~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#301 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Although now I'm like... What next? I took 150 mg Clomid, I seem to have ovulated perfectly, we had plenty of sex during the time I was fertile, I used Mucinex and Pre-Seed - why am I not pregnant?? When everything works and then ultimately doesn't work, where do you go from there??
#302 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Well, seems I could have skipped all the thinking about the trip and testing and privacy. Bleeding today I'm not that upset that I'm not pregnant, I could use a little more time getting things ready/letting ds2 grow up. But my LP was only 9 days. That's just kind of pathetic for TTC. I'm hoping my new vitamins will help with that. And after my period is over I'm going to try doing the self-massage that the Mayan Abdominal Massage practitioner taught me.

Move me back to Waiting to O, please.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#303 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
@Wilhelmina congratulations! Those lines are beauts I hope you can take time to relax, breathe and enjoy that you are holding life within yourself. I'm trying to remind myself of this often, especially when I feel the anxiety rising. Hoping to see you in April 15 ddc
#304 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@tinytina Im so sorry you're feeling down lately. Big hugs. I hope things start to look up soon. @discalceata sorry about the BFN. How long have you been TTC, if you dont mind me asking? @Angelorum I guess at least that will take some pressure off of the trip. Hopefully you have fun!

AFM this is the heaviest AF Ive had in a long time (they've been light since I had my first child 9 years ago) so Im feeling hopeful that its clearing everything out and sort of resetting things in there. Im really feeling much better emotionally now that I have AF and my body is getting back to normal. I actually saw another mom from my kids' school yesterday and I havent seen her since June when I was still pregnant. She asked about the baby and I had to tell her about the MC but for the first time I felt surprisingly okay with everything. I truly feel that its because Im out of the waiting phase and at least feel that my body is normal again.
#305 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda1980 View Post
@discalceata sorry about the BFN. How long have you been TTC, if you dont mind me asking?
Six years. Six. Years. Miscarriage 11/09, another one 11/10, nothing since. This was my second cycle of Clomid - 100 mg last month, 150 mg this month. I'm healthy, I get regular periods, I'm ovulating, my husband's SA looked great... I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm so angry and defeated all at the same time.

AF hasn't shown up yet but I can feel it coming on. I'm going to the Korean spa today to soak and steam all this rage out. Maybe tonight I'll watch a sad movie and drink some wine, have a good cry. I don't know what comes after that.
#306 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
@Wilhemina Congrats on your BFP! Please do try to relax. I know how easy it is to worry about every little thing, but as you said if it was really, really toxic I'm sure the dentist would have made a different choice. Hope the root canal went ok!

@tinytina Hooray, last assignment! I'm not giving up on this cycle for you just yet. I really, really hope you get good news on Monday.

@CountryGirl916 Wolf sanctuary!!

@Anna1979 Any news yet?

@discalceata Boo! Total bummer. It sounds super frustrating. You did everything right!! It is a totally crap mystery that you are in the middle of right now. I wish I could think of something actually helpful but hoping that commiserating is at least a little wee bit helpful. Hugs!

Hi to everyone else!
#307 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 03:07 PM

@dis caleata wow, that is a long time to deal with all of this. I'm so sorry you've been dealing with this for so long.
#308 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 04:01 PM

Thanks. Yeah, it's frustrating as hell. Husband is 36 and doesn't want to continue trying after his 37th birthday in May, so I'm starting to feel like if it doesn't happen soon, then it never will and I don't know what the next half of my life would look like childless. He's unfortunately not open to adoption (not that we could afford it) so… never saw myself as a barren old lady, but I guess it's happening.

I was all right this morning but the more I think about it, the more depressed I get.
#309 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
so sorry @discalceata wish you had better news today. like @perkier i doubt anything i can say is super helpful, but I do hope hope hope that your turn is coming, and coming soon.

@Melinda1980 glad you're feeling better and that it seems AF is having a cleansing/resettling effect.

Bummer @Angelorum but glad you're not too disappointed - i've also been researching mayan massage, and i thought i read/heard that it may actually be good to get started with it (self-massage) even during AF?

@tinytina sorry you got a BFN today and that you're feeling down, but no need to apologize - this stuff is really hard, and its good to know how you're feeling, even if it's not always positive. Sorry about your stomach issues, and my fingers are still crossed for your blood test Mon.

