home made version to use this month....so FX ....
@ayme371 you are so funny!! I love your enthusiasm. I tried using my DivaCup in this way for a few cycles, but I hear most people who try that technique use a "softcup" which I actually don't know what that is. The DivaCup is kind of firm. I really appreciate your reminder of how long sperm can live. Coverage is important, but remembering that they live for a few days in the right conditions is reassuring!

Last edited by saharaviolet; 06-16-2014 at 05:02 PM.
#254 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennsies View Post
Hi all! Well I was totally right...I started bleeding last night. So, last cycle: 38 days, this cycle: 18 days! WT$##$#$#%%@@?!?!

I started doing a little research today and I'm starting to think I have endometriosis. Super heavy periods, excruciatingly painful cramps, and few other gross symptoms I won't mention. Today I went back over all the vaginal ultrasound reports that I've had over the last 5 years to monitor my ovarian cysts. On multiple reports it says that the cysts could be endometriomas, AND one of the reports even says something about "May want to consider endometriosis diagnosis if clinically indicated". OH, well nice that NONE of the doctors I've ever had has even mentioned the possibility of endometriosis.
Oh jennsies, I am so sorry, what a crazy cycle length. I have had the occasion to read my medical records too and its always so surprising what they note down but do not say. Would have been nice if they mentioned that possibility to you so you could have followed up then. I hope you get some answers. Sounds like you have a great plan to blend your western and eastern approach.

#255 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 06:35 PM

Cool me again

So can you tell I'm having a rough time motivating to do ANYTHING today. DH is having a rough day and unfortunately it doesn't have the best effect on me.

@saharaviolet . ..Hi there, love your name, by the way. Easy to visualize and very peaceful. I don't think I'm conversing properly either end up quoting an entire post, when I mean to quote just a few lines. Sometimes it comes out correctly and sometimes not, and it seems that I'm doing the same thing but getting a different end result. So I personally don't mind how you converse.
..but since I do the same...I'm throwing out an apology for not quoting and tagging correctly, I've read and read and I try but get the same results. I'm open to trying any tips anyone has to share. .
***so you've tried with the diva cup, but your supposed to use a soft cup? With the diva cup, would you use it at night or if DTD in the daytime, then just do regular activities and it holds the swimmers in place? I've never heard of the soft cup either. I'll have to look that one up. It does not seem like there would be a difference if the cup was soft or hard. Guess I'll read and find out.

@jennis ies....I'm so sorry your having a beyond crappy time at figuring all this out. Endometriosis is not an easy diagnosis to digest and the surgery to confirm it is pretty scary. From what i understand sometimes when they are in there and checking around, and they find Endometriosis the doctor will begin to work on the scar tissue and begin removing it. My mom had terrible Endometriosis and 40 yrs ago technology was way different, they even told her that she may not be able to have children. Well, I'm living proof that they were wrong. I'm sure the methods to correct it.have improved immensely, a good friend.of mine had a pretty bad case and it was corrected and she conceived almost immediately after.
I'd be.super ticked off at the doctors but it sounds like you are completely on top of it. In attack mode...don't let some incompetent idiots take the easy route, cannot believe that not one doctor mentioned it. IDIOTS!!! I think I'd be ready to make some calls with the word LAWYER thrown in there a bit. It sounds not only lazy but negligent! I'm impressed with how your handling it. Take the bull by the horns.
I hope the worst is over before your camping trip and you can enjoy it. And Especially, you are able to find some peace in having an idea of what is going on. Knowledge is always power.

AFM..Giant WTF....IM having what feels like ovulation cramps right now. How the hell could that be happening when i should have O'd yesterday or the day before. These are the same type of cramps I've felt every month for years, and have assumed that they signal the release of the egg. Makes NO flipping sense. All my other symptoms point to yesrerday. Had a huge temp drop and a rise today. I don't get it??? Have I been wrong all these years? Or am I actually popping an egg out as I type this? Thoughts, anyone??? This is so odd. Literally the ovary on my right side has started to cramp as ive been typing. So are FF and all my other symptoms just a bunch of BS(i felt no ovulation pain at all prior to this)???? What the heck is going on. Could I have ovulated with all the other symptoms yesterday and now today ovulate again, with no other symptoms? Is that even possible? ?? Help!!! WTF BODY??? Now I'm getting ticked . Seriously, this is weird. All the usual suspects are present for what I've called ovulation for YEARS, and it's a day after FF says I ovulated. Is one right and the other wrong or did I ovulate yesterday and for somsome reason my body feels like it's happening now(delayed sensation? Lol). I'm so confused. Why can't we just have sex every day and get knocked up? So many other people do it and they don't even want it? Sorry, I'm whining and all over the place. I need to chill and let nature do its thing. If anyone has a thought about WTF my body is doing I'd love to hear...

