Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#1 of 57 Old 06-13-2014, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Strawberry Moon

Hello all and welcome!

The original "Sane 2ww" thread was started by zenquaker. This is a continuation of the "Sane 2ww" thread and we felt "A Saner TTC" was a natural evolution. Over time, many of those TTC among us have been successful, but neither us nor them are ready to say good bye to this Saner Sisterhood. For that reason, we've expanded this description to include both those currently TTC as well as the graduates in the group.

Here's the gist of the original thread: this is a space to re-conceive the 2ww as a time of waiting and contemplation. Although we don't judge those who wish to poas frequently, symptom-spot, or do chart analysis, this a space set apart from that activity. We share our thoughts about other ways to approach the 2ww and all parts of our cycles. We encourage each other to feel our feelings fully and to greet all possible outcomes with openness.

We also seek to approach our pregnancies with the same holistic calm, knowing that both growing a baby and being a woman are complex experiences that deserve our humility and reflection. As our babies grow into this world, we seek to hold the space for them within ourselves and the world around us, to make our spirits ready as our bodies are made ready.

We also remember that there is much to life outside our efforts toward procreation, and we enjoy sharing all of our journeys with those who share the space with us here.

We hope you'll join us.

This month's moon name and meaning from the Farmer's Almanac:

"This name was universal to every Algonquin tribe. However, in Europe they called it the Rose Moon. Also because the relatively short season for harvesting strawberries comes each year during the month of June . . . so the full Moon that occurs during that month was christened for the strawberry!"

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 57 Old 06-14-2014, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello!

Thank you for the new thread primal, you are so sweet for keeping us all organised :-)

I'm delighted to be out of last month, this feels like a new start. With the failed IVF and my director making work so stressful, I'm pleased to escape! AF has started early for me, and so it's onto a new month. We are going to relax for the next two months and enjoy summer. If it happens naturally that will be great, I am doubtful though. I think for 19 months we've been trying, the sperm and egg have ignored each other! So I think that will be the case for the next two months until we get to icsi IVF in August.

Chuord, sorry to hear your birthday was so difficult. This process really does heighten everything. Glad to hear you expressed yourself and got it out rather than locking it in. I hope DH still spoiled you?

Primal- you sound so uncomfortable sweetheart. Stay where it's cool and get everyone running round for you/ this is where older boys should be very useful!! It's going to be exciting on this thread to countdown to all these births and celebrate. Are you first primal at the end of July? I am trying to remember the order of the BFPs. Or was it mares first?

Mamablue- how does the homeschooling work, it is very rare here. Do you have a teaching background, or just using other experience? It sounds fascinating. Do you structure the day like a normal school day?
I had a lovely mental picture of you taking the unborn to the zoo with the other children, you are brave! Take care of yourself and put your feet up sometimes ;-)

Wengrin- are you still with us? Have you made it through this terrible new site? Pm me your email address, I'd live to hear how you are doing.

Mares- are you all set up for the new baby now? Summer is going to be so good with all the little ones due :-)
Is DS and DD doing ok?

Jenn- how are you getting on? Thank you for your supportive messages.

Right better go do something. I'm feeling quite depressed at theomrnt and stressed. I can't seem to make decisions and I feel so down. I'm taking each day as it comes and trying to get outside.

Love to you all!
#3 of 57 Old 06-16-2014, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Oxford -- I think getting outside every day is a great idea. So many people are chronically vitamin D deficient, and correcting that helps with so many other issues. I try to get thirty minutes of sun a day if I can (I'm more successful at that than thirty minutes of exercise!), and I do think it helps my mood. Your relaxed (as far as TTC goes) summer sounds like it will be good for you. Is is positive for you at all to feel that maybe you know now why conception wasn't happening? It would be so great if ICSI solves this issue quickly for you; that's where my hope is for you now!

As far as due dates, I think (?) that it's Mares, then Mamablue, then me? I remember that I was the last BFP in the group. We're all within a few weeks of each other, though. My official due date is August 4, but mine tend to arrive a week or so ahead of schedule, so I'm expecting it to happen at the very end of July (thus my signature).

