The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Strawberry Moon - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 07-03-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Oh goodness, she's just lovely <3

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Wengrin she looks so cute! Glad you are enjoying the break - lucky it came after things started to settle...
Swimming sounds great!
Old 07-04-2014, 04:23 PM

Woohoo lol decent temp rise this morning, so I'll count yesterday as o happy to have got there! Cd30 o - was a long time coming! Oxford did you get a post ivf o?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Chourd - Yeahoo for that slowpoke O! I'm glad it finally made its appearance.

Wengrin - Your little girl is so sweet! You can already see that she has girly, dainty features.

Mares - I'm so glad you found a midwife group you like. That last one sounds like she was a space cadet. How are you feeling? Has your little one engaged yet?

Primal - You are one tough cookie to hold out until the 18th as your last day. I applaud you.

AFM - Still here, and still feeling good. Due date is creeping closer, but I'd wager that I'm going to go over. Me and my puffy feet can handle it.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:02 PM

I don't feel close, either! Suddenly my due date is in three weeks seems so soon. I have a peaceful feeling, still, not the agitated feeling I think tends to happen before labor.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi five for O, chuord! How are you feeling? Hormones settling back down? Are you and DH still traveling?

Mamablue and mares, you guys sound very serene and patient. I'm personally going nuts. The aches and pains have finally found me, and I'm just feeling too useless to do anything. I have a lot of practical reasons to need these next few weeks before we have another baby in the house, but I'm feeling it. DH is driving me crazy, too. He's restless because he's not in school, and god forbid he take that energy to get the house ready. Oh well. We're really fine, I'm just feeling large and whiny.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:31 PM

Thanks ladies 😊 this thread is so caring!
Mamablue - you really have had a great run this time (touching wood) love that you are still zoned!
Mares - I'm not surprised you're not ready yet, you've only just finished moving house! So do you truly start feeling I settled when birth is imminent? I find it all so interesting having never been there.
Primal - hugs!!! Lol I think I'd be with you with dh - us organizing women like them to be useful! You only have one week of work left? I hope you get to put your feet up soon!
Afm - we are still in Darwin but fly back later today. The weather has been perfect - highs around 26-28 instead of 30-33 centigrade. Dh has been working hard though and he's operating first thing tomorrow back home, so I'm trying to be gentle and supportive lol.
Oxford - how are things with you? What wonderful trip have you been on?
Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

Beautiful picture wengrin.

Sorry I've been AWOL. Work is a nightmare I've worked all weekend and I miss my husband :-(

I'm very stressed and I need a new job. My whole body aches :-(
Old 07-07-2014, 03:53 PM

It's that bleep of a boss you have right? Hugs Oxford!! Hoping you get some quality time with dh soon!
Old 07-07-2014, 05:53 PM

Oh Oxford, I'm so sorry things are tough at work. Are you working on a large project right now, or is this a psycho boss related issue? Either way, I hope you find some relief very soon.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 PM

I'm sorry, too, Oxford. How miserable to have to face something like that every day. Are you actively looking for other jobs? I hope something comes through asap.

Chourd, I've found that as birth really starts drawing near (like within a few days) I get very agitated and grumpy and feel like the baby will never be born and I will always be uncomfortable. At least the last two times. I didn't recognize it as a symptom of labor, though. This time hopefully I will! I actually did get a wave of energy yesterday and vaccumed, hung pictures and washed all the baby clothes and diapers. Then in the bath I talked to the baby about the big journey we're going to have together soon. And today I ordered our birth kit, the last few things needed for the baby, and arranged a time for Mark to pick up the tub. So something clicked! Tomorrow we have a home visit with the midwife, which I'm looking forward to.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 PM

Thanks for sharing mares! I love hearing all about all the processes... Wow what a burst if energy!
Mamablue, Wengrin, primaljoy - do any of you have a sequence of events?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 AM

Chourd - I'm pretty go with the flow, but I do have a one thing that seems to happen closer to birth. I become super reclusive and I don't want my kids to go anywhere that I will not be. I want my husband nearby. The house must stay clean and picked up. The feeling become more intense as birth approaches.

This time around, these feelings are just starting to surface. I feel like birth his getting close but is not imminent.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Wow mamablue - I like that one too, I love that you become so maternal and protective. The pregnancy hormones really are wonderful the way they keep the baby safe and encourage us to do all the right things at the right time.
Oxford - how are you surviving sweety? Has the boss got a life yet? Hope you made it through ok
Old 07-09-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we got thrown for a loop at our midwife visit today. For one thing, I'm measuring at 43 weeks right now (I'm 36 weeks 2 days). I've been a couple of weeks ahead pretty regularly (which isn't a big deal), but had a big jump since my last visit two weeks ago. I'm going to have an ultrasound on Tuesday to take a look at what's going on in there (big baby? fluid? I think fluid).

