~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~July 2014 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

#331 of 504 Old 08-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
AF showed her ugly face this am so I back to waiting to O

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#332 of 504 Old 08-12-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Dangit, @Anna1979 - I was hoping if it wasn't my turn it would at least be yours!

I still haven't seen AF yet so I took another test today. Still negative. This happened last month too, I got hugely bloated and squishy all over and felt really PMSy for like ten days before AF finally came strolling in several days late. It must be a Clomid thing. I really hate taking Clomid.
#333 of 504 Old 08-12-2014, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
@dis calctea Have you considered IUI? It's far less expensive than IVF and its a step up from a regular cycle. It sounds like you're ovulating so the Clomid is working. Other than that, the Clomid cant solve any other problems. If ovulation isn't your problem then Clomid isn't the right choice. There's got to be something else contributing to not getting pregnant. It seems like sometimes doctors just think throwing Clomid at the problem will work like it's a miracle drug. Sometimes I think they do it just to buy more time and appease us.

AFM, got a big boost in my temp today so no question about it, I'm in the TWW. Still unsure whether I O'd on CD14 or CD15. I'm starting to get very pessimistic. I feel like it's just month after month, and I don't even expect it to work anymore. Once I O, I just start thinking about what "supplies" I'll need for next month. More OPK's? More PreSeed? I don't even expect to actually get pregnant and not need these things. This is my 7th cycle. Sigh.

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
Testing early and often since February 2014.
#334 of 504 Old 08-13-2014, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AF is definitely here, today is CD 1- lots of cramping and not feeling well. I don't know what happened this month. My normal 26-28 day cycles lasted 30 days this month.

Thanks @discalceata . Hope AF finds you soon

Thanks @FyerFly . I think I need to work on being kinder to myself- I do need some rest and relaxation right now.

Thanks @loba . Enjoy your visit.

Hope you O'd and your coverage is great @SeattleRain , hun. Don't force yourself to try too much. Sex still needs to be fun/enjoyable. Sorry to hear that your so discouraged dear.

Sorry to hear about AF finding you @Anna1979

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#335 of 504 Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#336 of 504 Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM

@tinytina I'm just naturally a once a week person when it comes to sex, and my husband is as well. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to people, but whatever. The stress of TTC sex and having to do it like 3 days in a row is really hard. I'm seeing a pattern where we seem to be missing the actual O day because we get so tired of having sex in the few days leading up to O. I was actually thinking next month (see? No faith) I might plan a night at a hotel for O day to spice things up a little.

#337 of 504 Old 08-13-2014, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ooooh @SeattleRain I really like the H(O)tel night idea!! @tinytina so sorry you're cramping and not feeling well. Hugs and hope AF makes her exit gracefully so you can feel better and look forward!

Sorry AF found you @Anna1979 . Crossing fingers for next cycle!

@loba hope your TWW is swift with a good result at the end! Are your parents still visiting, or did they visit for a short time?

book-loving, cross-stitching urban hiker, married to DH since 2010

two kitties, TTC #1
#338 of 504 Old 08-13-2014, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Can I ask what people take (supplement wise)...I know this is a complicated question but as I search around online there is so much....obviously the prenatal...but some increase folic acid or folate for improved ovulation (in addition to the main obvious reasons to take it), some vitex,etc. basically looking at things directly affecting fertility. It seems to be a maze of what to take and on what days...
#339 of 504 Old 08-13-2014, 09:03 PM

A good friend just told me today that she's 3 months pregnant and my heart sank. I just can't help the feeling of "why not us?" Why does everyone seem to get pregnant so easily but I'm still 7 months into this journey with no baby. I just looked at a statistic that says 80% of women get pregnant within 6 cycles. This is my 6th cycle. Between now and the next six months, the statistic only goes up 5%. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but my mood is just horrible. Harumph.

#340 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi everybody. Sad to hear of all the BFN's and AF showing up. I really had such high hopes for everyone this month! I'm at 10dpo today and haven't had any symptoms yet. Last month I definitely had some twinges and sore breasts by now, but that didn't work out so well, so I'm not trying to use that as much of a marker, but I'm not expecting anything much for this month. I'll hold out till Saturday to test, because I got a faint positive last month at 12dpo, but I'm assuming it's on to next month for us. I know a lot of people wait out this first cycle after a chemical, so I'll be no further behind than if we waited.
@mamalovehm I'm taking viridian high 5 multi (not prenatal- read their bottles and the two are exactly the same except the prenatal is more money), 50mg zinc, vegan DHA, vegan d3, b12 spray, and calcium in my smoothies when I feel like I've had a low calcium day the day before. I also use magnesium oil spray but that's not really for TTC, just for overall well being.