@Wilhelmina hope your root canal went well today and that you're resting easy. Congrats on your BFP, looks great!! I really like your idea of focusing on the "best what ifs"

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#310 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 PM

Thanks, y'all. I made an appointment for Mayan massage next weekend, had a good soak-and-steam at the Korean spa today, and will talk to my doctor on Monday about whether I should start another round of Clomid before my appointment with her on Thursday. And I have a new job to start on Monday too, so that'll give me something to throw myself into and keep my mind busy. I'll be okay. It's just so frustrating to not know why.
#311 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 11:07 PM

@FyerFly My practitioner's guidelines about the massage were to lay off it the 5 days before your period and during your period.
@discalceata - hugs. Let us know how the massage goes.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#312 of 504 Old 08-09-2014, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Thank you everyone. The root canal is done ... Really, not a fun procedure at all. The tooth is still hurting and it's challenging to eat, but it's not too bad and should settle in a couple of days. Trying not to worry. I'm thinking about getting the permanent crown in the second trimester if possible. We'll see what my options are. Otherwise I'm feeling fine. Still a little shakey from all this latest 'action'.

Proud mommy to our stellar Stella (3/2011). 
#313 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
Six years. Six. Years. Miscarriage 11/09, another one 11/10, nothing since. This was my second cycle of Clomid - 100 mg last month, 150 mg this month. I'm healthy, I get regular periods, I'm ovulating, my husband's SA looked great... I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm so angry and defeated all at the same time.

AF hasn't shown up yet but I can feel it coming on. I'm going to the Korean spa today to soak and steam all this rage out. Maybe tonight I'll watch a sad movie and drink some wine, have a good cry. I don't know what comes after that.
That is so unfair. I'm really sorry. Hugs. And here I am with my stupid tooth pregnant ... It makes me feel bad. It should have been your turn :,(

Life is stupid and unfair.

#314 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post
@Wilhelmina congratulations! Those lines are beauts I hope you can take time to relax, breathe and enjoy that you are holding life within yourself. I'm trying to remind myself of this often, especially when I feel the anxiety rising. Hoping to see you in April 15 ddc
Thank you sweetie! All the best to you!

#315 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 AM

@Wilhelmina glad the dental issue is over, for now at least. Are you feeling better about the BFP? I hope so. Im so happy for you
#316 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post
That is so unfair. I'm really sorry. Hugs. And here I am with my stupid tooth pregnant ... It makes me feel bad. It should have been your turn :,(

Life is stupid and unfair.
Life is definitely unfair but please don't feel bad! I'm happy for your success, really!
#317 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
So sorry to hear the news, discaltea. Very frustrating. Is IVF an option?

I have started the birth control pills which I will take for about three weeks before starting the first IVF cycle in September. So far they have not been as bad as I remember them being when I took them briefly in my twenties.
I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend.

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#318 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
So sorry to hear the news, discaltea. Very frustrating. Is IVF an option?
No, our insurance doesn't cover it and we can't afford it.

I don't know what to try next. I have an appointment with the doc on Thursday so we'll talk about it then. I'm probably going to have to get the HSG. I'm so freaked out by that. REALLY wish we could've avoided it.
#319 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
hi everybody! i'm back after taking a few months off, both from the forum and from ttc. i got pretty stressed out about it when it didnt happen instantly i spent 15 years waiting for my guy (well, first my ex then my current DH) to agree it was the right time, so i was just SO SURE the universe owed me for being so patient. then when he finally did get on board, nada. after a couple months i realized my cycles never normalized after going off depo, and they were getting worse not better. so went to the doctor (i think this was in march?) and got dx'd with pcos. exciting! doc gave me the option of either trying to lose weight, or going on, i think it was femera? and he was kinda pushing me to do that, because he was concerned i shouldnt put it off any longer. i wasnt sure i was ready for that. so i started trying to lose weight, without much success, and kinda tried to mentally shelve the whole thing and throw myself into other activities (i'm going back to college). then i got an out of the blue opportunity to study in Ireland for a month, and wouldn't you know it, i had a normal cycle while i was there! i think it was all the walking around Dublin. so this month, being at home again, i'm very excited to have my first positive opk in probably over a year, and therefore my first tww. which i can already tell is going to be excruciating, haha. at this point i will just be happy to get my progesterone test next week if the doc says i really did Ov! but i cant focus on anything else right now, so i figured this was a good time for me to hop back on the forums. sorry for the book!
discalceata likes this.
#320 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hey everyone, a lot has happened around here! Inning my phone and I can't tag everyone, but I'm sorry for those of you back in the TTC game.