Last edited by ayme371; 06-16-2014 at 06:52 PM.
#256 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
@Anna1979 Ugh, I got so stressed just reading about how the dr treated you! I'm glad you walked out of there with the req at least. Whew!

@discalceata I'm sorry you're feeling yucky from the Clomid.

@siuann I don't know much about what those levels should be. Your new pup is adorable!! Really cute!

hi, @tinytina ! Thanks again for threadkeeping!

@jennsies , I'm so sorry!! I can understand being worried about the surgery for actual diagnosis... I hope that there are things that you can do to approach it to help without waiting for an actual diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
AFM..Giant WTF....IM having what feels like ovulation cramps right now. How the hell could that be happening when i should have O'd yesterday or the day before. These are the same type of cramps I've felt every month for years, and have assumed that they signal the release of the egg. Makes NO flipping sense. All my other symptoms point to yesrerday. Had a huge temp drop and a rise today. I don't get it??? Have I been wrong all these years? Or am I actually popping an egg out as I type this? Thoughts, anyone???
I sure wish I could give some advice on this. I don't know. I'm sorry you are getting conflicting signs. I don't actually feel much of anything as far as O goes, so I am pretty much totally dependent on OPKs and temps. Sorry not to be any help!

AFM I finally got my "3+" on my CBE

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#257 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I was looking up hcg studies the other day and ran across this little nugget:
The Wheat and Barley Test
One of the earliest, if not the earliest, home pregnancy tests came from Ancient Egypt. In 1350 BCE, women were advised to urinate on separate cloth bags of wheat and of barley seeds over the course of several days; if the wheat sprouted, she was having a girl, and if the barley sprouted, a boy. If neither sprouted, she wasn’t pregnant. The most interesting thing about this test was that it actually worked: In 1963, a laboratory experimented with the wheat and barley test and found that, 70 percent of the time, the urine of pregnant women would cause the seeds to sprout, while the urine of non-pregnant women and men didn’t.

Maybe this'll make everyone a little more fond of those Wondfo strips after all!
#258 of 461 Old 06-16-2014, 10:00 PM

Talking awesome news !!!

@jeny j
I really appreciate your thoughts on this...i think I'm going with FF on this. I have no idea why I felt the O pain today, or had other symptoms, even sore Bbs today, but I think that normally hangs around for a bit. After checking my cervix and cm, I definitely feel more confident that I did O on sunday. Wish we had DTD on Saturday, just too tired. We managed on thurs, fri, and sunday. Hopefully that will cover the bases, even used a type of "female cup" to keep the swimmers in place on sunday, hope it helped.

I sure wish I could give some advice on this. I don't know. I'm sorry you are getting conflicting signs. I don't actually feel much of anything as far as O goes, so I am pretty much totally dependent on OPKs and temps. Sorry not to be any
help!
Thanks for reading my nuts post. That is helpful, makes me feel a bit less of a nut. I'm thinking I should rely on my temps. Cm, cp (wish I had gotten some opks) today my cervix is very noticeably low, hard and closed, when it was high, soft, open(love the coin slot analogy, I wasn't sure if mine felt normal or not and now I know~it's normal thanks bren94. I think you were the one to give this description), is the cervix supposed to be low after O?

AFM I finally got my "3+" on my CBE [/QUOTE]

THAT IS AWESOME! This is it for you,cant explain it, but this just didnt leave me wondering...with the awesome numbers and dark tests .I'm so happy for you! Have you told DH yet? How is he feeling with the news? How are YOU feeling? Notice many symptoms yet. I know I didn't have many with ds other than very sore Bbs, tired, and emotional. So is it starting to feel real for you, hopefully you can relax a bit and enjoy~ growing a new life is so awesome!!! Sorry to bombard you with questions...Just excited for you. Hopefully a few more of us will be joining the graduates in the next week or 2.
#259 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Good morning, ladies

Just popping in to say hello and to shake off some of my TWW craziness...you know what I mean

We are having some wacky cool and rainy weather this week before summer is in full swing here in the mountains...trying to soak up the relaxation I feel with cool, refreshing weather before the heat is upon us. Anyone else having unseasonably cool weather this week?

It seems like a lot of us are having ups and downs this cycle. It's nice to see the openness and support here so much love and positivity. It's refreshing!