Also, this baby is breech. The midwife didn't think he was at my last visit. I thought I felt him transverse last week, and now I think that I was right. I think I have a lot of fluid in there, and he's just flipping around as he pleases in his extra-large swimming pool. This is uncharted territory for me; my other babies were obediently head-down by 32 weeks. We've scheduled a version for 38 weeks, but I am suspecting that he'll turn on his own before then. I'm also interested in seeing what the ultrasound shows. I have mixed feelings about a ECV. We'll see. The midwife recommended that we schedule now, and just cancel if we change our mind, since these appointments aren't always available. If he stays breech by delivery, we'll be having a c-section.

We'll see how it goes! I'm not feeling worry at this point about his position, but I would like to know where all the fluid is coming from, and that there's not a problem with the baby that's causing this. I'm going to call the midwife office tomorrow and see if they can pull strings for me to get the ultrasound earlier than Tuesday so I don't have to fret all week.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 PM

Primal - you poor thing, you must feel huge if you are measuring that big! That's hard work while still working. I love the vision of your baby floating freely lol... Bet he's having a fab time!
Old 07-09-2014, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I'm huge. It hasn't bothered me too much, though. It does make sense now why I've been having trouble fitting behind the wheel of my car!

I like the image of him active and happy, swimming around as he pleases, not concerned with all this grown-up delivery talk. Once the u/s verifies that his extra fluid isn't due to a problem with him, I'll relax and just take these decisions a day at a time. If he's healthy, we can figure out the rest.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM

That's the best outlook! My gut tells me he'll be fine...
Old 07-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Pimal - Thinking of you! I always measure a little ahead, as well. I was measuring 37.5 at 35 weeks, and then the next week it jumped up to 41 by my midwife's measurement. I felt like it was probably just position, but she mentioned an ultrasound as well. I told her I'd like to wait until the next appointment and see where we were, and sure enough it was 38/39. Baby is still just moving around a lot I also did have extra fluid with Malcolm, so if you have any questions or want to talk just let me know It sounds like you're coping just fine. I was a mess! But it all resolved and worked out perfectly. If he has extra fluid that would explain his breech/transverse antics for sure! Thinking of you <3

Here's me a few days before Malcolm was born. I was huge! I don't feel that big, or uncomfortable! this time.

AFM, 38 weeks tomorrow! I still think we have at least another week or two before baby will make their debut, but just in case we've got the birth kit and birth tub now. My dad will come up the week before my due date, which I am thrilled with! Can't wait. Having a little trouble keeping up with the kids and eating enough (I'm always hungry - frankly, it's exhausting!) but feeling pretty good otherwise. I can't really imagine the baby being a girl, even though that's what I thought for so much of the pregnancy, so I'm pretty excited to meet him or her and find out! We haven't agreed on a girl name. There are lots we have considered, as you know, but none of them have really clicked. Plus Nameberry just put out a list of their 100 most searched names this year and ALL of ours were on it - Evangeline, Elodie, Daisy, Penelope, Adelaide... even names I like but DH vetoed like Cordelia. That bums me out a bit. Anyway, I'm looking forward to giving birth, too.

How are all the rest of you?

Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 PM

Wow mares in that pic you are all baby! I bet it was a little unwieldy.
That's so good that your dad is coming to help out
Being around you lovely zen ladies this close to delivery is such a wonderful experience - I watch that 'one born every minute' show sometimes and I get tense and find myself holding my breath through the pushes lol... I think I probably shouldn't watch it... But I love the happy after bits. However on here you've been there before and are all so zen - it's a great way for me to learn
Oxford - catch us up, how's work and how's your sanity? Hope you've been relaxing? Where are you at in your cycle?
Afm - I'm around 8-9dpo will wait another week and if no AF will call the docs.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 PM

How is everyone doing?
Ladies while I think of it. There are a few questions I'd love to know the secret to, what are your options on stretch mark prevention? Also how do you manage to shave / wax your legs? Hope you dont mind, I've always wondered what I would need to do!
Afm - still in the tww - can you tell I'm looking for distraction? 11dpo here so a while to go...
Oxford - please drop in to let us know you're ok... It's been a while and am hoping work has settled.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, Chuord! Thinking of you in your wait. You're at the really nerve-wracking part now!

Shaving legs isn't too tough; I find I'm able to bend over in the shower pretty much until delivery. Grooming other parts is a challenge; DH helps with that (sexy? not really, but it needs to be done sometimes). Stretch mark prevention... I'm not one to ask. I have lots of stretch marks. Some people don't seem to get them, though, and good for them! Anyone else have a trick that they think helped with this?

I'm doing good; had my ultrasound today which showed normal fluid levels and a baby that's turned head down. Great! He's a good size too, estimated 8 lbs now, will probably be over 9 pounds at delivery, which I'm not worried about. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he stays put and doesn't do any more flipping before delivery. I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow, and getting a last haircut before baby shows up. We have most of our stuff now, and just need to do some final organizing and cleaning. This is my last week in the office, so I'm hoping to get more of what I need to done next week.