We're having some mellow times in our house, which is nice. We're trying something different this summer, where we're trying to have some weeks where my boys are separated with one of them staying with their dad and one with me. They've just been fighting with each other so much; it seemed like they needed some room to breathe. It's also letting us spend more one-on-one time with them, which has been really nice. My ex isn't 100% on board with this yet, as he really likes having kid-free weeks, but I'm working on it. I think that, at least over the summer, it could be really positive. DS2 (the one that I've had so many issues with lately) is with us this week, and I really feel this has helped him with bonding with my husband (they don't always get along), and just feeling less stirred up in general. Anyway, it's been nice.

How is everyone else doing?

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#4 of 57 Old 06-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I am due July 26th The other two both came three days before their EDDs. I think mama blue is actually a week or two ahead of me.

I'll be back tomorrow morning for personals! I miss you ladies. I just need to get this in my subscriptions we should post a link in the old thread, too. I'll do it in the morning if no one else haas (on my phone now)

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#5 of 57 Old 06-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Posts from the last thread, so we don't miss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post
Hello all, I hope you all had a great weekend. Let's all check in with what we are up to and our places on the road in our journey to motherhood.

AFM - The last few days were spent with dear friends and family, and it was wonderful. Today will be for resting up and tidying the house. I have to get the swelling down in my feet before my midwife sees them and gives me a stern talking to about taking it easy. The hubster has a mild cold and is being a drama king about it. Wuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengrin View Post
Hi everyone. I don't know if I'm replying in the right place! I am not a fan at all of this new site set-up.

Oxford that Director of yours needs to mind their own business and I can't believe you were made to feel as though IVF is not a valid reason for time off. I hope that you can either get them to understand or like I read someone else say, just don't say what it's for from now on. Good grief. It's your time-off, it's none of their business. Oooh I have some things to say that are not appropriate. That makes me angry!! I'm so sorry that you have felt so emotional but I completely understand and feel that it is normal for what you've endured. Having your best friend get pregnant with ease and deliver a healthy baby must seem cruel. I know you're thrilled for her but it is just not fair that some people have it so easy and then others struggle for so long. Keep the faith that you will have your own success story. xx

Chuord I totally get the birthday thing. I find that birthdays (even holidays like Mother's Day) can stir up emotions and brings any insecurities or feelings of discontentment to the surface. I know you're so positive and hopeful most times....this process can just be so long and frustrating. Glad you were able to enjoy part of your day.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Sounds like Mamablue is glad for summer and no homeschooling! I am trying to have DD work on homeschool math sheets that I printed online so that she doesn't fall behind. But of course that's just one sheet a day and not intense studying.

We are doing well- I am 20 weeks and feeling tons of baby rolls and movement. I'm sooo much better thankfully. I am struggling more with growing pains and headaches. But I can handle this. We are out for summer now too. It is a nice relaxing change of pace, but of course we are trying to stay busy and avoid boredom and arguing. Ha.

Primal, that's great that your schedule works well for time sharing. If the kids like it then that's what matters I would think. I can imagine the running back and forth for books or activity gear. We do that some...but it's not as bad because we only do 1 week alternating during the summer. I like having DD at home for school. It just makes things easier. Her dad wouldn't stay on top of her school work and she would completely fall behind. Ugh.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to stay connected but this silly new platform is driving me a bit bonkers. Take care.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#6 of 57 Old 06-17-2014, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yay for a new thread. I couldn't for the life of me find it. This new format is not my favorite. Now to figure out how to subscribe to our new discussion.

I'm due on July 21, but I've been known to go late. My last birth was a homebirth induction at 41w0d because my midwife was going out of town for Thanksgiving. So far, each baby has been later than the one before it. So I'm thinking that @mareseatoats may deliver before me. It sure would be nice to deliver sooner to escape the summer heat though, but I prefer to begin labor naturally if possible.

What do you think mares, I'll race you to the finish line?!