Does anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend? We all need some cheerful stuff around here. I'm going to *********, where DH is from, to hang out with his extended family over his birthday, which will involve great people, good food, some drinking if I get a BFN, and possibly some family music jam time! (And yes, for anyone who's curious, they do all sound like the Beatles!).

Last edited by perkier; 08-14-2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Weirdly L.i.v.e.r.p.o.o.l got blanked out??
#341 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was a rough day, emotionally but thanks to some amazing friends on here, I am feeling a lot better this morning. I can't believe I was scared to ask for help.

I love your idea of to spice things up next month @SeattleRain . Romance still needs to be an important part of the equation. Sorry to hear about your mood hun. Not that I blame you, I just wish this journey wasn't so difficult for some of us.

Thanks @FyerFly . I am hoping I can start looking forward too.
@mamalovehm , sorry I have no real advice or information. All the clinic suggested to us was prenatal vitamins and vitamin D. I do also take vitamin C, multi-vitamin, and B100

Enjoy your time with your family @perkier . Sorry that you feel like this month isn't your month either. Got no real plans yet for this weekend. However, we are hoping to get out of the city tomorrow and go see my brother (he lives a couple hours away). My parents are coming over at the end of the month too.

#342 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
@mamalovehm , I take a prenatal, vitex and I want to start taking raspberry leaf tea again. http://wellnessmama.com/5107/raspber...-herb-profile/
@SeattleRain , I get that way too. About a month ago a friend told me she is pregnant and my heart sank but at the same time kinda gave me hope. She's 40 and got the BFP basically on her first try. Then yesterday another couple is expecting. I also have a friend that is due any day. It's all around me.

Sorry to hear about all the BFN & AFs.

I think DH and I are going to work on our exit plan (to get out of the city) this weekend.

#343 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
A good friend just told me today that she's 3 months pregnant and my heart sank. I just can't help the feeling of "why not us?" Why does everyone seem to get pregnant so easily but I'm still 7 months into this journey with no baby. I just looked at a statistic that says 80% of women get pregnant within 6 cycles. This is my 6th cycle. Between now and the next six months, the statistic only goes up 5%. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but my mood is just horrible. Harumph.
Hey hun.. I just wanted to let you know to not give up hope. It was really difficult for me because most people I talked to would tell me they weren't even trying or got pregnant right away. It took us 9 months, a lot of messed up cycles, a miscarriage, and getting my gall bladder taken out before I finally got pregnant with this baby. I am still thankful for every day I am still pregnant because of how hard it was to get here.

I will tell you that I started looking at my cycles differently and didn't really get my hopes up to get pregnant in the end. i was just happy if I showed successful ovulation and just planned on it taking longer…. which is when it happened.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#344 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalovehm View Post
Can I ask what people take (supplement wise)...I know this is a complicated question but as I search around online there is so much....obviously the prenatal...but some increase folic acid or folate for improved ovulation (in addition to the main obvious reasons to take it), some vitex,etc. basically looking at things directly affecting fertility. It seems to be a maze of what to take and on what days...
it is a maze!! I have tried a lot of "eat this, not that" diets, but I think they were crap. I take a prenatal, and because I have PCOS I also take calcium supplements and cinnamon powder. supposedly cinnamon can help jump start your ovulation. I figure it can't hurt to try I make peppermint tea every morning (and I am SO sick of it! lol) because I've read that it's generally good for fertility, and I dissolve about a capsule's worth of cinnamon in the tea.

the calcium supplement is less for fertility and more because the PCOS was making my hair fall out! I was losing it in big clumps! I went on calcium lactate and that cured it.