AFM, we went away on a remote family vacation where I barely temped and manages to screw up my OPKs so now I'm kind of in the dark about where I am in my cycle. I used the clearblue advanced OPKs and accidentally used afternoon pee like I always do for OPKs. Then I read the directions like a moron and it says you need to use FMU. Well, I got a Peak smiley face on that test at CD12 means it stayed peak for 48 hours and I couldn't test again. Today it was finally clear again on CD 15 and now it has a circle. Yesterday, CD14 I had EWCM so I'm going to say I probably ovulated then until I see further evidence. I happened to temp the last 3 days so I'll see the temp rise I guess.
#321 of 504 Old 08-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Took a break last month and now am in the <<waiting to O>>!! For those that don't remember we decided to wait another month so that if it happened last month I wouldn't be 8 months + pregnant at my sisters wedding and then I decided to go to visit an old friend in Oregon...it was nice to relax, drink nice wine and not have it on my brain for a bit. So here's to lots of baby dust for everyone....and congrats to some of the BFP's while I've been gone!!!
#322 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 AM

Welcome back, @clarwyn @SeattleRain and @mamalovehm

two kitties, TTC #1
#323 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discalceata View Post
No, our insurance doesn't cover it and we can't afford it.

I don't know what to try next. I have an appointment with the doc on Thursday so we'll talk about it then. I'm probably going to have to get the HSG. I'm so freaked out by that. REALLY wish we could've avoided it.
It sounds like it is time to do the HSG! You can do it! Maybe see if you can get something to calm you down before hand?

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#324 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
I ended up not POAS since my temps had gone down for three days in a row and I figured I was out. Yesterday my temps shot up again and they were down a little this morning. AF is due Wednesday so I think I'll hold off till then to see what happens.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#325 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

AFM: Sorry, I have been trying to deal and process with everything that has been going on. The cramps have been getting worse and I am spotting today. So I guess we can say AF is on the way. I did get my blood draw this morning and found out right before 1 pm that my blood test was negative. I guess I will have to move myself back to Waiting to O. We can call the clinic and try again as soon as we are ready.

Personals:
Sorry to hear about your BFN @discalceata . I wish I could answer all your question dear. Hugs! Hope you take some time to relax and enjoy dear.

Sorry to hear AF found you @Angelorum . Hope the massage helps.

Hi @alittlemischief

Hi @Melinda1980 , thanks hun. Sorry AF found you too. Hope it helps clean you out.

Hi and thanks for your message @perkier

Hi @FyerFly , thanks for the sweet message dear.

Hi @Wilhelmina , sorry to hear about your pain. Hope it is lessening.

Hope the birth control pills treat you kindly before you IVF cycle @radiowave

Hi and welcome @clarwyn , I just had my first TWW too and it was very difficult, more so than I had guessed it would be. Hope your wait goes quickly.

Hi @SeattleRain , glad you are away on vacation but sorry that the OPK didn't go well. I hate them too but I have to do them every month now.

Welcome back from your break @mamalovehm . Glad you enjoyed a much needed break

Hi @Anna1979 , fingers crossed dear

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#326 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#327 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
It sounds like it is time to do the HSG! You can do it! Maybe see if you can get something to calm you down before hand?
Maybe, though I don't do well with meds, especially painkillers (Valium gives me painful vomiting for the rest of the day, etc), so I probably can't take anything stronger than Ibuprofen. Of course I could drink, LOL, but then I'd be worried about bleeding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post
AFM: Sorry, I have been trying to deal and process with everything that has been going on. The cramps have been getting worse and I am spotting today. So I guess we can say AF is on the way. I did get my blood draw this morning and found out right before 1 pm that my blood test was negative. I guess I will have to move myself back to Waiting to O. We can call the clinic and try again as soon as we are ready.

Personals:
Sorry to hear about your BFN @discalceata . I wish I could answer all your question dear. Hugs! Hope you take some time to relax and enjoy dear.
Thanks, and such a bummer on yours too. I'm sorry.

I still haven't gotten AF yet but I totally do not feel pregnant in the slightest and I'm definitely PMSy. I think Clomid makes my cycle longer as I was a couple days late when I took it last month too. Just another frustration!
#328 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 02:32 PM

Sorry @tinytina I was really hoping this was your month. Hope you get lots of R&R and that you and DH will be ready to try again soon.

two kitties, TTC #1
#329 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone,
I'm on 4dpo right now, so I 'm Waiting to Know.
My parents came to visit after 2 years, and I'm much busier than usual. @tinytina and @discalceata , sorry for BFNs..
#330 of 504 Old 08-11-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
My CM dried up today and my temp got a very slight lift. If I plug the temp into the next day I get crosshairs at CD15 (yesterday) so I guess O day was yesterday. I think I had decent coverage with sex on CD12 and CD14.

I'm trying to decide if I can get in the mood for O+1 sex... What are the chances that it will help? We already had so e trouble finishing on CD13 (my husband has some stress/SSRI issues) and I think it's because I was forcing it. It's 96degrees here today, we're just hot...

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page