Oxford - I'm sorry you have been feeling down, and I second the suggestion to make sure you are getting enough vitamin D. Mine was routinely tested last fall and it was quite low. It was a bit surprising because I am in a year-round sunny climate and I am outdoors often. We go to the beach a lot! Other than that, I like the idea of having a relaxing summer and doing ICSI in August. This summer will give you and your beloved an opportunity to recharge your batteries and enjoy each other's company without clinic appointments looming over you. It's good for the mind and marriage.

I do not have formal training as a teacher, but at this point I've been homeschooling kids for 10 years, and I've picked up a few tricks along the way. My kids are enrolled in a homeschooled based charter school, which means that we meet with a trained teacher/advisor once a month to turn in and review our work and get suggestions on where to make improvements and adjustments. This helps us to keep on task and catch any problems very quickly. My kids are self-motivated and learning comes easy for them, so we rarely have issues. If we did, we'd be able to get the help we need, as the school has staff to help parents and children with learning difficulties or other challenges.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#7 of 57 Old 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I finally found the thread. I am struggling with this new site setup.

Primal that sounds like a great plan for your boys. Hope ex gets on board with it. Glad things are more settled for you guys.

I admire homeschool mamas for their commitment. It must require a lot of self discipline and lots and lots of patience.

We are taking care of little DS here. He has had a very high fever. I took him to the pediatrician today because he played with some friends over the weekend and one ended up spiking a high fever and tested positive for strep. So I was just sure DS had it, but the test in the office was negative. Good news but frustrating also because there isn't a quick fix for a virus. I really hate to take antibiotics but when littles are so sick it is sometimes nice to know it's bacterial and can be knocked out with meds. Hopefully it will pass soon. His fever was almost 105 last night and he was shivering and chattering....and vomiting and begging for something to drink. That's the worst part, making them sip slowly to try to avoid vomiting but they beg for a drink and don't understand the plan. Today has been better, fever 102-103 and no vomiting. But nighttime is always when things get worse it seems.

Hope everyone is well. I will check in and write more later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#8 of 57 Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 331 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Thanks for the link mares I got lost too!
Mamablue the only way I found to subscribe is in the desktop version... They're not really fixing the platform very fast are they lol. Glad you are having fun, and that you are fitting in some rest time to deflate those ankles! So if you're due mid-late July, that's 4-5 weeks away right? And then we rack 'em and stack 'em afterwards with mares and then primal? Wow it seems both really fast and a long wait all together! I'm sure you're all calm as you've done it before and know what to expect?
Primal - thanks for the new thread, and all the understanding (that goes for everyone!) I'm getting through it now and starting to feel cheerful and normal again - Oxford will understand the injections are nothing compared to the bonkers mental state the hormones cause... Thanks to you all for being so supportive, it's a lovely place to come for a virtual hug
I also think that the individual time with each of your boys is a great idea - hopefully it helps them both settle a bit. Let's face it early teenage years are really confusing and tricky, do the extra tlc can't hurt!
Mares - how is your gorgeous house going? Do you feel settled and nested in? I hope so!
Wengrin - 20 weeks is good, do in a month you'll be the last pg one rolling until done of us join you up we're trying hard to get there!
Afm - dh has thrown a rash and I was out of it yesterday with what felt like a virus... Heaps better today but still tired really easily so going gentle...
#9 of 57 Old 06-21-2014, 05:31 PM

Hi Chuord, sorry DH has been sick. My DS got the bad fever and then a day later broke out in a head to toe rash. Then DD got it and she broke out in the rash also. Strange....the nurse said it was fine though and to let it run its course.

We've had company staying with us so I am exhausted staying on top of laundry and making meals. I'm so glad to be feeling normal again though. I never ever want to endure weeks of nausea and malaise like that ever again!

Hope everyone is doing well. Yes here's hoping that one of you will be the next on the list to be expecting! I feel something on the horizon, for sure.

#10 of 57 Old 06-21-2014, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi ladies.

So sorry about the rash and fevers going around you, @wengrin ! Hope it runs fast.
@chuord Hope dh is feeling better and you don't get it.