How's everyone else doing?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello lovely ladies,

So sorry for my absence! My big work deadline was delivered so things, although still busy, should not be so unmanageable now. Yay! Thank you for your lovely wishes. And yes, I am looking for a new job. I had out it off to focus on getting pregnant and taking maternity leave/pay, but with this stress it won't help me conceive!! I'm now seriously job hunting. Thank you for your support :-)

It was so nice to read through your birth preparation stories.

Mares, that Malcolm bump was huge!! In pleased you are not so uncomfortable this time. It sounds like you have everything ready. It was nice to hear you say you are looking forward to the birth. I think birth sounds totally scary an painful, so it's nice to hear you have been through it and are chilled.

Primal- that little one is giving you a few last minute worries! I was thinking things are straight forward after the BFP, I can now see that is only the beginning!! Fingers and everything else crossed for a good scan to set your mind at rest.

Chuord- I love your questions! And I want to hear the answers too :-) how are you doing? If AF turns up in a week, will you be into IVF again? My AF has just been and I have another month relaxing, so we will be starting second week in august. I think we will be fairly close in time. Holding my breath for a couple of BFPs!! This thread hasn't had one for a while :-)

Wengrin, Mamablue- how are you doing ladies? I hope everything is calm and blooming for you?

Xxx
Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Primal thanks for sharing I just can't get enough info on pregnancy - nowadays people I know tend not to share much info about there journey, I know you can read books but for me the knowledge passed down first hand is priceless - and going through this journey with you all has relaxed me about being pg like nothing else has. I'm soo glad he's turned, and the fluid has decreased... Here's a thought - what if your body was carrying the extra fluid specifically to allow the babies to move to the correct position? Even my surgeon husband is constantly amazed at the perfection and recovery potential of the human body
Mares, mamablue how are you two holding out? Mares do you even get stretch marks? That photo of you with Malcolm I was stunned by how smooth your skin looks (it's a gorgeous pic)
Lol I got stretch marks from puberty so I'm guessing I will!
Oxford - yay to being done with that huge project, and yay for looking at options! Hope you get a new job real soon!
Yep this is the stressful part, I've had only one bfp in 20 months so my desire to test is not high lol. I'm not sure I assume we will get onto ivf again... I don't feel emotionally ready but time is a ticking!
Wengrin - tell us about what's happening for you about now? I love your stories!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 PM

Oxford - It's great to hear from you. Your voice sounds much more at ease than your last post, and that makes me happy for you. I'm so looking forward to cheering your IVF cycle on come August. In the meantime, hope your July has a great job opportunity for you and moments of rest and relaxation.

Chourd - To answer each of your fun questions, I have no problems shaving my legs. I just prop one up on the side of the shower and do what needs to be done. I'm a rather flexible person in general, so I find it easy. Taking care of the bikini line is a bit tricky, but I just carefully do it blindly. So far so good. As far as stretch marks go, I've always understood that they are largely influenced by genetics. I have a couple light ones from earlier pregnancies around my thighs and breasts, but my belly is largely free if stretch marks. I do moisturize my skin with shea and coconut butter, but I do doubt it's doing much in the way of prevention, as I tend to always have pretty dry skin.

Primal - That's great news about the baby! Yay for normal fluid and head down! Big sigh of relief. You are my hero for still working, and I hope you get a nice relaxing break before your birth. How many weeks are you?

AFM - Nothing new to report, which I suppose at this point in my pregnancy, that is news. Hehe. I'm busy cleaning house and relaxing. It's a peaceful time.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Oxford -- I'm so glad that you're focusing on finding another job. Getting pregnant soon may complicate that, I know, but I just feel so much for your poor treatment there. No one should have to live that way. I'm excitedly looking forward to your upcoming ICSI, too!

Chuord -- Thanks for being so interested in our pregnant stuff! It's a very good thing, not having extra fluid. It can indicate there's an issue with the baby's well-being, since fluid accumulates if the baby isn't swallowing at a normal rate. It also puts you at an increased risk of cord prolapse if your water breaks. And, then, there's the flip-flopping baby. But, of course, a lot of people with extra fluid never have these problems. I just am glad I don't have to worry about it at this point! Midwife thinks that baby is more mobile than expected at this stage because I have a "really stretchy uterus" from my previous pregnancies, rather than from there having been excess fluid. I know my abdominal muscle are pretty lax, too, which lets the baby move around more than he otherwise would. Baby was still head-down at my visit yesterday, so I'm just assuming it took him a bit longer to get stuck in the right position because of my "stretchy uterus."

Oh man, am I the only one here with wicked stretch marks? I may have to take a rare bare belly photo for you guys so you can see the other end of the spectrum. DD used to point at them and say I was hurt. I explained they were "just stretch marks," and now she points at them and says, "They're just marks!"

Mamablue -- you asked how many weeks I am; I'm 37 weeks and 3 days today. I don't feel like anything is happening anytime soon, but who knows. I'm guessing I have another week and a half to two weeks. Today is my last office day, and then it will be low-key work at home, thank goodness.

Mares, Wengrin, how are you guys doing? Anyone else lurking?

Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

I made us a new thread (a few days late). It looks like a lot of new journeys are about to begin!

The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Buck Moon

User Tag List