I've been wondering if I need to take folic acid. I assumed that was included in my prenatal, but I guess I don't know that. I do eat fortified cereal. what do you guys think?
#345 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 08:13 AM

perkier, that sounds like so much fun! enjoy! I love family jam sessions. my family and my in-laws are all musical, so any family get-together for us is going to turn into a concert

tinytina and CountryGirl, you guys sound like you're feeling down, so I'm sending you some mental sunshine!

right now seems like ALL my friends are announcing second babies, so I've been having to ration my time on social media to protect myself. also having something to DO is helping, I know I need to lose weight to make any progress so I'm throwing myself into that.
#346 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 08:17 AM

@mamalovehm I'm taking a prenatal and also drinking raspberry leaf tea almost daily like @CountryGirl916 suggested. @SeattleRain I know what you mean about the heart sinking feeling, but I'm embarrassed to admit that for me it's more of a "claws out" feeling (anger, frustration, etc.). Even for random pg ladies I pass on the street. BUT I had a weird experience walking home from work yesterday -- mama had a young DD and baby DS in a front carrier, and he turned around and saw me across the street and pointed straight at me. It felt like a good sign (you're next??)

@perkier fingers crossed for you, hope you have good news for us on Saturday! Your weekend plans sound awesome -- AFM lots of mamas/babies this weekend (will do my best to keep my claws in): visiting a dear friend who is newly a single mom and her adorable DS/DD, then my niece's first birthday party with a cadre of babies/parents.

@tinytina sorry you had another rough day but so glad you're feeling better today! Hugs!

two kitties, TTC #1
#347 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 AM

@clarwyn not sure about folic acid, but cinnamon powder sounds so delicious! Sorry you're getting tired of the tea -- can you try different types to mix it up? Or is the peppermint the right kind for you? Also like your idea of rationing time on social media, and I've been trying to lose some weight too - which also helps with feeling better all around

two kitties, TTC #1
#348 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 AM

@tinytina I'm sorry you had a rough day but am glad you're feeling better.
@mamalovehm I take a prenatal 1-3 times a day, red raspberry 1-2x/day, and once a day I also take D3, probiotic, CLA, DHA fish oil, kelp with folate, and calcium-magnesium-zinc. Pile of pills next to breakfast every morning.

AF finally showed up today so I'm waiting to O again. Saw the doctor this morning and she said my BBT chart looks perfect, my progesterone on day 22 was 38.1 which is awesome, and I'm definitely ovulating beautifully. No answer on why I'm not pregnant. She said to take 150 mg Clomid again and do everything just as I did last time - which kinda pissed me off because everything I did last time did not get me pregnant. So, argh. Frustrating. May or may not do an HSG this cycle. We'll see.

At this point I just want to get pregnant so I can stop taking Clomid. I hate this drug so much.
#349 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
I just started taking rainbow light prenatal petites. I like them a lot. I was never good at taking my vitamins even when I was pregnant, but these are easy for me to take and don't upset my stomach. I'm hoping for a longer luteal phase this cycle, if not a BFP. If it's still short, I'll probably start looking into what other supplement I can add to lengthen it.

And we're leaving tomorrow to visit family for the weekend. I'm excited, it will be a short trip, but fun.
tinytina and FyerFly like this.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#350 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Well it looks like I might not be doing acupuncture this cycle. My dr is away during the time I would normally be seeing her and the person covering works at two different clinic so trying to book something is a bit of a pain.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#351 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Hey hun.. I just wanted to let you know to not give up hope. It was really difficult for me because most people I talked to would tell me they weren't even trying or got pregnant right away. It took us 9 months, a lot of messed up cycles, a miscarriage, and getting my gall bladder taken out before I finally got pregnant with this baby. I am still thankful for every day I am still pregnant because of how hard it was to get here.

I will tell you that I started looking at my cycles differently and didn't really get my hopes up to get pregnant in the end. i was just happy if I showed successful ovulation and just planned on it taking longer…. which is when it happened.
Thank you so much for this, it really helped. Actually I remember you saying that you had a crappy the chart that month, hadn't had good coverage and still ended up pregnant. It was kind of a message to me to not be so hard on myself. The thing is, I totally ovulate. Like clockwork. I've started to wonder about exploring some other potential issues. I'm considering asking my doctor to call in a sperm analysis if it turns out I'm not pregnant this month, just to have something else to rule out.