Yay for countdown to babies!!!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#11 of 57 Old 06-22-2014, 03:06 PM

Hi Chrissy how's your zen going?
Wengrin - thanks, turns out his was an allergy a much easier option. I'm so glad you are feeling better, I think nausea is the worst!
Off to see the inlaws today, hoping for a fun visit (I can hope can't i lol?)
#12 of 57 Old 06-23-2014, 11:28 PM

Morning ladies!

Sorry I have been quiet, I have been feeling down and depressed. I am still putting my life on hol to get pregnant and the stress is building. At work my director is being a cow! I have decided that if I he pregnant from our next IVF in august, I will stick it out for the maternity pay. If it doesn't work again, I am going to leave. It is too stressful.

Also, reading chuord's post about hormones after IVF, I wonder whether that is what is affecting me? Has it made you feel down chuord?

I am cd14 today so we are casually bd-ing! I don't hold much hope as I think the egg and sperm will just ignore each other, but you've got to give it a go!

How are you all doing?
#13 of 57 Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Oxford -- That sounds like a good plan re: your job. Life is too short to stay at a job that you hate. I'm very much hoping with you that you end up having to stay after a successful IVF cycle, though. I am sorry that you are feeling down. Between the effects of the meds and the discouragement of your last cycle, I think it's entirely natural. You have shown so much determination and stamina in this process, and it's such a hard journey. I am thinking of you, and I hope that you are able to get some reprieve to refresh yourself before you begin again in August.

Chuord -- How were the in-laws? Any other fun stuff going on?

Mamablue, Mares -- How goes these final weeks?

Wengrin -- Still feeling well, I hope. Any big summer plans before late pregnancy slows you down?

Anyone else I'm missing - HI!

AFM, I'm doing well. The heat and humidity aren't fun, but I'm doing alright by limiting when I'm out at the hottest times of the day. Pregnancy is slowing me down more and more, but I'm really trying to be present and appreciative of this experience. It's hard to believe that, in another month or so, this will be over and I won't experience it again. I'm definitely not wanting to waste this time by focusing on my discomfort and awkwardness. I have four more weeks at work, and then I'll be working at home until delivery. Taking that a day at a time, too; my focus isn't what it used to be, and I have to really struggle to get through what I need to get done.

Overall, though, life is good. The alternating kid schedule is working well. The fighting in the house was really getting to me, so it's wonderful to have a little more peace. My younger son is continuing his counseling, but I can't say I'm seeing any kind of change yet. He has two appointments this week, and we may start the conversation about medication. It feels soon for me, but we kind of want to get adjustments done before school starts for him in the fall. I don't know what the right thing to do is. I'll probably just see what the doc has to say. The cost of the appointments is becoming stressful, as my ex husband hasn't contributed at all, even though he had agreed that he would share the cost of it with me. It's really frustrating that this burden is only on my family. My ex and his fiance both work full time and only have the two boys half time. I'm the only one working in my home, and I'm supporting five (soon to be six) people. I can't stop taking DS for treatment, so I end up being the one who pays. It's really exasperating when I hear about my ex planning parties and trips, not to mention an apartment larger than they need, but is not paying for his son's necessary medical care. My husband and I stopped getting our own marital counseling (which was actually doing us a lot of good) so that we could afford to take DS for care. I just don't understand my ex not understanding that paying for your kids' real needs isn't optional. But we're getting through it.

What's up with everyone else?

#14 of 57 Old 06-24-2014, 11:32 AM

Oxford - Ugh, your boss sounds like a total wiener. I think your plan for the near future sounds very reasonable. Going through infertility treatments is emotionally, physically, and financially draining, and to have to deal with some uninvolved yahoo's feelings about it is just asking too much. I am very sorry, too, that you have been struggling with depression and adjusting to the hormonal surges the meds bring on. Are you in a position to discuss your feelings with a therapist? Perhaps your clinic would even be able to refer you to one that specializes in patients struggling with infertility. I know such therapists exist, as I've seen adverts in a few of the doctors offices I've been in. Despite all of the challenges you've had to face, I am proud of your resolve. You've gone through a gamut of testing, you've learned about PCOS and are treating it, you've begun your IVF journey, and are starting ICSI very soon. All of this you have done with grace and determination. I am proud of you. You and your hubby are to be commended and I know happy
times are ahead for you both.

