Mothering Forum banner

~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~June 2014

31K views 460 replies 36 participants last post by  tinytina 
#1 · (Edited)
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
June 2014

Posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in BOLD.

:W Waiting to O :W
HappyMama2013
Veritas Vitae
jennsies
alittlemischief
rosie2727
Wilhelmina
siuann
Anna1979
discalceata
ayme371
perkier
chilee

:scratch Waiting to Know (2WW) :scratch
discalceata
scjp1109
OneWithTwo
jsustanley
AntoninBeGonin
Firefly77
zen12345
Yaliina
deserae
alicenwonderland
HappyMama2013
SeattleRain
ayme371
saharaviolet
Waiting4SJ

:confused WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
staceeyore01
lilybean t
waywornwanderer :confused

:idea Waiting to be Ready
tinytina --Waiting to Start IUI
dancingmama0721
devilish
ericka29
mamadance84
Aloria
mamalovehm
franluvsbubba
radiowave
Melinda1980 :idea

Waiting to Hear From
greenegirl
JerFenstmaker
KatelynRose
MakeItSew
hilsd
tifga
deliciousbydre
Truffula11
ttcbby01
jojobean

2013/2014 GRADUATES~

:joy Big congrats to you all! :joy

:heartbeat June BFP's :heartbeat
jenjy
Charmedseed
alivewithyou
bren94
EdenAurora

:heartbeat April BFP's :heartbeat
t2009
dmariev
NSmomtobe
girlspn
apeydef
maof1
NaturallyMo
Kita4
angelasm1th
Li5i or LouisaG

:heartbeat March BFP's :heartbeat
Harmony96
marilyn612
badwolf092087
Truffula11

:heartbeat February BFP's :heartbeat
Oregonmoon
edubluv
WifeofAnt
katealici
Alivewithyou
jchole

:heartbeat January BFP's :heartbeat
mygreenestgrass
CrystalMarie
magrat
Diamhim
linnylou422
cagirlintexas

:heartbeat December BFP's :heartbeat
innacircle
Motivated Mama 2twins.gif
delightedbutterfly
kateaton
crunchymonkey

Below is a link to "The One Grad Club Thread" for all the Mamas who received their BFP! :grouphug

http://www.mothering.com/community/...oup-discussion-continues-after-the-one-thread

See less See more
#441 ·
@siuann I know this is probably a big blow, but it is NOT the end of the world. First of all, this is ONE sample and ONE analysis from ONE doctor. Before you call yourself out for good, you have a few more steps in the process. I know people have had some luck with having their partner use vitamins to boost quality. Sperm regenerate quickly and if vitamins are going to work, you might have a totally different result in a few months. It might not be PERFECT, but you might be able to do something less expensive like IUI instead of IVF.

If not, you can look into IVF and take your time, knowing that the stress of TTC every month is off of you. Save your money up, make sure you're with the doctor you really want to be with, etc.

Hugs, you're going to be okay. You seem like such a strong woman and you'll find your way through.

#443 ·
@SeattleRain good news on your luteal length. Sorry about the temp dip, but your not out 'till your out... I'm hopeful for everyone :)

Welcome @waiting4 I'm due af @ either 13/14dpo and 14dpo is on the 1st, so I'll wait with ya. Here's hoping your stay in this club is short and sweet :)

AFM- remember those cheapy hpt's I bought yesterday? Turns out I should have read the packaging first! They say "90% accurate" - not the best odds lol

#444 ·
Hello everyone!

Another negative OPK this morning.
Decided I want to actually start writing on my blog about our struggles with infertility. I started the blog back in February but I wasn't ready to write on it.
Got really emotional last night, my parent's cat passed away last night (they have lost 2 cats and a dog in about a year). It's been really rough on my parents and me and my brother.

@discalceata, check your specific OPK for the time frame. The fertility clinic suggested a 24-36 hour one vs. 48 hours because of the IUI procedure. So when I get a positive one, I call the clinic and our procedure is booked for the next day. Glad you got a positive result.

I like Anna1979's suggestions for @siuann. There are a lot of options to explore.

Glad to see your husband took some initiative, @Anna1979

Thanks for the compliment @alittlemischief. Sorry to hear AF is on its way. Cannot blame you for being emotional at the baby shower, hugs hun. Sorry to hear about your cheap tests.

Hope you got the black raspberries picked without getting bitten too bad by the mosquitoes, @ayme371. Let us know if we can help you figure things out dear.

Hi and welcome @Waiting4SJ

Hi @SeattleRain, sorry to hear your temps are going down.