#352 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 05:17 PM

FyerFly, it's supposed to be either peppermint or spearmint. it's supposed to help you ovulate. I don't want to drink two cups of tea, so I mix the mint and cinnamon together. it doesn't taste that great, but I'm really tired of both tastes individually too, so it doesn't matter. lol.
FyerFly likes this.
#353 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleRain View Post
Thank you so much for this, it really helped. Actually I remember you saying that you had a crappy the chart that month, hadn't had good coverage and still ended up pregnant. It was kind of a message to me to not be so hard on myself. The thing is, I totally ovulate. Like clockwork. I've started to wonder about exploring some other potential issues. I'm considering asking my doctor to call in a sperm analysis if it turns out I'm not pregnant this month, just to have something else to rule out.
We had good coverage but my chart looked terrible.. at least to me. it's still in my signature if you want to take a look. I actually stopped temping after I confirmed the pregnancy because I thought the drop meant I was losing it again.. which it didn't. I would say to follow our instincts and do any basic tests you can. You never know if there is a simple problem that can be fixed. I am happy that our problem was just me and that a little bit of medication seemed to do the trick. We were all ready to go for a HSG and a sperm analysis though if I hadn't conceived that month.

My chart -

#354 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
We had good coverage but my chart looked terrible.. at least to me. it's still in my signature if you want to take a look. I actually stopped temping after I confirmed the pregnancy because I thought the drop meant I was losing it again.. which it didn't. I would say to follow our instincts and do any basic tests you can. You never know if there is a simple problem that can be fixed. I am happy that our problem was just me and that a little bit of medication seemed to do the trick. We were all ready to go for a HSG and a sperm analysis though if I hadn't conceived that month.
What medicine were you on? We're you regularly ovulating?
#355 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 07:47 PM

I was not regularly ovulating and my ovaries were covered in cysts. My first cycle on femara I conceived with a 5 mg dose.

My chart -

#356 of 504 Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna1979 View Post
Well it looks like I might not be doing acupuncture this cycle. My dr is away during the time I would normally be seeing her and the person covering works at two different clinic so trying to book something is a bit of a pain.
I've never heard of there being a specific time...can you explain this or tell me the "ideal time"
#357 of 504 Old 08-15-2014, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Actually ended up having a decent day yesterday. A much more normal day. And overall, I felt much better.

Trust me pregnant ladies and babies seem to be surrounding us @CountryGirl916 . Definitely enjoy some time away this week.

Thanks for the gentle reminder @alivewithyou to never give up hoping.

Check the ingredient list on your prenatal vitamins @clarwyn . I appreciate your mental sunshine. Especially since it is grey and rainy yesterday and today. I think your ration of social media is a smart idea. I will try to drink more of my mint tea. Thanks for the information.
@FyerFly , I can definitely understand your reaction. We all deal with things differently. Hope your sign works out. Thanks for the hugs dear.

Thanks @discalceata , glad your chart looks great. Sorry to hear that you have to take Clomid again. Glad AF showed up so that you can try again.

Enjoy your trip visiting family @Angelorum

Sorry to hear about the difficulties scheduling acupuncture this cycle @Anna1979

Glad you seem to be feeling a bit better and making a plan for moving forward @SeattleRain

Hi @mamalovehm

Hi everyone else!

#358 of 504 Old 08-15-2014, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here! Please put any changes into BOLD! Thanks

#359 of 504 Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
@mamalovehm My experience with acupuncture is that it depends on the practitioner. I saw one who wanted me to come in for specific treatments on certain cycle days. The one I see now just tells me to come in when I can and she tailors the treatment and herbs to where I'm at in my cycle. As for supplements, I'm taking Thorne prenatal, b6 to lengthen luteal phase, and herbs prescribed by the acupuncturist. I don't know if there are many one-size-fits-all supps to enhance fertility. I will say though, the more I learn about folate (methylated) vs folic acid (unmethylated), it makes sense to start looking for traditional food sources--up to 60% of people can't methylate the (I believe synthetic?) folic acid. It's one that helps fertility indirectly through improving egg quality and detox pathways. There are threads on MDC about it but I'm on my phone at the moment. I'll try to post links later.
#360 of 504 Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 AM

Has anyone had the Maya abdominal massage done? I have an appointment for that on Saturday and am not sure if it's a huge waste of time and money, or if it's actually a good idea.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page