Primal - I am glad your son is getting the assistance he needs. If meds are what will help him more, then you are wise to pursue them. I am sorry that your ex isn't helping with the expenses though. Have you given him a copy of the bills you have already paid? Maybe he will be able to reimburse you for his half. Are there any programs in your community that can help defray some of the costs?

AFM - I received a bill in the mail last week for a procedure (hsg aka dye and X-rays of the tubes and uterus) I had done last August. Over $1000 dollars. This morning my phone rings, wakes me up out of a dead sleep, and they are already harassing me for the money. There were veiled threats to send me to collections and everything. Dude, I just got the first bill. You waited nearly a year to bill me, and now you want me to write you a check. Dream on. I have to investigate the charges and (likely) file some sort of dispute. The procedure should have been covered by my insurance. What a joke our healthcare system is. The problem is that I don't even know what my rights are, and I don't even know where to go to find out. So instead of being able to relax in my last month of pregnancy, I have to deal with is crud. I'm not happy this morning. But on the bright side, physically I feel great and baby is doing well.

Last edited by mamaBlue; 06-24-2014 at 02:14 PM.
#15 of 57 Old 06-24-2014, 03:58 PM

Oxford - totally!!! I felt really miserable even till after my next period (I found this last time after non success ivf too) this time was harder as instead of having hope through those first two weeks I just had the hormones, plus it was a little hard watching 3-4 others have success that month, although you are happy for them it compounds your own misery. Continue to be gentle with yourself (imagine pouring yoghurt over your bosses head) it does improve. You do accupuncture? Or something like that? I normally go to Ranee and get her to help my hormones balance out. I feel and understand you on every level - it's frustrating, me knowing if I'd triggered two days earlier it could've been ok, you knowing that ICSI could have made all the difference. Here's something small to do (it's helped me) say outloud to yourself each day three things you are grateful for that day - it helps focus on the better things happening and apparently under MRI they discovered that gratitude is the emotion that best lights up the whole brain - it really helps. Also hold onto the thought of ICSI - I have a really good feeling that you've found your solution, you just need to get to it. Oh at my scan at cd2 or 11 days after missed trigger my ovaries were still full of full size ghost (empty) follicles - it truly takes time for things to settle.
Wengrin - despite all of your money worries you sound so happy and balanced it's great to read! Your ex sounds like a dick, men/women who don't support their children p me off. Sorry it slipped out
Have you tried any supps or any natural treatments? (I'd recommend a mineral balance with kiniesiology) chances are something is blocking his ability to absorb and utilize some mineral, which could be contributing. I had that before. Also I've seen so many reviews on what a lack of magnesium can cause (lots of depression), maybe a supp is the way to go. I'm not saying instead of the other, but if it works it would save money on the counselling and drugs while fixing the issue. I hope you find the right solution for ds so that you can continue enjoying every day of pregnancy!
Mamablue - omg that is soo late! Sounds like douche bags are everywhere at the moment! Can you call your insurance and talk it through? Meanwhile I'm glad you too are enjoying the happy pg days!
Afm - attack of the dizzy so I didn't make it to see the inlaws (it's so wrong that I was looking forward to it lol). Instead I went to see Ranee and we worked out it was because if stopped my vital greens for a day or two... I took an extra dose and it started to get better. Heading off to Darwin on Friday and I don't like flying when dizzy, so trying to resolve. Cold snap through southern australia - 50cm of snow through the ski resorts, do wish I was there lol! Instead we're going to the tropics. I'm looking forward to the food and like you Oxford I'm in bd season, a natural success would be sweet - but we will get there, know in your heart it will work for you!
#16 of 57 Old 06-24-2014, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the support guys (yes, Chuord, he's a total dick). DS's appt went well. We decided not to do meds at this point; doc and I were in agreement that counseling needed more time. She wasn't happy that we were only going every two weeks. I explained that I couldn't afford the copays weekly ($50 a pop, plus the visits with the psychiatrist... it was really adding up), and she talked to the office manager and lowered the copay they'll collect to $25! Now we'll be able to take DS weekly, and he'll hopefully get more benefit from the process. Even if it's not easy, and even if my ex doesn't consistently kick in, we should be able to sustain this. That's good news for us!