#445 ·
Good Morning! It is a hot day in Baltimore.
Yesterday we had our second consultation with the RE. He said, based on my tests, my TAC, DH's borderline sperm motility issue, and our ages and pregnancy history, that he wants to go ahead with the following plan: Start IUI treatment at the beginning of my next cycle (which should start between tomorrow and wednesday. Scan and bloodwork CD3, Clomid CDs 5 through 9, scan and bloodwork CD12, and based on that, probably a trigger shot around then and then the IUI, and then vaginal progesterone for two weeks. He said that he only wants to do two rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. This all sounds fairly aggressive to me, which I am ok with, I think, but surprised by. I thought that we would try more rounds of IUI before moving on. He doesn't want to do any IUI with injectable before moving on to IVF because of the greater risk of multiples, which we are not sure that my TAC could handle well. I am very nervous about the clomid.
I am already being treated for depression and anxiety, and am weaning myself off of klonapin before the treatment starts. Between schoolwork (working on my MA online) and my daughter and my crazy family, I just don't know how I am going to handle the clomid!

#446 ·
Waiting To Know

How do you keep yourself from POAS every day?! 3-4 days till AF is expected... I'm going crazy. Why do early preggo symptoms have to be so vague/like PMS? Sore/full feeling, emotional train wreck, fatigue - All there. Did I mention I'm going crazy? Plus since it's early in the TTC phase for me, I haven't been keeping close track of O-day, which means I'm not entirely sure if we uhm, hit the mark. At least it's better than my first time TTC. I was on the pill, and going off it meant my cycle was WHACK the entire time I was TTC. At least now I'm down to a "normal" 28-30 day cycle rather than 25-45 day cycles last time. Does anyone here spend an unhealthy amount of time on this site? I'm a teacher, off for the summer so I have a LOT of extra time on my hands.
@radiowave Wow, it sounds like you have your hands full, but with good blessings, hopefully your story will end in a little blessing soon. :) @alittlemischief - Not only are we waiting together, but your profile is BELLE!!! I'm such a huge fan of Beauty & the Beast. It's DH and my "thing".

#447 ·
@Waiting4SJ perhaps its a sign that we are meant to be waiting together? The Belle thing hit me a while back, I had concieved in Disneyland in April, but miscarried just days after finding out. The story of Belle resonated with me- she had to fight for her 'beast' and had to lose him (temporarily) in order for him to transform into something beautiful and lifelong. I felt like my heartbreak was temporary and my prince just wasn't ready yet (I strongly feel that I will have another son) Is that uber cheesy?!

AFM- I'm 12DPO and I gave over to temptation tested BfN on my cheapies yesterday. But my chart sure does look like a pregnant one. I think I'm going shopping for FRER today...

#450 ·
Hello everyone,

AFM: Got negatives on OPK on days 15 and 16. Are you freaking kidding me?

Sounds like your RE is being aggressive with his treatment plan, @radiowave. Is there anyway to get a second opinion? Its hard to compare cases since everyone is different. Best of luck on the hormones.

Since we are using donor sperm, we are going up to 6 cycles of IUI with no meds. I am also taking courses online, my master's in education, curriculum design to be exact.

Given how much stress/anxiety the OPK tests are causing me, I cannot imagine the pregnancy tests are going to be any better for me @Waiting4SJ. I am spending way too much time on here, the computer in general, and thinking about this all.

I love your story @alittlemischief, fingers crossed for you dear.

#452 ·
Positive OPKs for FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT. What the hell? What does that mean?

I've had positive OPKs for CD15-18. Today is CD18 and, along with the positive OPK, my temp is finally up. The first two days of positives showed a test line that looked like the control; yesterday and today the test line was *darker* than the control. So this isn't showing signs of dissipating. What's up with that? The OPKs I'm using say that the surge should last 12-36 hours, not four freaking days.

I don't know how much more "babymaking" I can handle. It's been an exhausting weekend. :p

#453 ·
I spoke with my naturopath this morning and she has some of the test results finally and all come back within normal range. I'll have a copy after my appointment with her tonight so I'll have the actual numbers.

#457 ·
@Charmedseed I'm so sorry. I know the heartbreak behind your brave words. Be kind and gentle with yourself and allow the emotions to flow, if you need to vent, know that this is a safe place.
@tinytina I'm back to CD1 so can you slide me back into waiting to O when/if you set up the July thread? Thank you. And I hope you have managed to get a positive OPk.

#460 ·
hi everyone! :)
@Charmedseed so sorry hun, hugs to you. i am glad to hear that you are surrounded by love and support. that's important no matter what :)
@Waiting4SJ i don't know what to think about lactating out of the blue. how confusing for you! what CD are you on? With my DS i didn't get a BFP until i tested on CD14.
@discalceata i chuckled reading about your exhausting weekend ;) we are in the same boat. i don't know what OPKs you use, but i get a "high" reading for a few days before my "peak" days so we try to take advantage of all those days...go big or go home i say! so we typically have a 5-6 day "marathon" as well...hahaha funny that's considered a "marathon" for us these days....oh boy! Good luck to you!

AFM: hanging out at CD11 waiting to O somewhere around CD13. Fortunately I will be spending the first week of my TWW on vacation and will hopefully keep myself from over-analyzing and symptom spotting. I also just used my desktop computer for the first time and found it so much easier to do personals than on my phone b/c I can scroll up and see who said what :) hooray!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.