I'm on CD21 (8 dpo) and trying hard not to symptom spot...yet failing miserably. Recently both DH and I have been having baby/pg dreams...waking up with a dream of a BFP at 8 dpo was enough to prompt me to poas even though I planned to wait til my period is late...of course no dice. The waiting period is short for me. I usually have short 24 day cycles (ovulate on day 13) then have 11 LP (although I usually have light spotting cd 22-24)...so I usually know by 9 dpo if AF is on her way. Yesterday and this morning some twinges and mild cramping low in my pelvic area on one side. Crossing my fingers it's implantation cramps and not gearing up for AF to start.

For me all points of the cycle have their ups and downs. Stresses and anxiety rubs elbows with hope and optimism. It's a wild ride, ladies. Good luck to everyone this cycle
#260 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi all. Not sure if you remember me, I posted here in April and got a BFP at the very beginning of May. I didnt read through all of the comments, but I did skim through and Im so happy to see the BFPs here today, congrats to all!!

AFM: I had my first US appointment on Thursday at 9 1/2 weeks and there was no heartbeat, apparently the baby stopped growing at 8 1/2 weeks. I had a D&C yesterday...that was no fun at all. Im sad and frustrated because I was super sick for the past two months, all for nothing, and I had planned everything around this pregnancy. Its psychologically hard to wrap my mind around the fact that last week I was pregnant, and now Im not. I honestly didnt have a good feeling about this one tho. Even in my TWW I didnt feel like this one took...but then the BFP was there...then the sickness, etc. Ive had two previous healthy pregnancies, both conceived on the first try...I just felt like expecting that a third time was just too lucky. And apparently I was right. So we're going to let this cycle go by and start TTC again next month.

So I suppose this puts me in the waiting to be ready category.
#261 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Gone to the library today to work on my paper- I have 1 last paper for my 8th Master's course (it is due on Friday) and than I am off from class until July 2nd. Yippee! Really nervous about this paper though. I needed to get out of the house and away from any distractions. Haha!

So sorry you are not happy with your coverage this month @rosie2727 , hugs hun

Hugs @SeattleRain

Hi @Anna1979 , sorry to hear about your frustration with the doctor, I really dislike people like that

Sorry to hear about the stress/frustration over needing blood work done on a weekend (my Day 3 feel on a weekend and they made me go on Day 4 for it). Hope the clomid helps and that you go for a relaxing walk, @discalceata

Definitely mention your issues with anxiety and depression dear @siuann . I suffer too- I understand how difficult it can be. Sorry you haven't heard back about the SA yet. Love the new doggie- he is very cute.

Thanks so much @ayme371 , you ladies are my rock right now. I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. We really are trying to enjoy our life and focus on what my husband can do instead of what he cannot do. Hugs hun! Sorry to hear about the pain today

Hi @saharaviolet , enjoy your time away. Glad to see you have returned

Sorry your cycles are all over the map right now @jennsies . Hugs hun

Hi @jenjy - glad you got your 3+!

Fascinating tidbit @innacircle

Hi @HappyMama2013 - Hugs hun, waiting is hard

I have no words to express how sorry I am @Melinda1980 . Hugs hun
Melinda1980 likes this.

#262 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Hey ladies, sorry I've been MIA. I've been lurking though and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. It's so hard to do personals when using my phone and I hate to get on just to talk about myself.

Ayme, soft cups I would assume work better in holding swimmers in because they suction around your cervix. I don't like them as much as diva cups for my period but it seems they'd be better for ensuring the sperm stays in than a diva cup would. I think the diva would just collect them lol. Ew. I return home on Wednesday and will be testing then. Thank you for thinking of me! I'm so so hopeful about this time and am really trying to stay positive.

Tinytina, (my phone wanted to correct that to tiny tuna lol!) good luck on your paper. I hope all goes well and you enjoy your time off.

Melinda1980, I'm so very sorry for your loss, dear. That's devastating news. I hope you are able to heal and move forward. Hugs.

Jennsies, I'm so sorry about all that frustration. I hope you're able to figure things out soon and of course I hope you don't have endometriosis. I know surgery for diagnosis is not ideal but if it helps, lap surgery is no biggie. I had it when I was 18 for my cysts and I recovered completely in 3 days. I didn't even need my pain meds after the first day. Really no biggie. & my scars are so tiny. But I know being put under is not a small thing and you'd never want to do it unless totally necessary.

Jenjy, I don't know what that means but I assume it's good news!? Yay!