#17 of 57 Old 06-25-2014, 03:00 AM

Primal - that's fantastic! Mama blue was right, if you don't let them know it's hard you don't get the cheaper rate... I'm really glad
#18 of 57 Old 06-26-2014, 10:56 AM

Hello lovely ladies,

Thank you for your support, your posts made me smile :-)

Mamablue- you sai my director was a "wiener" and I didn't know what that was. I have googled it and it says it's a type of sausage! Was that what you meant?? Add that to chuord's image of pouring yogurt over her head and I have sausage and yogurt!!! Lol.

I had acupuncture today so I'm feeling a bit more balanced. My fire energy was low, so she has pumped me up.

Mamablue- that is awful about your bill. Have they been trying to get the money from the insurance company all this time, or are they just inefficient? Gosh it seems like a long time ago since you were having those investigations, and look at you now!! :-) try not to let it spoil your happiness. So close to that little bundle now :-)

Primal I agree your ex is a dick! I do know what that one means! Lol. I'm so pleased he's now your ex and you have upgraded to a sweeter guy. Great news that they have cut the payments, fingers crossed that the extra support really shifts thibgs for DS.

Chuord- thanks for sharing how tough you going it with the leftover hormones, I guess that has been compounding my work stress. I went through a spell last week where I couldn't even make decisions about what to have for dinner. My brain was just mush. Starting to feel better now, so hopefully it's lifting. How are you doing? Has the dizziness stayed away for your trip? Darwin sounds like a great place. Will you get time to explore while DH is working? What are your next steps with treatment? Are you trying IVF at the end of this cycle or waiting another?

Wengrin- how are you doing? Still battling through?

Over here I am cd16. I o'd naturally yesterday so I was pleased that my cycle has reset to completely normal. However DH was away for work on Wednesday so missed o day and he was too tired or headache on -2 and -1. Honestly!!! I was so frustrated!! They only have one little job in all this and they bottle out when needed. Grrr! So I don't hold out much hope for this month with just a -3. Possible but not likely.

Right better go cook some dinner. Hugs to you all, fabulous group we have :-)
#19 of 57 Old 06-26-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Wiener is another name for d*ck or hot dog. lol

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#20 of 57 Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 AM

Oxford - you're a crack up 'googling wiener' so innocent
I'm improving and pretty much normal, waiting for o (I tend to be a week later after ivf) I guess when AF comes I'll get a scan and see, if all good I guess we'll get straight onto it - unless I decide that not doing it is better (I'm over injections right now)
Here's to sunshine for everybody!
#21 of 57 Old 06-27-2014, 12:21 AM

Chrissy - what's exciting with you
Btw have you watched the Lego movie recently
#22 of 57 Old 06-27-2014, 02:56 AM

Ha ha!!!!! That is sooooo funny :-)

Chuord- if you go ahead are you going to do a full cycle or transfer some of your frozen embryos? It must be tough knowing you have little babies waiting for you. I hope to get there in august.

Hi Chrissie, nice to hear from you. How are you doing?
#23 of 57 Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 PM

Hi everyone!

Too funny about the wiener!! I'm going to have that in my head for a while...😀

Oxford I can't think clearly or make logical decisions without crying or screaming when my hormones are wonky. That must be compounding the situation with your horrible boss. Hugs to you and I have lots of hope for your ICSI in August.

Primal your ex does sound like a dick! Thank goodness the office agreed to take half of the co-pay so your DS can be seen weekly. That's great.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will log back in later for personals. Trying to get DS to take a nap. We had a beach play day with friends and we just got all cleaned up.