Sorry for those I left out. This is tough to do on my phone. I'm on cd26 and am 10dpo. No implantation spotting but not everyone gets that, right? I did wake up with some little cramps and I've been EXHAUSTED. Like I just can't get enough sleep no matter how long I sleep. Could be pms though so I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been dreaming about babies and pregnancy though for a few nights in a row. Guess I just have baby on the brain! When don't I?? My mom keeps asking me if I'm pregnant because apparently all I talk about are babies. Also, I think I'm going to start getting my prerequisites for nursing school. This is kind of a big deal because I've been going to school for EC education. But I feel like nursing might be better for me as a mom (less schooling, better pay, more flexible hours) sounds good to me! At least I'll have a distraction if I get a BFN. Hope everyone is well! Hope to see some more grads soon!
#263 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 09:39 AM

I did some research and most studies show that intercourse one to two days prior to O results in the highest conception rates. And there isn't that much difference between the two. In fact, some studies show two days prior to O result in higher conception rates. So, now I'm "happy" again with my coverage.

Not as happy as I'd be if I were 23 and we DTD every day, but us old folks just can't hang like that anymore!
#264 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
@Anna1979 That sounds really frustrating, but, unfortunately, I know exactly what you're talking about … I've experienced similar attitude. It's infuriating. What kind of tests were those? Just asking out of curiosity. I've also had to literally beg to get some tests done. But I got really lucky as I found a doctor who would do them for me even though I've experienced "only" one loss and I'm still <35 - but my reasoning is the same as yours - I'm not waiting for another loss (or two) for them to do these tests, plus I suffer with very bad anxiety, so the next pregnancy would be hell on earth for me had I not done these tests. As of now, I'm waiting for the results - I'll get them in 1-2 weeks (it's already been a week).
@jennsies Wow, none of the doctors actually considered endometriosis after all that time? Dang! I hope you get a more capable doctor this time around! Good luck and hugs. I've had my share of useless doctors … They are human, just like all of us and err often, but they're *doctors* and we all rely on them and trust them with our lives … it's so hard
@innacircle That is so cool! Thanks for sharing!
@Melinda1980 I am so so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

AFM: I'm on CD 7 now. No more fresh blood, but that dark brown stuff is still a-comin'.

Do you ladies include those dark brown spotting days as your menstruation days?

I'm hoping for a first 'normal' cycle since my D&C (4.14.2014) - this is the start of my third cycle post-D&C. My first cycle I ovulated and it was 32 days long and my second cycle was (most likely) anovulatory and lasted 27 days. Now I'm torn about whether or not to start TTC yet. My blood test results (clotting at al.) will come in 1-2 weeks' time.

Proud mommy to our stellar Stella (3/2011). Cautiously expecting our in April 2015 after loosing a sweet little angel in April 2014.
#265 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 10:35 AM

I'm sorry your going through this..

@ melinda1980... I'm so sorry for your loss. Please give yourself time to heal and mourn the loss of your little one. It's never easy ((hugs))

@bren94 ...ewww is right, now I get it though. I could collect and do my own SA on a microscope that my ds has. It's not super strong but it could be fun to watch them squirm. Hope your enjoying your trip.

Sorry for my late night ramblings...when I can't sleep my mind goes a mile a minute.

Just stopping by for a quick...HELLO!!!
HOPE EVERY ONE IS WELL!
#266 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 10:42 AM

Talking What's up with that anyway...seems like more sex as you get older should be a bonus

Quote:
I did some research and most studies show that intercourse one to two days prior to O results in the highest conception rates. And there isn't that much difference between the two. In fact, some studies show two days prior to O result in higher conception rates. So, now I'm "happy" again with my coverage.

Not as happy as I'd be if I were 23 and we DTD every day, but us old folks just cian't hang like that anymore!
@rosie . ..I like your research...works for me.

If anyone has a chance, would you mind helping me figure out how to link my chart from ff. I'm usually pretty good with this crap...ummm stuff, but I just can't figure it out.
#267 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@tinytina good luck with your paper!!
@bren94 I hope you get a BFP soon! Im in school for ELEd currently, but with summer break I dont have anything to keep me distracted LOL.
@Wilhelmena I hope your cycles even out soon and you get good news! @rosie I think your coverage sounds great! Ive always heard that about 2 days before O as well. Wishing you lots of luck!
@ayme HELLLOOO I wish I could help with the link but I have no idea how to do that.

Also, thank you all for the condolences. I appreciate the support very much.
#268 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post
@Anna1979 That sounds really frustrating, but, unfortunately, I know exactly what you're talking about … I've experienced similar attitude. It's infuriating. What kind of tests were those? Just asking out of curiosity. I've also had to literally beg to get some tests done. But I got really lucky as I found a doctor who would do them for me even though I've experienced "only" one loss and I'm still <35 - but my reasoning is the same as yours - I'm not waiting for another loss (or two) for them to do these tests, plus I suffer with very bad anxiety, so the next pregnancy would be hell on earth for me had I not done these tests. As of now, I'm waiting for the results - I'll get them in 1-2 weeks (it's already been a week).
The test that we are running are PT, PTT, anti-phospholipid antibodies, factor v leiden, ANA, and Vitamin D. Some are to check for clotting issues others to check for antibodies that might be the cause of my MC's. I'll be getting the test done on Monday and should have some of the results in 2-3 weeks but some might take longer. DH will also be dropping off his SA sample on Monday so hopefully we will have his results back sooner then mine and can cross that off our list and if there are issues we can discuss them with my naturopath when I see her for my CD7 acupuncture appointment in early July unless I get a BFP this cycle which will mean a whole lot more testing in my future.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#269 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
@SeattleRain : Good luck, glad to hear you ovulated.
@rosie2727 : I think you have way good coverage to be honest. I couldn't help but laugh at your 23 and DTD every day comment. Kind of what happened for my DH and I this cycle.. but we had months where it was more difficult to get coverage.
@Anna1979 : Sorry about your experience with the rude doctor. It's hard because you want to make sure you get what you need so you don't feel like you can stand up for yourself. I am very happy with my fertility specialist (even though he is SUPER expensive) because he hasn't batted an eye when I've asked for different tests. Just writes them out and sends the request. I hope your testing gives you some answers or at least rules some things out for peace of mind.
@discalceata : Good luck with your clomid cycle. Sorry to hear about your testing getting delayed. Were you able to or are you going to postpone until next cycle?
@siuann : from the ranges my doctor gave me, i think your testing looks good. I'm not 100% about your LH/FSH ratio.. I think 1:1 is ideal but yours doesn't seem that off. It's probably good to mention anxiety although I will tell you I was very anxious up until I just got pregnant.. not sure if it was the metformin or femara for me. Your dog is adorable; I am sure he is happy to have a loving home now.
@ayme371 : sorry to hear your cycle has been screwing with you. I wish you the best of luck in your tww! I will message you some instructions to link your signature. I always like being able to visually look at someone's chart.. makes it a lot easier to interpret. As far as the menstrual cup thing goes.. I will tell you that the night I believe we conceived I didn't lay down for very long and got right up since we were in a not so regular place when we BD'd... I don't think we even used preseed that night. I was always one to lay down for at least twenty minutes after and raise my hips.. but I didn't that night. As far as cramping after your temp rise goes, trust your temps. I had cramps for a few days after ovulation (was actually worried about my cysts) but your temp is more accurate in my opinion.
@saharaviolet : Good luck in you TWW! Hope to see you in the grad thread soon.
@jennsies : I am so sorry you had an anovulatory cycle! I will tell you that was last month for me and I pretty much lost hope. It pushed me to go see a specialist and helped me to get where I am now. So hang on with that in mind. I know it seems like a set back but it may get you much closer. I went to high school with a girl who has endometriosis and she just had a beautiful little girl.
@HappyMama2013 : Good luck in your TWW as well! I love your positive attitude.
@Melinda1980 : I remember you and I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I wish you the best in healing and moving forward.
@bren94 : I didn't have any implantation spotting with either of my pregnancies. I hope you get your BFP in the next couple of days.
@Wilhelmina : I just count my spotting days as spotting with FF. As far as TTC this cycle, I think you have to go with how you feel on that one and if you feel like you are ready. I think our bodies have the power to do amazing things.
@tinytina : Hello, hope you are doing well.

Sorry if I missed anyone, there was a lot to catch up on.

My first beta was 186 at 12 DPO, first progesterone was 35.7.

Here is my test at 13 DPO..

I am slowly starting to trust in my body and that this baby will stick around. I truly hope to see a bunch of BFPS this month, I would like to see some familiar faces in my DDC.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#270 of 461 Old 06-17-2014, 08:17 PM

Jesus! If the pain from this could possibly get any worse! Shit! I was all worried about DH pulling the plug. But I think I'm on the brink...

I literally feel like I'm on the verge of losing my shit and don't really care what the repurcussions are.

Jenjy! I got my eye on you! Please let this stick!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page