Take care.
#24 of 57 Old 06-27-2014, 01:39 PM

Wengrin - great to hear from you
Oxford - no I'm determined not to touch the frosties, I want more than one child - so for me the rush is to 'collect' frozen embryos for later before I get pg or my eggs get too old lol. So if I go naturally yay, otherwise it'll be a whole fresh cycle with hopefully some extra frosties. Age is my main fertility factor, and why we're on ivf. I should o at the start of July - so I'll be starting ivf mid July if my ovaries are recovered, otherwise it'll be mid August - either way we will be pretty close in timing
I'm so confident with you that the ICSI will solve the issue looking forward to your results already!
#25 of 57 Old 07-01-2014, 01:38 PM

Hello all. Everyone is so quiet right now. I suppose that's because we are all just waiting. Waiting for our IVF cycles. Waiting for birth. I hope everyone's wait is full of peace and love. We all deserve it!
#26 of 57 Old 07-01-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post
Hello all. Everyone is so quiet right now. I suppose that's because we are all just waiting. Waiting for our IVF cycles. Waiting for birth. I hope everyone's wait is full of peace and love. We all deserve it!

I've been reading along, but not much to report. We've somewhat settled into the house. It feels good to be here. I unexpectedly met a small group of like-minded mamas who all live around the lake, and that's been really amazing. I've never had a community like they do, and we have been lent a nice infant car seat and offered a meal train for after the baby is born. It's really special. I changed midwives last week (eek!) because the midwife I had transferred care to was not what I was looking for. She had a hard time keeping track of who I was and mixed me up with other patients, and then just completely forgot an appointment. I got in with a group I like much better, though, and am going to pick up the birth tub next week! I'll hit 37 weeks on Saturday. Not much else to report I'm not feeling quite ready for baby to come, but definitely starting to feel the excitement building. A small part of it still doesn't feel real. I have some house and belly and kid pictures on my instagram (http://instagram.com/yourliesl) if anyone wants to peek.

Thinking of you all!

#27 of 57 Old 07-01-2014, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, Mamablue!

I'm mostly waiting for my in-office work days to be finished. My last one will be July 18, and I'm so ready to be out of there. My head is not in the game anymore, but I'm trying.

I really need to get my baby clothes organized, and figure out what this kid will sleep in (will probably buy a cosleeper or bassinet at resale later this month). I ordered the replacement AC cord for my breast pump; wore that out with the last baby. I haven't packed a bag yet, but there's still a bit of time before that becomes pressing. I try to do that by 37 weeks. Maybe 36 weeks this time; I don't feel like this one is going to wait until 39 weeks like my others have (but who knows, watch me still waiting at 41 weeks). I want to just be done with all the prep stuff so I can relax and wait. Time really is slipping by. I'm taking my probiotics and crossing my fingers for a negative GBS test next week (I was positive with the last one). Babe is head-down and active, so all seems well for birth.

#28 of 57 Old 07-01-2014, 02:51 PM

Mamablue - having a month off (lol ie trying naturally) while waiting for my ghost follicles to disappear, I'm up in Darwin again with dh having a relaxing time in the heat and enjoying life... The best thing about all the meds is when you come off them you realise how happy and great things really are. Glad you are holding that zen!
Primal - hope you get to July 18 with a little bit if energy left for you! That is going to be a well earned rest!
Mares - Omg sounds like you have moved to the perfect neighborhood for you! That is great!
You ladies are all soo close now! I always thought the nine months would take forever but having lived it with you guys it seems so fast!
Hugs all round
Wengrin, Chrissy, Oxford and everyone - what's new?
#29 of 57 Old 07-03-2014, 06:25 PM

Hi everyone. Mares it sounds like you found a great place and met some nice women. That is so nice....nothing like having support from like-minded mamas when you have a baby on the way.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Chuord I know what you mean, when you feel really wonky and then start feeling better again, it's such a relief. I can't imagine how those meds must make you feel.

We are on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN. We went to a beautiful nature preserve today and then went swimming. I have been feeling off and on better. Driving through the mountains on the winding roads makes me woozy but overall it's been nice. The weather is great this week. Not too humid or hot compared to Florida.

I had a sonogram and baby girl is measuring 2 weeks ahead. I always have big babies though. DS was 8lbs 4 oz at 38 weeks when my water broke. Anyway it was good to see her in there. I may have posted about this already. My mind is mush lately.

Oxford how are you doing?

I will try to post a pic. Take care all.

#30 of 57 Old 07-03-2014, 06:26 PM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page